A RU RMT by TheMexican

:.
.:.
.:
Well, hello everyone, this is TheMexican, some people already know me, and for the ones that don't, hai !. So I've been playing Rarelyused tier for like 3 months already and I gotta say it is pretty awesome. It's not playes by many, but its quite fun and has some cool people on the ladder.
So this team was based around Gallade, more specific, the Swords Dance set, which with the specific support, can demolish almost every team out there. This team has gone through lots of changes, but finally I decided to retire it after reaching 4th on the ladder. Anyways, thanks for viewing.

In-Depth Look.

Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Night Slash
- Shadow Sneak

The Star of the team, where it all started off, this little monster 2hkos the entire metagame after a single boost. I was using the standard spread of all speed, but I got this suggestion on the ladder and decided to give it a try and It has been working decently, with drain punch its longetivity is quite increased making it easier to grab some boosts. I chose Night Slash over Zen Headbutt/Psycho Cut because hitting Cofagrious and Slowking is very important, when both can be threats for it. Shadow Sneak of standard on this guy, hitting faster psychic or ghost types such as rotom, mesprit or the forgotten haunter. Seriously this guy is a monster, and with the hazards support its very easy to sweep lategame. Seriously people, use Gallade. Abuse this monster.

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Whirlwind

Say hello to Drapion Cofagrigus, this awesome guy is a great team player, probably the best counter against OTR Cofagrigus, he makes excellent synergy with Gallade, and Toxic Spikes helps alot taking out foes like Tangrowth or Entei. These are usually either very helpful or useless against some teams. So taking out their Toxic Spikes absorber is important. Once I set them up I can stall for a bit until everyone has reached low wnough damage for gallade to sweep.

Flareon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 248 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Heal Bell

Ok, before everyone starts saying, what the hell? A Flareon?!? Just use Clefable or Lanturn. Flareon is here to stay, walling Magmortar, which has been increasing of popularity lately, Moltres which, I can only wall until I'm ready to pass a wish to another poke, mostly drapion, Special attacker Sceptile, and some other is very important and this guy can do that job. Besides wroking as an ultimate cleric and passing very usefull wishes to mostly Ferroseed and Drapion is crucial to this team. It has decent synergy with both, and besides look at her, she's adorable. The 4 Speed EVs might seem a bit unusefull but it helps me lava plume weakened Sandslash. I chose Lava Plume instead of flamethrower because the burn rate is appreciated, and it makes some pokes hard to switch in. Heal Bell in conjunction with Rest Spiritomb is awesome, letting me stall longer and longer, specially foes like Rest Poliwrath.

Sandslash (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Another great team player, and I gotta say one of my favorite pokes in this team, Sandslash's role is not only to set rocks and rapis spin, but it also checks most kinds of drapion, and if I try to spin and I see a ghost trying to block it, I knock off its item. Knock Off might seem unappealing, but it has come very handy in some battles, and throwing off items like eviolite from Roselia, Munchlax or Misdreavus is great. The only scenario where I could be using Stone Edge is to hit moltres, but I already receive a bunch from Fire Blast so it just doesnt work well. Lastly, the 8 Speed EVs are there to outspeed other Sandslash and the problematic SubPunch Aggron, who under a sub and if it carries Magnet Rise can be a problem.

Spiritomb (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 66 SDef
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Since I'm using all hazards I had to use a spin blocker, and I chose since the beggining Spiritomb over Cofragigus for 3 reasons, 1 carrying some priority attaks is very usefull, even tho they are weak, they come in handy. 2, because it has much bigger special defence making an excellent mixed wall instead of just a defensive one and 3 its a decent check to some gallades and Mesprits.
With Flareon takion out the sleep status from him this guy last alot and by alot I mean like until a crit happens. I've always tried to get a bit more offensive spread, which would allow me to always break moltres sub with shadow sneak and nearly KO after rocks Cryogonal with sucker punch, however I didnt want to sacrifice its bulk. Any suggestion here are appreciated.

