Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I give your defense a C-
See: Aura Guardian's read, Paperblade and my comments on your luck mindset, and...well, last two pages actually.

Let's lynch him. 3 votes left.

Questionnaire time!
1. How do you think you can deduce someones allegiance with no concrete evidence?
2. Do you think guesswork is an efficient strategy in mafia games?
3. Do you prefer peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and nutella sandwiches
4. Are you an archaeologist? Because I have a big bone to inspect.
5. Please respond.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Questionnaire time!
1. How do you think you can deduce someones allegiance with no concrete evidence?
3. Do you prefer peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and nutella sandwiches
5. Please respond.
1. by looking at what people are saying both in and out of context and deducing when someone doesnt have the best interests of the village at heart
2. educated guesses are perfectly fine as long as they're actually educated
3. fuck nutella
4. is that a pickaxe in your pocket or are you just happy to see me
5. no

The more I think about it the more I think Itchni is town that is going to be lynched for having a dumb opinion. My logic is basically "If he were mafia they would have told him to shut up and take it back by now"

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't want to lynch itchni yet. I want him to give him a couple of days so that I can get a better read on him. He is definitely quite suspicious though. However, I want all votes off of him ASAP. Lynching someone so active d1 is detrimental to the town.

Da Letter El

I'll do some detective work in my next post, but for now,

##Vote Darkpenguin67

IMO this is our best shot at either scum or non-contributive town.

Here are his posts:

First two posts were fine, nothing worth c/ping. Only thing worth noting is his belief that there were 5 mafia or 4 mafia and a wolf and thinking there were 19 players. Not something to call foul on.

First comes something that jalmont notes in his taking a long time to post. Often times, mafia dwell on their posts to make sure that they don't mess something up. While I wasn't around to see it personally, it is a good sign and something to keep in mind.

I was not completely focus on that post for an entire hour, I was doing other stuff as well. I was also trying to get some reads (pretty unsuccessfully). I generally think its hard to read people on Day 1. I decided to vote Walrein because he should probably explain himself ASAP. Also minor correction to my former post is that its probably 13 village 4 maf. Not sure why I though there was 19 people.
While probably true to an extent, it raises doubts, and he does confirm that he was watching the thread for an extended period of time.

I agree with Rediamond that we shouldn't lynch the active users. Also I tend to be more cowardly as much as I think we should play boldly (as contradictory as that is). Walrein/rediamond scumbuddies is possible, but rediamond's defense is logical.
wishy-washy tone. Nothing definitive, as it can be evidence of inexperience or simply a lack of care about the game. Seemed to grab onto something that sounded reasonably like a defense that someone else made. Makes sense given his situation. Mostly a null-read with a slight scum lean, and a definite non-contributor.

Ok here are a some notes so far on some people:

Pokemonrocks777: While he hasn't said anything useful, we might want to be careful before we assume hes town because of past mafia performances, but i understand logic.

Itchni: He seems to think that we should just lynch someone just to get Day 1 over with and I haven't seen much from him apart from that. It would be great if you could elaborate a bit more on your views.

Also ##Unvote since Walrein has explained himself.
Itchni post makes me think that he sees his mafia partners pushing itchni and wants to throw some support behind it. One reason I don't like an itchni lynch is how often this happens from other players. In addition, the procks thing is literally the most unhelpful and passive thing he could say. He singles out a few people to try to appear as though he's contributing and says literally nothing. The walrein unvote is fine.

On Day 1 if there is no majority a random vanillager is lynched. I agree PR is probably our best bet as far as a lynch target goes, its probably better than taking chances with a random lynch. ##Vote Pokemonrocks777
Grabs onto the procks lynch. Fits with his previous "hey he might be mafia" post. Does have consistency.

Not 100% HEY I AM MAFIA LOOK AT ME sort of posting, but definitely someone I think deserves to be lynched.

Da Letter El

Questionnaire time!
5. Please respond.
1. You look at the way that people react to certain lynch targets, who they focus their talking towards, and their playstyle, to name a few things. It is very possible to get a decent lynch target together on day 1. Just not in 72 fucking hours.

2. Mafia really is glorified guessing when it comes down to it. Often times, I make judgment calls on rands just by how an alias has or hasn't posted on an anonymous forum, to give an example.

3. Nutella is excellent. Jelly is less good. Guess.

4. Nope.

5. Ok

Itchni, what do you think of Paperblade? Please try to go through and look through some of the things I've mentioned: who he focuses on, who he doesn't, etc. Hopefully using his posts as an example, since he's posted a lot, might help you to understand how to make use of day 1.

