The Little Burrow - sandshrewz's art thread

www.smogon.com
Are you sure you like this thread?
Nah, I don't like it... I love it! Awesome art sandz! <3 Just thinking how you did it makes me shiver... Jk, love your clean style, it's just sooo... Hope you update this thread every now and then ^^

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
loads of great new stuff since my makky got posted :D
I like how eevee's doing the :3 face
you earned dat bold luvdisc
keep it up!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Simple, pleasing to look at, and cute >.< Luvdisc given :) could I request a suicune?
Thanks! :D suicune is going to be tough ~_~ I'll try to get it up by this year because I'm slow >.> 'slower on the draw' >.>

Hi Sandz, cute Eevee, keep it up!
Thank you for the 34598734895th time! haha x)

www.smogon.com
Are you sure you like this thread?
Nah, I don't like it... I love it! Awesome art sandz! <3 Just thinking how you did it makes me shiver... Jk, love your clean style, it's just sooo... Hope you update this thread every now and then ^^
Haha thanks! x) Well I'm getting more used to MS Powerpoint so the only problems are how long it takes and that I need 12093723894 shapes .-. haha. MS PPT gives that clean style though! and yeah I'm updating this thread now... haha. Thanks for your compliments! :)

loads of great new stuff since my makky got posted :D
I like how eevee's doing the :3 face
you earned dat bold luvdisc
keep it up!
:3 ! That face came about because I saw Oglemi's Eevee avy which had that :3 face so I added that :) Thanks shnen!

One of the good things about doing smog art is that I can update along with so many other people... haha. So I don't get pushed to page 2/3 or smth. And I get a useful perma link from smogon! :D

Featured RU Pokemon: Honchkrow

This was NoBlue's request to draw initially. haha. I suck at drawing regular shapes .-. This was done pretty long ago >.>

Ermmm well Honchkrow is enjoying his retirement and is in the 'golden ages' so that's where the sunset comes from >.> Also, Durant because it was a rising threat, even more than Honchkrow and eventually got banned... But it got banned after I drew this though... lol

Featured OU RMT

I did these 3 and the last one like last minute because no one was doing them ~_~ Exploding Life Orb for and Azelf lol

Choice Band Dragonite... Probably my favorite piece of all the smog art :) I did this quite quickly along with Azelf though >.> Now I know what a Choice Band looks like lol.

ChestoRest Kingdra... I wonder how do sleeping Pokemon eat their Chesto Berries lol!

Weather in the Lower Tiers

Drew this a day before the release ~_~ haha. Yea I terribly suck at drawing regular shapes so I got the default ones to work with >.> And I can't draw fire too :<

I drew like 4 pics in 3 days x.x haha. Estimate around 12-16 hours taken to draw all 6 pics. But it was worth it :) Hope you like them!~

And thanks for the MAC votes guys~~

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Awesome smog art, sandshrew! Thanks for getting them up in last min's notice along with your HTML (or GP?) work!

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Love the Honchkrow! I didn't know you did art sandz >.> but great work here

(ps: I know your request list is already piled up, but could you draw a Pikachu a Shaymin for me as well?)

edit: skipped over the pikachu you drew! so I changed the request to shaymin if you don't mind. =P

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
draw me a lucario

edit: i like ur art its rly good

its so simple but the colours are all really bright and all the rounded surfaces make everything look so cute n____________n

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Love the Honchkrow! I didn't know you did art sandz >.> but great work here

(ps: I know your request list is already piled up, but could you draw a Pikachu a Shaymin for me as well?)

edit: skipped over the pikachu you drew! so I changed the request to shaymin if you don't mind. =P
Thanks Yellow Amarillo!! Chuchu it is!! :D

draw me a lucario

edit: i like ur art its rly good

its so simple but the colours are all really bright and all the rounded surfaces make everything look so cute n____________n
lmao Poppy =.= okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

this is really great hahahaha

can I request a raikou? or a charizard?
Thanks!! :D Raikou double O sounds like a fitting name! Raikou then! :)

Can you draw me a really really really CUTE DIALGA ?

