5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

IV frame is 1. Target PID Frame is 208 starting frame is 49. Yeah the IVs are correct. I get the right pokemon with the right IVs, but it isn't shiny. Also, for leading ability, it says cute charm.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
IV frame is 1. Target PID Frame is 208 starting frame is 49. Yeah the IVs are correct. I get the right pokemon with the right IVs, but it isn't shiny. Also, for leading ability, it says cute charm.
does your lead pokemon has the cute charm ability? Also, do you move before sweet scenting? Do your chattots have a customized chatter?

hi im trying to get my sid, ive tried connecting to pokecheck but the gts accepts the pokemon as deposit,at this point ive assumed my isp is rejecting pokecheck., can anyone help me find my sid

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
hi im trying to get my sid, ive tried connecting to pokecheck but the gts accepts the pokemon as deposit,at this point ive assumed my isp is rejecting pokecheck., can anyone help me find my sid
This is not really the place to ask as this thread focuses on the actual RNGing process. I would say , however, that you probably are not saving your settings.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
For Cute Charm, PPRNG will show a gender in only one of the gender ratio columns. If the ratio of that column matches the gender ratio of the Pokemon that appears in the given encounter slot for the area you are in, and you have a Pokemon of the opposite gender with the ability Cute Charm in the lead position of your party, then the Pokemon will be shiny. Otherwise, it almost certainly will not be shiny.

Found out what the problem was. Didn't get a shiny bc of that problem, and in short I'm very annoyed. Chiizu, when it says other ability for standard seed, what exactly does that mean?

Found out what the problem was. Didn't get a shiny bc of that problem, and in short I'm very annoyed. Chiizu, when it says other ability for standard seed, what exactly does that mean?
I'm not an expert at this, but I'm guessing it means the lead should have any ability, but Synchronize, and Cute Charm.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Chiizu, when it says other ability for standard seed, what exactly does that mean?
I'm not an expert at this, but I'm guessing it means the lead should have any ability, but Synchronize, and Cute Charm.
Essentially correct. Cute Charm will definitely mess up the shininess. Synchronize won't mess with the shininess, but you may not get the nature you want. The other lead abilities are for specific situations (swirling dust, fishing).

Essentially correct. Cute Charm will definitely mess up the shininess. Synchronize won't mess with the shininess, but you may not get the nature you want. The other lead abilities are for specific situations (swirling dust, fishing).
Yea, I was right. Do you think you could explain why? As in why/how does Cute Charm affect shininess? How did they figure it out anyway? Who is "they"? Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yea, I was right. Do you think you could explain why? As in why/how does Cute Charm affect shininess? How did they figure it out anyway? Who is "they"? Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions.
Non-technical version: Gender is determined by PID. Cute Charm alters the way the RNG determines gender. Therefore, Cute Charm alters the PID, and by extension the shininess.

The technical stuff should be buried in here somewhere.

Thanks to voodoo pimp for redirecting me to the proper generation:

Question: I'm trying to get into the whole RNG thing, but I can't manage to find my parameters. I've followed the steps in the manipulation guide on the main site, but whenever I search for the parameters, nothing turns up. I've checked to make sure the MAC address is correct, I've tried multiple times to ensure I get the time correct, and given that I'm using their calculator, I don't think I'm messing up on the IV's. Any suggestions? (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95, an English Black, and a DSLite)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Thanks to voodoo pimp for redirecting me to the proper generation:

Question: I'm trying to get into the whole RNG thing, but I can't manage to find my parameters. I've followed the steps in the manipulation guide on the main site, but whenever I search for the parameters, nothing turns up. I've checked to make sure the MAC address is correct, I've tried multiple times to ensure I get the time correct, and given that I'm using their calculator, I don't think I'm messing up on the IV's. Any suggestions? (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95, an English Black, and a DSLite)
Just to go down the line, if you're actually pirating it and using a flashcart you're bound to have issues. If that's the case buy the game.
Your parameters should be somewhere near these:
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7B-C7C
VFrame: 6
GxStat: 6

The most likely thing here is that you're doing a keypress (maybe massing A) and not telling RNG Reporter that you are doing so. Try not touching the DS between you starting the game and it showing the Nintendo logo.

If that's not the case the next most likely thing (assuming you really are calculating the IVs correctly and are giving RNG Reporter the correct time) is that you are walking after the game starts before you battle a Pokemon. Don't do that, instead save in an area and use sweet scent to start the battle the instant you start your game.

If neither of those work make sure you're doing everything correctly, CGear off, time is the actual time you said so, you're calculating IVs correctly, and that the MAC Address is correct.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another common mistake I just remembered is that if you're using a time after noon, you need to make sure it's in 24-hour time (e.g. 1:20 pm would be 13:20).

Can anyone help me out? I just tried to RNG capture a Cobalion an Black. The problem is that I hit the seed, but the Pokemon is not shiny. I have my SID 100% correct, triple checked, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.
Here's my info

Pokemon Black English
DS Lite
Parameters
C7B-C7B
60-60
6-6

56E14F17C9E3BEB3 is the seed
8/25/2012
10:29:02
X
Lead Ability synchronize

ID: 28356
SID: 18375
MAC Address: 00-21-47-51-E7-41

Starting Frame is 47 Target Frame is 116.

Can anyone help me out? I just tried to RNG capture a Cobalion an Black. The problem is that I hit the seed, but the Pokemon is not shiny. I have my SID 100% correct, triple checked, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.
Here's my info

Pokemon Black English
DS Lite
Parameters
C7B-C7B
60-60
6-6

56E14F17C9E3BEB3 is the seed
8/25/2012
10:29:02
X
Lead Ability synchronize

ID: 28356
SID: 18375
MAC Address: 00-21-47-51-E7-41

Starting Frame is 47 Target Frame is 116.
Is your IV frame 1? And, are you getting the right IVs? Also, are you advancing the PID frame the correct number of times? Make sure your Chatot has a recorded Chatter. When you deposit it into the PC, the chatter goes away.

Is your IV frame 1? And, are you getting the right IVs? Also, are you advancing the PID frame the correct number of times? Make sure your Chatot has a recorded Chatter. When you deposit it into the PC, the chatter goes away.
IV frame is 1, the chatot has a chatter, i advance the correct amount of times. I'll try again to make sure I didn't make a mistake, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be shiny.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
IV frame is 1, the chatot has a chatter, i advance the correct amount of times. I'll try again to make sure I didn't make a mistake, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be shiny.
You can check at which frame you are by listening the chatter, even if you are not able to differentiate all of them you will notice the low chatter.

Did you get the right IVs? If you only tried once then maybe you missed your timer0. I know it's kind of obvious, but I'm running out of ideas here: are you directly in front of Cobalion? If you take a step you'll advance the PID frame since there are wild Pokemon in its chamber.

Hello,i have tried to master RNG a while ago,with c-gear abuse as i have a DSiXL,i don't really get how it works,but i really want to accomplish it.If someone can help me via IRC guiding me every step of c-gear abuse( im really that hopeless C: ) It would be awesome :')

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello,i have tried to master RNG a while ago,with c-gear abuse as i have a DSiXL,i don't really get how it works,but i really want to accomplish it.If someone can help me via IRC guiding me every step of c-gear abuse( im really that hopeless C: ) It would be awesome :')
Hey dear! Good news, RNG is now possible on all consoles so you can RNG {no C-gear} I would love to help you but I won't be avilable 'till Monday, if you're up to it tough just send me a message

Good morning to everyone ! I have a problem, can I use standard seed on my flashcards (r4) ?
Ps. Sorry for my English , but I'm Italian and I don't speak English very well !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)