(Insert Name Here) F/W/G Core

Hey, everyone. It's been so long I posted a team. I decided to make a team, based on the basics. Read more in Team Building. I'm really bad at team names ._.

TEAM BUILDING (sorta)

Lead
Lead Support
Core
Glue

I first wanted my core. So, I decided I wanted the classic F/W/G core. I came up with three which were..

Kingdra, the amazing dragon pokemon. I wanted to eff up with rain, and use their rain to my advantage. Kingdra is amazing for that. I then threw that in my core.

The next poke is..

I heard of the Heatran+Kingdra core, somewhere on the forums. I wanted to utilize it. Kingdra covers up Heatran's water weakness, and the sets that both of these pokemon cover up several types. Kingdra+Heatran, was amazing but I needed something to patch it up. I needed a grass pokemon, which led to this.

By finishing up the core, F/W/G I made my core. Breloom was great since it spored opponents, and it destroys pokemon with bulk up. Breloom has problems with Gliscor, which Kingdra can take care of. Breloom was awesome.

Now that the core was completed, I needed a lead. I chose Gengar.

A great lead pokemon, that counters dragons with icy wind. It prevents mons from setting up by using taunt. Gengar was used to stop people from setting up.

I needed lead support, so the lead wouldn't die. I chose metagross.

It worked well with Gengar, since it set rocks up. Gengar could patch up its weakness, and counter ground/fighting.

Now that I had all these pokemon, I need the glue. I needed a revenge killer.
I experimented with different pokemon. I tried CB Ambipom, CS Alakazam, CB dugtrio with no success. I finally chose CS Haxorus.

An amazing revenge killer, that would destroy pokemon with outrage.

And there my team was created.

Without further ado here is the team..

Azelf @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Explosion

Gengar was swapped for Azelf. Lead azelf, gets me SR, and lets me scout with u-turn. It's a suicide lead. At any given point, I can explode and normal gem powers it up more. I usually want to keep Azelf alive, to explode. EVs are mainly in attack, since I really don't have any special moves. It's a really good lead.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock

Bar pursuit, Metagross covers up gengar's dark weakness, as well as its psychic weakness. It sets up rocks, and bullet punches pokemon with focus sash. I might add in explosion and swap out meteor mash. It works well with Gengar. They're a really good duo.

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 2 SDef / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]/ice
- Explosion

I wanted an uncommon set so here it is. Shuca Berry Heatran. Explosion is when its low on health, it leaves a great dent to bulky pokemon. Fire Blast is its main move, which destroys a lot of pokemon with its great special attack.
Heatran fills up the core, and covers up brelooms weaknesses, such as flying/ice/poison/and many others. HP elec, is there for pesky gyarados. Ice might be added in.

Kingdra (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 168 HP / 164 Atk / 6 SDef / 172 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage

ChestoRest Kingdra is amazing. In rain, it has 400+ speed. I set up a DD or two, and when its on low health, I rest up. Wonderful for curing status, and such. I do dislike its one time though. Waterfall is my secondary move if I don't use outrage. Outrage is its primary move, and rapes a lot of pokemon, bar steels. I am looking to changing this set, so suggestions are helpful.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Bulk up loom is amazing. Its frail defenses skyrockets after a few BU's. Drain punch is to get health back, adding this with poison heal. Seed Bomb is for Quagsires/Swampert/Gastrodon, and any other bulky water. Drain punch is great at defeating scizor, and many other pokemon. It is frail, if it does not set up bulk ups. I'm thinking of adding Celebi in instead. Suggestions?

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop

After experimenting with different revenge killers, I chose Haxorus. It's amazing outrage rips everything apart. I chose this over moxie mence, because of mold breaker. No matter what comes in, Outrage/Earthquake will hit anything. Dual Chop is for the pesky pokemon with subs, such as breloom. Brick Break, is for the people who decide to use dual screens. I commonly see this in smash pass teams. I'm really open in replacing this pokemon, since I am quite unsure what revenge killer am I to use. CS Flygon, maybe?

As you see, I'm open to any changes and rates to this team. I don't mind changing the core, lead, lead support or the glue. I might want to keep Kingdra, and Heatran. I'd like to keep the F/W/G core in tact, at all costs.
So there's the team. Rates are appreciated.

