RU CCAT 3 [Stage 6] Congrats ShakeItUp!

RarelyUsed CCAT 3

hosted by Jellicent and Molk

CCAT is back, baby, and this time it's got 2 (super sexy) hosts. We're gonna be doing another CCAT, but this one has a twist ^.^ At the end, there's a Stage 6: ~~Mystery Tournament~~

Why is it a mystery? Is it because we haven't decided just what it will be yet? Perhaps. Will there be some sort of reward for winner? Of course! I'm working out the details with Oglemi :P

Team so far:

We're making a balanced team, comprised of the following:

Moltres @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 236 Def / 216 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Cryogonal (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Focus Blast

Rules (shamelessly stolen from ShakeItUp Pocket)

Stage 1: We are going to start by picking which forgotten Pokemon (and set) we are going to be basing the team around. This does NOT mean the Pokemon has to be the late game sweeper, it means the team will be built around that Pokemon, whatever role it plays. This thread is for nominating Pokemon to be added to a poll (Pokemon that you think fit the description of a "forgotten" Pokemon). After a couple of days (probably around one-two days, until enough Pokemon are in the poll (around 10)), I will select which Pokemon are going to be in the poll that will be posted after we decide on a list of Pokemon. This means you have to convince me, and others, that your Pokemon is worth being put in the vote.

Note: A "Forgotten Wonder" is something is less used then the average RU Pokemon / set, but is still powerful enough to be used in the RU metagame. So no Caterpies, Magikarp, Metang etc. Thanks.

Stage 2: We select one Pokemon that works well around the selected one.

Stage 3: We select what style of team we want to make. This will likely include something along the lines of Offense, Balanced, Stall, and possibly more.

Stage 4: We select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style and test it.

Note: Only the first Pokemon has to be an underrated threat; the rest can be anything that supports it.

Stage 5: We fine-tune the team based on our experiences in test-driving the team on the ladder!

Stage 6: ~~Mystery Tournament~~

So there you go. The time period of the nomination stage will vary a bit depending on how many Pokemon are nominated. So, get to work! Also, please explain your nominations [think of it this way: If I just posted RU CCAT and said, "EVERYONE, GO NOMINATE!" you would probably all have to go to the OU / Dream World CCAT pages and look stuff up, or just look at me like I'm crazy. Bottom line: explanations save face and time (and subsequently money as well)].

Original CCAT (hosted by zdrup15)
2nd CCAT (hosted by ShakeItUp)

So cliche for me I know, but I figure I better live up to my reputation (I swear I'll cut back after this though...)

image by Winter-Freak

his page has some other really cool stuff

Muk (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Sneak

If you haven't tried it before in RU, please do. Gunk Shot is a nuke. Tanks special hits like a boss and comes back to punish whatever gets in its way. Extra utility as a Lilligant counter (granted after sleep clause) and a toxic spikes absorber. Very few completely safe switch ins (mostly bulky ghosts, Sandslash, and Qwilfish). As a bonus, Muk relies very little on support (mostly he just wants a little help taking out bulky Steels so he can sweep with Gunk Shot)

Now I wouldn't exactly call it "forgotten", but if you want something that sits low in RU usage (currently hanging in PU), but hits hard enough to send TangKing crying home? You found it.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reserving veto power over any troll sets :D

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
-Hone Claws
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Double-Edge

Aerodactyl can be quite an effective sweeper when played properly thanks to Hone Claws, along with is powerful attacks, great coverage, and excellent Speed. Hone Claws boosts not only Aerodactyl's Attack, but also the accuracy of Stone Edge, which becomes both incredibly strong and incredibly reliable after a boost. After a Hone Claws, Earthquake can 2HKO Steelix after Stealth Rock, and can pummel most of the tier as well. With Claydol and Gligar gone from RU, Double-Edge becomes the best move in the fourth slot, hitting Pokemon such as Torterra harder than any other move, as well as being a very "safe" attacking option. Although it has little use in terms of coverage, it gets neutral coverage against most Pokemon in the tier. Life Orb is the item of choice to boost Aero's power, but Leftovers is also quite viable.