Also Sandshrewz awesome art.
waaaaaaaaa cute ubermon???? Sure!! :) Thanks barry! :D

anyway... I sprinted through my MAC entry by not shading etc etc T.T

Water-types are so not winning Electric-types... The reason why Cleffa is crying? Becuase it got frightened by Shinx's Intimidate ;_; idk why Shinxe has Intimidate though :x Well yar Mudkip is protecting Cleffa~ or supposed to at least >.>

bulbapedia said:
Mudkip is more mellow than its evolutions, but is protective of its kind and because of its powerful strength it groups up in numbers and easily overpower its foes. Mudkip has been known to be playful, especially in mud, as well. It sleeps by burying itself in soil at the water's edge. Its large tail fin propels it through water with powerful acceleration.
Mudkip / Swampert is a very protective Pokemon iirc :d anyway, I can save the Pokemon here as individual ones if anyone wants them :x

tl;dr not very happy with the piece but that's all I can do right now ;_; oh and Mudkip is great for nuzlockes lol!

Hi,
this was the first art thread i opened (i'm kinda new) and i loved it. The ditto is my favourite of them, but they're all really great.

any chance of a Phanpy and Jirachi? same image please.

keep it up!

*typing on a 3DS is really hard, I'll try to use my iPad in future

sandshrewz

POTATO
wait i love it! the pokemon are all really accurate and even if they're not all happy, they're still cute!
Accurate is something I wouldn't expect because I draw out of proportions haha x) Thanks Harsha!! :)

Hey, can I get a classy Wobbuffett? With a monocle and a tuxedo if possible? :3
Okie~~

Hi,
this was the first art thread i opened (i'm kinda new) and i loved it. The ditto is my favourite of them, but they're all really great.

any chance of a Phanpy and Jirachi? same image please.

keep it!
Welcome to Smogon!! I bet you'll enjoy the many other art threads here as well!! :) Glad that someone likes the Ditto xD and yea request noted!!

j/s the request list is long ~_~ idk when I'll be done / work on them >.> sooner or later but more of laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater haha

here's my MAC entry!! :) lol didn't draw a sandshrew because HHS already drew it and I suck at drawing sandshrew 9.9 haha

and without background

weeeee~~~~~ same pose as my avy!! who fancies a Groudon avy? xD

This stuff is awesome I love the choice band dragonite. A lot of these remind me of plushies I just wanna throw them around and play plushie soccer

Woooow! Your artwork is both cool, funny and cute! I'm so in love with it :D
I know you probably get tons of these requests every day, but I was wondering if you could make a Clefable for me with cool sunglasses? :D That would be so funny and cool at the same time :D

HellaHellaStyle

The ROCKST☆R connoisseur
is an Artist Alumnus
If you can make a Groudon look cute, then you're something special.

I didn't know that PowerPoint could be used to draw. You should totally try out Adobe Illustrator. It has a similar look, but is made for these sort of drawings.

Now I'm curious to try out PowerPoint's drawing mechanics.

Hi, i really like your'e drawing style the pokemon look cute and cool at the same time, anyway i have a request could you please draw me a cute shellder pleasssssseeeeeee

sandshrewz

POTATO
This stuff is awesome I love the choice band dragonite. A lot of these remind me of plushies I just wanna throw them around and play plushie soccer
Haha thanks xD NO PLUSHIE SOCCER!!! ahhhhhhh... No cruelty to plushies!! >.>

Woooow! Your artwork is both cool, funny and cute! I'm so in love with it :D
I know you probably get tons of these requests every day, but I was wondering if you could make a Clefable for me with cool sunglasses? :D That would be so funny and cool at the same time :D
Thanks!! :D Erm sure haha. though it'll take a long time before I get to it, sorry >.>

If you can make a Groudon look cute, then you're something special.

I didn't know that PowerPoint could be used to draw. You should totally try out Adobe Illustrator. It has a similar look, but is made for these sort of drawings.

Now I'm curious to try out PowerPoint's drawing mechanics.
OMG A HHS POST!!!!!! !_! Haha thanks HHS xD I mimic'd my own avy for Groudon :d I don't have Adobe Illustrator T.T And I think it needs a tablet, which I don't have, to work? >.> Thanks for the suggestion though haha!

