Reckoning Night: RMT (OU)

Reckoning Night

Well, it has been quite a while since I played competitive pokemon. I thought I'd give it another go since I now have a lot of free time on my hands with school just about over. So, I wanted to make a team revolving around Terrakion because from what I remember, he is just a total boss, and has been on all of my successful teams, so I figured why not? Now the funny part comes in. It took me a while to realize that 5 (now 4) of the 6 pokemon that I am using are from one of my old successful teams, Draconic Rebirth. After I noticed this, I decided to try out new sets on them for the element of surprise. With this in mind, I now bring you the team...
Reckoning Night!

Updates:

June 9th:
- Tyranitar given Chople Berry
- Scizor changed EV spread

June 13th:
- Heatran replaced by Latias
- Gliscor changed moveset and EV spread

@ Rock Gem
Ability: Justified
EV: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Terrakion. This is the reason I made this team in the first place. He is an amazing pokemon and just smashes through so much, it's ridiculous. I was debating between this set and a Choice Scarf set, but I decided to go for this set for surprise factor and it isn't as easily checked as the Scarf set. Substitute is used for when my opponent switches, and for scouting. It is a great move to avoid WoW and T-Wave. Swords Dance is here because I can take advantage of the free turn that I'm given with Sub. Earthquake and Stone Edge are great STAB moves that will plow through anything that doesnt resist after a Swords Dance. I am using Rock Gem because there are times where I just need that extra power with Stone Edge and Rock Gem gives me that opprotunity.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV: 112 HP, 252 SpA, 144 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W. Another amazing pokemon that can help me block threats, nerf rain teams, and keep up momentum with Volt Switch. Whenever I use Rotom-W, I wind up using Scizor along with him. They make a great pair and can beat most defensive cores wit ease. Volt Switch is here, as I said before, to keep the momentum going and also to make escapes from the likes of Latios who otherwise wall me since I am using WoW over Hidden Power. Hydro Pump is crazy powerful, and with my luck, it always misses in vital stituations. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attackers, while Pain Split is here to help me recover and deal damage at the same time when I am at low health.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EV: 84 HP, 252 Atk, 160 SpD, 12 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor. He is one of my favorite pokemon and I am glad that I am able to use a favorite that happens to be a big threat in this tier. Paired with Rotom-W, they make such a great combo. U-Turn is for quickly switching out and just like Rotom-W's Volt Switch, to keep the momentum going. Bullet Punch is a great STAB move with priority so Scizor doesn't have to worry about speed because most of the time, Scizor will mostly be using Bullet Punch. Superpower is here for demolishing Nattorei and opposing Tyranitar. Pursuit is a great move if you want to give the middle finger to Lati@s and Gengar, and proves to be very helpful in general.

@ Flying Gem
Ability: Sand Veil
EV: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Gliscor. Great physical attacker, great physical wall, and even more surprise lulzness. What more can you ask for? I love using Gliscor because, well he's just great. Swords Dance is here to boost his attack which is very necessary because the more attack, the better. Acrobatics is his main attacking move, and can start to leave dents when it's at +2 with Flying Gem. I chose Earthquake over Taunt because there will be times when I just need that secondary dual STAB move on Gliscor to hit things I cannot hit with just Acrobatics alone. And lastly, Substitute to scout and for Sand Veil trolling, the funniest trolling of all.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV: 152 HP, 176 SpA, 180 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias. With Heatran out of the picture, I now have a better counter to rain teams, less water weakness, a dragon, and just better checks to things now. I have tested Celebi as well, but I just found this set of Latias to be more effective, and also added on to the surprise factor of the team. I've never, ever, seen this set of Latias, ever. It works better than it looks, and it has saved me so many times. My only concern with it is that it takes 16% damage a turn that it attacks from LO and Sandstorm, but it's fine because of Recover. Draco is her main attack, Surf and HP Fire are there for coverage, and Recover to get back precious health.

@ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EV: 252 HP, 64 SpA, 192 SpD
Nature: Sassy
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar. This was surprisingly my last member that I chose. I originally opted for SpDefensive Jirachi because I needed something to tank those Dracos as well as set up rocks. But after taking the time to realize that my team would benefit from the sand, I decided to turn this into a Sand Team and slapped Tyranitar in the last slot. Stealth Rock because all teams that can set up entry hazard always get the upper hand. Crunch is Tyranitars STAB move, and it is also nice to bluff Pursuit for Lati@s when I can just go for Crunch for the guaranteed kill. Fire Blast, again, for the pesky steel types that always block my teams path. Ice Beam is here to kill Landorus, opposing Gliscor, and most importantly, dragons.