OLD TEAM MEMBERS

Ambipom
Alakazam
Dugtrio
Gengar
Metagross

CURRENTLY TESTING

Azelf @ Normal Gem/Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpAtk)
EV's: 252Atk/ 4Def/ 252Spd
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch
-Explosion

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EV's: 98HP / 252Atk / 160SpDef
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Awesome team man! However, I think for Metagross you should put in a life orb because metagross isn't a guaranteeing sweeper with out life orb.

Here is my metagross:

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Attack / 240 Speed / 16 Defense
Nature: Naive(+Speed,-Special Defense)
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbut
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

I used Metagross as a lead because most stealth rock set uppers have a low base speed of 60-70, but the Nature and EVs can be faster and life orb will kill. Gengar has frail defense and usually stealth rockers are slow but can take a hit.

Awesome team man! However, I think for Metagross you should put in a life orb because metagross isn't a guaranteeing sweeper with out life orb.

Here is my metagross:

Metagross @ Life Orb
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbut
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

I used Metagross as a lead because most stealth rock set uppers have a low base speed of 60-70, but the Nature and EVs can be faster and life orb will kill. Gengar has frail defense and usually stealth rockers are slow but can take a hit.
The point of lum berry, is to have a free turn. Say someone decides to scald me and they think they burned me, or paralyzed me. Lum helps in these scenarios. But I'll definitively try LO. Thanks.

60 something views, and only one rate? Come on.

Team Rate

I would say switch the Metagross and Gengar. You can make Metagross the lead and run either more of lead spread for him something like:
Metagross @ Air Balloon
Nature: Adamant
EVs
252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 Spe
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm
Explosion
With this set you can set up rocks for your team, and land a couple of heavy hits before exploding. The Air Balloon is really useful for a lead Metagross, but you may want to use a different item and save that for Heatran possibly trading out Explosion for Protect. Metagross can fill the Explosion roll, and a Heatran that can scout with Protect is always useful.

For the Gengar I prefer using the new accuracy rating on Disable to the fullest extent. Go for something like:
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Set up a sub and disable the user's move. This can be critically frustating towards anything scarffed, and STAB Shadow Ball and 120 Base Power Focus Blast provide perfect type coverage.
Anyway, just a few ideas. Props for using Kingdra too.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey, nice team
If you want a non-weather designated lead that REALLY works you should'nt run Gengar. The Weather starters aside from Abomasnow all beat him one on one which will leave your team a mon short and you will be behind the Eight Ball right from the start. Although putting Metagross as a lead could fix this, I would suggest you try Lead Azelf over your current Gengar. It is a Preety standard suicide lead. Normal Gem and Adamant because if your going to explode, your going to do it right. RUn focus sash if you want but I've found it pointless due to lead Ttar's Sand stream breaking it anyway. Remeber to not explode right off the bat as U-Turn helps get momentum and lets Azelf come back later to act as death fodder or if it survives, blow something up with Explosion.
Another potential change if you take on Azelf is using Choice Band Scizor over your current Metagorss. He Has a stronger Bullet Punch then Metagross and also Builds up Momentum with his powerful U-Turn. He also lures in fire attacks which Heatran and Kingdra switch into with ease and then can do what they wish with boosted STAB or a free turn respectively.
Good Luck!

Sets
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch
-Explosion

Scizor @ Choice Band
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

I'm not completely sold on the CS Haxorus idea. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it, but I just feel like the spot could be better used. I'm thinking especially a Choice Scarf Salamence especially, because of the extra fighting resistance it provides. You're REALLY shaky in that area considering your only other resistance to fighting is a suicide lead pretty much. The other thing is Intimidate helping the team out a pretty decent amount. Nobody on the team is really all that bulky, with the exception of maybe Metagross (who's EV spread is kind of incomplete, those extra EVs probably belong in defence I'm thinking). Mamoswine is actually a pokemon I thought could be kind of troublesome, but between Intimidate and Kingdra you should have it nicely patched up with smart play, although I don't play 5th gen all too much, so I don't really have an idea of how potent, swine is, I've never actually battled it. Likin' the team.

