Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quilver Dance:

Ludicolo
Jynx
Ledian
Volbeat
Illumise
Grumpig

This would make me very happy. These pokemon are either bug type or associate themselves with dancing.

From Serebii: "The Join Avenue image shows the user at a shop where an item is being sold, 'Gambare A Lunch', which is said to increase Hit Point Base Points (as in EVs) when consumed by a Pokémon."

This could shake things up quite a bit, don't you think? EVing HP could really change a lot...
Huh, what do you mean, exactly? We've been able to EV HP ever since Advance, when EVs were introduced.

There might be other items besides lunch that give other types of ev's to your pokemon. GF might be helping the competitive community with more items to quicken ev training.

breh

強いだね
I'd assume that most of the Platinum tutors (at least, not the stupid ones like Uproar, Snore, etc.) and a few of the HGSS tutors (Super Fang and Low Kick, and, to a lesser extent, Pain Split, are the sole moves that don't suck) will return. Punches and Superpower seem to be near-guarantees, at least in my opinion.

Reflect Type is a move I hope to see a tutor for. The move has awful - and I mean awful - distribution, appearing on but 3 Pokemon, but it's a really cool move.

Going down the list of gen 5 moves, the following seem like nice candidates for Tutor moves:

Wide Guard
Heavy Slam
Electro Ball
Soak (this one seems really likely given its really shitty distribution)
Coil
Acid Spray
Simple Beam
Clear Smog
Reflect Type (REFLECT TYPE KECLEON)
Hurricane

Oh, and sleep talk is pretty likely too.

Lastly, they better have a place to EV train defense in this game that doesn't suck. Wish that goddamn lunch gave defense and not HP...

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
From Iwata Asks: Pokemon Black and White 2

"Originally, one of the major reasons that we opted for a dual-sequeal was due to there being a little something that we wanted to add to Black and White during development, that we were unable to put in due to time constraints. Since we needed two titles in order to achieve this little something, we decided to make dual-sequels."

So what do you guys think is the new feature they had wanted to do in Black and White?

From Iwata Asks: Pokemon Black and White 2

"Originally, one of the major reasons that we opted for a dual-sequeal was due to there being a little something that we wanted to add to Black and White during development, that we were unable to put in due to time constraints. Since we needed two titles in order to achieve this little something, we decided to make dual-sequels."

So what do you guys think is the new feature they had wanted to do in Black and White?
money?

My theory is that as long as Keldeo has Secret Sword in its moveset it'll be in Resolute form. Bigger horn/secret sword...makes sense to me. The multi-colored feathers are probably a reference to the fact that it's tutored the move by the other musketeers. I also think that it could pick up moves from the others by heart scale.
serebii said:
It also confirms that Keldeo is only in its resolution form when it knows the move Secret Sword. When you delete the move, it will revert back to its Usual Form
*Bows*
I wonder if Keldo gets any boost from the forme change.
It seems likely that it's mostly cosmetic. Competitively, you'll always know when Keldeo is carrying Secret Sword.

Anyway, we're just a few days away from a boatload of info.
Can't wait to know the new Formes' (Kyurem, Kami bests etc.) stats and movepools.

EDIT@UberOwn:
I don't know any Japanese so I can't read the natures or even tell if they're there (lol)
But 182 is max SpA at level 50 for base 130 stats given a neutral nature and full EV investment (+ perfect IVs).
So if White Kyurem has 183 SpA at level 50 without a boosting nature it definitely has higher than base 130 SpA.
We've suspected the Kyurem Formes will have base 150 in the relevant offensive stats to account for the 'missing' 20 points of Kyurem's 660 BST.

Looking at Zekrom's stats, it looks like its using a modest nature. The highlighted part means that the corresponding Kyurem form is using the same nature, right? Modest Zekrom has 144 attack while the kyurem forme has 180. Thats crazy, it soars way above 150, which may mean that the base attack stat is around 170. I didnt do any calculations, just stating whats apparent. Could someone translate this? Also notice that the base special attack stat is lower than zekrom's, ie it is <120. I guess its true that these are the strongest dragons. Highest was physical/special base 150 for dragons. This guarantees the formes' departure from OU. I mean we couldnt keep Deoxys-N so I dont see how its usable here.

