Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

I am so very confused on Red's scum faction theory. Could someone explain how we have orcinus/Jalmont/Paperblade maf? Red/Walrein I get, but Itchni is connected how?

I would also like to point out that AG's reasoning doesn't make sense. He agrees with Red's scumfactions, and yet lists itchni as mafia and rediamond as...village?

And um I'd like to hear itchni's defense first before lynching him.
The Orcinus/Jalmont/Paperblade was, of course, what Red said. Not me, I was just quoting since it seemed important. I don't agree with that one.

Congrats on butchering my post.
1) agreeing with scumfactions: I paid no attention to that whatsoever when coming to my decision. If he's village, then I'll give his suggestion more credence. Upon reflection, it seems I came to a somewhat similar conclusion as he did, independently of his post.
2) I do not list Rediamond unilaterally as village. It is contingent upon Itchni and Walrein not being mafia. I name him as suspicious if either or both are.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
So, Aura Guardian, you agree with itchni lynch today? And I would just like to say that I still don't see any defense of Walrein before walrein's post as logically valid and as anything other than trying to save a scumbuddy. I find Red's buddying more scummy than Walrein.

I mean, BT put ullarwarlord as innocent child soooooooo

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
##Unvote
##Vote Itchni

For the record, this isn't me wagon-hopping since I've been calling iTchni out for a while now.

Also, Cereza and DLE and coolking and shinyskarm should post now. I can see all of you lurkers

...I need a number of hours to figure out what to do about Jalmont, although I think he's mocking my post.

It's late and I Just got done with a lot of cleaning, but I'll post.

The basis is that it would be entirely possible, and even a good strategy, for the Mafia to push for a bandwagon lynch on a vet early game to shut them up and seperate the village from a good player. They could then claim random luck. Now, if Walrein did flip village, the possibility of that bandwagon being more than random chance would exist, making that group a possible scum faction. With all of that said, it would not make anything certain, but it would make one of you a good inspection target to test my theory.

The second faction scenario is that Walrein didn't have to risk screwing up because Itchini and myself tried to shift the bandwagon away. If Walrein flipped scum, it could be worth investigating the other two.

That said, as much as I would love to not deal with pr777, I do not support the lynch... yet. I am much more fearful of inactive scum than active scum. Capefeather and Cereza's silence, along with other users, is quite disturbing. I highly suggest that the pr bandwagon be shifted onto one of these users until either time requires pushing it over majority, or they start actively contributing.

That is all.

gdi OD

Anyway, something that a lot of people need to do: If you think someone is scummy/townie due to a post, say something. Just say, "I liked/disliked what USER said in POST because REASON." This is probably the most important thing you can do because it gives people something to look back on if you die. You should do this for pretty much everything unless you have a very good reason not to (usually if it's just something that rubs you the wrong way because of a role unless it's something like someone claiming Doctor when you are the Doctor).

I dislike lynching idiots on the basis that they're idiots because being an idiot isn't indicative of alignment since people can be illogical/wrong as town too, or else we'd never mislynch. However, that said I do agree with the Itchni lynch a bit since his attitude is legitimately detrimental to the town and he waffled between "NOC is entirely luck and we should let the cop do all of our work for us" (which is terrible and stupid) to "Day 1 is entirely luck and we should just get it over with." The first is questionable because if you really think this, why sign up at all? It seems pointless to play if you're just going to bitch about the game not taking any skill. The second is bad because it is just wrong. We get information for future days by talking on Day 1. If we all just silently voted for someone and got them lynched, on Day 2 we would be RIGHT back where we are now except with the lynched townie and the nightkilled townie dead and some night results that may not help.

I feel like due to your sudden shift in beliefs that you may not actually believe what you are saying and are mafia trying to stifle discussion, especially since you never actually defended your belief that NOC is luck when OD and I attacked you for it.

The bandwagon did happen while I was typing.

Umm... can we just pretend that I never associated him with me? Out of suspicious users, he's one that I really don't want to discuss, as he seems to have an attitude that's really overly cautious. I think that he's so committed to not mislynching that he's in a spot where he's unable to really do much beyond ineffective positions that are extremely liable to shift.

This is bad. Especially in a game where everyone gave the obligatory 'lol play bold' remark. I'm not convinced that he's scum, but its probably the best that we're going to get on a day of glorified shots in the dark. That said, I want to see more inactives post before we do the lynch.

Cereza is where I want to start, with Darkpenguin and ShinySkarmory after. Cereza has made no serious commitments, but posted a lot. This shows that the "I didn't have time" argument doesn't hold, and possibly indicates a scummy user trying to slip under the radar by having people see lots of posts.

Darkpenguin and ShinySkarmory, for all the suspicion they've garnered, have seen quite content to slip out of the radar. While I actually find ShinySkarmory to be reasonably active, its not likely someone could be too active to be of benefit this early in the game.

Coolking49 is usually more active than this, I can't comment on the rest as I don't think I've played a game with them. Either way, those four I want to see more of. I would be fine lynching Cereza unless a solid post is provided within 12 hours.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Oh god, I have no idea what jalmont is talking about

Sorry I haven't post much, I was at work :y

I want to say that I'm a really quiet player, like really, so the fact that people are calling me out because of it is a little-what's the word?-ridiculous?.

Right now I'm going to ##vote: Jalmont because he's clearly causing confusion and chaos among the town, which only benefits the mafia.

Yeah I'm sorry for not being that active. I haven't played in a while AND this is my first not-trolly mafia (the consequences of which I seem to have underestimated) AND I tend to be pretty quiet in general regardless of faction. I know I should change this because it's not really good strategy, but at the same time, I sometimes blunder when I talk even if I am townie. I wouldn't be surprised if I blundered here already and this is the basis behind people kind of looking at me right now.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be more active in this mafia. This is also for my own benefit, since right now I just agree with the flavour of the hour

##Unvote
##Vote Itchni

and I think I'd be better off not being handheld.

My god has mafia changed in 2 years, I never thought i would get lynched for acting like a villager and bandwagoning with the rest of the village. Yes I was bandwagoning but I had made my intentions clear before there was even a bandwagon to begin with.

My Defence:

First day is completely luck. I will stand by this to the end because it is. Honestly if I'm going to be accused of Mafia for voting with the majority with my intentions clear from the start, then go ahead and lynch me. My notion to not reach majority was about security. Losing a good role in the village will stunt us for the rest of the game and lynching a vanilla townie randomly will negate that. And yes it was always a notion. I threw the idea out but I was not going to follow it unless it had popular appeal.

I also had a reason to end the day quickly. People were arguing about nothing and creating bitterness. This admittedly happened to me in some wrestling mafia game 2 years ago and it made us lose 2 townies the first lynch period.

There's no point to reading too deeply into anyone first day. We aren't even sure how/if/when mafia can contact eachother privately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)