OU team for the little girl

I just made a new nickname for PO, and I decided to show you guyz the team I climbed the ladder with.

Team at a glance

Building process
Okay, i started off with a reliable spinner which I know how to use. Forretress got the moves I like, and is a great spinner I recently decided to try out. I'm glad I did. With acces to STAB high power gyro ball and bolt switch, it's a great pokemon.

Seeing that Forretress is weak to fire, I needed something to take advantage of that. I'm aware of the Heatran/forretress core, and decided to use that. Heatran can also set up rocks, and take care of dragon type attacks such as Draco meteor and Dragon pulse, while Forretress can take Outrage and Dragon claw. Great defensive combo.

I'm really weak to water now. Forretress is a physical monster, and can take CC and EQs all day. But I got no pokemon's to take scalds and Hydro pumps. Again, being able to take advantage of water would be great, so I added a Gastrodon. It got great defences, and access to scald and recover.

I'm still weak to fighting and ground though, so having something to take care of those weaknesses would be great. So I added Gengar. Scarfed pokemons are always neccesary, and I needed something to take care off Terrakion and Latios. Scarfed Gengar came in handy

I now had a Special sweeper, but what about a physical sweeper? I wanted it to be fast, and priority moves are great, so Infernape became my Physical sweeper
Acces to CC, flare blitz and mach punch is great.

But now I'm super weak to water and ground again, so something to take care of that would be great. Rotom-w is a pokemon I like, so why not?

Shelter (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 atk

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
(No spd ivs)
Okay. Kinda standard Forretress. But for some reason, people doesn't seem to know about volt switch. This is great for me, and I don't mind. Gyro ball is pretty standard STAB. Rapid spin, since it's meant to be a spinner, while spikes is useful hazards. For some reason I almost never set 'em up. But whutever, as I said, steel type gives hima huge advantage, since he resists dragon and can't be toxiced. Bug cancels out fighting and ground.

Threats: Every single fire type poke is a threat. But magnezone aint always a threat. Most Magnezones sets up a sub and tries to charge up with charge beam, but volt switch lets me switch

ThermalTrain (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Def / 16 SAtk / 248 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Grass]

A version of my ThermalTrain, though it's specially defensive instead of Physically defensive, and not that powerfull. But still, great Gastro bait, and lava plume got this great burn chance. Roar for phazing, and to rack up SR damage. SR is really usefull, especially against rain and sun teamz, carrying Tornadus and Dnites/Lots of fire pokes.

Threats: Hmm. Can't think of something. Dnites?

Ralentir (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Gastrodon...is...awesome... Epower and scald gives me great coverage, and toxic helps alot, since I can hit every pokemon like this. Recover is great since it's a defensive poke, and as mentioned, Storm drain takes advantage of Heatrans "weaknesses"... Hidden power grass mostly takes care of thingz... Nuff said I think.

Threats: About every single grass pokeomn again is a threat, and the same is ThermalTrainz. But then again, heatran takes ccare of most grass types, and so can Infernape.

UjustGotPWND (Infernape) (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Priority is needed on every team, in case of "sweeps". Flare blitz and CC gives
GREAT HUGE ULTRA SPECIAL EXTREME FUCKING POWERFULL AWESOME
coverage. U-turn is great on a speedy pokemon like Infernape. I do prefer Expert belt over LO bcoz opponents might think I'm choiced in some way (Thanks Nikitas, I owe you one.... or more :p). And besides, It's a freakin' Inferenape, why shouldn't I use it??

Since it's a female anyways, I should Have called it something like Nicki Minaj...

Threats: Scarfed Latios, scarfed Alakazam... I'm weak.

Nice2MeetYa (Rotom-W) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
(30 atk ivs, 30 def ivs for hp ice)
Whenever I got a scarfed pokemon, I'm trying to pull in this little warrior. It's damn powerful. I originally used modest, but then I realized I needed to outspeed certain pokemons. So decided to run timid. Hydro pump is STAB and OP, while volt switch is great for scouting. I also got Volt switch on forretress, and U-turn on Infernape, which makes the famous VoltTurn strategy. For some reasons, people likes to send out dragons on Rotom-w, so I put on Hp Ice. Also works great against Donphan's, which doesn't like to take it, and will be 2HKOd by a far more accurate move than Hydro pump. People always seem to think it's Hp grass anyways. Also helps vs stupid Gliscor users. Trick is pretty standard on choiced pokes.

Threats: I ALWAYS volt switch on dugtrios. Never see them coming >.<

Lugubres (Gengar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Pretty standard scarfed Gengar. The only thing is Giga drain. Why am I using giga drain?? Well, since it's only 5 base power weaker than energy ball, and drains half of enemy hp taken, I think it's the better move. But why use a grass move in the first place? I always carry a fire type move, a ice type move, and a grass type move. True, i got hidden power grass on Heatran, but Giga drain got 5 base power more (:p) and this Gengar is slightly more powerful than my Heatran. I got fire for Scizor/ferro/forretress, Ice for Gliscor/Dnite/Landorus and grass for Gastro/swampert/quagsire. Please don't complain about Gengar. I know that it's fast, but i need it to take care of scarfed latios/lando/terrrakion/ venusaur in sun.

Threats: Scarfed Alakazam, and otherwise calm mind reuniclus and trick roomers is huge threats

The main strategy for this team is to abuse super effective hits. (Forretress is weak to fire, Heatran got flash fire. Infernape is weak to water, Gastrodon got storm drain.)
Besides that I got the VoltTurn mixed up. I'm not afraid of walls like registeel and ferrothorn, since I can trick twice, and I got toxic for all other wallz.

Earlier team members:
This is the first version of this team, deal with it.

Threats:
Will be updated while playing. Haven't found any yet.

Possible members:

Shelter (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Satk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Hidden power [ice]

Well, that's it for now.

Ive never had good luck with a standard Forretress set. If you try something like this
Bold nature leftovers
252 hp 220 def 36 spa
Hp ice
Spikes
Rapid spin
Gyro ball/ volt switch
You can hit stuff like Gliscor and Landorus which commonly try to switch into forretress's volt switch. Hp ice will usually do more than 50 percent to either of them. Other than that it looks good!

I love this team....actually though. Although I agree that scarfed gengar is kind of unnecessary.
Scarfed Gengar is neccesary for taking out other scarfers, and sun venusaur.

Ive never had good luck with a standard Forretress set. If you try something like this
Bold nature leftovers
252 hp 220 def 36 spa
Hp ice
Spikes
Rapid spin
Gyro ball/ volt switch
You can hit stuff like Gliscor and Landorus which commonly try to switch into forretress's volt switch. Hp ice will usually do more than 50 percent to either of them. Other than that it looks good!
Sounds interresting, I will try it out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)