5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Did you generate your frames for your seed in the main window?

If not, go to the main window and change the method to Breeding (BW) (International if it applies). Then paste your seed and press the button to calculate the initial PID frame. Make sure you have the right ID/SID input, and check any boxes that apply (remember you can't pass on the DW ability if you're using a Ditto parent!!!). If you have an everstone, make sure to set that as well. Then generate the frames.

Once you have the frames generated, right click one of them and go to "Display Parents in Search." Enter the parents IVs and then press "Get IVs from IVRNG (Frame 8)." Then press ok, and the IVs for each frame will be listed along with the characteristic for each frame. I think RNG Reporter mixes up the characteristics between some stats, but it might have been fixed.

Anyhow, to find what frame you hit just hatch the egg and match all the details to a frame. Remember there are NPCs so you might have to account for those (unless you have a good ear and can find your shifted starting frame from the Chatot's pitch, then you can get your shiny egg on your first try if you hit the right timer0).

If you still can't find what frame you're hitting, I want to ask if you're using an everstone? Some people have trouble finding the frame they're hitting when they're using an everstone.

I am using an everstone, but I thought I wasn't supposed to use the main window. I'm using Time Finder, and not using a ditto parent.
The reason why I can't match up the eggs is since I don't have much info in the main window, it just lists 'ma' 'fe' but I think I'll try what you said PoJ

I am using an everstone, but I thought I wasn't supposed to use the main window. I'm using Time Finder, and not using a ditto parent.
The reason why I can't match up the eggs is since I don't have much info in the main window, it just lists 'ma' 'fe' but I think I'll try what you said PoJ
Yes, try inserting the parent's IVs and stuff in the main window, it should help.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You have to use the main window to view the seed's frames. Using "Display Parents in Search" will show all the IVs, not just Ma/Fe (which tells you which parent that IV comes from, and was how you did it before Display Parents was added).

I suggest not using an Everstone, it's not really hard to find good breeding seeds even without it and that makes it easier to use the nature to tell what frame you hit.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The IVs from the IVRNG, which will probably not be the same as your target since three of them are overridden by the inherited IVs. Just click "Get IVs from IVRNG (Frame 8)" and it'll do it for you.

I'll do that. Also, does the frame number matter? A video I saw said it should be between 70-100
It has to be a bit higher than your initial PID frame since there are NPCs (they shouldn't advance by too many frames if you're fast, though), but it doesn't necessarily have to be 70-100. It can be in the 60s or even higher than 100 if you like. Although, usually you can easily find a frame that's 60-90 so you don't have to do too many chatters.

IT worked! I got my shiny HP Ground Vulpix, TY PoJ and pimp. Another question, with the nidorans, how do I go about getting the specific nidoran I want? I figure it matters what the frame matches up to in the main window, with species. Is it basically, certain seeds only match one Nidoran?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
It's determined by the PIDRNG, but it's different from the way genders are determined for other Pokémon. Since you can't search it in Time Finder, you just have to find a seed and then put it into the main window to see if your target frame gives you the one you want.

I think I'm getting the hang of this RNG thing, got 2 shiny Goletts yesterday and a shiny Landorus with HP Ice 70, and I got 2 shiny Metangs today, one with a wrong nature b/c I brought the wrong synchro :/

Anyways, when I was RNGing my Landorus, my starting frame was ~4 off from the calculated one, but I didn't see any wandering NPCs around, is there a reason for this? On the note of wandering NPCs, is there a list of them for B/W? I only see the list for DPPt on site.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Abundant Shrine does have moving NPCs (the trainers). They can only be stopped if you haven't battled any of them by beating them all.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
There is actually one wandering NPC if you battle him, leave the area and come back. There isn't a list for NPCs, just one with places that dont have them; let me see if I can find it.

I need a complete explanation for 5th gen breeding, I don't know where to look so a guide would be helpful. I do have a ds lite. I want an Eevee with 31/30/30/31/31/31, a Timid Nature, and a Dream World Ability. I do not care about shinyness. I have a Male Eevee with 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a Timid nature, I also have a Female Eevee with terrible IVS, but with a Dream World Abillity. I do not want any egg moves.

