International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
About 5 hours ago we were supposed to go out, and I was in the midst of this last battle which I almost had to turn off and leave, but in retrospect am glad I made the decision to conclude it as it went in my favor in the end.

50-73295-41523 vs Brandon from Indiana ranked somewhere in the upper 1600s and has RNG quality pokemon at least.

Sol from Arizona (1713) forfeited to me when the score was 4-3; I had just stalled out his TR and the score was about to be 4-1. If you're reading this, excellent battle, and thanks for not disconnecting!
Hah, I was wondering if I might see my name on here! Dude, you kicked my ass, definitely the best person I've played so far. This is my first time ever doing anything competitive, but I'm learning a lot. I finally made an account to reply to this. Keep it going!:D

ZachDro doesn't live in New York, I don't think that's him.
Confirmed :p if you see me it will be someone below 1300 who will forfeit at the start of the battle, or will be someone who is 1800+ who does not have the name Zach in it at all.

Also, making a push for 2000 tonight. Gonna dethrone Ash :P

A Mexican with 1959 ratings just ragequited to preserve his ratings.

Trainer Name: Skylark
Running
Thundurus, Cressilia, Scizor, Garchomp (no yache nor sash), Zoroark, Togekiss

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hah, I was wondering if I might see my name on here! Dude, you kicked my ass, definitely the best person I've played so far. This is my first time ever doing anything competitive, but I'm learning a lot. I finally made an account to reply to this. Keep it going!:D
I thought you actually played really well! I just made some good predictions that wound up paying off, and it says a lot that you'd forfeit rather than disconnect. Did you happen to save the Battle Video and upload it? I had another battle at the time but I'd like to watch that one again. Like I said you had me on edge the whole battle, if I'd made one wrong step you could've wrecked me. Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

As for me, I completed 85 total battles with a record of 61-12-12 and a rating of 1821, so I'm done. This team really overachieved compared to what I was expecting, and definitely improved on the last tournament's record which I thought had a superior team (went 65-20-20 with 1702 in that one). I had a lot of fun, probably in part because I didn't have but 12 disconnections, a few of which were my own WiFi's fault :/ I'll probably write something up later, but I'm really pleased with how this went!

I thought you actually played really well! I just made some good predictions that wound up paying off, and it says a lot that you'd forfeit rather than disconnect. Did you happen to save the Battle Video and upload it? I had another battle at the time but I'd like to watch that one again. Like I said you had me on edge the whole battle, if I'd made one wrong step you could've wrecked me. Good luck in the rest of the tourney!
You can save videos?:D How? Upload? Hah it's never prompted me so I don't know how, like I said this is my first wifi anything really. Sorry man, thanks for the encouragement though. I'm doing okay, I didn't really start keeping notes of my battles until 50 in, but right now I'm sitting at a 1730 after 103 battles hah.

My notes for you are "Loss. Jrank. Knew everything I wanted to do. Used TR set."

I would like to thanks DiddyK. from USA Califonia for a very close rain fight match.
He has his Trainer Honour for not DCing after a very close 1-0 fight. I am sorry that O have drop your ratings from 1900+ range to 1800+ after I won you.

SALUTE!

I'm really behind from a lot of you guys. I'm ranked somewhere above 1905 with only 95 battles. I took so much losses yesterday otherwise I would have been above 1950. Went from 4 losses to 10 losses in just one day. Currently, I'm at a W/L of 84-10 with around 34 disconnections. The disconnections for me has been very high in comparison to the other two international tournaments. I'm not sure if I'll even get ranked with that amount of disconnects which really makes me question if I should even continue battling.

I'll probably be putting in 5-10 more battles and hope that the next Friendly won't be as bad as this one for me.

Hey guys

currently at 1771 rating with 46 wins 6 losses and about 32 dc on me .

Its taking a while to even get a match and when I do its against people ranked in 1400-1500

For a second there I thought it was just me not being able to find an opponent. Btw what is the cutoff point for Finding a battle against somebody. say you Have a 1500 rating. What is the highest rated person you can battle? /n00b

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Just faced TheHungerSnorlax again for a pretty fun rematch. He manages to hit Sheer Cold two turns in a row, but the first was negated since I Protected with the Pokemon he targeted.
Just so you know, in 5th gen, attacks will always give an "opponent protected itself" message regardless of hit or miss. Unlike in 4th gen where an attack will still say it misses when it misses against a protecting target.

So the first one that was targetting the Pokemon that had protected may have still missed if you didn't use protect.

Just so you know, in 5th gen, attacks will always give an "opponent protected itself" message regardless of hit or miss. Unlike in 4th gen where an attack will still say it misses when it misses against a protecting target.

So the first one that was targetting the Pokemon that had protected may have still missed if you didn't use protect.
Guess you learn something new every day, that's really interesting. Thanks for letting me know, heh.

gg Stormfront, to be fair though you may have had that if you ran Sub Latios :(
Quit bringing that up sheesh, Sub has down NOTHING for me in testing.

Even if I did, I predicted so horribly that battle it wouldn't have mattered.

If I had predicted better, and just overall played better, I would've won.

I haven't played well all night if that says anything.

Just lost to somebody in the 1400s because they got 4 quick claw boosts on their terrakion in a row. Most bs I've ever had, about ready to throw my ds straight out the window...

Just lost to somebody in the 1400s because they got 4 quick claw boosts on their terrakion in a row. Most bs I've ever had, about ready to throw my ds straight out the window...
I've noticed that once it happens once it continues happening.

3 times this tournament I've seen it work 3/4 turns in a row. to of them were 3/3.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Quick Claw and BrightPowder are about the only things I ever worry about whenever I face a sub 1500 player. After all, they are items that can even turn a CPU pushover into a serious threat. Fortunately, I didn't see too much of those two in this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)