Conclusion:

In closing, I don't have much to say except that the only thing that bothers me is that I don't have a spinner nor a dragon type. They are not big issues, but if someone can effectively find a spot on the team that would serve to have more pros than cons, then please share your ideas. Thanks.

Wow your team and mine are exactly alike other then a few moves finally somebody else who uses Flamecharge Tran. Just a few things to consider have you tried putting more speed evs into Gliscor i like being able outspeed Lucario and kill it with an earthquake.

Also another thing to maybe try out is Low Kick over Ice Beam on T-tar i love it for incoming Heatran.

Hey, nice team. One or two things I would like to suggest.
First of all, make your Scizor a bit more specially bulky. Having a more SDef-Spread allows Scizor to check things like Gengar or Reuniclus a lot better, both are big threats for your team.

Second, give your Ttar a Chople Berry. Chople again helps against the likes of Reun and Gar if Scizor should fail. It also helps against the pesky Tornadus which can do a lot of damage to your team.

Wow your team and mine are exactly alike other then a few moves finally somebody else who uses Flamecharge Tran. Just a few things to consider have you tried putting more speed evs into Gliscor i like being able outspeed Lucario and kill it with an earthquake.

Also another thing to maybe try out is Low Kick over Ice Beam on T-tar i love it for incoming Heatran.
More speed EVs for Gliscor, huh? The problem is if Gliscor is Impish with 252 Spe, it would be unable to outspeed Lucario with Jolly and 252 Spe. Then, that would mean I would have to resort to Jolly and 216 Spe and it would lose a lot of bulk. But it seems interesting, I'll test it out.

As for Low Kick>Ice Beam on TTar, I'd rather have Ice Beam because I have both Terrakion and Scizor to use Close Combat and Superpower respectively and also Heatran isn't that big of a threat for me. Landorus has proved to be hard to counter, which is why I am using Ice Beam to catch it off guard. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Hey, nice team. One or two things I would like to suggest.
First of all, make your Scizor a bit more specially bulky. Having a more SDef-Spread allows Scizor to check things like Gengar or Reuniclus a lot better, both are big threats for your team.

Second, give your Ttar a Chople Berry. Chople again helps against the likes of Reun and Gar if Scizor should fail. It also helps against the pesky Tornadus which can do a lot of damage to your team.
You make a good point. How about 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD for Scizor then?

Chople seems like a good alternative since Focus Blast is getting annoying. Will do.

I like the heatran with flame charge. What about magma storm in place of fireblast? You can trap pokemon with it and then set up your speed with flame charge

Your team is really weak to Rain teams. Switching out Heatran seems to be the only mon that can go, as well as taking a water weakness away.

I like the heatran with flame charge. What about magma storm in place of fireblast? You can trap pokemon with it and then set up your speed with flame charge
While I like the ability to trap as well as the extra damage every turn with Magma Storm, the accuracy is its only letdown. I prefer to stick with Fire Blast because that one miss that I will have is going to change the entire game around.

Your team is really weak to Rain teams. Switching out Heatran seems to be the only mon that can go, as well as taking a water weakness away.
Yes, I've noticed. Should I throw a Latios on here in place of Heatran? I've been thinking of Latios, but I'm not sure if I should go Specs, Scarf, or Life Orb.

this team i find, is one of the most unoriginal teams I've seen. not that it's bad. But I mean, you're using a lot of Pokemon people have but they're together. I like this. Only reason why I think it's not original is because of the Pokemon. Don't take it seriously though.

Anyway, Latios with scarf of specs is a good idea. Let it have HP fire/ice/trick, dragon pulse/draco meteor, surf and psyshock.The first one you see is my recommended ones. You can also use latias too for a wall but I don't think your team really needs it.

Hello.

It has been stated before for good reason that this team is weak to rain teams.

I believe that heatran is the weak link on this team, due to the fact that you already have a stealth rock supporter as well as a cleaner/sweeper. Another bad part about him is that he just compounds your water weakness on top of the redundancy. I suggest replacing him with virizion or latias, two dedicated rain checks.
Here are the sets for both:

Here is Latias's.

