Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what I gather, you need to get a Landorus from the Dream Radar which will unlock an ingame event which will unlock an item which will allow you to change between kami and beast form.

Landorus' beast forme sprite looks badass.

The Water and Magma based caves probably mean new Kyogre and Groudon forms. So be prepared.
They'll be unholy amalgamations of each other. Kyogre: Earth Forme will sproute legs and a new contorted tail Water/Ground
Groudon: Ocean Forme will just become a shark but with huge fins. Ground Water

Both get the other's ability (or maybe air lock).

So... should I buy this game when it comes out in Japan or no?
Well...we'll get the game this Fall so it really depends on (1) how impatient/patient you are and (2) would you be able to enjoy the game in another language

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
So what tutors are you all hoping for or expecting?

For me, like I said previously in the thread, Golem, Electrode, Bellossom, Ludicolo, Solrock, Spiritomb, Scolipede, Lilligant, Ferrothorn, Klingklang, & Tornadus should naturally have Rapid Spin so I'm still hoping for a tutor to help the over 10 Pokemon that spin, dance, and make tornadoes that don't get Rapid Spin.

Aside from Rapid Spin, I'm expecting the rest of these tutors:
The Punches are a given. The most significant user of the Elemental Punches would be Iron Fist Infernape; finally having access to boosted Fire Punch & Thunderpunch. Sheer Force Nidoking would love the Elemental Punches. Darmanitan could be nasty Thunderpunch. Of course Haxorus with Fire Punch would be great, giving it a way to break Skarmory, Forretress, & Scizor while popping Heatran's Balloon without using Outrage. Conkeldurr just trades his Gliscor weakness for a Jellicent weakness with Ice Punch, so Bulk Up has coverage issues either way.

Trick could shake things up if it comes back, giving Magic Bounce Espeon & Shadow Tag Gothitelle a nasty new gimmick as well as pushing Shadow Tag Chandelure over the edge.

Sucker Punch could give Escavlier something to escape Scizor's shadow.

Superpower will probably come back. Durant, Escavalier, Klingklang, & Bisharp would all enjoy having it.

Tutors for Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Roost, Stealth Rock, Secret Power, and any other TMs that were replaced could be interesting, especially Roost. Imagine Poison Heal Gliscor with Roost.

For other tutors, perhaps Flare Blitz for Flareon? Outrage could return and make DD+Outrage MoxieMence legal. Although it probably won't happen, Shell Smash could be distributed to things like Metapod, Kakuna, Cascoon, Silcoon, the Squirtle line, the Turtwig line, Shelgon (!), Lapras...anything that could be construed as having a shell. Quiver Dance could go to various dancing things like Gardevoir and Spinda, I guess. I'd like if Tailwind, Heal Bell, and Pain Split came back, too. /incomplete wishlist

slack off.

snorlax, swampert, grumpig, camerupt, blastoise, hitmontop, flareon, vaporeon (and all the eevees actually), ampharos, bibarel, donphan, emboar, eelektross, luxray...

yeah, i think slack off would be pretty awesome. especially as a lower tier player, i would really appreciate if those and more got access to a healing move.

also roost archeops and braviary please.

sleep talk would be nice to have back as well.

edit: seeing flare blitz above, i'd also love blaze kick for flareon. and quiver dance lumineon to help it get out of that pit GF threw it into at its creation. shell smash shelgon/pupitar can gtfo. past gen TMs would be appreciated though.

If you look at the BW Battle Subway's Pokémon list, you'll find that there are some oddities like Dragon Pulse on Arcanine, Heat Wave on Zapdos, Roost on Salamence and more.

Notice how there is no way on Earth to currently get those moves if you only have Black or White, so based on this characteristic I made a list of moves who have a good chance of coming back as Move Tutor moves:

4th gen Move Tutor moves :

• Fire Punch : was found at least on Marowak, Miltank
  • Ice Punch : Quagsire, Miltank
  • ThunderPunch : Miltank
  • Signal Beam : Electrode, Starmie, Vaporeon
  • Low Kick : Marowak
  • Outrage : Marowak, Flygon
  • Icy Wind : Jynx
  • Block : Lapras
  • Superpower : Flareon
  • Air Cutter : Zapdos
  • Heat Wave : Zapdos
  • Tailwind : Moltres
  • Aqua Tail : Quagsire
  • Seed Bomb : Donphan
  • Sucker Punch : Shiftry
  • Zen Headbutt : Claydol
  • Trick : Metagross
  • Iron Head : Torterra
  • Earth Power : Gastrodon
  • Gunk Shot : Toxicroak