252 +1 Atk Life Orb Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Tangrowth: 41.83% - 49.26%
3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

252 +4 Atk Life Orb Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Tangrowth: 83.91% - 98.76%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers) [Double the above]

After Stealth Rocks you have a 70& chance of 2HKOing one of the best physical walls in the tier from max health. Add in some prior damage and the opponent is in for a world of hurt.

252 +1 Atk Life Orb Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs 252 HP/0 Def Hitmonchan: 87.83% - 103.29%

Always KO's Hitmonchan thinking they can spin your rocks after SR.

252 +1 Atk Life Orb Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs 252 HP/0 Def Sandslash: 85.88% - 101.13%

Takes out Sandslash too, basically removing opposing spinners as threats. If its max/max Sandslash it takes 252 +1 Atk Life Orb Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs 252 HP/252 Def Sandslash: 63.28% - 74.58%, meaning it can't have taken just about any prior damage without being in KO range after Rocks.

Afrobull @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Head Charge

AFROBULL usage has been lacking lately—it should at least be in the top 15 in usage stats! With Sap Sipper and great 95 / 95 / 95 Defenses, AFROBULL is going to have a ton of chances to set up a Substitute on Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Spiritomb. This will also allow it to evade moves such as Will-O-Wisp, allowing for a free Swords Dance. After a Swords Dance, AFROBULL is going to decimate the opposing team. Not even Steelix or Poliwrath can take two hits. With a bit of appreciated team support, I think that AFROBULL will be one of the new, biggest threats in RU!

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw / X-Scissor
- Taunt

Fraxure has the most powerful Outrage in the tier after a Dragon Dance, and it quite bulky with Eviolite. This is a great Pokemon to build a team around, as it needs quite a bit of support to succeed. However, few Pokemon resist Dragon-type attacks, and with support from Pokemon such as Magneton and Steel-type lures, Fraxure can literally dance his way to victory!

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus

Offensive Sub Roost Moltres

Moltres @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Grass

Not to be fooled with Defensive SubRoost Moltres, Offensive SubRoost uses Moltres ability to force switches to get Substitutes, then use Roost whenever its health gets low. The Item choice depends on if you want to hit harder or get recovery every turn. Hidden Power Ground or Grass gains great coverage with Fire Blast, but Air Slash is STAB, so it can also be used.

Poliwrath (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall/Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest

Chesto Rest Poliwrath, a creature of my own creation. The purpose of this set is to destroy the opponent's team via powerful phazing. Bulk Up increases your Def, which lets you invest fully in SDef, making for a fairly good phazer after just one boost. Circle Throw is obvoius because it can deal decent damage while phazing, which Steelix and Slowking can't claim. So, if our spiker should fail and only get up a layer, it's not like Poliwrath is totally useless (SR assumed, for flying purposes). Scald is for if there's no Toxic Spikes, which really isn't ideal. Waterfall, at least, gives us something to kill Fire-type wall breakers like Typhlosion and Moltres.

This set isn't, of course, without problems. Gallade and Medicham both present problems, pretty much anything with a SE Stab move does. Of course, this holds true for most mons. There is a silver lining. Poliwrath has little problem taking SE Coverage moves, a quality I love.

252 SpAtk Typhlosion (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Grass vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Poliwrath (+SpDef) : 29.69% - 35.42% (3-4 hits to KO)

252 Atk Life Orb Bouffalant Wild Charge vs 252 HP/0 +1 Def Poliwrath: 41.67% - 48.96% (3 hits to KO)

Yes, I realize the second calc will never really happen. It's good to have a base line, though.