I'm going to agree with Doctor Who? CS Salamence is flat out amazing, and once he nets a KO the Moxie boost makes him stronger than Haxorus anyway, and the fighting resist could be very useful, although from my experience Salamence doesn't come in much as a defensive pokemon.
I also agree with Asek. An Azelf lead would be much better than Gengar as Gengar dies right away as a lead, and as said before, he loses to very common leads. Azelf is very useful for setting up rocks and keeping momentum while Gengar just KO's one thing before dying.
Also, it would kinda help if you completed Metagross' EV spread.
Hope this helped and I like the originality of the team.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi nice team, man.
I don't think a lead is needed, because team preview basically took away the need of a lead pokemon. Instead I suggest something which can make your live a bit easier vs Sand Storm teams, which seem to be the most problematic to your team, as well as a Fighting resist: Swords Dance Gliscor. With a spread of 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Speed, it will outrun Adamant Lucario and Toxicroak. The moves: Substitute / Swords Dance / Earthquake / Facade or Ice Fang, the choice is up to you, but I like Facade since it allows you to hit Rotom-W hard.
You seem to miss a few EV's on Metagross but you prolly just forgot them to type lol.
I strongly suggest you changing back to ScarfMoxieMence, since it is an amazing late game sweeper AND it can Skarmory hard, who can be a bit of a nuissance for your team, if coupled with Skarmory.
Hope I helped and good luck!

I'm not completely sold on the CS Haxorus idea. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it, but I just feel like the spot could be better used. I'm thinking especially a Choice Scarf Salamence especially, because of the extra fighting resistance it provides. You're REALLY shaky in that area considering your only other resistance to fighting is a suicide lead pretty much. The other thing is Intimidate helping the team out a pretty decent amount. Nobody on the team is really all that bulky, with the exception of maybe Metagross (who's EV spread is kind of incomplete, those extra EVs probably belong in defence I'm thinking). Mamoswine is actually a pokemon I thought could be kind of troublesome, but between Intimidate and Kingdra you should have it nicely patched up with smart play, although I don't play 5th gen all too much, so I don't really have an idea of how potent, swine is, I've never actually battled it. Likin' the team.
Hey, thanks for the rate. Yeah, I'm gonna try CS Mence. I've thought it was the best revenge killer, but I wanted to try other things but it seems like it won't work. If it doesn't, I'll switch back up to Haxorus, because of mold breaker. The selling point for Haxorus is that, even if its locked on Earthquake after revenge killing something, flying types/levitating mons that decide to switch in will still get get damage, because of mold breaker. But yeah, CS Mence will be tried out.

Hi nice team, man.
I don't think a lead is needed, because team preview basically took away the need of a lead pokemon. Instead I suggest something which can make your live a bit easier vs Sand Storm teams, which seem to be the most problematic to your team, as well as a Fighting resist: Swords Dance Gliscor. With a spread of 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Speed, it will outrun Adamant Lucario and Toxicroak. The moves: Substitute / Swords Dance / Earthquake / Facade or Ice Fang, the choice is up to you, but I like Facade since it allows you to hit Rotom-W hard.
You seem to miss a few EV's on Metagross but you prolly just forgot them to type lol.
I strongly suggest you changing back to ScarfMoxieMence, since it is an amazing late game sweeper AND it can Skarmory hard, who can be a bit of a nuissance for your team, if coupled with Skarmory.
Hope I helped and good luck!
Hey, thanks for the rate. I still think a lead is important. Despite, the whole team preview thing. But yes, I just realized I forgot the EVs on Metagross, which I'll fix. Ehh, I'm unsure on the gliscor thing. I still want to follow Lead/Lead Support/Core/Glue idea. So no, I won't try out Gliscor as it will sort of ruin the team in my eyes. I need a SR setter, and the mon to support it.

Hey, nice team
If you want a non-weather designated lead that REALLY works you should'nt run Gengar. The Weather starters aside from Abomasnow all beat him one on one which will leave your team a mon short and you will be behind the Eight Ball right from the start. Although putting Metagross as a lead could fix this, I would suggest you try Lead Azelf over your current Gengar. It is a Preety standard suicide lead. Normal Gem and Adamant because if your going to explode, your going to do it right. RUn focus sash if you want but I've found it pointless due to lead Ttar's Sand stream breaking it anyway. Remeber to not explode right off the bat as U-Turn helps get momentum and lets Azelf come back later to act as death fodder or if it survives, blow something up with Explosion.
Another potential change if you take on Azelf is using Choice Band Scizor over your current Metagorss. He Has a stronger Bullet Punch then Metagross and also Builds up Momentum with his powerful U-Turn. He also lures in fire attacks which Heatran and Kingdra switch into with ease and then can do what they wish with boosted STAB or a free turn respectively.
Good Luck!