3rd gen Move Tutor moves :

• Counter : Gengar
  • Double-Edge : Tauros, Entei
4th gen TM :

• Focus Punch (TM01) : Poliwrath
  • Water Pulse (TM03) : Togekiss
  • Giga Drain (TM19) : Tentacruel
  • Iron Tail (TM23) : Rapidash
  • Roost (TM51) : Salamence
  • Endure (TM58) : Tauros
  • Dragon Pulse (TM59) : Arcanine
  • Drain Punch (TM60) : Regirock
  • Avalanche (TM72) : Rhyperior
  • Captivate (TM78) : Luxray
  • Dark Pulse (TM79) : Houndoom
  • Sleep Talk (TM82) : Whiscash
If this does carry on B2W2, Venusaur really would like Giga Drain.

Tutors for Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Roost, Stealth Rock, Secret Power, and any other TMs that were replaced could be interesting, especially Roost. Imagine Poison Heal Gliscor with Roost.

For other tutors, perhaps Flare Blitz for Flareon? Outrage could return and make DD+Outrage MoxieMence legal. Although it probably won't happen, Shell Smash could be distributed to things like Metapod, Kakuna, Cascoon, Silcoon, the Squirtle line, the Turtwig line, Shelgon (!), Lapras...anything that could be construed as having a shell. Quiver Dance could go to various dancing things like Gardevoir and Spinda, I guess. I'd like if Tailwind, Heal Bell, and Pain Split came back, too. /incomplete wishlist
Referring to sentence highlighted. I believe there was Bagon with dw ability (Not sure if Moxie or not) that can have outrage as one of the random moves dw occasionally gives. I may be wrong but I remember people discussing this before.
Edit: Ignore this part. Realized DD was mentioned and I missed that, only read Outrage and Moxie.

All I'm hoping for this game really is catch-able Victini like in the first game (with no even item ideally) tutors that give punches, roost and tailwind: and the new Kyu formes to be decent enough for OU usage.

I have a feeling the caves either represent Kyogre (water) Groudon (Magma) in an attempt to show there may not be 3rd gen remakes or, more likely they some how relate to the kyurem formes (Magma for White Kyurem and Water (Blue electricity blue water) for Black Kyurem).

So what tutors are you all hoping for or expecting?
Other than the usual elemental punches (probably already confirmed from Pokewood), the ones I'd most like to see as Tutor moves are Giga Drain and Drain Punch. I'm surprised how few Pokemon in 4th Gen could learn Drain Punch, and bringing it here could open up a useful new option for some bulkier Fighting Pokemon. For example, I'd rather use Justified Gallade over Steadfast Gallade, but Drain Punch isn't an option for Justified Gallade. Same for Chlorophyll Venusaur learning Giga Drain.

It would be nice if there was SOMETHING for Escavalier to use that will let him damage other Steel-types, too. (Somehow, it surprises me that this thing doesn't get Earthquake.) It'll probably end up being Superpower if anything, but I can't say for sure if even that will happen. The Pokemon that learned Superpower before looked rather strong, like they would be able to grapple and throw an opponent, and I'm not sure if Escavalier quite fits that. (This is why I'll eat my shoes if Klinklang actually does learn it.) Somebody in the Smog once suggested Drill Run as a possible Tutor Move, and that might be a neat idea. Would it be the ideal option for Escavalier? Probably not, due to Skarmory. Would it be better than nothing? Definitely.

Extreme Speed
Please, gamefreak, it's been 4 generations since it was introduced. You put it on the oddest Pokemon but not the ones specifically known for their highspeeds. If you insist on not putting it in their natural movepools, just put it in as a tutor.
It'd probably be novel at best, but I'd appreciate things like Extreme Speed Rapidash or even Extreme Speed Pidgeot. You could even find a new, exciting way to screw over Flareon by giving it only to Jolteon!

Referring to sentence highlighted. I believe there was Bagon with dw ability (Not sure if Moxie or not) that can have outrage as one of the random moves dw occasionally gives. I may be wrong but I remember people discussing this before..
You're right, Outrage was one of the two moves Bagon got special from the Dreamworld (it's the reason ScarfMoxieMence is a thing). The problem is that it's impossible to get Dragon Dance and Outrage on the same MoxieMence since you only get one dreamworld move and Salamence only gets Dragon Dance either from breeding or from the dreamworld.