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Electivire isn't really a forgotten pokemon in RU, sitting at #39 on the usage statistics but it really isn't something you see wrecking teams everyday in RU on the otherhand. Electivire definitely has the capabilities to sweep teams but often lacks the right support to get rid of it's major counters. The base stats are also not something to mess around with as it has an impressive base 123 attack and base 95 spec attack as well as being moderately fast in RU with a base 95 speed. The movepool is where it shines though, having the capabilities to hit 11 of the 17 types super effectively, and the expert belt really boosts this. All the evs are put into attack and speed to maximize it's offensive power. Flamthrower is there to hit steelix and tangrowth for powerful super effective damage.

Some damage calcs of Pokes it will be faster than

Wild Charge Calcs

Vs Standard Slowking
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 248 HP/144 Def Slowking: 87.79% - 104.33% (25% chance to OHKO)
Vs Standard Feraligatr
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 0 HP/0 Def Feraligatr: 109.97% - 129.58% (Guaranteed OHKO)
Vs Standard Mandibuzz
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 252 HP/8 Def Mandibuzz: 76.42% - 90.8% ( OHKO After Stealth Rocks)
Vs Standard Defensive Poliwrath
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 252 HP/252 Def Poliwrath (+Def) : 66.41% - 78.65% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Moltres
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 0 HP/4 Def Moltres: 115.26% - 136.76% (Guaranteed OHKO)
Vs Standard Qwilfish -1 Attack
252 -1 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 252 HP/252 Def Qwilfish (+Def) : 59.28% - 70.06% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Omastar
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 0 HP/0 Def Omastar: 101.07% - 118.86% (Guaranteed OHKO)
Vs Standard Kabutops
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 0 HP/0 Def Kabutops: 125.29% - 148.66% (Guaranteed OHKO)

Ice Punch

Vs Standard Druddigon
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Ice Punch vs 252 HP/4 Def Druddigon: 57.54% - 68.16% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Roselia
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Ice Punch vs 252 HP/4 Def Eviolite Roselia: 77.3% - 91.45% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Lilligant
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Ice Punch vs 4 HP/0 Def Lilligant: 85.11% - 100.35% (6.25% chance to OHKO)

Earthquake

Vs Standard Aggron
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 252 HP/0 Def Aggron: 73.26% - 87.21% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 248 HP/0 Def Drapion: 56.56% - 67.06% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Entei
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 0 HP/0 Def Entei: 64.69% - 76.55% (OHKO After Stealth Rocks)
Vs Standard Klinklang
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 100 HP/0 Def Klinklang: 65.03% - 76.92% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Lanturn
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 40 HP/252 Def Lanturn: 57.36% - 67.83% (2 hits to KO)

Flamethrower

Vs Standard Tangrowth
0 SpAtk Electivire Flamethrower vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Tangrowth: 55.94% - 66.34% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Steelix
0 SpAtk Electivire Flamethrower vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Steelix: 63.92% - 75.6% (2 hits to KO)

This does not mention the various pokes it can easily OHKO that are faster than it. Though looking at these stats electivire can easily sweep if it gets a SD baton passed to it or if there are multiple entry hazards up, which is key to the success of electivire.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vs Standard Slowking
will not stay in on evire
Vs Standard Feraligatr
Vs Standard Mandibuzz
Vs Standard Defensive Poliwrath
Vs Standard Moltres
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Wild Charge vs 0 HP/4 Def Moltres: 115.26% - 136.76% (Guaranteed OHKO)
Vs Standard Qwilfish -1 Attack
Vs Standard Omastar
will not stay in on evire except after smash
Vs Standard Kabutops

Ice Punch

Vs Standard Druddigon
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Ice Punch vs 252 HP/4 Def Druddigon: 57.54% - will tank the ice punch and Outrage for the ko
Vs Standard Roselia
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Ice Punch vs 252 HP/4 Def Eviolite Roselia: 77.3% - 91.45% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Lilligant
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Ice Punch vs 4 HP/0 Def Lilligant: 85.11% - will have a quiver dance up if its stays in