Ferroseed (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Spikes

At last, but not least, here comes Ferroseed. Before everyone starts saying how easy this guy is to seet up into, yeah I totally agree, but having a nice check to most water types, specially Feraligatr is its job. Also it is fairly easy to set up spikes with him and the synergy it has with the rest of the team is wonderful. I've been thinking about putting bullet seed instead of gyro ball only to beat sub Dragon Dance Crawdaunt one on one, but its very situational and gyroball hits some other pokes hard enough. Oh, and also I have ferroseed to wall non-special dragons like Altaria and Drudiggon, however I must be aware of SuperPower from the latter one.

Playstyle:

I've always liked having like balanced/semi stall teams and this is no difference. Usually I try to put as many hazards as posible and the sooner the better, and depending which members I see on the opponent's team, for example, if I see a Moltres, setting rocks is my first priority, and If I see no poison types Toxic Spikes are very welcome. Sometimes I even get to win with this and not sending out Gallade. Talking about him, I usually never send him out until midgame, after its walls have been taking down or at low health. Here are some Logs as examples:

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay--Rogue-vs-New-guy-on-the-field--2012-06-16
This is a battle against, I think It's Shakeitup where Sandslash proved how good he is. I was still using Roar flareon and all speed Gallade back then.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-METANG-TIME-vs-New-guy-on-the-field--2012-06-18
Here I think I'm battleing Molk against his metang team. Metang sucks but it did its job. He played very well, and he almost got me, however gallande just saved the day again. Very good battle.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-New-guy-on-the-field-vs-complete-legitimacy--2012-06-18
Here I'm sure it was Complete legitimacy, it was a haxy battle unfortunately where he had me since the beggining of the game until Spiritomb gave me some momentum and I started from there. However pokemondecided to do its job and hax forboth sides, Probably more importantly me haxing his slowking. But I think you can see the playstyle which is the point.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-ruladdersucks-vs-New-guy-on-the-field--2012-06-15
I'm not sure who I was playing here, at the end if I would have sucker punch I would have won, but I didnt think it through. Pretty close game and very fun.

Thanks for viewing, and any suggestions are appreciated :).
Here is the exportable version of the team:
Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Night Slash
- Shadow Sneak

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Whirlwind

Flareon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 248 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Heal Bell

Sandslash (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 246 Def / 4 SDef / 8 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Spiritomb (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 66 SDef
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest

- Will-O-Wisp
Ferroseed (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Spikes