Da Letter El

AS A HINT TO ALL PLAYERS WHO WANT TO MAKE READS ON PEOPLE

You can go to advanced search and search by a person's username in this thread to see all posts that this user has made. It makes it much easier for you to focus on one person at a time. However, just because you did this for once person, doesn't mean that you shouldn't do this with others. Don't get tunnel vision on one person or you'll end up like unclesam and galladiator did in day 1 of that other NOC that I was in, desktop dungeons.

im not trolling I really am mafia along with shinyskarmory, coolking, cereza, and capefeather
Damn it man, you really have to go rat us all out /kidding

I have a lot of difficulty understanding why past game alliances factor in to current game alliances.
Amen

After reading through the thread since I last posted, I feel like Walrein's defense is solid enough that we shouldn't lynch him. I think that the reason we were lynching Walrein is the same reason Pokemonrocks is suspicious, because he hasn't much of use. In the end, if it comes to it, I'd rather lynch him than get a random vanilla killed, but we still have time to find a good suspect.

Aura Guardian makes some good points, and I wholeheartedly agree with his assessment. Itchni has been hypocritical, to some extent, and his insistence to get day 1 over with with a rand seems scummy because that's what the Mafia wants, to get a villager lynched.

DP needs to post more with more substance. I may have not posted much til date, but at least my posts have something in them, unlike the vague remarks which these are:
1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
Bold because otherwise we will get nowhere.
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
I'd be a little suspicious but for the most part I'd trust him.
3). What do you think game setup is?
I'd assume 14 village with 4 mafia/1 wolf or 5 mafia.
I'm not seeing anything very scummy in Rediamond from his recent posts, and wouldn't be my first choice for a lynch today.
Coolking49 is usually more active than this, I can't comment on the rest as I don't think I've played a game with them.
Have I played a game with you? I haven't played in a while, and although I can't claim to be very busy right now, it seems like when I am free nothing happens and when I'm sleeping everyone posts, which is probably why I'm probably going to end up having one big post like this every day or so.

Thoughts in bold:
My god has mafia changed in 2 years, I never thought i would get lynched for acting like a villager and bandwagoning with the rest of the village. Yes I was bandwagoning but I had made my intentions clear before there was even a bandwagon to begin with.

no one is lynching you for bandwagoning. or at least, I'm not. Hell, we could lynch anyone by that logic

My Defence:

First day is completely luck. I will stand by this to the end because it is. Honestly if I'm going to be accused of Mafia for voting with the majority with my intentions clear from the start, then go ahead and lynch me. My notion to not reach majority was about security. Losing a good role in the village will stunt us for the rest of the game and lynching a vanilla townie randomly will negate that. And yes it was always a notion. I threw the idea out but I was not going to follow it unless it had popular appeal.

by this logic we shouldn't lynch until mylo. If you aren't willing to accept the fact that there is a risk involved in lynching, you would never lynch. The chances of us lynching a power role is lower than the chance of us lynching mafia (assuming 4 mafia and 4 people with real roles, one of whom is clean). Keep that in mind. Not to mention that if someone with a power role is acting scummy, chances are we would lynch him day 2 any ways. Now think about it from a mafia perspective. They know that we would be better off trying to lynch one of them, and needless to say don't want us to try. They are safe that way. You are saying exactly what a mafia member would say, which is why I find you suspicious.

I also had a reason to end the day quickly. People were arguing about nothing and creating bitterness. This admittedly happened to me in some wrestling mafia game 2 years ago and it made us lose 2 townies the first lynch period.

I'm pretty sure ending the day quick would mean getting fewer reads on mafia members AND lynching someone, which would be hypocritical, since I thought you were against lynching anyone. Unless you want everyone to vote no lynch.
Also, trying a lame questionnaire isn't going to take attention off you

Also, has anyone else noticed that in his 3 posts, vintage books has said literally nothing of use? FoS: Vintage books

I don't want to lynch itchni yet. I want him to give him a couple of days so that I can get a better read on him. He is definitely quite suspicious though. However, I want all votes off of him ASAP. Lynching someone so active d1 is detrimental to the town.
Got it, lynching active mafia members day 1 is bad for the town. Last I checked we only have 15 or so hours left to lynch (someone said 22 ours a while back, right?), so while I agree we should usually wait until the end of the day to lynch, its getting pretty damn close to that point. Tell me, DLE, if you had to lynch some one right now, with the deadline 10 minutes away, who would you pick? Or would you let a rand get killed? I don't think we have time to find anyone else with this much evidence on them. And unless we get an extension in time, at which point i'd like to get more info on everyone, I'm going to vote, finally.