Sets
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch
-Explosion

Scizor @ Choice Band
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit
Hey, thanks for the rate. Yes, I've also considered Azelf. I'll definitely try this one out. As Azelf is one of the mons I love using. For Azelf I might consider running ice punch. I can switch Azelf's role and give it a SR set up. It sounds perfect to me, since Metagross has problems setting up SR.
As for Scizor, I'll try that out as well. Although I am unsure if I should swap metagross with scizor. But yes CB scizor, sounds like a great idea as well. It also removes the ground weakness, metagross used to have.

As for the LO idea for Metagross, it didn't really work out for me. In my opinion it lost too much health. It would get hit first, then it would more health with LO. So yeah, there's a chance metagross is being removed. If all these suggestions don't work I'll try out Disable Gar, and Lead metagross.

Thanks for everyone who rated! I appreciate it.

Here is my metagross:

Metagross @ Life Orb
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbut
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

No, you want a Jolly nature, because you are only using physical attacks. Perhaps replace Zen Headbutt with Explosion or an elemental punch because Zen Headbutt has poor coverage. I would suggest Fire Punch to have a secondary Forretress/Scizor/Ferrothorn counter.

Alternatively you could squeeze SR on Heatran in place of HP Electric and swap Metagross out:

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/148 SpA
Nature: Bold/Modest/Calm
-Thunderbolt/Discharge/Thunder
-HP Fire
-Flash Cannon/Mirror Shot
-Toxic/Barrier

This Magnzeone counters Steels and Gyrados simultaneously.

This reminds me of Faladrans DP how to build a competitive team video.
Anyway, I thought I should mention that I that I think you forgot the Ev's for Breloom.
Also, I think the idea of Scarf Salamence would be a good replacement for Haxorus. I don't think the loss of Mold Breaker would be all that bad for a revenge killer.

This reminds me of Faladrans DP how to build a competitive team video.
Anyway, I thought I should mention that I that I think you forgot the Ev's for Breloom.
Also, I think the idea of Scarf Salamence would be a good replacement for Haxorus. I don't think the loss of Mold Breaker would be all that bad for a revenge killer.
Yeah, mence isn't that bad. And yes, surprisingly I forgot the EVs for Breloom. Yet, it still was doing well for some reason.

The selling point for Haxorus is that, even if its locked on Earthquake after revenge killing something, flying types/levitating mons that decide to switch in will still get get damage, because of mold breaker.
Flying types still dont get affected by EQ. Mold Breaker only works for abilites.

For example, say you had wanted to poison a snorlax with immunity, then a pokemon with mold breaker would get the job done. However, even if you have mold breaker, steel types still wont be affected by toxic.

Other than that, i agree with a CS Salamence as above and i think the nature should be changed to Modest because -def is not helping the shuca berry if the opponent has EQ, which they will run mostly over Earth Power (unless they are special)

Flying types still dont get affected by EQ. Mold Breaker only works for abilites.

For example, say you had wanted to poison a snorlax with immunity, then a pokemon with mold breaker would get the job done. However, even if you have mold breaker, steel types still wont be affected by toxic.

Other than that, i agree with a CS Salamence as above and i think the nature should be changed to Modest because -def is not helping the shuca berry if the opponent has EQ, which they will run mostly over Earth Power (unless they are special)
Done. Although I'm probably switching Heatran, to Sub+Fire Blast+Dragon Pulse+Toxic

After playing around with the team a bit, I've seen some problems.

Hazards really screw me over. Hippowdon screws me over. I tested Celebi in place of breloom, and I've seen the hungry hippo eff me. It can set up hazards, and throw in roars that can hurt me. I'm thinking of adding Taunt for Azelf, or adding a rapid spinner. Suggestions? Cloyster maybe?

Edits to the team, is slowly being made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)