The Dragons Lair (Monotype RMT) Peaked #1

Introduction
First off my ladder score was higher then 1242 i think it was like 1269, i just didn't re take the screenshot. I stayed number 1 until the ladder reset. I haven't really played mono since. Going back i made this team in an attempt to counter fire and water monos, which were threatening.​

Team building Process

I started out with haxorus, my favorite dragon because of its incredible power.

Next i went with the only viable dragon type wall there is, he can either put a hole in the enemy team or act as insurance to neutralize a sweep attempt.​

Next was salamence, hes got a versatile moveset, while having good power and enough speed to outrun a lot of scarfers.​

I decided to add hydreigon because its got a nice powerful draco meteor with pretty much as good of scarf supporting moveset as it gets, while being almost unstoppable by any ghost or psychic mono.​

Kingdras a great counter to ice monos and steel monos, its a very hard to stop sweeper.​

Finally I added latios, it's a great counter to other dragon monos. And its one of the fastest OU threats you'll see.​

Closer look

Super Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

I tend to use hydreigon as my lead, its got good destruction power as well as u-turn for prediction and getting out. Its a great weapon and its got a lot of destruction power taking out some otherwise threatening Pokemon, and some threatening monos, its great for running through psychic and ghost monos. Its great for revenge killing and does a very good job as a lead. Another good quality of it is punishes switch ins with 383 sp.attack and 140 power STAB.

Haxorus (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Brick Break
- Earthquakehttp://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff353/jenniferannpark/Pokemon/Ononokusu1.png

Haxorus is one of my favourite pokemon to use in OU. Its got insane power and very limited checks. With its choice band it doesnt need to super effect a lot of things to KO them. Despite the more common adamant personally I prefer jolly because it allows me to out speed some things it generally wouldn't while still having that great power that makes me really like it.​

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 156 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

I use dragonite because as I mentioned it's the only reasonable dragon wall, if a set up sweeping is giving me trouble d-nites thunder wave is a good insurance policy as it can take almost any shot. Its already got good defense stats plus its mutiscale abuse makes it a tough thing to kill. Dragon tail allows me to paralyze more Pokemon. Sub helps to save it from getting a status problem.

Aviator X (Salamence) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break

Salamence is great because its incredible speed helps it outrun threats, while its already good power increases every KO it gets. Salamence serves as a good revenge killer, and its moveset covers a lot of Pokemon. I use brick break over dragon claw because i tend to have troubles with rock monos and brick break helps me get out of a few jams against them.

Kingdra (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

Kingdra is my set up sweeper, with its single weakness thats only really found on dragon types 1 of the 17 types, kingdra can set up without much resistance. I prefer its chesto resto set since a lot of people will burn it and disregard its threat, and because some people will leave in something that does 40% to it or so. Sometimes it just lets kingdra get just 1 more dance but that can make a major impact, sometimes allowing it to beat the opponents full team by its self.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Energy Ball

Latios is my speedster, its got speed thats saved me from a few inevitable sweeps. Outspeeding dragonite +2 which i often have trouble stopping it from getting. Energy ball helps me out with the troublesome gastrodon and quagsire, which can be a pain in the but if haxorus croaks. Draco helps make up for its limited power by being a greatly powerful STAB move.

Conclusion
Well thats my team, don't just say "Dragon monos are for (BAN ME PLEASE)" please try and help me improve my team.

For all you people with good taste in teams ;)

Super Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
Haxorus (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 156 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
Aviator X (Salamence) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
Kingdra (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Energy Ball

Lavos

Banned deucer.
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh a dragon monotype, never seen this before

one thing i would try is varying your scarfers a little bit, you've got three of them, enough maybe? lol try sub hydreigon, ebelt latios, keep the scarf moxiemence because it's generic but good. also why are you running banded haxorus when you've got dragonite on the very next slot? do you want to get swept because you have zero priority? bad idea mate. give banded dnite a shot so you can have extremespeed and junk, then give haxorus a DD set because that shit's mad broken, or you can just leave it as band if that's what you're more comfortable with etc.

all in all i guess this is a good team because it got #1 and stuff (although idk if this was after ladder reset, either way still #1 i guess) but dude seriously...dragon spam. dragon. spam. could we please have less dragon spam teams xD oh well if it's what wins...

I expected a bulky Kingdra, now I don't have a fucking idea how do you deal with Ice-Type moves...
do my eyes deceive me, or are those hp evs on the kingdra.

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh a dragon monotype, never seen this before

one thing i would try is varying your scarfers a little bit, you've got three of them, enough maybe? lol try sub hydreigon, ebelt latios, keep the scarf moxiemence because it's generic but good. also why are you running banded haxorus when you've got dragonite on the very next slot? do you want to get swept because you have zero priority? bad idea mate. give banded dnite a shot so you can have extremespeed and junk, then give haxorus a DD set because that shit's mad broken, or you can just leave it as band if that's what you're more comfortable with etc.

all in all i guess this is a good team because it got #1 and stuff (although idk if this was after ladder reset, either way still #1 i guess) but dude seriously...dragon spam. dragon. spam. could we please have less dragon spam teams xD oh well if it's what wins...

do my eyes deceive me, or are those hp evs on the kingdra.
So i see your a dragon lover? as i mentioned in the introduction it was before the ladder reset i was dethrowned to the ladder reset, and im not sure if your much of a monotype person but the key to winning is speed, if I lost ym latios scarf other dragon monos would tear me apart, thanks for the rate anyway

I really can't see how this can win given that rain teams are big right now and everyone of them packs ice beam on a dozen pokemon and something to deal with Kingdra on their team. I halfway espect a Rapid Spin Starmie sweeps the entire team.

Just a thought if your that worried about ice mono then maybe try a kyurem over Haxorus/Hydreigon. Also a defensive latias could replace dragonite and then a banded dragonite with extremespeed could be run over haxorus. Just some thoughts i will rate later

Ice monos arent a major concern, I rarely ever see them since water fire and steel which are so common shut them down, and if I do see one I have kingdra which if i play my cards right can sweep, and 2 scarfed fire blast users, thanks for your thoughts.

Ice monos arent a major concern, I rarely ever see them since water fire and steel which are so common shut them down, and if I do see one I have kingdra which if i play my cards right can sweep, and 2 scarfed fire blast users, thanks for your thoughts.
Should be a concern, any sort of physical ice sharder wrecks that whole team, even if kingdra takes neutral and you're running speed. Need some sort of priority/change ev spreads so you can absorb those shards/get kyurem

Enough of this 'ice monotype crushes you' nonsense; if you don't have anything constructive to suggest, DO NOT POST. Next person overriding the rules will face severe consequences.

I feel that 3 scarves is excessive. I recommend a mixed bluff hydreiggon

Hydreiggon@Expert Belt
Hasty/Naive, Levitate
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-U-Turn

It's very fun.

Mono ice lol wtf.

I feel that 3 scarves is excessive. I recommend a mixed bluff hydreiggon

Hydreiggon@Expert Belt
Hasty/Naive, Levitate
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-U-Turn

It's very fun.

Mono ice lol wtf.
Alright Ill try it out thnx

I personally run dragons a lot I've even made a mono dragon team. What you need though for dragon diversity is a flygon they are all around decent plus they are ground dragon with levitate. next you can't use outrage your team will get screwed so bad by switchers it wont even be hilarious try dragon claw instead. Next I see you are multi move typing and using the same moves on moves of your dragons, that makes you easily predictable and gives you bad news bears. Next off you don't have the tankiest dragon latias its ok you dont except your full of sweepers a good tank could come in and own you sadly. That's my tidbit of information I'd love to see where this goes eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)