Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Landorus loses Sand Power, which basically cancels out the Attack boost. And then it has less speed. Intimidate is great, don't get me wrong, but NewLando isn't too appealing as is.
The extra attack will still help by boosting the power of other attacking types (outside of Ground, Rock and Steel), but this would not make difference except if Landorus got Ice Punch, as Landorus generally only use EdgeQuake + an Ice-type attack anyway.

But Intimidate is a great gift to Landorus, this will make boosting sets such as Rock Polish even greater, as it will be much more easier to setup.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A tanking set for Beast Landorus could make huge problems for all variants of Terrakion and Intimidate with U-Turn is an amazing combination so I wouldn't count it out just yet.
And if it somehow manages to get Roost...

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Katakiri put Roost into the mix, and you are set! Actually a tanky set with Adamant, max Atk and max HP and lefties may be his best bet. Here are some calcs assuming max HP and after Intimidate:

Band Terrakion's CC: 27.74 - 32.98%
Band Terrakion's SE: 46.59 - 54.97%
Scarf Terrakion's SE: 30.89 - 36.64%

And finally...

+2 Terrakion's LO SE vs 252/252 + Landorus with Intimidate factored in: 63.87 - 75.39%

So we may even see a fully physically defensive Landorus as a full counter to any Terrakion, and generally a very good physical tank. What will it have over Gliscor? Better physical bulk (oh yeah Intimidate is that good), 100 more raw Atk points, the ability to possibly use special attacks (HP Ice for opposing Landorus/Gliscor and dragons, which you easily counter), better special bulk (75/75 vs 89/80) and better team player due to the ability to soften hits for others also with Intimidate.

EDIT: Oh and Landorus-F will be like the best DD Mence counter in existence, so you guys don't have to worry about DD + Outrage MoxieMence!

Dark Fallen Angel

But Landorus would still have 2 problems; Lack of reliable recovery (unless it gets Roost) and lack of immunity to status (due to Gliscor having Poison Heal). Is tanking his only viable job after all?

Serebii has a lkist of learnset changes. Things I've found so far include:
- Shell Smash Shuckle!
- Superpower Trapinch (thus, Flygon)
- Gliscor gets Sky Uppercut (if it wants it...)
- Aqua Jet Beartic.........

On a sidenote, Combee gets Bug Buzz...

Doesn't seem too crazy. Suckle definitely got a new toy here, though. Rest/ShellSmash/Toxic/Filler. You heard it here first.

from serebii

Here is a link to the move tutors in Japanese.

http://pokebook.jp/data/bw2/move_learn.html

Here is the key to decipher

Code:
	Red(赤)		Blue(青)		Yellow(黄)	Green(緑)

1	Bug Bite	Magic Coat	Bind		Gastro Acid
2	Covet		Block		Snore		Worry Seed
3	Super Fang	Earth Power	Knock Off	Spite
4	Double Chop	Foul Play	Synthesis	After You
5	Signal Beam	Gravity		Heat Wave	Helping Hand
6	Iron Head	Magnet Rise	Role Play	Trick
7	Seed Bomb	Iron Defense	Heal Bell	Magic Room
8	Drill Run	Last Resort	Tailwind	Wonder Room
9	Bounce		Superpower	Sky Attack	Endeavor
10	Low Kick	Elecroweb	Pain Split	Outrage
11	Gunk Shot	Icy Wind	Giga Drain	Recycle
12	Uproar		Aqua Tail	Drain Punch	Snatch
13	Thunderpunch	Dark Pulse	Roost       	Stealth Rock
14	Fire Punch	Zen Headbutt			Sleep Talk
15	Ice Punch	Dragon Pulse			Skill Swap
16			Hyper Voice		
17			Iron Tail

Katakiri put Roost into the mix, and you are set! Actually a tanky set with Adamant, max Atk and max HP and lefties may be his best bet. Here are some calcs assuming max HP and after Intimidate:

Band Terrakion's CC: 27.74 - 32.98%
Band Terrakion's SE: 46.59 - 54.97%
Scarf Terrakion's SE: 30.89 - 36.64%

And finally...

+2 Terrakion's LO SE vs 252/252 + Landorus with Intimidate factored in: 63.87 - 75.39%

So we may even see a fully physically defensive Landorus as a full counter to any Terrakion, and generally a very good physical tank. What will it have over Gliscor? Better physical bulk (oh yeah Intimidate is that good), 100 more raw Atk points, the ability to possibly use special attacks (HP Ice for opposing Landorus/Gliscor and dragons, which you easily counter), better special bulk (75/75 vs 89/80) and better team player due to the ability to soften hits for others also with Intimidate.

EDIT: Oh and Landorus-F will be like the best DD Mence counter in existence, so you guys don't have to worry about DD + Outrage MoxieMence!
Honestly the most interesting thing ive seen in all this, being able to absorb status is still a huge thing, but that massive attack and good speed are hard to pass up. If Gliscor didn't get roost I think this guy might totally outclassing him. A very solid defensive pokemon I have to try some time.

