International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG Huy. I couldn't believe how strong your zen darmanitan was :/ Everyone will be using that set at Nats

Drifblim: Don't worry about it. Was obviously an accident since it wasn't even a competitive game, I didn't have the tools to deal with your team very well, you'd have had to be pretty masochistic to have done it on purpose lol.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
stopping for tonight at 1848 in 61 battles... huy's post and some bad luck is making me throw in the towel for now.

Just lost to 11:11pm, I have no idea who that was but they got very lucky. I can't even say GG because they had an extremely hard counter to my team, played wrong, and got lucky regardless.

Don't mean to be a sore loser, but that should have been mine. Probably the only match I can complain about though. I also had two against 1800+ opponents and lost both but was outplayed both times- one was RayRizz (not ray rizzo idk who it was but they knew what they were doing) and the other was someone from the UK. GJ to those two.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Just lost to 11:11pm, I have no idea who that was but they got very lucky. I can't even say GG because they had an extremely hard counter to my team, played wrong, and got lucky regardless.

Don't mean to be a sore loser, but that should have been mine. Probably the only match I can complain about though. I also had two against 1800+ opponents and lost both but was outplayed both times- one was RayRizz (not ray rizzo idk who it was but they knew what they were doing) and the other was someone from the UK. GJ to those two.
Oh, I beat him earlier. Too bad man.

I can't seem to win tonight I think i'm done for tonight with 62 battles done with 1720 rating hasn't updated in 2 battles so it should be around 1735

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
So I am just wondering is every WiFi tournament like this. By that I mean 80% of people loosing will DC on you(Not pointing fingers) I am just working out if I could be bothered competing again. Going 1-2 with 19 dc's opponent on last pokemon and 2 could have been accident's.

Or did I just catch an unlucky break and the DC rate is more like I see from people here(15-30%)
I'm really lucky, in that I've had almost no DCs.
My current score is I think 1830? 34-1-5, I think.

Anyway, I've somehow managed to keep information of all my opponents and games in a handy post, so if you're interested in seeing my progress, click here. I finally broke the 1900 mark at just 1901. I'm not sure how much more I'll be playing since I think it would be more productive to use my time and just study but I'll probably give in to the urge. I'm out for tonight.

UGH NOT AGAIN GOOD LORD I GOT THE ONLY COUNTER TEAM WITH A GUY WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT BUT HAXES ME OUT (11:11pm).

Man oh man I want to know who this is, because I know they've got to know the metagame and created an excellent team to smash it. They just need some help with strategy, sets on mons, and picking the correct moves, and they'd probably be top 3 on this tournament. I guess if I put the rage aside, they are a good player because they can build an excellent team.

EDIT: okay yeah he REALLY needs some help, he used a move that could have easily been beaten had he not been dumber than I thought.

AKLJFKLSJSFLKGJFDKLJG oh well. I can respect a good team

gg a couple minutes ago Enfusion. Cool team there, sorry I had kind of a cheesy matchup with it.

(also sorry it was one of the few times I was too wimpy to use Crobat :( )

Also I definitely agree things have improved Aaron. Still have that group of high rating players who feel like they deserve to never lose who DC all the time, but way fewer DCs at lower ratings in the last two I think.

Cybertron, how did you get two ties? BTW, I will be expecting to hit 1900 by tomorrow morning or afternoon (if it depends on dcers), possibly tomorrow night.

gg zaki haha what a match..that sandstream at the beginning irritated me because i run max speed tyrannitar which is veeery rare... and sitrus meta caught me..oh well next time ;P

49-54312-23185

oh god, I went out for like 6 hours and now I'm behind a lot of people. I'm at like 1902 or something, haven't gotten dc'd on as much now but even still I have like 63 percent so all hope is lost for me.

Cybertron, how did you get two ties? BTW, I will be expecting to hit 1900 by tomorrow morning or afternoon (if it depends on dcers), possibly tomorrow night.

on day one his brother and him got matched up, and then after our first battle the next day we got matched up and decided to go to wifi club for a fun match instead. :P I started having a good come back after the slump earlier time for bed and work !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)