White Kyurem & Black Kyurem

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't want to say "BAN IT BAN IT BAN IT" it's obvious that these beasts won't stick around in OU for very long.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of which, has Kyurem's list of TMs been confirmed? It would only make sense if each Kyurem had moves respective to the types of Reshiram and Zekrom (I.e. Fire Blast), but I'm keeping my heart crossed.

Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare? Woah. I guess you can forget about countering White Kyurem with Steels. Not even Heatran will be able to stop this guy.

Are both of these guys (Black and White Kyurem) allowed on the same team? If so, with a Magnezone in the wings to revenge kill/trap Scizor, I don't see how these things could be stopped.

:chaos:
Guess it's pretty clear which tier Black and White Kyurem will end up in now.
It still shouldn't be banned anyway. It's typing still leaves them with plenty of things that beat it.

Just because it has good stats won't mean it'll be banned. Remember all the talk before BW came out last year? Lots of people thought it'd be Uber but it was UU.

Seeing as CB Scizor is like on 25% of teams, I just can't see this thing becoming Uber straight away, especially before we see it's final stats and movepool.

CB Scizor is a risky check to Kyurem at best. It can't just fire off Bullet Punches whenever it wants: Magnezone prevents that. He'll probably come in bluffing a Bullet Punch and U-Turn away, which is equally dangerous when looking down the barrel of Kyurem's Fusion Flare. I don't think Scizor will cut it.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Serebii said:
21:13; To get Kyurem, you have to meet N in his Castle by Victory Road. Then, go to Dragonspiral Tower and capture Zekrom/Reshiram. Go to Giant Chasm and meet Kyurem and it will challenge after the two are united Edit @ 21:34; After request for clarification; The Pokémon do merge together. It is said this is done using an item, but you can then seperate[sic] them using the same item
Hmm. Interesting, very interesting.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
:chaos:

It still shouldn't be banned anyway. It's typing still leaves them with plenty of things that beat it.

Just because it has good stats won't mean it'll be banned. Remember all the talk before BW came out last year? Lots of people thought it'd be Uber but it was UU.

Seeing as CB Scizor is like on 25% of teams, I just can't see this thing becoming Uber straight away, especially before we see it's final stats and movepool.
I was thinking these were going to stay in OU too- until Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare. These things are going to get the boot- and fast.

Fusion Flare gives it enough coverage to OHKO anything that's not strictly defensive, and even then, it can 2HKO anything that's not the pink blobs.

At the very mimimum, Kyu-W is gone. 165 SpA Meteor/Fusion Flare/Focus Blast/Ice Beam (yes, even Ice Beam. You don't even need Blizzard with that SpA stat) just flattens all of OU. No Pokemon can switch in except the Blobs, and even then, they get rolled aside if Specs or LO is being run. Not to mention Mold Breaker making Fusion Flare safe against Heatran.

On top of that, if a choice set is run, it requires other Scarfer or priority users to outpace. Many of those don't even need an entirely correct prediction (more than 1 move can KO) now that Fusion Flare is a realistic option.

Kyu-B on the other hand is the weaker counterpart due to the worse coverage, but gets the Benefit of being extremely functional in rain and as anti-rain with Fusion Bolt. You also can mow through Skarmory since you have Mold Breaker.

You now have two sweepers that are as fast and as strong as Zekrom and Reshiram with extra coverage moves. Zekrom and Reshiram are currently Uber. Do the math.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Let's see:

Water Pokémon Master said:
Black Kyurem comes at Level 70 and knows Fusion Bolt, Freeze Shock, Dragon Pulse, and Imprison.
If we go back to Kyurem's level-up moves from B1/W1 (and nothing guarantees that it will remain the same in th sequels), we can see that Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock replace Scary Face and Glaciate.

Pure speculation ahead:
Could this mean that Frozen World has something to do with the Sky Attack clones? Will we finally find out why does it have a different effect number?

Okay, here's the question, since White Kyurem is most DEFINITELY Uber.

Does Black Kyurem have a good enough movepool to also go Uber? From a first glance, it's physical move pool looks...meh, other than Outrage and Fusion Bolt. Should it go Mixed?

Damn... they both look uber material. Even Scizor will have trouble with this. I guess in a couple of weeks it will be kicked to ubers?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Black Kyurem will most likely get Ice Punch from the move tutors. So a CB set with Outrage / Ice Punch / Fusion Bolt and Dragon Claw is legit and probably broken in OU...

Dear lord, what have they brought upon us...

However, i haven't seen the evidence that shows that black kyurem will be getting any physical ice move more powerful than ice punch, which is still kind of decent. I guess we can just wait for those who have received bw2 early to see what move tutor moves they get. I would've suggested glaciate earlier(lol) but seeing that a lot of things get too much damage from that terrifying attack stat won,t make too much of a difference.

Though jolly black/white zekrom could probably use glaciate to slow down any base 90 or less speed scarfers wanting to come in on a resisted ice move...eh. But i guess it would allow racking up more hazard damage or beating kyogre coming in for black zekrom. Do they still get glaciate by the way? i probably shouldve asked that first.

breh

強いだね
A "resisted Ice move" will do a shitton with 170 Attack. Let's hope for Icicle Crash; with it, it's just insta-ban.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I doubt Black Kyurem would be fine in OU. Yeah, it might not get a good physical Ice STAB, but does it really need it? Don't forget it still has a base 170 Attack Outrage/Dragon Claw (and maybe Dual Chop, thanks to Move tutors) lurking around the place, along with Fusion Bolt to wreck Skarmory. If it really needs an Ice attack, it can just use Ice Beam, that's still strong enough off base 120 SpA, more than enough to take on physical walls that Outrage and Fusion Bolt doesn't completely trash already.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Adamant Band Black Kyurem does 42.51 - 50.29% with Ice Punch to physically defensive Skarmory, which is an OHKO 43% of the time after SR!!! Holy shit....

Base 170? What the fuck?
White Kyurem is almost certainly Uber, and I can't think of a counter to Black Kyurem's band set. Though I don't have a damage calc at hand atm I'm fairly sure Ferrothorn loses? Especially if it gets Superpower with the new tutors. There's no point in going mixed since they both hit like fuckin TRAINS.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
HOLY SHIT

Black / White Kyurem has base stats of 700; that is the second highest to Arceus.

auto-ban to Ubers... I mean why would we even consider letting them trample OU :(

Speaking of which, there should be a BW Kyurem thread in Ubers :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)