Honestly the most interesting thing ive seen in all this, being able to absorb status is still a huge thing, but that massive attack and good speed are hard to pass up. If Gliscor didn't get roost I think this guy might totally outclassing him. A very solid defensive pokemon I have to try some time.
The one down side to wolfrus is that he suffers Porygon2 syndrome, where he has to switch in on the stuff he is supposed to check well.

Also to the people saying that normal Landorus is more powerful, this isn't necessarily true. Yes it does have Sand Force, but Landorus' speed is so key to his success he does no run a power-boosting nature, but a speed boosting nature (aka Naive). Most Pokes in the base 90 speed tier run powerboosting natures so I imagine Landorus will as well. I will pull up the calcs momentarily

The target I chose is Forretress, being one of the most physically bulky things not weak to EQ.

Normal SD (252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus@Life Orb in Sandstorm vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 152-180 (42.93 - 50.84%)
Normal SD (252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus@Life Orb vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 118-138 (33.33 - 38.98%)
Normal Choice Scarf(252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus in Sandstorm vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 118-138 (33.33 - 38.98%)
Normal Choice Scarf(252 atk/ 252+ spe) Landorus vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 90-108 (25.42 - 30.5%)

Wolfrus (252+ atk / 252 spe) @Life Orb vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 144-170 (40.67 - 48.02%)
Wolfrus (252+ atk / 252 spe) @Lefties vs Forretress (252 hp/ 252 def+): Earthquake: 110-132 (31.07 - 37.28%)

So with an Adamant Nature Wolfrus is as powerful as Normal Landorus in Sandstorm is. Now you might be quick to say "lol outclassed normal Lando has higher speer and it can do just as much damage". However keep in mind that Landorus not only has to make sure Sandstorm is there to obtain that much power AND it can't switch as easily.

Holy shit, Dragon Pulse Serperior. Suddenly, neutral coverage. Are there separate lists for Egg moves btw? As much as I hoped for Shell Smash Shuckle, I ddn't expect to be the biggest change...

EDIT: Also, Giga Drain and Roost on Volcarona.
EDIT2: The most infamous Jellicent set gets an upgrade: Giga Drain. (He also has Trick now)

Landorus-T reminds me a lot of Gyarados. It's ability is its most redeeming factor, and it will allow him to set up in many physical attackers' faces, while he gets to set up a free RP (although, Scizor really gives him a problem). SubRP + Taunt, maybe?

Also, Contrary SS Shuckle. Even though it can set up it's defenses to insane levels (over 2000 at +6 in either defense stat), I guess that almost anything can set up on it in retrospect.

Here's the translated distribution of tutor moves.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B02hDRJIzJHbLVBxQl9zT0dqM1U
Might wanna add that to the OP.

Also, Reuniclus gets Superpower.

SUPERPOWER.

I'm actually a little interested in that Wonder Room tutor. On it's face it's an interesting move, using trick room's mechanics to swap everyone's defense and special defense. However, so far, it's had a very limited distribution. In OU, only Reuniclus gets it, and it has much, much better things to do with itself (not to mention it already has Psyshock and is slow enough it might have to worry about it screwing up its ability to tank hits). It would be interesting to see what happens if anything that could abuse it well gets it.

Same, though to a lesser degree, for Magic Room, which has an even more limited distribution (only Lunatone and the Gothitelle and Mr. Mime lines get it)

Edit: And right on cue, Starmie, Duskull, and Bronzor get Wonder Room and apparently nothing gets Magic Room. However, I'm also noticing that a lot of things have completely different tutor learnsets. Are we sure that list is fully exhaustive, because, looking it over, it only looks like it lists the first eight.

Also, if it is everything, I'm noticing no punches for Haxorus, but it does get Superpower and Aqua Tail as people were predicting.

Edit2: Noticed the correction, thank you [Omega Symbol]Donut

Edit3: Looking at the revised list I guess it's actually
Wonder Room - Clefairy, Clefable, Psyduck, Golduck, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Starmie, Mr. Mime, Porygon, Mewtwo, Mew, Cleffa, Umbreon, Slowking, Misdreavus, Porygon2, Lugia, Celebi, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Sableye, Altaria, Solrock, Baltoy, Claydol, Kecleon, Duskull, Dusclops, Latios, Deoxys, Mismagius, Bronzor, Bronzong, Mime Jr., Spiritomb, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Darkrai, Munna, Musharna, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Elgyem, Beeheeyem, Meloetta

Magic Room - Wigglytuff, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Drowzee, Hypno, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Mewtwo, Mew, Natu, Xatu, Espeon, Misdreavus, Stantler, Smoochum, Celebi, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Lunatone, Shuppet, Bannette, Latias, Jirachi, Mismagius, Mime Jr., Gallade, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Sigilyph, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Meloetta

The guys who said no punches for Haxorus were right. Superpower is his only notable move but it makes balloon Heatran an incredibly unsafe switch-in now.

Edit: Escavalier still sucks...no Drill Run or Superpower. But I guess it can try Rest/Talk with Megahorn and ... something.