Latias
Timid | 248 Speed, 252 HP, 8 Sp. Def | Leftovers
~Dragon Pulse
~Hidden Power Fire / Surf / Thunderbolt / Roar
~Calm Mind
~Recover

This set is a simple calm mind set. Dragon Pulse is obligatory STAB, earning it the first slot. The second slot is very contested. Hidden Power Fire can be used to sweep in sandstorm or sun, and is very handy due to the fact that scizor and ferrothorn are annoying. Surf can be used to take advantage of the rain, as well as hitting heatran hard. Thunderbolt can be used if you wish to hit rain most rain abusers (Politoed, Tornadus, Tentacruel, Skarmory in rain stall)super effectively. Roar can be used for a phazing move, and is great to use if you want to win calm mind wars. Latias is also a great sun check, and may be used in place of heatran if you find yourself incapable of dealing with sun. 248 evs are for outspeeding unboosted base 108s. 252 HP evs are there for a good mix of physical and special bulk. The rest are put into special defense.

Now for Virizion's set.

Jolly | 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP | Leftovers
~Leaf Blade
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~Swords Dance

This set trades slow set-up for immediate power whilst retaining the capability of steamrolling rain teams with these moves. Leaf Blade is for powerful STAB and is one of the things that makes him a great rain check. Close Combat is for more STAB, and is for high power as well as to hit stuff that resists leaf blade. Stone Edge is there because it gets great coverage on the flying types that can be found on rain teams. (Dragonite, Tornadus) Swords Dance is there so he can start eliminating rain abusers with these powerful moves.

These pokemon are both good at checking many of the threats on rain teams, and will be very helpful in combatting the many threats that come with eternal downpour.

There are also a few minor changes I would make with these pokemon. First of all, tyranitar needs a chople berry. Due to the fact that each of those rain checks has trouble with rain abusing tornadus, tyranitar can be used as a great check with chople berry, as sandstorm turns hurricane's gale force winds into a light breeze when they are bouncing off of tyranitar;s rocky exterior, and chople berry will help him tank the focus blast if tornadus does not use choice specs.

Second, if you are worried about tanking strong physical and special hits from dragons, you can move those scizor's HP evs to either defense or special defense.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!

Asek

Banned deucer.
For Scizors EV's....
84HP/252Atk/160SpDef/12Spd
Exactly even bulk is achieved with this EV spread. 12 Spd has in my team always let me outspeed other Scizor although it takes away from the HP. 252 Atk still for max hitting power.
Also your team seems very weak to Powerful Water/Grass Attakers. Although the above suggestions of Latias and Virizion are both very good suggestions you may also want to considser adding your standard Utility Jellicent to patch up these problems. The bonuses Jellicent has over the other two are his spinblocking capabilities and he acts as a strong defensive pivot throughout the match.
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
Trait: Water Absorb
248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 Spd
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Taunt
Stops Various Threats to your team from doing their job, most notably Starmie. The basic idea is to switch in on a predicted water move, taunt the switch in and then do what Jellicent does best, spreading status and misery around the opposing team. Taunt stops setup sweepers from getting too powerful such as Reuniclus and Conkelldurr. For sweepers that hate status you can utilize Scald for physical and Toxic for Special attackers. Recover is here for reasons that dont need to be explained. Another usefull niche that jellicent has on your team is keeping the hazards up, something every team likes.
Hope I helped

Celebi would be a pratical choice. For one you don't need to tank water types as Rotom-W can do that if need be as well for hurricanes. You need something for Electric types. Also it absorbs status and scalds.

I won't provide a set as that makes players lazy.. Do note that recover would be nice for multiple switch ins to this.

Hello.

It has been stated before for good reason that this team is weak to rain teams.

I believe that heatran is the weak link on this team, due to the fact that you already have a stealth rock supporter as well as a cleaner/sweeper. Another bad part about him is that he just compounds your water weakness on top of the redundancy. I suggest replacing him with virizion or latias, two dedicated rain checks.
Here are the sets for both:

Here is Latias's.

