Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except at that point in the game it was impossible to take down Miltank before she could sweep your team with Rollout unless you were overleveled.
By the time you're at the 8th gym you should have plenty of ways to OHKO everything he can throw at you, unless the gym leader happens to have pokemon that cover his primary weaknesses. The less pokemon he has, the higher the chances he won't be able to do so.
Yeah, but at this stage of Pokes, especially with the advent of older region pokes coming in, how often would the 8th gym be a challenge anyway?

Hell, overall, the only 8th gym I struggled with, and consider the fact that I'm absolutely HORRID at In-Game (well, I'm not much better overall in Pokemon), was Juan in Emerald, and that's just because his Kingdra was a dick.

But yeah, if people are complaining, then show how you'd build your own Eighth Gym, while going under the rules that all the pokes have to share a Typing and have to share at least one TM move of said typing (which will mostly likely be their main STAB), Levels and other things within reason as well.

Agreed. :( ...at least she has the opportunity to live up to her title of Batman, now, without her special powers! :P

On-topic: I know most of the new 'Dex has yet to be revealed, but, so far, what monsters are you all looking forward to having on your BW2 teams? Mine's currently something like this (I even gave 'em nicknames already! Can you guess the theme?):

Snivy - Emile
Azurill - Devin
Riolu - Giancarlo
Growlithe - Rodri
Magnemite - Brax
...and a currently undetermined HM slave named STEVE. :P
I MUST HAVE A GROWLITHE ASAP. Lucky for me, Tachiwaki Complex seems to be pretty close to the beginning of the game. The rest will just be spontaneous, of-the-moment, stuff... minus most of what I used in BW1.

breh

強いだね
Oh I see his dad works for Nintendo. It's cool guys, totes legit
You found TropiOUs!

Agreeing that Magnemite is cool. This game is actually shaping up to be like XD (which is one of my favorite Pokemon games) - essentially, they give you good Pokemon to start with (for example, the first thing you're told to catch in XD is a Teddiursa with Return as a purification move.. far from the Patrats, Zigzagoons, and Rattatas of other games; I realize they give you junk sometimes, but at others, they give you fantastic Pokemon like Spheal, Houndour, Mareep... etc. earlygame) and ramp up the trainer prowess to compensate.

Fail troll is fail. Go take trolling lessons, good sir.
Someone needs to take lessons on learning to take a joke. Starting to wish there was a way to ignore posts by members because I cringe ever time I've seen any by this person. Don't wish to sound too rude, but I mean I do want that feature in many instances I've seen some annoying posts (Asking when released 3 times)? Apologize if this comes out as an insult, it isn't intended to really.

In other news I advise believing none of the leaks without sources, some really ridiculous stuff is cropping up right now (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina in game because some guy saw the video of Keldeo vs. Dialga in one of the advertisments and he knows a guy who works at nintendo).

I already am set to get my copy of Japanese BW2 to use on Jap DS. Getting excited.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That said, Serebii announced on GameFAQs that you can link your games together (the B/W1, I believe) to trigger certain events. I'm hoping that the Champ turns out to be your BW1 PC if you do so. They DO keep your initial team separate from the 'standard' Hall of Fame.
Huh. Wouldn't the initial team be... your starter?

I doubt they could do that for the BW2 champion, because you don't even have to go back and beat the E4 and Champion after the main storyline in BW1. Though it could check to see if the BW1 cart has that Game Clear team and make a battleable NPC with it (in your secret base maybe???)

canno

formerly The Reptile
If the BW PC becomes the champion/battling NPC, then they will most likely just search for the starter you used and base a team around that (i.e. if you chose Tepig in BW the team would be Emboar, Simisage, a Water-type and 3 other filler mon. Hell, maybe even the legendary that you caught in BW could be there), since it's much simpler and not as easy to abuse (and if there is no game to scan, it'll either pick the unused starter in BW2 or the starter that is SE against you)

Also, wild ass speculation, but what if Ghetsis (or, more realistically, one of the sages) is the Champion? Like, what if Ghetsis' side of Team Plasma is trying to take over Unova by using more realistic measures of conquest like influencing political/governmental bodies (E4) rather than to straight up fight everything for power. Considering what Ghetsis has done in BW, I wouldn't be surprised. Meanwhile, N's side of Team Plasma broke off Evil Team Plasma because they truly believe what they preach and don't agree with Ghetsis. So kind of like a rebel group or something.There is of course no facts to back this up, so it most likely won't happen, but if it does, you heard it here first (as far as I know). I find this at least a bit more plausible than N being the champion (imo, he's most likely going to be an optional "boss" NPC like Steven or Cynthia in BW if anything).

If the BW PC becomes the champion/battling NPC, then they will most likely just search for the starter you used and base a team around that (i.e. if you chose Tepig in BW the team would be Emboar, Simisage, a Water-type and 3 other filler mon. Hell, maybe even the legendary that you caught in BW could be there), since it's much simpler and not as easy to abuse (and if there is no game to scan, it'll either pick the unused starter in BW2 or the starter that is SE against you)
If it goes by First Game Clear, it's not easy to abuse at all.

canno

formerly The Reptile
If it goes by First Game Clear, it's not easy to abuse at all.
It could be, since (might just be me, however) some people use weaker pokemon to train them up, even in the first run (I definitely did) while using something a bit more powerful to help them train. And what about people who just clean sweep with one overleveled pokemon and a shit ton of items? It's possible for the player to do it, since they have atleast some competence (and item spam. AI do too, but they give up after a while), but an AI would fail. I might just be over thinking the possibilities though. It's definitely not the easiest thing to abuse, but it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)