RMT COLD STEEL power

How the team was made
So when I built this team I began by thinking I want to have a defensive core for the team at the same time I did not want a “normal” defensive core so I began with Registeel.

Now a core cant be built with 1 pokemon so i needed to add in a second pokemon on this team so i figured to put in Jellicent since it checks ½ of registeel’s weaknesses and registeel counters ¾ of its weakness

Each pokemon now both have 1 weakness left to cover ground for registeel and electric for Jellicent. Gliscor fills this role perfectly and can act as kinda like a sweeper.

Time to fill in the holes. I picked a Mienshao it can be a multi-purpose pokemon to be my lead pokemon and coverage as it does not share any common weakness with any other pokemon so far on the team.

I noticed that my team didn’t exactly have a pokemon that is exactly a great sweeper so to fill in my role of sweeping I picked Haxorus. He can set up a dragon dance and start to sweep teams.

My last pokemon I choose was Spiritomb. I figured his no weakness would come to be a benefit. He could act as a staller/spinner with this un-usual set i have for him.

I then noticed my teams first flaw is i cant stop a person from setting up then ruining my team. So i decided to replace Haxorus with dragonite.

Finally I also realised Spiritomb wasn’t doing anything in my party so I took him out and put Tornadus in.

Lastly i removed dragonite since there was such a huge ice weakness and added in skarmory to phaze pokemon.

The Team:

So this is my team.

Meinshao@lifeorb

Naive
Regenarator
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Uturn
-Hi Jump Kick
-Fakeout
-HP(ICE)

Meinshao makes a pretty good lead in terms of possible options to do especially with team preivw. If your expecting a subout, but don’t see a ghost type on the team you can easily go for the hi-jumpkick to surprise any subin and ohko them or do some damage. U-turn out if you think a ghost subin will happen or just a plain old fakeout. HP Ice if for coverage moves.

Registeel@leftovers

Careful
Clear Body
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Ironhead
-Curse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Registeel is a defensive powerhouse when played right and the pokemon I built this OU team around even if he is UU. Even after just 1-2 curse unless its a supereffective move or a buffed up normal effectiveness move he will always take little to no damage any supereffective move coming can easily be predicted and the propersub-out done.

Jellicent@Leftovers

Bold
Water absorb
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
-scald
-will-o-wisp
-Recover
-Taunt

Jelli here is 1 or 2 checks for regi’s weaknesses being able to easily absorb any damage that isn’t earthquake with no need to worry of being ohkoed. Cusebody ability is more of a game of luck. If I sub him in and cursebody activates i can easily subout tot he appropriate pokemon not needing to worry about that super-effective move since 2 same type moves on a mon is not normally seen due to poor coverage.

Latias @ Leftovers
http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/380_latias_front_norm.png[IMG]
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

**new**Latias is actually a good fit on the team, tho no stealth rocks up entry hazards up she can stop some poke from setting up and wish heal any team that is low on health protecting to scout a incomming attack.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
[IMG]http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/mamoswine-f.png
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash

***New*** I liked this suggestion on my team alot, oh he can make a great revenge killer/late game sweeper and put a good hurt on people outspeeding alot of pokemon. It seems that not many seem to think a mamoswine would cray a choice band as they sub in a pokemon hoping to outspeed it but lose.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

***New*** Rotom makes a good semi wall/ wall breaker/setup breaker unless its substitute i can sub him in and use trick on a pokemon trying to set up to be a wall or sweep and ruin their plans. This paired with taunt causes some people to just struggle(literly) or rage quit.

This is my team and it still does come with some flaws in it which is why its here. Im in the dabate on wether or not Skarmory would be a better phazer for the team shareing a fire weakness and lighting weakness with both of my teanks is a good thing. So if anyone willing to rate this team can give me advice on what kind of changes i should make it be much appreciated thanks.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I got your PM. First off, welcome to Smogon! This looks like a nice team, and you seem to have tested it pretty well. For reference, all changes and new sets will be included in hide tags below the post.