Earthquake

Vs Standard Aggron
Vs Standard Drapion
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 248 HP/0 Def Drapion: 56.56% - 67.06% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Entei
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 0 HP/0 Def Entei: 64.69% - 76.55% (OHKO After Stealth Rocks)
Vs Standard Klinklang
will not stay in on evire, except after gear shift
Vs Standard Lanturn
252 Atk Electivire Earthquake vs 40 HP/252 Def Lanturn: 57.36% - 67.83% (2 hits to KO)

Flamethrower

Vs Standard Tangrowth
0 SpAtk Electivire Flamethrower vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Tangrowth: 55.94% - 66.34% (2 hits to KO)
Vs Standard Steelix
0 SpAtk Electivire Flamethrower vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Steelix: 63.92% - 75.6% (2 hits to KO)

A lot of those Pokemon really aren't beaten well by EVire, not an easy mon to teambuild around.

One of my personal favorite underrated threats:

Crustle @ Lum Berry
Sturdy
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

This thing kicks so much ass. After a Shell Smash, it even outspeeds +Speed Sceptile. OHKOes offensive Tangrowth (while defensive Tangrowth can't do anything back), OHKOes 252 HP Drapion, has a greater than 50% chance of OHKOing 40 HP Hitmonchan with a neutral attack...oh, and did I mention all of these are assuming just one smash and no hazards?

Practically guaranteed a kill per game. I've routinely had opponents assume it's a hazards variant and try to set up alongside it; one player even switched Natu into it (oh how I laughed at that one). Even without the element of surprise, there isn't much most opponents can do about it. Status? Lum Berry says hi. Overpowering it? Not with Sturdy you aren't. Substitute? Rock Blast laughs at you.

That said, it does have weaknesses. Rock Blast can occasionally get too few hits to KO a threat (or worse, miss altogether), and Tricking it is a quick way to neuter it. Priority can get around Sturdy, as can hazards (assuming the user doesn't just lead with it). Taunt and Encore are annoying, but can be dealt with by simply attacking for most common users of the moves.

Still, this is something I really don't see enough of. It badly needs more love.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The greatest set in RU, bar none. Makes Specs Slowking and Offensive Tangrowth run like sissy bitches.

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 76 HP/252 Special Attack/180 Speed
Modest Nature
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (grass)

This set is amazing. You're immune to Sleep, so you can come in on Tangrowth and Lilligant and Smeargle's Spore and laugh in their faces. From there, just pick an attack and watch things' HP drop. In my opinion, it's the best wallbreaker in RU because it dismantles the LO Tangrowth+Specs Slowking cores that are so popular right now. Specs Slowking is KO'd with a Fire Blast/Thunderbolt combo, and since you're not running Life Orb the opponent will nine times out of ten expect you to be Choiced. In fact, the ability to bluff a Choice Scarf set is a HUGE benefit for Magmortar.

The EVs are straightforward: You outspeed minimum Speed Cryogonal (with 4 EVs). I decided to keep Speed a little low even though you do outspeed some significant threats with more EVs. If you were to run maximum Speed, you would get the jump on Absol, Feraligatr (max Adamant), Klinklang, Gallade (max Adamant), Kabutops (max Adamant), Medicaham (max Adamant), and Mesprit (max non-speed boosting nature). However, I didn't think any of these threads were that important since Absol's pretty rare and uses priority anyway, Feraligatr's either Jolly or running Aqua Jet, Klinklang isn't doing jack shit to you, Gallade doesn't run 252 Adamant that often, Kabutops is either Jolly or Aqua Jetting, Medicham is usually Scarfed, and Mesprit is seen as often as Sewaddle. If you want to boost the Speed a little more, be my guest. I've always found the extra bulk pretty significant, especially since you're not running Life Orb and Magmortar has the Special bulk to take STAB Scalds from many bulky Waters.

But it's not Maggy's defensive capabilities that I'm trying to sell, it's the offense. Magmortar is the perfect wallbreaker with Stealth Rocks down. Let's look at the usage stats for May to see how this guy stands up:

It beats Cofagrigus 1v1 because the extra bulk allows it to always take two Cofagrigus Shadow Balls as long as Stealth Rock isn't down.

