Deoxys' Gang

Hello Smogon friends! Im Dusknight. This is my first RMT in Smogon, I hope you can understand my english, I'm original from Central America and I speak spanish. Hope you like my team and hope you understand me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team

At Glance
@

Trait: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Swords Dance = Extreme Killer set needs this move to be the best Late Game Cleaner of the game. This move along LO gives me insane power.
~ Shadow Claw = I need Shadow Claw to hit Ghost Types that ExtremeSpeed can't, and gives me some good neutral coverage.
~ ExtremeSpeed = My STAB move. This move is what makes Arceus so formidable, one of this can OHKO the majority of the uber Metagame after a single boost or two.
~ Earthquake = Steel types resist Shadow Claw and ExtremeSpeed coverage, that's why im running EQ on this set. This three moves gives me excelent coverage. But, i have a problem in this slot, im planning to replace it for Brick Break to hit Ferrothorn and destroy Dual Screens. What do you think Smogon people?

¿Why I'm carrying this Pokémon?

Because is the best Late Game Cleaner of the game, have insane attack, respectable bulkness and decent Spd Stat, all this combined with SD and ExtremeSpeed allows me to get past weakened teams. And more, ExtremeSpeed lets me Revenge Kill top dangerous threats, like CM boosted Mewtwo and LO Deoxys-A.

@

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~ Draco Meteor = I think Choice Specs Dialga's Draco Meteor is one of the most powerfull moves in Uber. It makes insane damage to all but Chansey and Blissey.
~ Dragon Pulse = Im running Dragon Pulse as my second STAB move because i can keep hitting harder with it without lower my SpA with Draco Meteor.
~ Thunderbolt = Im running Thunderbolt over Thunder because im running Sun and not Rain. This allows me to hit Kyogre with a bit more power.
~ Fire Blast = A Fire move is needed to not being Walled by Steel types, specially on a Dragon type, also, a Sun boosted Fire Blast combined with Specs hits very hard.

I'm running Dialga because his Specs Version can cause a lot of calamities thanks to the insane power of Draco Meteor and Dialga high base of SpA. Also, i think it allows me to check/revenge kill SD Arceus if Groudon is already dead. Other reasons why i picked Dialga is because it destroy Giratina and Giratina-O easily, without him, they would be troublesome; and because his Steel typing gives him neutrality to Dragon type moves attacks, the most commons in Uber tier.

@

Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
~ Stealth Rock = Probably one the most useful moves in the game. Thanks to it I can break Sashes, destroy Ho-Oh, and other troublesome flying types, like Lugia, and some Rayquaza.
~ Earthquake = My Stab move. Groudon high base attack stat allows him to destroy some thinks with EQ, even without EVs in Atk stat.
~ Dragon Claw = I use it over Stone Edge and Overheat because I can make more damage to Dragon Types on the switch, like Palkia and Giratina-O. Also make considerable damage to boosted Garchomp and Rayquaza.
~ Roar = This awesome move helps me against Pshychical boosters like SD Garchomp, Dragon Dance Rayquaza, Substitute+Hone Claws Zekrom and the most important, SD Arceus.

Unlike other Pshychical Walls like Giratina or Lugia, Groudon can check the majority of Uber Top Pshychical Threats, including Zekrom, DD Rayquaza, SD Garchomp, Bulk Up Dialga, and some other more. Groudon can do that thanks to his awesome Psychical Bulk and his acces to Roar. Thanks to Roar, no Psychical booster can set up on he. The last reason I'm carrying Groudon is because it can set up SR to support my team.

(F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Def / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef,-Atk)
~ Softboiled = Chansey need a reliable recovery move to hold on on battle.
~ Wish = None of my Sweepers have reliable recovery (Deoxys-A doesn't needs it, though) and Wish comes in scene for that. I use it principally on Groudon, Dialga and Arceus when they are really weak.
~ Toxic = Toxic is the move that all Chansey's should carry. Toxic destroy much Pokémon in Uber (Lacking Refresh), like Lugia, Palkia, Kyogre, some variants of CM Arceus, Ho-Oh on the switch, Groudon on the switch and much more.
~ Seismic Toss = Seismic Toss compensates her poor offensive stats. Along Toxic, the two can get rid of much sweepers fastly.

Because Chansey counter or at least checks the majority of Uber Threats. Why? Because its awesome base stats of HP and SpD (250/105). But not only that, Chansey gives Wish Support to my team and make it more durable, and I have more chance to get one or two boost with Arceus.

(F) @

Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~ Reflect = This move grants me a bit more of Defense during 8 turns, enough to boost Arceus one or two times.
~ Light Screen = It does the same Reflect does, but this increases Special Defense, not Defense.
~ Roost = I run Roost on Xatu to make it more durable, that allows him to set up Dual Screens multiple times. Also, for example, it allows me to outstall Defensive Groudon's Stone Edge.
~ Night Shade = Night Shade does the same that Chansey's Seismic Toss, doesn't need much explanation.