It'll probably end up being Superpower if anything, but I can't say for sure if even that will happen. The Pokemon that learned Superpower before looked rather strong, like they would be able to grapple and throw an opponent, and I'm not sure if Escavalier quite fits that. (This is why I'll eat my shoes if Klinklang actually does learn it.)
Rather strong looking like Bidoof, Totodile, Turtwig, Corphish, Phanpy, Mudkip, and Spinda? While I think I've heard something along the lines that everything that has gotten Superpower through tutoring either already learned the move or has a really high attack stat in its final evolution, I wouldn't put it out of the question for maybe Klingklang and especially Escavalier.

Here are some pretty sick combinations that I hope will happen and would be possible with a return of a Tutor or a TM from the previous Generations. An explantion and why it is so awesome is in the hide tags.

Move over HP Fire! A physical move towards Zam is so obvious that it makes Zam a prime candidate for counter. Unfortunately, Trollfreak decided not to have Counter with Magic Guard. Well what if that did happen? CounterSash Zam would be crazy. Pretty much any priority against Zam would be suicide for the opposing attacker. Even Pursuit users will be in trouble, try to Pursuit trap Zam and proceed to be KO'ed appropiately. Counter covers all threats: Scizors, Dragons, Tyranitars, etc. Magic Guard gives Zam the ability to always use that Counter whenever necessary.

Meet possibly the most annoying tank in the entire game. Guts+Conkeldurr's bulk just screams for a Restalk set. The corresponding attack increase not only means Conkeldurr will regain more health from Drain Punch but also has the possibility to invest in its defenses more. Obviously it loses more to Gliscor; but it is a fair trade for considerbly more bulk, power, and longevity. If there is a Sleep Talk tutor it definitely one of the first things I will try.

I actually thing with Rest-Talk or Pain Split, Cofagrigous would have a good shot to walk among the OU big boys. Why? Mummy is actually an awesome ability to help him wall a lot of threats and it is REALLY REALLY bulky. He actually has more physical bulk than Skarmory. A lot of physical attackers depend on their abilities specifically Scizor, Conkeldurr (who now can suffer to burn), and Mienshao. With a recovery move, Cofagrigus will finnally be able to give Jellicent a run for its money for a defensive speed blocker.

It is a disgrace that Hydreigon did not get Sucker Punch as one of the game's premeir dark types. Hydreigon is one of my favorite Pokemon so I really want this to happen. Hydreigon often has problems with Pokemon outspeeding it due to his unfortunate speed tier. However this all could be changed if Hydreigon got Sucker Punch. A lot of Pokemon that outspeed him (specfically those in the base 110 and beyond tier) are actually weak to dark type attacks. Lati@s, Starmie, Gengar, and Alakazam would become non-issues for Hydreigon. Sucker Punch isn't exactly weak either. It basically becomes a STAB Extremespeed in terms of power, so it can still be used to hit threats that are not weak to Dark such as Landorus and Jolteon.

There is more but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head and want the most.

slack off.

snorlax, swampert, grumpig, camerupt, blastoise, hitmontop, flareon, vaporeon (and all the eevees actually), ampharos, bibarel, donphan, emboar, eelektross, luxray...

yeah, i think slack off would be pretty awesome. especially as a lower tier player, i would really appreciate if those and more got access to a healing move.

also roost archeops and braviary please.

sleep talk would be nice to have back as well.
Oh my god! I never thought of Roost Archeops... that would be really awesome! It needs to happen!

Sleep Talk Cofagrigus would be nice too. And, of course, Slack Off Rhyperior. 8)

I'd also want Giga Drain Eelektross. I seriously don't know why this thing can't learn that...

Even though it's very unlikely since they haven't brought it up yet, they could just change what moves are in some TMs, bringing older moves back that way.

I mean, TMs can't be traded, so they could just change what moves they put in them since it won't effect BW. But if they did something like that, I think they'd have made mention of it by now...

From Serebii: "The Join Avenue image shows the user at a shop where an item is being sold, 'Gambare A Lunch', which is said to increase Hit Point Base Points (as in EVs) when consumed by a Pokémon."

This could shake things up quite a bit, don't you think? EVing HP could really change a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)