Latias
Timid | 248 Speed, 252 HP, 8 Sp. Def | Leftovers
~Dragon Pulse
~Hidden Power Fire / Surf / Thunderbolt / Roar
~Calm Mind
~Recover

This set is a simple calm mind set. Dragon Pulse is obligatory STAB, earning it the first slot. The second slot is very contested. Hidden Power Fire can be used to sweep in sandstorm or sun, and is very handy due to the fact that scizor and ferrothorn are annoying. Surf can be used to take advantage of the rain, as well as hitting heatran hard. Thunderbolt can be used if you wish to hit rain most rain abusers (Politoed, Tornadus, Tentacruel, Skarmory in rain stall)super effectively. Roar can be used for a phazing move, and is great to use if you want to win calm mind wars. Latias is also a great sun check, and may be used in place of heatran if you find yourself incapable of dealing with sun. 248 evs are for outspeeding unboosted base 108s. 252 HP evs are there for a good mix of physical and special bulk. The rest are put into special defense.

Now for Virizion's set.

Jolly | 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP | Leftovers
~Leaf Blade
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~Swords Dance

This set trades slow set-up for immediate power whilst retaining the capability of steamrolling rain teams with these moves. Leaf Blade is for powerful STAB and is one of the things that makes him a great rain check. Close Combat is for more STAB, and is for high power as well as to hit stuff that resists leaf blade. Stone Edge is there because it gets great coverage on the flying types that can be found on rain teams. (Dragonite, Tornadus) Swords Dance is there so he can start eliminating rain abusers with these powerful moves.

These pokemon are both good at checking many of the threats on rain teams, and will be very helpful in combatting the many threats that come with eternal downpour.

There are also a few minor changes I would make with these pokemon. First of all, tyranitar needs a chople berry. Due to the fact that each of those rain checks has trouble with rain abusing tornadus, tyranitar can be used as a great check with chople berry, as sandstorm turns hurricane's gale force winds into a light breeze when they are bouncing off of tyranitar;s rocky exterior, and chople berry will help him tank the focus blast if tornadus does not use choice specs.

Second, if you are worried about tanking strong physical and special hits from dragons, you can move those scizor's HP evs to either defense or special defense.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!
Latias seems like a great choice, and right now I'm tied between Latias and Celebi. I think my physical attacking crew is good, so I probably need an extra special attacker now since Heatran is going. Also, 3 SD'ers just seems kinda funky lol. I also feel that I need just a powerful Thunderbolt coming from someone to stop bulky waters like Tentacruel and Jellicent. I am thinking of changing Volt Switch to Thunderbolt if I really have to, but that is why I was thinking of Latios instead of Latias in the first place. Though, now here comes Celebi providing several resistances as well and also nice special attacking power.

For Scizors EV's....
84HP/252Atk/160SpDef/12Spd
Exactly even bulk is achieved with this EV spread. 12 Spd has in my team always let me outspeed other Scizor although it takes away from the HP. 252 Atk still for max hitting power.
Also your team seems very weak to Powerful Water/Grass Attakers. Although the above suggestions of Latias and Virizion are both very good suggestions you may also want to considser adding your standard Utility Jellicent to patch up these problems. The bonuses Jellicent has over the other two are his spinblocking capabilities and he acts as a strong defensive pivot throughout the match.
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
Trait: Water Absorb
248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 Spd
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Taunt
Stops Various Threats to your team from doing their job, most notably Starmie. The basic idea is to switch in on a predicted water move, taunt the switch in and then do what Jellicent does best, spreading status and misery around the opposing team. Taunt stops setup sweepers from getting too powerful such as Reuniclus and Conkelldurr. For sweepers that hate status you can utilize Scald for physical and Toxic for Special attackers. Recover is here for reasons that dont need to be explained. Another usefull niche that jellicent has on your team is keeping the hazards up, something every team likes.
Hope I helped
I like the idea of the bulky water, but that's what I have Rotom-W for. While another one would be nice, TBolts are going to hurt the Jellicent since your spread is physically defensive. As I stated above, I'm really tied between Lati@s and Celebi just for the resistances and damage output that they help me with. Jellicent just doesn't seem too appealing to me, but thanks for the thought.

Yes Heatran should be replaced, Although Jellicent is a good option and is worth testing, I think you would benefit more from using Starmie or Tentacruel. These two options provide easy switch ins to Politoed as they are not weak to Toxic like Jellicent is, and they even provide further support in the form of Rapid Spin which is helpful for any kind of team.