Because Stall is troublesome and Forretress doesn't convince as a Spiner because its Walled by Giratina, instead Xatu, can bounce all the hazards of the majority of Spikers, SRockers an Toxic Spikers, like Skarmory, Forretres, Groudon and Ferrothorn. Unfortunately, Xatu can't bounce Dialga's and Tyranitar's SR though.

@

EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
~ Thunderbolt / ExtremeSpeed = I use Thunderbolt only to hit Kyogre, but ExtremeSpeed is really useful to destroy weakened Arceus, Which shoul i use Smogon people?
~ Hidden Power [Fire] / Fire Punch = I'm running Hidden Power Fire to destroy Forretress and Ferrothorn, but i use Fire Punch to keep 31 IVs in my Spd Stat, but Fire Punch doesn't hits to hard as Hidden Power hits, Which one should I choose?
~ Psycho Boost = Psyco Boost is the most important move in this set. It reaches unveliable power equiped with a LO and can OHKO or 2HKO even the most Defensive Pokémon.
~ Superpower = Superpower is primary for not being walled by Chansey or Blissey, but anyways, it gives me perfect neutral coverage.

I have Deoyxs-A because i consider he the best Mixed Sweeper in the tier. A single move can OHKO every Pokémon in Uber with a bit of prediciton. Also, is one the fastest Pokémon and outspeed Scarf equiped Pokémon with neutral natured +1 base 90.

Importable

Arceus @ Life Orb Trait: Multitype
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
Dialga @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
Groudon @ Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roar
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Def / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
Xatu (F) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Roost
- Night Shade
Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower

This is a fairly good team!

One little nitpick, and I'll probably have more suggestions later, but Draco Meteor hits Kyogre harder than T-Bolt.

I would suggest that you use shadow ball over thunderbolt in deoxys-a's set as mewtwo is far more common than those pokes who are hit harder by thunderbolt(are there any?). Psycho boost outdamages x2 super effective thunderbolt.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey there Dusknight! Very interesting team and nice format. Using Deoxys-A to soften the foe's team in order to sweep with Extreme Killer is a very good strategy, props for that. I do have a few suggestions.

Firstly, you are awfully Kyogre weak. Nothing on your team can take a Water Spout, bar Dialga which is easily 2HKOed by Choice Scarf Kyogre. Therefore, I suggested replacing Dialga with Choice Scarf Palkia:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Now you have yourself the best offensive switch-in to Kyogre. Full powered, rain-boosted Water Spout from Modest 252 SpA Kyogre only tops at 35.59%, unlike your Dialga which has a good chance of being 2HKOed with Stealth Rock damage. And yes, you have Thunder there, because the only time you are likely to use it is against Kyogre, which brings rain up anyway. Spacial Rend and Draco Meteor seem redundant, but Draco Meteor allows you to swiftly OHKO Darkrai. This is optional, but you can use Outrage with a Hasty nature over it, or maybe even Power Gem to get past Ho-oh, as Deoxys-A outspeeds and OHKOes Darkrai with ease.

Your Deoxys-A EV spread is inefficient. You are not outspeeding anything important with max Speed bar Modest Flame Charge Reshiram, which is taken out by Chansey. Thus, I suggest changing its EV spread and nature to 12 Attack / 252 SpA / 244 Spe, Rash nature. By doing this you outspeed Mewtwo by a few points and get to hit as hard as possible without lowering your Attack stat. Its moveset also seems inefficient to me. You are wasting a moveslot for Fire Punch or Hidden Power Fire when you easily defeat Ferrothorn and Forretress with Xatu. Therefore, I suggest changing it to Ice Beam. Doing so will allow you to easily OHKO Mixed Giratina-O with Stealth Rock and without lowering your Special Attack. In addition, keep ExtremeSpeed. It's very useful to beat faster Pokemon such as a weakened Choice Scarf Palkia or Kyogre with a priority move. You also have Palkia now to take care of Kyogre, so Thudnerbolt is unneeded.

I don't really see what are you trying to do with Chansey's EV spread. You are not going to Speed creep everything, so it seems very redundant to me. Just run the standard spread of 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD. You should also consider Toxic > Night Shade on Xatu, so you can catch switch-ins like Ho-oh and Kyogre and wear them off. These are optional changes, of course.

• Choice Scarf Palkia > Choice Specs Dialga
  • 12 Attack / 252 SpA / 244 Spe, Rash nature on Deoxys-A
  • Ice Beam > HP Fire/Fire Punch on Deoxys-A
  • ExtremeSpeed > Thunderbolt on Deoxys-A
  • Optional changes:
    • 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD on Chansey
    • Toxic > Night Shade on Xatu

Good Luck!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey Dusknight,

I think you should just run 252 Hp / 252+ SpDef Chansey to avoid Chansey being KOed by Kyogre, which you are really weak to, (and it also helps a lot with stuff like Specs Palkia under the rain). With this change you don't need Palkia really, as the only somewhat threatening Kyogre when running 252/252+ Chansey is Modest Specs Kyogre, and it's usually too slow to be really threatening for you, as most members of your team can land a hit before Kyogre, making Water Spout weaker.

