OU Metagame Teams Generalization

I am doing this thread to try to simplify and summarize the main teams in use in the current metagame.
Project:
Make a brief description(1 or 2 paragraphs, 5 lines each) of each team, detailing its main Pokémon used and their main strategies.
I wish I had some help to describe each one, so fell free if you want to describe one and then I edit it on the main thread.

Teams:

• Sun Offense:
The Sun offense team is based to focus on Clorophyll users and Fire Attacks(that are boosted by the Sun). The main objective of this team is to maintain the weather so that, several supports can be used, such as Dugtrio, Magma Trap Heatran, Rapid Spinners. Ninetales as the sun summoner is like a staple that needs to be used on every Sun Offense team. There are a lot of Clorophyll users, like Venusaur and Lilligant, and other pokémons that are common is this kind team, such as Victini, Volcarona, Darmanitan, Espeon. Dragon pokémons are used often is this team too as Steel, the only type that resist Dragon-type Attacks, is weak to fire.
>Common Pokémons:
-Drought: Ninetales
-Supports: Dugtrio, Wobbuffet, Espeon, Forretress, Donphan, Heatran
-Sweepers/Others: Venusaur, Lilligant, Sawsbuck, Volcarona, Darmanitan, Dragonite, Salamence

>Threats:
-Weather Wars: Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Politoed.
-Stealth Rock and other Hazzards.
  • Sun Stall:
- Dark Nikuman (placeholder)
  • Deoxys-D/Azelf + HO teams:
-
  • DragMag/Dragon teams:
-
  • Sand Stall:
-

• Sand Offense:
-

• Rain Stall:
-

• Rain Offense:
-

• Full Stall:
- Cherub Agent (placeholder)
  • Volt-Turn:
-
  • Smash Pass:
-

• Hail:
-

hm of course it is something in a way similar, but this one is not a tip for teams, it's just an analyse of the metagame with the most popular ones.

sun stall:

Sun stall like every stall is based on undirect damages, (status spam, hazard,...), but why sun ?
The sun provides recovery that are increbible 2/3 of the health healed, pokemon like cresselia under sun are nearly unbreakable.
In the sun stall there are some original things like Exeggutor and Tropius that thanks to them ability can have unlimited subs, paired with leech seed it forces a lot of switches, so they are perfect for a sun stall.
The rest is pretty standard and useless, rapid spinners, anti-spinner,etc...

So if there is something to add please contact me.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope someone is going to correct this.

should'nt SmashPass be changed to Baton Pass?
No, SmashPass is more focused on Shell Smash rather than on the chain.

As this is thread is about the whole OU metagame, why not include other teamstyles such as Hyper Offense or Stall Baton Pass?

No, SmashPass is more focused on Shell Smash rather than on the chain.

As this is thread is about the whole OU metagame, why not include other teamstyles such as Hyper Offense or Stall Baton Pass?
Hyper Offense should be included, but Stall Baton Pass? What on earth is that?

Stall Baton Pass? What on earth is that?
I've faced some of them these days. Basically a 3-4 poke chain relying on defensive boosts but also on Speed, and can easily avoid traps that usually block chains (eg. Perish Song, Roar). Once the defensive boosts are up (generally +6 Def +6 SpD), you pass to a strong attacker. It's damn easy to stop these team, but are mention-worthy imho

Asek

Banned deucer.
HO is there if you looked close enough. SmashPass is still a baton pass based strategy and there are always other set up moved that are passed that aren't as common. Anyway for a DragMag summary
4Drag2Mag is a strategy that revolves around the use of Poweful dragons to demolish the enemy (Drag). Of course, the one obstacle to a dragon sweep is a Steel type. This is where Magnezone / Magneton steps in to support the team and trap and eliminate the Steel type with Magnet Pull (Mag). Common Dragon types used Include Haxorus, Latios , Dragonite and Salamence who pave the way for each other to sweep with their powerful attacks.
> Common Pokemon:
Magnet Pull: Magnezone, Magneton
Dragons: Latios , Haxorus , Salamence , Dragonite
Support: Mamoswine, Dugtrio
> Threats:
Arena Trap : Dugtrio
Steels : Heatran , Shed Shell equipped Steels
Opposing Dragons / Mamoswine
Here is a link to a succesful DragMag team by PK gaming and Jabba the Griffen which is something to model your team around if you like the idea
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3448743

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I've run almost nothing but Sand Offense since the early days of Gen IV. I think that's sufficient experience.

I'll consider writing one of these.

Voltturn isn't a playstyle on it's own, it's incorporated into all kinds of them. There's a sand version of it, a Deo-D version, a rain version etc. Also, Smashpass doesn't really exist anymore and IMO definitely isn't a top playstyle. Hail isn't bad but it isn't the best so I'd remove that too. Full stall is almost always just rain stall but you could still make a good case for it. Otherwise it looks like all of the main playstyles are there.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Deoxys-D Volt-turn

Core Pokemon: Scizor, Rotom-w, Deoxys-D

Other Common Pokemon: Latios, Dragonite, Salamence, Terrakion, Lucario, Gengar

This variation of Volt-turn Offense features an aggressive entry hazard plan that maximizes the penalty the opponent suffers for switching out of Scizor and Rotom-w. Deoxys-D can beat some Rapid Spinners with Taunt and a Rocky Helmet, and opposing hazard users are too slow to move before Deoxys-D can Taunt them. With your side of the field clear, Scizor and Rotom-w can switch in and out indefinitely as the opponent's team crumbles.

The core is backed up by aggressive sweepers that take advantage of Deoxys-d's entry hazards, blasting the opponent's walls and eventually through the rest of the team. The fluid nature of the Volt-turn strategy combined with high powered pokemon makes certain that the opponent rarely gets a free turn to set-up. If they do manage to set-up, strong priority moves can prevent them from sweeping the whole team. Eventually Scizor can clear away the fragments of the opponent's team with Bullet Punch, or a strong Choice Scarf abuser like Salamence or Terrakion can sweep cleanly through weakened opponents.

Threats: Gliscor, Starmie, Landorus, Skarmory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)