B/W RMT "Chocolate Icecream Team"

I need some help with this team, it works well but sometimes its just doesn't work well at all. I like the Sand-Hail pairing, its just fun to use. My main problem is that I lack priority, and because of the type weaknesses, on a SD Scizor I am practically forced to switch, giving him +2, then it continuing to sweep my team with Bullet Punch. Also, I know I lack speed, hence the many +Speed natures on my pokemon. I am fairly new to battling, and my teams usually come out slightly above or below par, so I hope that this will help me to create better teams.

Abomasnow @Leftovers
Snow Warning
Calm
252 HP 76 DEF 180 SpDef
-Blizzard
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Protect

Practically a Sub-Seed set, with a little tweaks to survive and deal a fair amount of damage with STAB Blizzard. Sets up hail, not much else. I run the Max HP and little bit of defense to take hits somewhat nicely, but I know that this pokemon needs to be adjusted. I'm lacking a straight up "wall," so this is the best I have, even though its typing's weaknesses are atrocious. Really, the only point of this is to set up hail then survive. I want to keep on the Special spectrum, and I know there is probably a good set that will fit my team just fine. Because sandstorm teams usually have the type advantage, as well as Terrakion as a perfect counter to opposing sand teams, this thing needs to live as long as possible.

Nidoking @Life Orb
Sheer Force
Timid
252 SpAtt 252 SPD 4 HP
-Blizzard
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Bolt
-Earth Power

Abuses the 100% accuracy blizard plus Life Orb and Sheer Force boost, pairing with the Ice weaknesses nicely. Standard Nidoking, just Blizzard not Ice Beam and Jolly to assist the team's slowness. It usually does fairly well, despite being in UU, and is a nice niche to the team with both its offenses and its defenses. It can be a key player, if I switch it in at the right times. It can move fast and hit hard to take down most pokemon with Max Attacking stat and Max Speed, with coverage and ability to back it up.

Reuniclus @Life Orb
Magic Guard
252 HP 252 SpAtt 4 SpDef
Modest
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Recover

Just an over-all good weather pokemon, isn't affected by Hail or Sand, making it useful, just as standard Reuniclus. HP Fighting over Focus Blast because I know I'm going to miss. Standard Reuniclus just makes up for the lack of special attackers, and is just an overall help. This is probably my team's best check to Steel and Rock types that cripple my team, minus Scizor. Again, just a nice benefit to add to the team that helps with its weaknesses.

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Sand Stream
Relaxed
252 HP 100 Att 156 Def
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rocks

STAB fling+Iron ball=Massive Damage, Relaxed to up Fire Blast for pesky Scizors and Ferrothorns. Sets up sand and rocks with Stone Edge for powerful STAB. But, I know a different set would do a lot better. I would rather it be a defensive set so I can use it as much as I can, but other than that, it doesn't really do overly much. Maybe a Max HP Max Def with Sassy nature will do better, but I'm not sure. This set can obviously be improved on.

Landorus @Expert Belt
Sand Force
Jolly
4 HP 252 Att 252 Spd
-Smack Down
-EQ
-Outrage
-Brick Break

An expert belted Landorus, pretty much standard. It is fairly frail, and usually doesn't do much, but I don't know of a pokemon to replace it. Move set is self-explanatory, with Jolly to make better speed. I know this one is probably my second weakest link, but I do enjoy using it. I choose Smack Down over Stone Edge only to take out the Gliscors who lack Ice Fang, so I can STAB EQ them and force the switch. I've seen people run HP Ice on Landoruses, but I don't know if that could be a suitable replacement for Outrage. Although people don't usually use it, I think that for this team Outrage does well. Its job is just as a physical attacker, isn't too fast, isn't too slow, isn't too strong, isn't too weak and abuses half of the weather.

Terrakion @Life Orb
Justified
Jolly
4 Def 252 Att 252 Spd
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-x-Scissor

Standard Terrakion, abuses the sand SpDef boost, not much more to say about it. It, too, is pretty frail, I guess I don't know how to use it nicely, but it usually doesn't do much, other than being a late-game sweeper. This is probably my weakest link, it should be replaced. Maybe by Scizor, but I'm not sure, it usually acts as a late-game sweeper to out speed then CC everything.