Threat List (Editing)
RU Offensive Threats

Absol: This guy hits everything pretty hard. I have to be wary with him. Usually I try to evoid attacking him and just status it or phaze it, That's the most reliable way to take him out. Spiritomb, Ferroseed or Drapion
Accelgor: A bit tricky since its really fast and sets spikes really easily, final gambit is something I dont really enjoy. However besides of that He's easy to handle by either priority or just attacking him. Flareon or Spiritomb. I'll rapid spin its hazards later.
Aerodactyl: Ferroseed, unless its carrying something like Fire Fang and hone claws it is not a big threat, Sandslash can rapids spin and Ferroseed OHKOs with Gyro Ball.
Aggron: Pretty much depends on its set, but Sandslash can take him. Ice Punch doesnt 2hko iirc and it will always lose to gallade.
Archeops: A bit tricky since at full health it hits hard, spiritomb can lower its health with priority or if Im lucky burning it. Also Ferroseed might tank an acrobatics and KO with Gyroball
Bouffalant: Sub SD one is annoying, ferroseed can wall it but will still get hurt. Usually I have to revenge kill with Gallade. Other than that, it isnt much of a problem.
Charizard: lol. Pretty much the same as moltres, set rocks up and after that Flareon can wall it until sun goes out. It ends up dying by himself anyways.
Cofagrigus: Ok, since this guy is the most used guy on the tier I had to prepare for him, so Im packing Drapion to wall it, same as flareon, Spiritomb can attack it, but I wouldnt like to have mummy as an ability. And Ferroseed an poison/leech seed it depending on the situation. And of course, gallade has Night Slash for him.
Crawdaunt: Problematic, Sub DD one can be quite problematic since once its under a sub and starts setting up its hard to take out. He's the only reason why I would put Bullet seed over Gyro Ball on Ferroseed. Other than that I have to put Toxic Spikes asap to stall him out.
Drapion: Pretty much depends on its set to take him out, if its specially defensive, it wont last too long against gallade. But I always have Sandslash for him, since +2 crunch does not 2hko. Also Ithink I 3hko with ferroseed if that counts.
Druddigon: Not much of a problem, this guy is easier to handle if its banded, but in either case I would prefer it with status. So either spiritomb or Ferroseed to handle him. Flareon might be able to burn with lava plume on the switch, but I wouldnt stay in with him.
Electivire: Somewhat of a threat, specially since the mixed set is tricky, but tbh, he sucks :). I usually have Sandslash for him if its not carrying hp grass (which most dont) Also Drapion can take a hit or two if it doesnt carry earthquake. And of course spiritomb can wall him.
Entei: Ugh FlareBlitz from this guy hits like a truck. If I predict well I can switch in Flareon and recieve the fire blitz but I have to be careful with stone edge. Sandslash at full health can take a hit and earthquake it. I usually try to set rocks and spikes asap if I see him but if it comes early in battle its hard to take on.
Feraligatr: Ferroseed can wall this guy all day. It might be problematic if its carrying sub, but then again, these are pretty rare, and I'd just need to set Toxic Spikes asap.
Gallade: I'd generally try to status it, so it doesnt last long. Otherwise Spiritomb can shadow sneak it to death, otherwise Drapion Could phaze it. My own gallade is also a decent check to it but yet I'd prefer to keep him outside of this.
Galvantula: This guy can be tricky specially since stan thunder hits hard, however Flareon does a good job, also it doesnt enjoy too much Stealth rocks and it takes a fair amount from Spiritomb's sucker punch. I wouldn't say it is a big threat.
Golurk: Boy I haven't seen this guy since like, ever. I guess spiritomb can beat him, or sandslash to wall him. I dont see how much of a problem this guy would cause, altho I gotta be wary with stab earthquake.
Gorebyss: SmashPass is something I have never ever seen in RU, but, I imagine it could be a huge threat. Ferroseed would have to like toxic everything posible, or setting toxic spikes. Just thanks god its not rlly used.
Hariyama: I saw a sub Bulk up one a few days ago and it totaled me, I could try to status him, but if it carries guts then I'll just do it worse. Usually phazing for some hazardsw damage until Gallade is ready to take him out is the best Idea.
Hitmonchan: Spiritomb. The only way I can see it being problematic is when it carries foresight, because it would spin my hazards and can hit super effectively Spiritomb, however if I manage to burn him I'll give him a slow death. If its burned, its a set up fodder for Gallade.
Hitmonlee: See Hitmonchan.
