Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Their are two main Shedinja sets,
One is Endeavor priority
the other is Shell Smash (which can run either Baton Pass or Attack Order)

Rocky Helmet will stop the first set, but not the second set.

Prankster destiny bond generally takes out non-contact shedinjas unless they know I pack it. Attack order shedinja is so rare though I only saw one in 40ish battles yesterday, and it died because it used shadow sneak not attack order. Shell smash sets almost never run attack order either. If we are talking about running a specific set in order to only beat this team than surely I could just run prankster toxic orb trick...? or sand stream? What are you going to run then? Inner focus registeel?

I have encountered 1 Attack Order in 1 battle since I joined back in March. And that was on a Vespiquen. So, I have serious doubts about your claim that everyone uses Attack Order Shedinja.

Interesting...
Gyro Ball Escav.
Ill use Sturdy Shed with Hazard Whirlwind Abuse.
No more losing to silly Prankster Assist Sky Attack.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I have it on authority that that's been fixed yet, I'm not one hundred percent sure if it has been uploaded yet but either way Sky Attack Assist is either gone or on its way there.

I'm hoping for it to be gone so I can test a team that doesn't involve Shedinja

Edit: Ok, it's not just Sky Attack, it's Freeze Shock, Ice Burn and probably V-create, seriously there's a reason this attacks need a charge turn, and it's just not funny to just lose to something when there's nothing you can do to actually beat it reliably

I have an idea is possible build a level 1 team with sturdy strategy abusing? Likely a multi-fear team.

The only threat are priority moves, weather, entry hazard and ghost type.

Maybe into a Little Cup Hackmon Tier would be a better idea.

You could use foresight on ghosts.
Carry a rapid spinner + Weather changer and boom,bases covered.

For priority moves just go with this turn order:

Leech seed
Endeavor/foresight if needed then Endeavor.

I've made a freeze shock assist team based off of Nyph's sky attack team. Freeze Shock is great, it OHKOs giratina, groudon, and lugia. Snow warning kills shedinja.

I ran Huge Power TR Gyro Ball Escavalier as soon as the tier came out and loved it! It did crazy damage to Giratina and the like, but make sure you run Lum Berry for Prankster Sleep moves.
I also tried Gyro Ball Pure Power Ferrothorn but Escavalier hits a shitload harder.

I fucken love contrary Latias at the moment. Slap a soul dew on, give it V-Create/Draco Meteor/Stored Power/Recover.

I've found that Draco Meteor is an easy 2HKO on prankster heart swap groudon after it steals a v-create boost, and I wouldn't be surprised if it still died after stealing a +2 boost. I guess you can swap overheat for draco meteor if you're scared of blissey and want to wall yourself, or stored power for psycho boost and draco meteor for something else.

Contrary Latios is awesome. It's one of the only sweepers that can actually stand a chance at beating Imposter Blissey thanks to Soul Dew. I usually use Draco Meteor / Psycho Boost / Magic Coat (to avoid prankster Spore) / Recover on Contrary Latios.

Anyways, there will be a Balanced Hackmons tournament on #othermetas in 3 hours (4:00 PM GMT -5). Be there! I am planning on using a few interesting Pokemon in the tournament that are pretty much non-existant in the current BH meta.

first off all i think that all what deoxys-s is all the evs on hp and speed since with already decent bulk and blazing speed it should be able to even outspeed naive Landorus easily.I would say shadow tag since you can abuse of low speed pokemon,spore them and set up as many hazards as possible or just U-Turn out according to the situation,Taunt could also be used if you dont want pokemon to set up their hazards when they wake up or use a stat boosting move.Stealth Rocks should always be on this set since SR are really important on achieving many OHKOs or 2KOs that might even change the way the game goes.If you dont feel like running taunt since you think that u wont be needing taunt at all with spore...you can run spikes on this set to rack up more damage con the opponent's Pokemon.and u turn should be for scouting or getting out of the field if you feel that your gonna need Deoxys-S for later.
The item choice should be depending on what you want,Focus Sash if you feel like setting an extra layer of hazards after you opponent wakes up or you dont want to die to a priority move (if its a crit obv.)or you can run Lum Berry to avoid status moves and your confortable with Deoxys-S decent bulk,and also Leftovers can also be considered if you want Deoxys-S to stay up longer.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry/Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Sp.Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Spore
Stealth Rocks
U-Turn
Taunt / Spikes

AC: Magic Coat deserves a mention if you dont want to be stopped by Prankster users

Contrary Latios is awesome. It's one of the only sweepers that can actually stand a chance at beating Imposter Blissey thanks to Soul Dew. I usually use Draco Meteor / Psycho Boost / Magic Coat (to avoid prankster Spore) / Recover on Contrary Latios.

Anyways, there will be a Balanced Hackmons tournament on #othermetas in 3 hours (4:00 PM GMT -5). Be there! I am planning on using a few interesting Pokemon in the tournament that are pretty much non-existant in the current BH meta.
Tourney report, por favor? I'd love to hear about this.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol bh ladder means nothing, it bugged out a while ago (unless it recently fixed itself)

My comments on the tourney:
It was very bizarre in a lot of ways:
I knocked verb out in first round and then he left, i was using a test team, dtc was using a test team, and aldaron was using my and dtc's old teams.
Due to some crazy hax + a coupel of surprise gimmicks (*COUGH* SURF GIRA*COUGH*) i lost to aldaron first time, but tbh my new test team just dominated...
I found what may be the first contrary mon i have ever believed legitimate:
Dialga @scarf
Modest Nature
Contrary
Volt Switch
Draco Meteor
Overheat
Filler
Think scarfmoxie mence in ou, but a lot scarier. I think it 2hko's the entire tier with the correct use of dmeteor or overheat, and its speed lets it outrun essentially everything.
it is very useful for its ability to beat nonscarfed blissey 1v1.
I may edit in some more details later, but those were the only really notable things i experienced

Also i HAVE to mention that i actually got a kill with my final gambit imposter bliss vs verbatim (trolololololol)

One set that I have been having fun with:

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
Simple, Rash Nature
Shell smash
Protect
Extremespeed
Stored Power

This thing is a beast. After a shell smash, it literally OHKO's everything in the game, including Girantina. (Non-Unaware everything that is) Stored power is just insane after a shell smash, and protect allows me to scout for priority stuff.

This set absolutely NEEDS Magic bounce support. I like to use girantina myself.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I wonder how viable Arena Trap is in this metagame. Yes Shadow Tag is "superior" but Arena Trap can trap other Shadow Tag Pokemon which in my experience are becoming more and more common.

Maybe something bulky like Giratina or Lugia with U-Turn can abuse the popular Perish Trap set.

Trait: Arena Trap
Perish Song
Protect
Magic Mirror
U-Turn

The classic set, now can trap even other Shadow Tag users now. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)