The starmie should be:

@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid 252 SpA 252 Speed 4 SpD
-Surf/ Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt/Thunder
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
Thunderbolt hits Politoed but you could use Thunder because it will be 100% accurate against Politoed in rain and is going to be a much more Powerful option. Surf or Hydro Pump depends on your preference, if you want this to be a late game sweeper then Hydro Pump would be a more effective choice because of its excellent power. Recover and Leftovers increase the survivability of Starmie which will make Starmie a better counter to rain.

Or if you prefer tentacruel:

@ Leftovers
Rain Dish
Bold 240 HP 252 Def 16 Spe
-Scald
-Rapid Spin
-Protect/Substitute
-Toxic Spikes/Toxic
Standard tentacruel but you could turn into the sub-toxic set which would be helpful for you to take down politoed. Seeing as this will be a rain counter, toxic spikes might not be as helpful because of other tentacruels, but again its personal choice

Personally for your team I would choose Starmie, but in my opinion Jellicent, Starmie, and Tentacruel are all worht a spin (lol) in your team.

Anyway I hope you try out my suggestions, good luck!
A spinner seems like a great choice for my team, and I have thought of Starmie, but I just dont like the idea of both Rotom-W and Starmie on the same team. Starmie does provdie the speed needed for this team, but I personally think Rotom-W just carries the job out better.

Celebi would be a pratical choice. For one you don't need to tank water types as Rotom-W can do that if need be as well for hurricanes. You need something for Electric types. Also it absorbs status and scalds.

I won't provide a set as that makes players lazy.. Do note that recover would be nice for multiple switch ins to this.
Turning back to Lati@s vs. Celebi here, I am actually thinking of Virizion now again, but what about an offensive CM set rather than SD? It can counter both rain teams and Ferrothorn/Jellicent effectively. Though, that would mean I would have two of the same types on the team (Terrakion and Virizion) which I am really not a fan of, and which is why I would rather not use Jellicent/Tentacruel/Starmie unless I find it to be completely necessary.

lol yes im annoyed that I didnt notice that. Celebi would be a great addition adding a further Ground resistance, Fight Resistance, Electric Resistance, and Water Resistance. You are weak to Rotom-W and Celebi would change this, Celebi also provides a good switch in to Politoed although Ice beam certainly would hurt. In my opinion the two options are available;

You Could go Offensive and use the Nasty Plot set:

@Leftovers Natural Cure
Modest 220 HP 252 SpA 36 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Fire
-Earth Power
This set provides a good check to Politoed as it will always be able to switch in. The moveset means you can hurt many annoying walls such as Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Tentacruel, and Heatran. HP ice is also an option but I dont see Dragonite being to much of a Problem with Terrakion, Gliscor, and TTar.

The Other set that could be helpful is Perish Song:

@Leftovers Natural Cure
Calm 252 HP 224 SpD 32 Spe
-Giga Drain
-Recover
-Perish Song
-U-turn
This moveset provides an even greater switch in to Politoed as it has alot more specially defensive bulk. Celebi can easily take on the likes of Starmie with Recover, and Perish song allows you to beat gay Baton Pass teams, and Bulky sweepers such as Calm mind Latias. The last slot allows you to hit switch ins and gain the switch initiative, this is particularly useful with perish song because it makes Celebi's ability to force pokes out even greater

Well thats it, you no longer have problems with Rotom-W.
Everything else that I had to say was stated above, and I would waste my time just typing again, so read above for your feedback lol. As I read through everything more, I am now feeling like it's more of Lati@s vs. Virizion now rather than Celebi because Celebi gets cremated by so many things like Ice Beam, Pursuit, and all that stuff.

Thanks for the rates everyone!

How about trying a Shaymin

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Evs 200 HP 232 SPATK 76 Speed

~ Seed Flare
~ EarthPower/Air Slash
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Rest

How about trying a Shaymin

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Evs 200 HP 232 SPATK 76 Speed

~ Seed Flare
~ EarthPower/Air Slash
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Rest
Shaymin would surely give my team the originality it needs lol. I'm just not positive on your given moveset. I might just go 4/252/252 Timid w/ Life Orb because Shaymin cant afford to be outsped and killed by something like Heatran. I'm going to be testing out all of these suggestions once I get PO working on my computer again.