Drill Run: Beedrill, Nido, Rapidash (cool), Dewgong, Rhy<x>, Seaking, Lapras, Mew, Forretress, Dunasparce, Hitmontop, Claydol, Exca,

Dual Chop: Primeape, Machamp, Electivire, Magmortar, Mew, Blaziken (lol Latis, DragonFlyers), Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario, Toxicroak, Gallade, Sawk, Scrafty, Haxorus, Mienshao, Bisharp, Meloetta (lol)

Cofagrigus does get Pain Split and Sleep Talk.

Archeops gets Heatwave, Bounce, Roost, Earth Power, Aqua Tail, Sleep Talk, SR as notable moves.

No Heal Bell for Dnite.

Unless Im reading this wrong, no roost Gliscor or Landorus, fuck you nintendo. (read the list wrong)
-No gunk shot Nidoking either?
-Garchomp, Excadrill, and Terrakion get stealth rock which is cool.
-Atleast flareon gets superpower.
-Gigadrain Venusaur!
-The theoretical lightning rod Zapdos gets heat wave
-Trick Chandelure
-Escavalier gets fucked again, it doesn't even get all the tutor moves it can get

Dark Fallen Angel

It's also really cool that Volcarona gets Roost, Stealth Rock is now compatible with Sucker Punch on Bisharp, Cofagrigus gets Pain Split and Conkeldurr now has Ice Punch (take care Landorus/Gliscor!)

It's a shame that Haxorus doesn't get Fire Punch, but Aqua Tail/Outrage already provides a good coverage, only missing certain pokémon such as Ferrothorn that can be hit with Superpower.

Unless Im reading this wrong, no roost Gliscor or Landorus, fuck you nintendo.
Gliscor gets Roost, but Landorus doesn't. Yeah, I was right. Gliscor still is better than Landorus as a wall. Roost, Double Leftovers recovery and immunity to status. Is there something that Gliscor doesn't have over Landorus (apart from what has been cited)?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm liking the fact that Zoroark got Trick; Really didn't see it coming. I may actually reconsider my previous disliking of Choice Scarf/Specs Zoroark.

Still disappointed that it didn't get Superpower, but Low Kick is good enough for me. Whatever's more reliable than Focus Blast works.

Dragon Pulse on Serperior will be quite interesting once Contrary's actually released. In DW whenever I used Serperior, I used to be quite disappointed about the fact that I constantly had trouble with Dragons, but now that it gets Dragon Pulse, I don't have to worry about that anymore and I can still use HP Fire at the same time. Also, the three elemental punches on Golurk seems like something worth giving a try.

Unless Im reading this wrong, no roost Gliscor or Landorus, fuck you nintendo.

No gunk shot Nidoking either?

Garchomp, Excadrill, and Terrakion get stealth rock which is cool.

Atleast flareon gets superpower.

Gigadrain Venusaur!
Damn your reading comprehension wynaunt! It is in the the 476-K cell!

And what people called no Fire Punch haxorus :))))))

FUCK NO ENDEAVOR ALAKAZAM :*(

It's also really cool that Volcarona gets Roost, Stealth Rock is now compatible with Sucker Punch on Bisharp, Cofagrigus gets Pain Split and Conkeldurr now has Ice Punch (take care Landorus/Gliscor!)

It's a shame that Haxorus doesn't get Fire Punch, but Aqua Tail/Outrage already provides a good coverage, only missing certain pokémon such as Ferrothorn that can be hit with Superpower.
I don't see Roost on Volcarona...

And Electivire gets Dual Chop, for the lulz.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Escavalier Bug Bite Iron Head Iron Defense Snore Knock Off Giga Drain Sleep Talk
No...
Klinklang Signal Beam Uproar Magic Coat Gravity Magnet Rise Iron Defense Bind Snore Recycle Sleep Talk
...No!
Tornadus (Both Formes) Uproar Foul Play Superpower Icy Wind Dark Pulse Iron Tail Snore Knock Off Heat Wave Role Play Tailwind Sleep Talk
NO!

God damn it Game Freak! So much missed potential....

Cobalion Iron Head Bounce Block Magnet Rise Iron Defense Superpower Zen Headbutt Snore Helping Hand Stealth Rock Sleep Talk
...Carry on, Game Freak. I'm listening.
Kyurem (All Formes) Signal Beam Iron Head Earth Power Icy Wind Zen Headbutt Dragon Pulse Hyper Voice Snore Roost Endeavor Outrage Sleep Talk
Haxorus Dual Chop Low Kick Superpower Aqua Tail Dragon Pulse Iron Tail Snore Endeavor Outrage Sleep Talk
Durant Bug Bite Iron Head Iron Defense Superpower Snore Endeavor Sleep Talk
Stoutland Covet Iron Head Uproar Last Resort Superpower Hyper Voice Snore Helping Hand Sleep Talk
Chandelure Dark Pulse Snore Heat Wave Pain Split Spite Trick Sleep Talk

Well aside from giving Shadow Tag Chandelure a one-way trip to Ubers (Stall is done) this is looking great...aside from Escavalier & Klinklang getting trolled again.

Throh Low Kick Thunderpunch Fire Punch Ice Punch Block Superpower Bind Snore Knock Off Pain Split Helping Hand Sleep Talk
What the hell?...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)