Jynx: This cutie is gaining usage, and for a very good reason, however flareon can tank its hits all day unless its carrying Nasty Plot, besides, Spiritomb, Gallade, Drapion, and Ferrothorn all hit decently for super effective damage. And sandslash has knock off, not like it would do much or I would stay in, but yeah.
Kabutops: Ferroseed can wall this guy, if I see rapid spin coming spiritomb can wall him and burn him. Not really a huge threat unless ferroseeed goes down and rain is up.
Klinklang: It could cause some danger, but flareon can take a boosted return, also gallade can also take a boosted hit and Drain Punch to rover the hp left.
Lilligant: This is a huge threat to almost every team, and this one is no exception, usually I try to set hazards asap, specially Toxic Spikes so it won't last long. Also, depending on which Hidden Power it is using either flareon or ferroseed walls her. And if it hasn't grabbed too many boosts Drapion can phaze it.
Linoone: I've seen this guy quite a few times already, and everytime, spiritomb shines walling it like a boss. Sucker Punch does good enough damage to it, and if it hasn't set up yet, I'd try to burn him. Also, Sandslash can take a +6 Extremespeed iirc and threat him with earthquake which 2hkos iirc. Finally thanks to Iron Barbs from ferroseed it can loose some of its health until it dies.
Ludicolo: Haven't seen any of this guys, however I oculd see him being problematic under rain. The Best thing I could use if Toxic it with Ferroseed and then Stall it.
Magneton: I have to be aware with ferroseed since this guy is problematic. I'll try to predict his switch in and double switch with sandslash, but again hp grass hits hard. Altho if its using hp grass then ferroseed can set up on it.
Manectric: Flareon/Sandslash/Ferroseed in conjunction work well against him, he ends up dying from all that switching, but its coverage can be problematic, and I dont like ferroseed choiced. It is indeed a problem.
Medicham: I dont see this guy many often, but usually Spiritomb is a great answer. I just wouldnt like to get tricked a choice item. Shadow Sneak does decent damage, both from gallade and spiritomb. Its Hi Jump Kick does hit hard tho.
Moltres: Here comes another big threat, this guy is one of the top counters to Gallade, and with stab Fire Blast it hits like a truck. Sub Offensive Variants are even worse. If I see this guy on team preview I absolutly need to set rocks asap and keep them on. Flareon can wall him but unless it gets a Flash Fire Boost it wont break the sub. Definitly a threat.
Omastar: Shell Smash and destroy, after that, It might mean I'm in trouble. Ferroseed can tank an ice beam, and if I manage to leech seed that means I wont be 2hko, which you can see in my battles against Shakeitup.
Poliwrath: SubPunch is something I dont see too much, but I can imagine it being a big threat if I dont get to status him soon, I could always phaze it, unless it manages to Focus Punch me to the face. Thanks good its not very used.
Primeape: I usually see a scarf variant of this guy. and most can be taken by Sandslash and Spiritomb, it does hit hard, but I wouldnt consider it a big threat.
Rotom: SubPain split is annoying, it hits hard and its hard to kill, thankfully I have shadow sneak and sucker punch, but forcing mind games isn't something I wanna repeat. I just have to play around him carefully.
Rotom-C: Flareon. Altho I dont like getting tricked a choice item, flareon can wall most ofits attacks, alongside with Ferroseed this guy is already checked.
Samurott: I havent seen gim alot, but usually Ferroseed walls him if its the SD set, stall breaker one is more tricky, but Gallade can take it.
Sawsbuck: Ferroseed can wall non Jum Kick ones, and if its using that, I could swithc into spiritomb and status it. Under sun it is a problem tho. Thanks god its not used too much
Sceptile: Flareon, Drapion or even Ferroseed if its locked in something that's not Focus Blast. Ferroseed walls the physical variants.
Scolipede: Ferroseed and Sandslash can wall him, its alittle problematic but thanks god its not rlly bulky. Spiritomb might be able to beat him but megahorn still hits it hard.
Scyther: Just set rocks asap, ferroseed can wall him as same for flareon. Not a big threat
Sigilyph: A big problem since it has magic guard it isnt scared of hazards, status, or leech seed. Sure I have Drapion for him, but if it sets up it is dangerous hitting everyone hard. And if it carries Roost is even worse. (Which almost all do)
Typhlosion: Flareon all day long. Also, hazards will just bring him down lately.
Victreebel: Never seen one of this guys, but in sun I can imagine it would be problematic Flareon and drapion could wall him, but if it gets some boost is could be gg.