Specs Slowking is KO'd by Fire Blast+Thunderbolt, while defensive Slowking can't OHKO with Scald.

Sandslash (this is #3??) is ravaged by Fire Blast

Entei beats you, though it can't switch in a ton.

Drapion can't KO without Life Orb, while Magmortar CAN KO Drapion with Rocks (though it wants some extra help from Spikes)

Tangrowth is shat on.

Hitmonchan doesn't want to switch in.

etc. You get the point, not much can switch in. This Pokemon is an excellent wallbreaker and pairs up well with Spinners, a Hazard Pokemon, and a sweeper/s on an offensive team.

@Windsong: Just a note, but having used CM sigilyph a lot (and it is indeed excellent), you want to run HP ground over HP fighting. You don't really miss out on anything except the rare absol and you are granted a clean OHKO on 252/0 drapion with SR. I like roost myself as it lets you win CM wars but it's your set after all.

@detroitlolcat: LO growth+specsking isn't a defensive core, they are a bulky offensive core and being able to beat it while not being able to safely switch in isn't really a huge achievment IMO.

Anyway, on to my nomination.

Drapion @Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 HP
Battle Armour
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake

This set is beastly and a complete menace to offensive teams who lurk around every corner of the ladder. Drapion is often seen as a swords dancer or hazard setter, but CB is really dangerous in its own right. While it doesn't boast the "2hko nearly everything in the tier that doesn't 4x resist" of entei, drapion is equally effective due to its lack of SR weakness, STAB pursuit, and excellent bulk and typing, allowing it to easily switch in and threaten something several times throughout the game. Crunch and pursuit are obvious, hitting a lot of targets hard, 2hkoing a lot of pokemon in RU. Earthquake has excellent coverage alongside dark moves and can do some decent damage to Rhydon and steel types. Poison jab probably looks a little odd, but it allows drapion to 2HKO 252/252 tangrowth after SR.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well, there hasnt been much activity in the past day so im going to make my own nom

GOD Drifblim (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Disable
- Will-O-Wisp

This set is just amazing, although at first GOD drifblim looks like a mild mannered baloon that can be popped with even the weakest attack, this set is an excellent hazards abuser, subdisable user, and can even spinblock your hazards to an extent if need be. When you first send in GOD Drifblim, its usually against a spinner that didnt hit you on the switch such as hitmonchan/cryogonal, or a mon that cant do much damage to GOD Drifblim. At this point GOD Drifblim can either set up a substitute to scout, or unleash a powerful Flying Gem boosted acrobatics, while also activating Unburden which doubles GOD Drifblim's speed. now this is where the fun starts, ever seen subdisable gengar in OU? Drifblim has almost identical resistances courtesy of its ghost/flying typing, meaning that a lot of pokemon only have one move that can hit it hard, combined with its now ridiculous speed and resistance to mach punch, GOD Drifblim can force many switches. This leaves your opponent being forced to switch out and take hazard damage as driflbim either sets up another substitute or uses acrobatics, GOD Drifblim can also use Will-O-Wisp to cripple a dangerous sweeper such as feraligatr or crawdaunt before going down, the burn can also mean that a weaker physical attacker can no longer break GOD drifblims substitute, thus forcing another switch into entry hazards. Overall this is an excellent set on spikestacking teams as an offensive spinblocker, but can also function on tons of other teams too ^.^.

artwork is by jelli btw ^.^

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It seems everyone started out by posting very offensive sets, so I'll be the first to post a more defensive set and one of my own creations that eventually Molk got passed QC. Desperately in need of a good Ghost-type Pokemon, a Ground-type immunity, and a way to beat strong Flying-type Pokemon such as Swellow and Braviary I struggled at first to find the right suitor. That is until someone recommended me to use SubSplit Rotom to try and beat Honchkrow. The next morning as I read this recommendation, I had the random idea to make a defensive set on Rotom and found the perfect EVs and ran many calcs and finally found the Pokemon for the job. Of course with no more Honchkrow, Rotom is free to run less speed EVs, but that's besides the point.

