Issue #20 Feedback Poll!

Which were your favorite Smog articles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
On a roll with big polls.

Hi everyone! We at The Smog are always looking for some feedback, so here's another polling thread. Post some feedback here and we'll take it into consideration for future issues.

Some questions to keep in mind:
  • What are your favorite articles? Why?
  • What can we do to improve for future issues?
  • What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover?

If you have any more questions or things you'd like to address, please feel free, but remember to justify your opinions! In addition, please try to keep everything civil. Keep all criticism constructive and not disparaging! Thanks.

• What are your favorite articles? The Mock Awards
  • What can we do to improve for future issues? Less LC and DW articles
  • What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover? Nothing

What are your favourite articles?
Most dangerous pokes, ou rmt.
What should be done to improve?
It is difficult to wait for more than 2 months.
What kind of articles do you want that we dont currently cover?
None.

What are your favourite articles? The Judge A Pokemon series.
What should be done to improve? Agreeing with Indian, a shorter waiting period, and also more top 10's:)
What kind of articles do you want that we don't currently cover?
A revised poked entry competition would be nice, but The Smog is (almost) perfect as it is...

What are your favorite articles? Why? I liked the Nuzlocke article, it's nice to see a bit of a guide put out there for new nuzfans.
What can we do to improve for future issues? Probably less of a waiting time. :toast: But more realistically, more articles about cores would be nice.
What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover? Maybe more mafia articles? :V Or more funny ones.

i would like to see more articles like one older smog article that's basically "awesome abilitys not on awesome pokes" redone for gen 5

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
less pocketmonsters, more about the users. i don't really care about why i should use scizor in OU, i'm more interested in the community and their opinions

I'd love to see more articles on OU and different users opinions on the metagame. Really more perspectives and tips to improve my game would be great.

The RMT section would be better if you could potentially get the creator of the team to do a follow up report or add more detail if they feel they have something more to say about the team. I really enjoy the section personally as I never go through that forum often enough myself.

Great work as usual

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
for a lot of players tournament coverage is probably the most interesting thing, and it's usually lacking in interesting detail such as individual pairings, replays etc. it's unfair to expect the worm to write such a large article with so much to cover though, so a suggestion is having him pick some users to help out with it

i would like to see some more opinion based articles written by users and less of the "type analysis" and "featured pokemon" articles, users can look up articles onsite and get the necessary information, and more tournament coverage as ace matador suggested.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It is my understanding that tournament coverage is lessening due to it falling in a niche held by Competitor.

I really enjoyed the Biology, Controlling Luck, and the Metagame Trends articles in particular. The interviews are cool, and Judge A Pokemon is hilarious as always.

Everyone can complain about production time, but a certain amount of that is necessary! I think Type Analysis is a great recurring section, but the Featured Pokemon do seem redundant unless it's a very dynamic one.

Controlling Luck was a pretty good article and gave me some new insites. As always the art panel is great too for funsies.

As razza said, the featured Pokes all feel like the OU analyses in the dex.

• What are your favorite articles? Why? Playing with Loaded Dice: How to Control Luck; it gives a lot of insight and can be applied to any player
  • What can we do to improve for future issues? Replays for tournament coverage; like above posters have said, featured 'mon articles are dry
  • What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover? Hard to pinpoint... don't know

When #21 comes around, put some funny comparisons to certain pokemon to things like superheros and other things like that. Also if you do description for something annoying in OU like Blissly compare it to Justin Beber.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)