Ok. So we see here, by seeing zekrom's stats, that it has higher special attack which mean that kyurem has <120. While the base attack is higher. So stats could be --> 125hp/170atk/90def/110Satk/90sdef/95spe.

EDIT: I was just about to edit my post when I realised that the highlighted part is the ability. I got ninja'd by the guy below.
After thoroughly looking through the stats, the possible natures are like this:
Zekrom: Modest
Sparkling Zekrom(forgot the full name): Naughty/Adamant(unlikely)
Reshiram: Gentle
Burning Reshiram: Rash/Modest(unlikely yet again).
Btw if the natures are the ones suggested by me, than these formes have the usual base 150 atk/satk

EDIT 2: Come on guys comment on this. There are like 33 users reading this thread.

Looking at Zekrom's stats, it looks like its using a modest nature. The highlighted part means that the corresponding Kyurem form is using the same nature, right? Modest Zekrom has 144 attack while the kyurem forme has 180. Thats crazy, it soars way above 150, which may mean that the base attack stat is around 170. I didnt do any calculations, just stating whats apparent. Could someone translate this?
the circled part is the ability, not the nature.
As for nature, that is specifically the stat screen shown in battle so sadly there's no way for us to know without guessing based on the stats..

And.the.ivs.are.not.31...

Kyreum.doesn't.have.90.defrnses.I.don't.think.120.is.TOO.high...
Also.the.attack.stat.of.White.Kyerm.isn't.130...
Noprmal.Kyrem.has.135.attack.with.0.ivs.
Normal.Kyurem.has.95.defneses.with.0.ivs...
As.for.the.speed.I.don't.know
Edit:Resh.is.a.Gentle.nature.with.26/31/10/5/11/18
Zekrom:Modest:26/11/31/16/11/27

In Sacred Beast/Dream Radar news:
-! Anything from the Dream Radar will have their Hidden Abilities !
-From the looks of things, however, the Sacred Beast formes only have 1 ability (but will keep track of Hidden ones when changed)
-The Mirror is a key item, so don't need to hold the thing
-Birdorus has the best sprite sorry guys

-From the looks of things, however, the Sacred Beast formes only have 1 ability (but will keep track of Hidden ones when changed)
that is a great sprite.

Edit: At this point, i think the Dream Radar allows you to catch 5th gen Dream World Ability Pokemon.

Keldeo can only be in Resolution Form when it knows Secret Sword. When Secret Sword is deleted, it reverts to its original form.

This means that regular Keldeo can't use it, and has to rely on Focus Blast.

Best news bolded!
Here comes Scarf-Intimidate Jaguaros and Leftovers/Regeneration Birdorus.

Keldeo can only be in Resolution Form when it knows Secret Sword. When Secret Sword is deleted, it reverts to its original form.

This means that regular Keldeo can't use it, and has to rely on Focus Blast.
Usual Keldeo is still available in BW1.

But more to the point, it is almost certainly just an aesthetic change done for flavor in how far Keldeo has come as an apprentice

And.the.ivs.are.not.31...

Kyreum.doesn't.have.90.defrnses.I.don't.think.120.is.TOO.high...
Also.the.attack.stat.of.White.Kyerm.isn't.130...
Noprmal.Kyrem.has.135.attack.with.0.ivs.
Normal.Kyurem.has.95.defneses.with.0.ivs...
As.for.the.speed.I.don't.know
Edit:Resh.is.a.Gentle.nature.with.26/31/10/5/11/18
Zekrom:Modest:26/11/31/16/11/27
Basically a more detailed version of what I posted earlier. I got the natures right. Yipee. Someone try using pokegen to get a level 50 kyurem. That way we can compare them better. Assuming Black Kyurem has 150 base attack, its possibly has 18 ivs with a boosting nature.

Quilver Dance:

Ludicolo
Jynx
Ledian
Volbeat
Illumise
Grumpig

This would make me very happy. These pokemon are either bug type or associate themselves with dancing.
Imagine OMASTAR! I can imagine it quivering those tentacles (sounds wrong). Instead of the suicidal SS set, you could use Omastar in the Sand with Leftovers and actually make extremely good use of his bulk (physical bulk is already great, and special bulk is boosted by Sand and QD). I'd love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)