International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally reached 1600(sounds so low lol).
I'm at 9-2-5(pretty sure the D/Cs are higher but I'm not sure).
Now to fight a guy with 1768 and hopefully win.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sol from Arizona (1713) forfeited to me when the score was 4-3; I had just stalled out his TR and the score was about to be 4-1. If you're reading this, excellent battle, and thanks for not disconnecting!

Finally reached 1600(sounds so low lol).
I'm at 9-2-5(pretty sure the D/Cs are higher but I'm not sure).
Now to fight a guy with 1768 and hopefully win.
It sounds low but that's my goal before I quit :( I had it the first day and then lost a few times and since then I've been struggling to get back up there. I figure score doesn't count all that much anyway, due to the DC's. Course, I do lose a lot :P

That spreadsheet's awesome, thanks ZachDro! I wondered what my DC rate was ^-^

Eiganjo, if you get a chance could you upload this video for me? I surprised myself pulling a win out of that hot mess :P Definitely one of my favorite battles.

Me vs. Craig from Florida (35-31886-46724) My Dragonite and Vaporeon don't normally get nailed to the wall that badly. Close call!

Edit: Also, Z E T, I saw your score, I hope it was worth your honor.

I don't like the points system of this thing. I gained 23 points from beating a guy almost 200 points higher than me,but I bet he lost almost 100.
Edit:Really? I lost to a guy and the difference was about the same,lost a LOT of points.

I'm fairly sure you gain the number of points they lose... lol

I'm also fairly sure ratings are done under ELO with a K value of 32. This means that if you play someone who has the exact same rating as you, you get half of 32, which is 16. Of course, if there's a huge difference between ratings (ie. someone with 1500 and someone with 1900), the 1900 is expected to win and so they would gain somewhere around 9 points for winning while 23 points for losing.

JRank

Jonny
I calculated my average opponent rating (excluding 4 battles where I did not catch their rating, and I am counting disconnections), and it looks like my average was 1556.8, so 1557. I'd be interested to know what everyone else's are, as some may have averaged playing better (or at least higher ranked) opponents than others.

I'm at 1805 with a 58-12-12 record, and would be a lot higher but after losing two battles last night (taking me from 1807 to 1752), I've gotten 10 wins today and two disconnections. Yes, two losses do not equate ten wins when you're around an 1800 ranking. I may play a little bit more but I may not, my peak from yesterday was 1813 so I'd like to beat that, but if the last WiFi "Friendly" rankings are an example of what this one's will look like, an 1805 ranking ought to be good enough for somewhere around #100. That would be just fine with me because last time I finished at #595.

My D/C rate is unfortunately up to 30% now... thanks to my wonky internet I D/C'd on a guy within 3 seconds of TPreview. I thought he did it to me, until it happened again and I checked the internet box-thing

very good game, flash_mc. err... I pretty sure it was you I just fought.
Who were you? Trainer or team, any tips haha anyways, GG I have a lot of saved videos so maybe I have our match if it has been good

Btw my rank is 1704 points. 26 Wins 10 Loses 24 D/C's 1 of them by my side in the middle of an easy match but my connection went down.

I'm not doing so well, I started two days late and if I win people with higher rankings they tend to DC but I don't care. I have an special team I did in a couple of hours just to test stuff for Hawaii ;)

But now, time to sleep, I'll try to pull off some battles tomorrow, I hope to stay above the 1700 mark which is harder than you think, because 1800+ people don't want to lose a high amount of points os 99% of the time they DC xD

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Who were you? Trainer or team, any tips haha anyways, GG I have a lot of saved videos so maybe I have our match if it has been good

Btw my rank is 1704 points. 26 Wins 10 Loses 24 D/C's 1 of them by my side in the middle of an easy match but my connection went down.

I'm not doing so well, I started two days late and if I win people with higher rankings they tend to DC but I don't care. I have an special team I did in a couple of hours just to test stuff for Hawaii ;)
Kanade, from BC Canada
I used an Arcanine, Ludicolo, Metagross, and Gastrodon in the battle.

Since I'm not like that though, I'm going to be on both games later, trying for top of the ladder on one and forfeiting to everyone on the other. GL to everyone else tonight.

Oh, and just incase anyone else was wondering, it ends at 8pm eastern, 7pm central time tomorrow (i could be off by an hour). You've still got time!

DAMN YOUUUUUUU RANDOM GUY WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER WITH A ~1830 RATING

BECAUSE OF YOU I'M GOING TO GET DISQUALIFIED WITH A 35% D/C RATE SINCE I CAN'T PLAY ANYMOREEEE

Kanade, from BC Canada
I used an Arcanine, Ludicolo, Metagross, and Gastrodon in the battle.
Oh yeah, I remember you. I don't know why I thought a) I hadn't protected the turn before with tyranitar and b) I expected the special variant of your mon. Btw It was my fault and you played great GG

PS: I recorded it. later I'll post the battle number if you don't mind

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Oh yeah, I remember you. I don't know why I thought a) I hadn't protected the turn before with tyranitar and b) I expected the special variant of your mon. Btw It was my fault and you played great GG

PS: I recorded it later I'll post the battle number if you don't mind
That's alright. I also saved the video actually. I was planning to upload it to the server, but it would end up purging a vid ID that I had yet to post in this topic at the time.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Finishing at 1902 with 48 battles and one loss. I had to play 8 battles to rise 17 points... wow. But, I achieved my goal! Getting to 1900 with under 50 games played due to not many losses. Final record should be somewhere around 47-1-7.
EDIT: Actually, did anyone have that good of a win ratio?

DAMN YOUUUUUUU RANDOM GUY WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER WITH A ~1830 RATING

BECAUSE OF YOU I'M GOING TO GET DISQUALIFIED WITH A 35% D/C RATE SINCE I CAN'T PLAY ANYMOREEEE
Are you the guy with the HP Ground Volcarona? Got bluescreen against a guy using this ~15 minutes ago and I'm in the 1830's

How many new members sprung up on this single thread, for whatever reason seems like a ton to me. I have 1735, 26-1-? at the moment. Loss was a fair one, most of the games were a bit too easy. Won't be able to battle again til tomorrow afternoon, ending like this would be fine. As I said before, it would be really fun to play a game against someone on here that could get uploaded without my wifi screwing up.... eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)