RU Council Challenge - Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Everyone says the ladder isn't good right now and there are people trying to change it by promoting challenges and giving status in #rarelyused. Now what's different here? Well, the winner of this challenge will get something a LITTLE DIFFERENT: a rotating RU Council spot. Also, depending on their previous work for the tier, they may get something A BIT BETTER after a longer time: a permanent council spot and a
. It's your chance to fight for recognition on Smogon and to get a spot among those who manage the tier. Do you have what it takes?

The ladder will be reset now, which means everyone will get an even chance to win the competition (well, except for current Council members, but they'll have a different task). The competition will last exactly one month, which means it ends on July 1st. When the challenge is over, I will post a screenshot of the leaderboard. The following rules will determine the winner:

• The minimum rating for members to win will be 1450. If multiple people get past this rating, highest rating wins obviously; however, there is a catch....
  • You HAVE HAVE HAVE to be active on IRC at #rarelyused AND #pokemon, and you have to be active on the forums. Activity will be monitored!

So as you can see, this position is much like the last 3 seats of the Jedi council.

Also like the Jedi council, the position is rotating. Meaning, at the end of the next month (or two, this is still tbd), the challenge will start up once again, opening the spot to another person.

The other council spots will remain permanent for now, but should this challenge be a complete success, we'll probably open more rotating spots, and bring back the Jedi council in full.

Also during the challenge, the permanent council members are required to get a rating of 1350 and keep it around there for the round.

So, with everything explained, I wanna see everyone playing and LET'S MAKE THIS WONDERFUL TIER ACTIVE AGAIN!!!

If you have any questions please post below, this is more of a project than anything, so don't expect it to be perfect lol.

This sounds like a decent idea to get the ladder back up and running again, but why are the rating thresholds different for potential winners of the challenge and current members of the council? Shouldn't it be the same in order for fairness? I don't really care either way but it seems kind of strange to me, that's all.

@ above: My guess is that it's because they've already proved themselves.

This sounds like a great idea, I wish I could participate.

I'm only curious as to how something can be rotating in the case of someone getting a permanent spot.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
@ above: My guess is that it's because they've already proved themselves.
This was the intention, however I can either bump up the council's requirement or remove the minimum for the non-council member since the point is to just get high as possible. The 1450 is more arbitrary than anything, though I'll get back to you on this.

This sounds like a great idea, I wish I could participate.

I'm only curious as to how something can be rotating in the case of someone getting a permanent spot.
I meant for this to be a last resort thing, sorry for not clarifying, since I would rather have the whole council be rotating again rather than permanent. If this doesn't work out too well, the rotating spot would close and become a permanent spot to someone, preferably to the winner of this challenge or the winner of future rounds. In the case of the spot becoming permanent, the challenge would be effectively done and the council frozen again, since I would be wary of adding more seats to the council.

What would happen to people's TC badges if we reverted back to the council-style? I'm sure some people are wondering about that...

Edit: Something like, TC Alumnus for those who were previously on the council, and only current voters have TC? That'd be a little hectic though :/

This Idea sounds awesome and I will start constructing my team today, I can tell this will be a big fight for the top spot on the RU ladder, Good luck too all!

Oglemi

Borf
What would happen to people's TC badges if we reverted back to the council-style? I'm sure some people are wondering about that...

Edit: Something like, TC Alumnus for those who were previously on the council, and only current voters have TC? That'd be a little hectic though :/
I'm just going to say: don't worry about it. If I feel someone has earned the badge at any give time I'll be sure to get it to them. Whether this be getting on the council so many times, being a perma member, or taking part in so many votes. Getting the alumnus will be harder than getting the actual badge.

Oglemi

Borf
Well, the ladder was reset, so I'm starting the challenge now, since it'd be dumb to reset the ladder again on the 1st.

The challenge will still end on July 1st! Good luck to everyone!

Oglemi, could you make a huge note in the OP about ladder cheating. I mean since this challenge is the most competitive in all the tiers atm we should really make it known that this behavior won't be tolerated.

For those taking the challenge I would highly recommend not doing it IN ANY TIER. The other PO mods and I will be regularly looking into the top ladderers battle logs and checking to see if any one is cheating. If you are caught you will have your ranking reset and likely you will be banned for a prolonged period of time. Not to mention the hit your rep will take from getting busted. DO NOT DO IT

Oglemi

Borf
Just like to remind everyone that this is still on. With the release of B2W2 around the corner, and possible DW ability releases on the way, your presence on the council could make some major changes to the tier!

Get out there and ladder guys!

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Important note to all RU Senate members: In order to retain your spots on the Senate, it is required that you reach a rating of 1350+ by the end of the RU Council Challenge (July 1). All members of the RU Senate who fail to do so may have their spots removed without warning. And just for the sake of clarification, this applies to all substitute council members as well.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow 1450 is going to be insane with all the +2 -30 battles you get near the top of the ladder. I guess I'll give it a shot

1450 o_o. I guess I can try but Its too much considering the little activity the ladder has at the moment.
Anyways, it sounds fun, I'll give it a try. Good Luck all !

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh lookiee me sitting at 1300 :p (1310 now)

if I dont make 1350 blame hax x)

But i'm actually suprised i've had as much time to ladder as i've had

Oglemi

Borf
After further review, we have decided to give Ciele the winning spot and not have a shared seat. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)