You can give it a try if you have A LOT of free time >.> Because it can be quite time consuming haha. It's like drawing out many many shapes and putting them together to form an image :d You'll still prefer whatever you're using now I guarantee haha.

Hi, i really like your'e drawing style the pokemon look cute and cool at the same time, anyway i have a request could you please draw me a cute shellder pleasssssseeeeeee
Hihi! Thanks :D Shellder shouldn't be too hard~ And as what I always say~~~ >.> sorry for the wait~~

Ooh man thank U! I'll be waiting for it!

A fitting name? Of course!!!
Sorry this update contains no Raikou >.>

updating this post~~ Here is some smog art as usual!

Hitting the Lottery: BW's Big Winners

>.> imo the worst piece of the 4... Regret not drawing Espeon instead =.= the first time simplicity backfired :/ Not drawing Chansey ever again haha >.> At least that thing looked obvious it was an Eviolite right??

Introduction to Triple Battles

Didn't shade for this one because I won't be able to finish it if I did but guess the lineart turned out well :) didn't know the 3 pledges can't be used simultaneously but w/e >.>

Playing with a Loaded Dice: How to Control Luck

I tried using 2 colors to shade for this one too! :D I like this piece haha. On hindsight I didn't know Gengar has a tail >.> Oh and I finally know what Focus Blast looks like lol.

How the Heck is that NU?

Ninjask has such a complicated design @_@ It took pretty long but I was happy with the results :) It looks a bit too similar to the original art though >.> didn't dare to deviate too much in case I screw it up :d

I'll leave it as it is now!! GTG >.> updated!

That Ninjask is really something. The shading is very impressive considering you're using MS Powerpoint. The detail is great, and you've done a great job with the anatomy and the pose. You've come on in leaps and bounds Sandshrewz :) The repeated silhouettes do a good job of representing the speed that it is travelling at. If you'd have slightly altered the silhouettes so that the wings were moving slightly, and if the pose was slightly more horizontal, it would've given a super impression of the speed this thing is going at and would've turned a great piece into a superb piece.

I compliment your dedication to working in Ppt.

Your art is so crisp, and when I read that you use power point... :O The ninjask is one of my favorites, seeing how much work goes into your stuff is amazing. As far as Illustrator goes you could give the trial version a go, and can be found on the Adobe site.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Love your gengar!!!
Thanks for your dedication to this thread!! :D I love it too haha >.>

That Ninjask is really something. The shading is very impressive considering you're using MS Powerpoint. The detail is great, and you've done a great job with the anatomy and the pose. You've come on in leaps and bounds Sandshrewz :) The repeated silhouettes do a good job of representing the speed that it is travelling at. If you'd have slightly altered the silhouettes so that the wings were moving slightly, and if the pose was slightly more horizontal, it would've given a super impression of the speed this thing is going at and would've turned a great piece into a superb piece.

I compliment your dedication to working in Ppt.
I used the original art as reference :d Didn't dare to deviate too much from it as I was afraid I would screw up something so complicated @_@ But hopefully it wasn't exactly the same as the original art too :d Thanks man!! :DD Sounds like a good idea to me haha. Horizontal does make it seem faster! Well PPT is the only thing I can use xD

Your art is so crisp, and when I read that you use power point... :O The ninjask is one of my favorites, seeing how much work goes into your stuff is amazing. As far as Illustrator goes you could give the trial version a go, and can be found on the Adobe site.
Thanks!! :D I like your traditional art as well! :) PPT isn't really troubling after getting used to it I guess, although it likes to be irritating once in a while haha. iirc I did Ninjask while watching TV >.> haha. Sure I'll go download it soon-ish :)

Also, I'm working on the next MAC. :D Here's a sneak preview~~

I'll see what request I can do with this MAC as well! :D Also Steamroll apparently I was searching for a dog Pokemon and well Growlithe qualifies so you have your request done! ^_^ If you want it shiny as you said last time just say so and I can recolor it :P

edit: avy size for Steamroll or whoever wants to use it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)