Looking through your team, I'm noticing a lack of entry hazards. While not essential, entry hazards are the bane of setup sweepers, which you had trouble with before and still could now. I would suggest changing Registeel's set. The standard tank set should do nicely for moves. Meanwhile, the nature should be Impish and the Special Defense EVs should go to Defense. Even without investing in Special Defense, a Choice Specs Latios - one of OU's premier special attackers - only manages 43.95 - 52.19% with Hidden Power Fire.

Something else that your team needs is a more reliable phaser - Dragon Tail doesn't go through Substitutes. I suggest removing Dragonite for a support Latias. Latias has an awesome support movepool as well as great stats. Wish allows you to support your team (particularly Registeel, who now lacks reliable recovery) and Roar provides a reliable phazing move.
EDIT: I see you changed Dragonite to Skarmory. Never the less, this suggestion still stands.

At this point, Latias's typing conflicts somewhat with that of Tornadus and Gliscor. The team also lacks a solid answer to Dragon-types that have already set up, as they can easily KO Latias with their Dragon move of choice. I suggest introducing your team to Choice Band Mamoswine. Mamoswine packs a powerful priority move in Ice Shard, and an incredibly powerful Earthquake. Ice Shard can be used to pummel Dragons, finish off Venusaur, and pick apart weakened teams. While your team mostly lacks Special attackers, Mamoswine's sheer power is enough to overcome some physical walls.

The combination of Jellicent, Latias and Registeel gives your team a great defensive backbone. However, you are now facing a mounting Starmie problem, as Starmie can KO every member of your team in the right conditions. To combat this, I recommend replacing Gliscor with a Choice Scarf Rotom-W. Rotom-W is a great Pokemon in today's metagame, with an excellent combination of typing, ability and stats. Its moves can hit many OU Pokemon hard, and Trick stops most walls cold.

Lastly, one tiny change - Water Absorb should be Jellicent's ability. It outclasses Cursed Body in every way.
Change Registeel's set
Dragonite --> Latias
Tornadus --> Mamoswine
Gliscor --> Rotom-W
Jellicent:
- Cursed Body --> Water Absorb
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Iron Head

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

The problem isn't SpecsTios for Registeel, the problem is Heatran, which is omnypresent and you can't damage him, or wanna talk about Skarmory? He switch in your Regi, put the Spikes, and then Whirwind you! So if you want to use Regi , ok, lets find another set more useful for the metagame, otherwise, lets replace him!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Rotom-W, Mienshao, Jellicent and Mamoswine can all beat Heatran. I don't ignore a Pokemon that common when I rate, and obviously Registeel can't take a Fire Blast. That's why you have a team of six Pokemon.

The problem isn't SpecsTios for Registeel, the problem is Heatran, which is omnypresent and you can't damage him, or wanna talk about Skarmory? He switch in your Regi, put the Spikes, and then Whirwind you! So if you want to use Regi , ok, lets find another set more useful for the metagame, otherwise, lets replace him!

I agree with artic, Even my old set considered heatran and other OU pokemon. Just cuz regi isnt a OU(Meaning OVER USED no OVERPOWERD) doesnt make him weak. I learned sometimes to make a good OU team you need to lok at ALL the pokemon since they can all be potential of being OU when placed on a team properly. Anyways Artic's set is helping so far. some places Im still losing on but, that just means i need to work out the kinks abit more

Asek

Banned deucer.
You should consider fitting Stealth Rock on this team somewhere. Otherwise those DNites will find it a lot easier to abuse their multicales. Registeel is the obvious choice for this.

I have made some changes to the team above in red. I tried arctic's moveset for Regi but i ended up going back to my original moveset due to it can still survie 3 EQ from a dragonite pr Gliscor after he sets up at the same time as them setting up. I had more people DC from wifi battles using it like this then from the other(tho still good) so i returned to its original moveset. As for the latias I do like it alot with wish adding some extra healing to my team to members in need Roar is kinda a outof place move now since there is no entry hazards so all it really does is shuffle the pokemon in and out of play.

@ Asek I did consider the Entry hazard of stealth rock in, just I am going to keep my Regi the Mono attacker set since it seems to work best for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)