First off, after you check if you hit your standard seed with Chatot's (or not), do you turn on the C-gear and rush over immediately to bring up the menu, close it, press wireless, and hit Entralink to get to that "xxx entered the Entralink screen!"? Remember, the C-gear is running at this time, so you want to minimize how long it needlessly runs.

If so, then when you do get the Pokemon but the wrong nature, do you see a nature you hit in the main window of RNG Reporter?
Well, I start the C-Gear when it prompts me at the title screen. When I check to see if the nature is within my frame range it's usually there, but too far apart. Also, the IV's don't match with that certain nature according to my RNG Reporter.

I need a complete explanation for 5th gen breeding, I don't know where to look so a guide would be helpful. I do have a ds lite. I want an Eevee with 31/30/30/31/31/31, a Timid Nature, and a Dream World Ability. I do not care about shinyness. I have a Male Eevee with 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a Timid nature, I also have a Female Eevee with terrible IVS, but with a Dream World Abillity. I do not want any egg moves.
Having a Timid nature on the male makes no difference. If you want to pass down natures make sure the female has the nature you want and it's holding an Everstone. Passing down IV's is completely luck based. If one of the parents is holding a Power item (Power Brace, Power Lens, Power Anklet, etc.) then that parent will pass down its IV in whatever stat the Power item influences. Your male Eevee holding a Power Bracer would pass down its 31 Attack IV 100% of the time, for instance. The other IV's are randomly passed down and it chooses between parents. If you want to breed a perfect Eevee then you'll want the female to also have perfect, or close to perfect, IV's. Otherwise you'll get a lot of babies with crap IV's and a perfect 31 in whatever stat you chose to pass down. Females have a 50% chance of passing down a Dream World Ability IIRC.

Having a Timid nature on the male makes no difference. If you want to pass down natures make sure the female has the nature you want and it's holding an Everstone. Passing down IV's is completely luck based. If one of the parents is holding a Power item (Power Brace, Power Lens, Power Anklet, etc.) then that parent will pass down its IV in whatever stat the Power item influences. Your male Eevee holding a Power Bracer would pass down its 31 Attack IV 100% of the time, for instance. The other IV's are randomly passed down and it chooses between parents. If you want to breed a perfect Eevee then you'll want the female to also have perfect, or close to perfect, IV's. Otherwise you'll get a lot of babies with crap IV's and a perfect 31 in whatever stat you chose to pass down. Females have a 50% chance of passing down a Dream World Ability IIRC.
That's not rng abuse at all!

Actually, the father can hold an everstone and you'll still get the nature when RNGing. When I RNG'd my Vulpix, the father held an evertstone, not them other.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Well, I start the C-Gear when it prompts me at the title screen. When I check to see if the nature is within my frame range it's usually there, but too far apart. Also, the IV's don't match with that certain nature according to my RNG Reporter.

That's not really the case if you are RNGing. Magiphart; if you can hop in IRC I could teach you how.

Trying to capture a shiny, i hit my seed, but it doesn't come out shiny. I've checked several times and the SID and ID match up. What can be the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm using PPRNG.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Trying to capture a shiny, i hit my seed, but it doesn't come out shiny. I've checked several times and the SID and ID match up. What can be the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Also, I'm using PPRNG.
More details required. Your parameters, seed, date, time, keypresses, what you're trying to catch, etc.

More details required. Your parameters, seed, date, time, keypresses, what you're trying to catch, etc.
Pokemon Black English
DS Lite
Parameters
C7B-C7B
60-60
6-6

14B11BA665A7AD3B is the seed
7/18/2012
1:50:18
Left

ID: 28356
SID: 18375
MAC Address: 00-21-47-51-E7-41

Trying to catch a Brave Boldore in the top floor of Victory Road.

This is my 1st capture ever and my 1st RNG on black. I know how to breed on White pretty well, so i understand advancement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)