With an excellent typing and ability giving it many resistances and immunities while providing great offensive coverage, Rotom is set to make an impact in the RU metagame. Easily defeating AFROBULL one on one, Fighting-type Pokemon, and every single Physical Flying-type Pokemon usable in RU along with along a myriad of other Pokemon such as Sandslash gives the set enough incentive to be used.

Rotom

~EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
~Nature: Bold ~Ability: Levitate

- Will-O-Wisp / Pain Split / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

The above spread gives Rotom the ability to outspeed positive natured max investment base 55 Pokemon such as Crawdaunt, Omastar, and AFROBULL so you can smash them before they can even touch Rotom.

252 Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 41.12% - 48.36% (3 hits to KO)
~An immensely strong hitter outside and Rotom is the safest switch against it in RU. Not even Steelix is safe against it due to Superpower.

252 Atk Guts Swellow Brave Bird vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 31.91% - 37.83% (3-4 hits to KO)
~Fast and strong, but not a big deal at all to Rotom

252 Atk Bouffalant (+Atk) Megahorn vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 18.42% - 22.04% (6-8 hits to KO)
~AFROBULL, ;_;

252 Atk Archeops Stone Edge vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 50.33% - 59.54% (2-3 hits to KO)
~Checking strong as hell Pokemon is fun

252 Atk Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 41.45% - 48.68% (3 hits to KO)
~Flying-types vs Rotom was never a good idea to begin with, sir

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Gallade Psycho Cut vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 84.87% - 99.67% (2 hits to KO)
~A huge powerhouse, but not enough for Rotom to live and burn it. The more common SubBulk sets can't do much at all to Rotom.

252 Atk Life Orb Feraligatr (+Atk) Waterfall vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 47.37% - 55.59% (2-3 hits to KO)
~Die GATR TIME, die

252 Atk Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 48.36% - 57.24% (2-3 hits to KO)
~No spinning allowed!!

252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs 252 HP/208 Def Rotom (+Def) : 48.68% - 57.24% (2-3 hits to KO)
~Just for fun :)

I'd like to use:

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Jolly - Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Horn Leech
- Baton Pass

God this thing is incredible. His STAB moves have great coverage, it can come in on loads of walls, Grass/Ghost-type moves and kick butt. When the going gets tough Sawsbuck can simply pass his boosts to another physical attacker and keep up the offensive momentum.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
just letting everyone know that we are moving on to voting in 48 hours, if you have a set, now is the time to post it!

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

I propose we start this team off with Kabutops, imo one of the best spinners as well as sweepers in the tier. After this thing grabs an SD, it can tear through unprepared teams with its good STABs plus access to priority. Not only does this sweep, it can reliably spin due to it OHKOing two common spin blockers after Stealth Rock: Cofagrigus and Rotom. Due to being able to spin incredibly proficiently this opens up teammate options that don't particularly like Stealth Rock, such as Moltres, Entei, or Magmortar. Below are some key damage calcs proving the value of Kabutops.

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/0 Def Cofagrigus: 96.88% - 114.38% (81.25% chance to OHKO)

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 0 HP/0 Def Rotom: 88.38% - 103.73% (25% chance to OHKO)

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Rotom (+Def) : 119.74% - 141.12% (Guaranteed OHKO)

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 112 HP/0 Def Tangrowth: 95.93% - 113.01% (75% chance to OHKO)

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 252 HP/96 Def Steelix (+Def) : 45.76% - 53.39% (2-3 hits to KO)

252 +2 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Spiritomb (+Def) : 96.05% - 113.49% (75% chance to OHKO)

252 +1 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Qwilfish (+Def) : 82.93% - 97.9% (2 hits to KO)

252 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 0 HP/0 Def Drapion: 70.46% - 83.27% (2 hits to KO)