I'm not an expert uber battler (I only play esporadically), but it seems that Deoxys-A is out of place in your team. In general, all your team is centered on dishing hard hits while being able to take some hits back on the process, but Deoxys-A is extremely frail and it's very difficult to switch in. Because of that, I think you should use Swords Dance Rayquaza as your wallbreaker instead, as it can still destroy most defensive pokemon while being able to tank a hit (unlike Deoxys-A) and foremost, it's a great partner for Arceus, as they both have similar counters. Here's the set:

Rayquaza@Life Orb | Air Lock
Adamant Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance / ExtremeSpeed / Dragon Claw / Overheat

Good luck!

Hey there Dusknight! Very interesting team and nice format. Using Deoxys-A to soften the foe's team in order to sweep with Extreme Killer is a very good strategy, props for that. I do have a few suggestions.

Firstly, you are awfully Kyogre weak. Nothing on your team can take a Water Spout, bar Dialga which is easily 2HKOed by Choice Scarf Kyogre. Therefore, I suggested replacing Dialga with Choice Scarf Palkia:

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Now you have yourself the best offensive switch-in to Kyogre. Full powered, rain-boosted Water Spout from Modest 252 SpA Kyogre only tops at 35.59%, unlike your Dialga which has a good chance of being 2HKOed with Stealth Rock damage. And yes, you have Thunder there, because the only time you are likely to use it is against Kyogre, which brings rain up anyway. Spacial Rend and Draco Meteor seem redundant, but Draco Meteor allows you to swiftly OHKO Darkrai. This is optional, but you can use Outrage with a Hasty nature over it, or maybe even Power Gem to get past Ho-oh, as Deoxys-A outspeeds and OHKOes Darkrai with ease.

Your Deoxys-A EV spread is inefficient. You are not outspeeding anything important with max Speed bar Modest Flame Charge Reshiram, which is taken out by Chansey. Thus, I suggest changing its EV spread and nature to 12 Attack / 252 SpA / 244 Spe, Rash nature. By doing this you outspeed Mewtwo by a few points and get to hit as hard as possible without lowering your Attack stat. Its moveset also seems inefficient to me. You are wasting a moveslot for Fire Punch or Hidden Power Fire when you easily defeat Ferrothorn and Forretress with Xatu. Therefore, I suggest changing it to Ice Beam. Doing so will allow you to easily OHKO Mixed Giratina-O with Stealth Rock and without lowering your Special Attack. In addition, keep ExtremeSpeed. It's very useful to beat faster Pokemon such as a weakened Choice Scarf Palkia or Kyogre with a priority move. You also have Palkia now to take care of Kyogre, so Thudnerbolt is unneeded.

I don't really see what are you trying to do with Chansey's EV spread. You are not going to Speed creep everything, so it seems very redundant to me. Just run the standard spread of 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD. You should also consider Toxic > Night Shade on Xatu, so you can catch switch-ins like Ho-oh and Kyogre and wear them off. These are optional changes, of course.

• Choice Scarf Palkia > Choice Specs Dialga
  • 12 Attack / 252 SpA / 244 Spe, Rash nature on Deoxys-A
  • Ice Beam > HP Fire/Fire Punch on Deoxys-A
  • ExtremeSpeed > Thunderbolt on Deoxys-A
  • Optional changes:
    • 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD on Chansey
    • Toxic > Night Shade on Xatu

Good Luck!
Thanks for the rate!

Well, back to the team, I tried Scarf Palkia instead Choice Specs Dialga and gives me awesome results! I was needing a Revenge Killer and this is pretty nice, also, now I can easily destroy all Kyogre variants. The EVs spread and the moveset you give me to put on Deoxys-A works really well too!

Hey Dusknight,

I think you should just run 252 Hp / 252+ SpDef Chansey to avoid Chansey being KOed by Kyogre, which you are really weak to, (and it also helps a lot with stuff like Specs Palkia under the rain). With this change you don't need Palkia really, as the only somewhat threatening Kyogre when running 252/252+ Chansey is Modest Specs Kyogre, and it's usually too slow to be really threatening for you, as most members of your team can land a hit before Kyogre, making Water Spout weaker.

I'm not an expert uber battler (I only play esporadically), but it seems that Deoxys-A is out of place in your team. In general, all your team is centered on dishing hard hits while being able to take some hits back on the process, but Deoxys-A is extremely frail and it's very difficult to switch in. Because of that, I think you should use Swords Dance Rayquaza as your wallbreaker instead, as it can still destroy most defensive pokemon while being able to tank a hit (unlike Deoxys-A) and foremost, it's a great partner for Arceus, as they both have similar counters. Here's the set:

Rayquaza@Life Orb | Air Lock
Adamant Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance / ExtremeSpeed / Dragon Claw / Overheat

Good luck!
Hey! Whats up?

That Rayquaza seems very cool, I will try it instead Deoxys-A.

By the way, the currently team is that:

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Groudon @ Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roar

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Xatu (F) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Roost
- Night Shade

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- ExtremeSpeed

Thanks for the rates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)