As for edits, I think that a Scizor like this-
@Leftovers
Technician
Adamant
252 HP 216 Spd 40 Att
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
might do a good job for replacing Landorus. The only problem with that is that that will allow Heatran to destroy my team. Other than that, steel and rock counters could do well like Magnet Pull Magnezone with HP fighting. I haven't faced one, but I bet an offensive Water type like Rotom-W would easily destroy my team. Other than that, I'm not sure for solutions. All i know is that if anything should be replaced, it's Landorus and/or Terrakion. Also, my team greatly lacks priority. Mamoswine is immune to both weather, so maybe he would do well.

Im willing to replace practically all of them except the weathers and Reuniclus, so feel free to help. The sets on all but Reuniclus can change to help as well, but I would like to keep Fire Blast on T-Tar. Thank You!

-Fallot

PS- Sorry for not putting this in the RMT section, this is my first time on the Smogon Forums and I couldn't find it.

Please expand on some of your Pokémon's descriptions otherwise I would have to lock this thread. Check out the RMT Archive to see the kind of detail we are looking for.

I tried this team out, it is pretty DAMN good, I kinda thought that mamoswine would be on this team. It's a legit team, I tell you that. :P

Oh man, so much work to do. . .

First of all, tyranitar is not being used to his fullest potential with that particular moveset. You will gain much more from using crunch and leftovers due to the fact that if fling doesn't ko a pokemon weak to it, you better hope stone edge will do the trick and that you're fast enough to hit it before it recovers. He also wants a sassy nature, as most physical moves that will hit him will probably hurt him a lot anyway. Sassy gives tyranitar the ability to switch in on a variety of neutral special attacks, as his sandstorm boosted special defense is phenomenal.

Also, I suggest replacing outrage or brick break on landorus with substitute. This will give you the extra turn you need to smack down a pokemon while it attacks the substitute.

Another thing to do is that you commented that terrakion usually serves as a late game sweeper who outspends everything and kills it with close combat, so why not equip it with a choice scarf? A choice scarf will give it the ability to outspeed many more pokemon, as well as other choice scarfed pokemon. Specific examples include outspeeding one of the gold standards of rain teams, tornadus, as well as outspeeding scarf landorus and non scarfed lati@s. This is especially good because you commented that you use close combat most of the time.
Here is the set:

Terrakion
Adamant / Jolly | Choice Scarf | 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 S. Def
~Stone Edge
~Close Combat
~X-Scissor
~Earthquake / Quick Attack

Stone Edge and Close Combat are obligatory STABs, and work great together. X-Scissor is for hitting psychic types harder and more accurately than stone edge. Earthquake is the preferred choice and is mainly for hitting toxicroak, nidoking, and nidoqueen. If this is unnecessary, quick attack can be used for revenge killing faster choice scarf pokemon.

I know you said you like hp fighting on reuniclus, but the power drop is very noticeable, especially against pokemon such as tyranitar. A miss then a 1hko does the exact same thing as a 2hko, and it usually doesn't miss more than once or twice unless you have extremely bad luck. Also, reuniclus is so slow that you can't just use a move to do as much damage as possible before he dies.

There are also some problems with the RMT. First of all, on the move sets, it would be a good idea to type out the complete name of your moves instead of the abbreviations. Even though most people know what they mean, it will just look better, and if it looks better, more people will rate it. Another thing is that your team needs sprites or pictures.
If you need sprites, I suggest using this site:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

Hope this helps, and welcome to Smogon!!

I tried this team out, it is pretty DAMN good, I kinda thought that mamoswine would be on this team. It's a legit team, I tell you that. :P
Alright, do you think that instead of Terrakion a Choice Scarf Mamoswine would do well because it isn't harmed by both weathers?

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Spd 252 Att 252 Def
-Superpower
-Stone Edge
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake

Or maybe Heatran to counter Scizors?
Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid
100 HP 100 Def 252 SpAtt 56 Spd
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Dragon Pulse

As for Tyranitar, I think that a
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP 156 Def 100 Att
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rocks
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

Will do better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)