252 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 0 HP/0 Def Drapion: 28.83% - 33.45% (3-4 hits to KO)

252 Atk Life Orb Kabutops (+Atk) Aqua Jet vs 0 HP/0 Def Moltres: 59.81% - 70.09% (2 hits to KO)

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
Chlorophyll
-Leaf Storm
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fire
-Sleep Powder

Specseggutor hits like a bulldozer. With Choice Specs, a Modest nature, max SpA EVs, and a base 125 Special Attack, nothing likes to switch in on this thing. Leaf Storm is its most powerful STAB attack, leaving a dent in anything that it hits. Psychic is another great STAB choice that doesn't lower its Special Attack, while HP Fire offers good coverage. Sleep Powder sets it apart from other Specs users in the tier; even would-be counters are cautious of switching in on a Sleep Powder, as they'll be left crippled for the rest of the battle. Granted, it's not a great move to be locked on thanks to sleep clause, but its overall usefulness makes it a valuable option. Exeggutor is truly an underrated, potent threat in RU.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
Archeops!

Archeops is a unique Pokemon that requires team support and can devastate teams if it gets that support. Definitely a great 'mon to build a team around!

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Ability: Defeatist
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake
-U-turn / Stone Edge
-Roost / Stone Edge

Archeops's frailty and ability mean that it requires significant support to work. However, with its new move Roost, and signature Attack stat, Archeops can really wreck havoc with just its STABs. It mows down Tan-King and OTR Cofagrigus just helps it with Mummy. Flying Gem Acrobatics destroys anything that doesn't resist it while Earthquake takes down Rock, Steel, and Electric-types. U-turn scouts while Stone Edge is secondary STAB although Acrobatics and Earthquake already have neutral coverage on almost everything. Roost to keep Archeops healthy and above Defeatist, however, if we are not using new moves than Stone Edge can work as well.

I got two sets that I wanna use, one is for BW2 metagame if you wanna allow that set, then use it. But if you don't just use the other one dgf

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
This set is gonna be pretty boss for BW2. It'll be like NU Shelgon but better since its fraxure. The only things that really wall this are Aggron and probably some other bulky bulky steel that I can't think of. Alternate EVs could be used to put more into bulk rather than Attack and Speed.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Okay 48 Hours are up! i think that its time to get to the voting stage!

Rules
1)You may only vote for ONE set, so choose wisely, if you vote for more than one person your vote wont be counted, so plz obey the rules so your favorite set can win =P.

2) NO VOTING FOR YOUR OWN SET OR YOU WILL GET INFRACTED js

Voting will take 48 hours

Nominations:

Choice Band Muk by Lars

Hone Claws Aerodactyl by Texas

subSD AFROBULL by Dittocrow

taunt+DD Fraxure by Dittocrow

Subroost Moltres By Trollfreak

Chestorest Poliwrath by Sound

Noobvire by Bigblue

Shell Smash Crustle by Malkyrian and Tiffanyy

Calm Mind Sigilyph by Windsong

Expert Belt Magmortar by DetroitLolcat

Choice Band Drapion by spuds4ever

GOD by Molk

Defensive Rotom by Ebeast

BP Sawsbuck by Cherub Agent

Swords Dance Kabutops by soviet

Specs Exeggutor by Jellicent

Archeops by Endorfins

DD restalk Fraxure by tiffanyy

ill start off this stage by voting for

Defensive Rotom

Defensive Rotom is a very effective status spreader and spinblocker, using its great resistances and immunities to turn its mediocre defenses into something to be reckoned with, its also pretty easy to force switches with it so yeah.

Lolcat's Magmortar

Magmortar is a really good pokemon imo, with great offenses backing up supreme coverage. It's just really hard to switch in things not named Flareon, which can easily be handled by hazards. Imo it's a good way to start off a team with a powerful hitter like this.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
I want TrollFreak's SubRoost Moltres but we have to run Hurricane>air slash

Edit: Are we allow to change sets due to the releases of BW2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)