##vote Itchni

My interpretation on Paperblade (please do my questionnaire paperblade)

Post 1: Nothing here except the first vote to Walrein This makes me look a bit suspicious with Paperblade defending me, I will admit this.

Post 2: I agree with him about the composition, I'm still not opinionated at whether theres a wolf or not. Unless mafia and wolf shares killing privileges. Rest of the post doesn't really move me in any way. meh

Post 3: snarky. i like it.

Post 4: After reviewing everything that has gone on I think I may have been wrong on the whole luck thing. Paperblade might be right on this one.

Post 5: Again I like the snarky response

Post 6: This. Don't actually answer my questions guys, unless you want to for fun. My questions were a sort of defense against my mafia accusitions. I think that questionnaires are stupid

7,8,9,10: snarky, walrein vote and more snarky

11: no comment

12: no comment

13: I don't know how I missed this post, i've been a bit off in terms of sleep tonight but I'm clear now and I read the post thoroughly. It's obviously that initially we had conflicting ideas about NOC day 1 and I think I've been convinced that this game can develop quite a bit during day 1. I was never trying to stifle discussion, I just honestly never thought it would take us anywhere. I see how retarded this is now.

Its obvious now that page 1 trolling can turn into page 9 mafia suspects. Lesson learned: Start playing page 1.

Well, I was mistaken in how I'd avoid a majority, but still, the rule concerning majorities is:
###
So to my knowledge, if there's no majority, there's no lynch. Am I reading this correctly?
That must be a remnant of the old set of rules. What I said earlier stands--no majority equals a random vanilla town lynch, during d1 and any other day. Thank you for pointing this out.
BT, can mafia communicate already?
No reason whatsoever for me to answer this.
Why is deadline in 22 hours? that's fucking stupid.
Speedrunning d1. Also, you'd have people complaining that D1 is too long in any other scenario, and I'm not thinking of changing this rule now.

The situation regarding OD has been looked into. Despite finding another fault, this is harmless compared to the last incident which I could not overlook. So, I've opted for a symbolic punishment instead in hopes that this game will end after D2 (you can never know at this rate).

Votecount 1.7

Itchni (7): Aura Guardian Orcinus Duo manav95 Walrein Aura Guardian Orcinus Duo Jalmont Vintage Books capefeather coolking49
pokemonrocks777 (2): Rediamond Orcinus Duo shinyskarmory capefeather Walrein Aura Guardian UllarWarlord
Jalmont (2): Walrein pokemonrocks777 Itchni Cereza
Cereza (2): Rediamond pokemonrocks777
Darkpenguin67 (1): Walrein Jalmont Da Letter El
Rediamond (1): Cereza Paperblade pokemonrocks777 Paperblade
Walrein (0): Paperblade Jalmont Orcinus Duo Paperblade Aura Guardian UllarWarlord Itchni Darkpenguin67 shinyskarmory
shinyskarmory (0): Orcinus Duo Rediamond
Aura Guardian (0): Itchni Orcinus Duo
Orcinus Duo (0): Jalmont

Not Voting (1): Darkpenguin67

Itchni is at L-2!

With 16 players it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is in 13 hours and 25 minutes.

@ coolking49

holy crap man can you please stop reading my post and then thinking I said exactly the opposite what I didn't say. I haven't been hypocritical at all. I have stuck by my opinions the whole time. Stop trying to read badly into my posts and actually read my posts.

By my count Itchni is at L-1. No one else should vote him. I would say that he should claim but his wagon is kind of silly and is composed of a bunch of people who aren't really contributing plus OD/AG and kind of Walrein/Jalmont. Obviously every wagon is going to have some people who don't contribute but I feel uncomfortable that OD has been the driving force behind all three wagons today (Walrein/PR/Itchni).

However, this is useful in that it's worth noting who follows the wagon to who, although this may just be a result of people being active at different times. However, this information isn't that useful at the moment because we don't know the allegiance of anyone on those wagons.

5. Please respond.
1. Like I said, people who are not town have different motives and unless they are bussing their entire team it will show, even if it is very subtle.
2. Even OC is often educated guesses.
3. PBJ, although I love nutella.
4. dohohoho
5. no

Also I would really like if Ullar posted more of his thoughts. From what I recall he's mostly just been voting without much talking.

Da Letter El

Ok, since there is a limited amount of time between now and deadline,

The reason why Itchni is an awful lynch is because his playstyle indicates that he is either a power role or mafia. Lynching him day 1 is an awful awful awful idea.

We have time to lynch someone else. I will change to procks to save itchni if it comes to it, but I would rather if people voted dp67 now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)