Please dont go with Virizion, although it can take anything from Politoed, rain teams find it easy to play around and Virizion hates being poisoned, personally I do use Virizion but it has the team support that you lack. I dont think Virizion would be a good addition so if needs be try out Latias but I still suggest you try the Celebi sets out just to see which works better, that is the best way to find out which poke you should choose.
Seems reasonable. Back to Latias vs Celebi then lol. I just never had the luck whenever I tried out Celebi and even Jirachi (I have not tried Celebi yet in this team yet, but I am just saying in general), so I just tend to not use the pokemon that dont give me good results, but I will Celebi another shot. I am planning on trying the Offensive NP set. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, how would Life Orb > Leftovers work for Offensive Celebi? Seems better than Leftovers because of the Giga Drain recovery. And should I change Rotom-W to a Scarf set because my team lacks speed and I now have Celebi to tank for rain teams.

I used to run life orb but the sandstorm + life orb really takes its toll. Personal preference really, which is why I put leftovers in my rate. I would definitly recommend leftovers as it will be helpful seeing as you are going to be taking hits from rotom, but Its your team so do whatever.
Oh wow, I completely forgot about the Sandstorm.

Then what's your opinion on the Rotom-W situation as I stated in my last post?

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey Yousername,

Your team looks very weak to Rain teams, as well as Sun teams if they run Dugtrio, as it can trap your Heatran and/or Tyranitar. To fix this, you could consider using Latias instead of Heatran. Latias still provides you with a reliable Sun check, but it also counters Rotom-W and can take most Water-type attacks, while dishing hard hits. Here's the set:

Latias@Life Orb | Levitate
Modest Nature | 152 HP / 176 SpA / 180 Spe
Draco Meteor / Surf / Recover / Hidden Power Fire

I think you should also consider using Acrobat Gliscor over your current set, because it doesn't slow down the momentum of your team, and it works well along Terrakion because they share common counters, which means they can help each other to get a sweep. It also helps you more against Volturn teams, as Rotom-W struggles to hit Gliscor with Hydro Pump due to Sand Veil.

Gliscor@Flying Gem | Sand Veil
Adamant Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Substitute / Acrobatics / Earthquake / Swords Dance

GL!

What about a special landorous that runs Earthpower, HP of choice, Grass knot and Calm mind? It has 115 SpAtk, 101 Spd, and sandforce to benefit from the sand a little. Also, it has grass knot to destroy rain team's water types. Calm mind would help strengthen it specially. Also, it is totally original. The only problem with it is that it's typing stacks with Gliscor.

Team updated! Sorry for the inactivity, I have been busy, but I had to time to take in all the suggestions and picked out my personal favorite and threw them on the team.

Hey Yousername,

Your team looks very weak to Rain teams, as well as Sun teams if they run Dugtrio, as it can trap your Heatran and/or Tyranitar. To fix this, you could consider using Latias instead of Heatran. Latias still provides you with a reliable Sun check, but it also counters Rotom-W and can take most Water-type attacks, while dishing hard hits. Here's the set:

Latias@Life Orb | Levitate
Modest Nature | 152 HP / 176 SpA / 180 Spe
Draco Meteor / Surf / Recover / Hidden Power Fire

I think you should also consider using Acrobat Gliscor over your current set, because it doesn't slow down the momentum of your team, and it works well along Terrakion because they share common counters, which means they can help each other to get a sweep. It also helps you more against Volturn teams, as Rotom-W struggles to hit Gliscor with Hydro Pump due to Sand Veil.

Gliscor@Flying Gem | Sand Veil
Adamant Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Substitute / Acrobatics / Earthquake / Swords Dance

GL!
That Latias spread is an amazing help. That is just what I needed for this team. Also, I am using that Gliscor spread,and while it is effective, i just still miss that reliable bulk and effective healing method. i'll probably be back on forth with the Gliscor sets. Thanks for the suggestions!

What about a special landorous that runs Earthpower, HP of choice, Grass knot and Calm mind? It has 115 SpAtk, 101 Spd, and sandforce to benefit from the sand a little. Also, it has grass knot to destroy rain team's water types. Calm mind would help strengthen it specially. Also, it is totally original. The only problem with it is that it's typing stacks with Gliscor.
I am being completely serious, that sounds like an awesome idea lol. Though, as you said yourself, it will stack along with Gliscor, and also since I have no spinner it will get annoying with Landorus. I am definitely trying that set out in my next team though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)