Adding DW to Pokemon Showdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Heyya! I've been talking with some of the Pokemon Showdown! sysops within the past few weeks. A few of them have graciously offered to help us implement the Dream World tier onto Pokemon Showdown!. What they need from us is exactly what the metagame entails so that we can set it up properly.

So what exactly is in the Dream World metagame? I'm going to make a list below of what I can think of offhand. However, I need your help to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. Once we get a finalized list together, I'll send it off to bmelts and we'll be good to go on Pokemon Showdown!.

Here's what I have so far. I'll be editing this list as more posts are made in this topic.

Items
Brightpowder
Lax Incense
Soul Dew

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Abilities
Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

The following Pokemon are currently NOT BANNED from DW OU
Deoxys-S
Excadrill
Garchomp
Manaphy
Meloetta
Thundurus
Keldeo
Genesect

Move Illegalities

• All fourth generation event moves and move tutors are banned (similar to OU).

• Pokemon using non-DW abilities still have access to 4th gen-only TMs, tutors, event moves, and what have yee.

• Egg moves are a different case. In the Dream World metagame, all female DW Pokemon are released. Therefore, stuff like Venusaur gets Giga Drain. As long as the egg move is compatible with the Dream World Pokemon, it is legal.
How do you guys feel about this list? Did I forget something? I need feedback before we can officially implement this on Pokemon Showdown!. Thanks for your time.

It needs to be specified that Pokemon using non-DW abilities still have access to 4th gen-only TMs and tutor, etc.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We also need male-only DW event Pokemon to learn egg moves, such as Chloropyll Venusaur with Power Whip and Leaf Storm; Solar Power Charizard with Flare Blitz, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance; etc.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It needs to be specified that Pokemon using non-DW abilities still have access to 4th gen-only TMs and tutor, etc.
Added.

We also need male-only DW event Pokemon to learn egg moves, such as Chloropyll Venusaur with Power Whip and Leaf Storm; Solar Power Charizard with Flare Blitz, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance; etc.
Talked with bmelts about this:

HTML:
21:09	Birkal	if you need us to make the list manually, we certainly can.
21:10	bmelts	oh
21:10	bmelts	egg groups
21:10	bmelts	right
21:10	bmelts	Birkal: well, we don't have egg group validation at all yet
21:10	Birkal	ok bmelts
21:10	Birkal	so we'll do a manual list for ya =D?
21:10	bmelts	Birkal: for now, I guess...
21:11	Birkal	mmmk, cool
21:11	bmelts	I'd really rather just get egg group illegality implemented :\
21:11	Birkal	oh, if you'd rather do that that's fine
21:11	Birkal	it would save us a lot of time, heh
21:11	Birkal	I guess it isn't an immediate thing; it would be nice to have eventually.
21:11	bmelts	depends on how long it takes to implement
That's where that was left off. I'll keep you guys updated on whether or not we're going to actually have to make a big list or not. I have a lead that might save us some time; we'll have to see.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Alright, Dream World is completely available on our newest simulator: Pokemon Showdown!. Try hoppin' on the ladder there (we need an inaugural battle ;O!) and continue the DW fun. I'm going to lock this topic since this doesn't really serve a purpose anymore. If you have any questions or concerns, contact one of the Dream World moderators. If you find a bug while on the ladder, report it here.

Big props go to Antar for basically doing this entire thing. Credit also goes to Zarel and bmelts for being so flexible with their creation of PS!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)