Also I'd like to special mention Emboar. Texas Cloverleaf was using it yesterrday, and with a scarf, it hasalmost not a single wall. It hits so damn hard and has very good coverage. its like a physical magmortar, just, stronger. I have to set hazards asap and play around him making hmi switch to beat him.

RU Defensive Threats

Alomomola: Haven't seen much of these guys, but Ferroseed and drapion can wall it for set hazards on it. Altho none of them would like a scald burn.
Clefable: Not the biggest of a threat since with lum gallade and Rest Spiritomb its already checked
Cofagrigus: The most used mon on the tier, of course I had to prepare for him. Drapion can set hazards and taunt him so I wouldnt be afraid of WoW. Ferroseed can status and leech seed him or also set hazards. Also Gallade's NightSlash still does a bunch to him, while Shadow Ball does not OHKO
Crustle: Sandslash can spin its hazards, knock of his item and proceed to earthquake, but of course, I wouldnt enjoy getting a toxic. In that case Ferroseed can set up hazards too or status/leech seed.
Cryogonal: Its special defense is very good but flareon can still beat him one on one. Ferroseed and Gallade OHKO with Gyro Ball and drain punch respectively. I just dont like how easy it spins the hazards away. Maybe I should try a stronger sucker punch?
Drapion: Sandslash, and my own drapion. Sandslash can earthquake him to death without fearing much, while my drapion could try to win the speed tie and taunt, so Ferroseed can set up, or Spiritomb can WoW it.
Dusknoir: Pretty bulky I'll give you that, but the defensive one, once its poisoned when its just matter of time until it dies. Drapion could taunt it but that earthquake is problematic. So probably just ferroseed.
Ferroseed: Flareon, or my drapion. Usually I would try to taunt it asap, then flareon can lava plume it, or Gallade sets up on it. Even spiritomb can burn him so GyroBall woldnt go like nothing (not like it does alot but yeah)
Kabutops: Usually, I'd try to burn him asap so it wont be very troublesome offensively, if its carrying toxic, it wont matter that much thanks to rest and heal bell. Also Ferroseed can wall him, but still I dont want him to spin my hazards.
Lanturn: Bulky, this guy is bulky. Now that I think so, most defensive water types are big threats and this guy is no difference, only the heal bell ones are the problems since if it doesnt have it, it'd end up by dying from poison. Also SPiritomb can PP stall, but that is boring. And Gallade can set up on it with lum berry without fearing too much of scald, but I wouldnt like to risk it.

Ludicolo: Havent seen much of this guys, neither offensive nor defensively, but sub seeds sounds annoying, Poison it would be the best, or just phaze it so Gallade can hit it later.
Mandibuzz: Ok, this guy is annoying, seriously. The best thing I can do is taunt it first with drapion and then just toxic it with ferroseed or phaze it.
Mesprit: This guy is very versatile and hard to deal with. The CM sub one, is just powerfull, it hits hard and
Miltank: Strong. This guy is a bit hard to take since it always carries both heal bell and a healing move, but besides that, its not a big deal, I have heal bell to heal any paralysis or toxics it can cause, I just need to be carefull with that strong body slam. Also Spiritomb can force a PP war.
Munchlax: Gallade, or drapion. Its similar to miltank, just that this guy is uglier. Also, sandslash acn drop off his eviolite making it x2 easier to kill. Not really a big deal.
Omastar: Okthis guy. ugh. As Double01 said, it sets up spikes so easily, and I cant spin the hazards. I could taunt him before he does nothing, but yet it can burn me with scald. I really need something to check this guy better.
Poliwrath: Another problem here this can tank almost every (if not every) attack frommy team, and can burn or phaze depending what it is. Spiritomb can PP stall it one on one. But yet that is boring. its not as big as a threat like Omastar, but I'd likesometing to check it better.
Probopass: Never seen this guy before,but I guess it wouldnt be much of a problem. Sandslash could wall non toxic variants and even threatit with EQ. Or just Use Gallade. I dont think it would be a problem.
Quagsire: Status, mostly toxic. Ferroseed does mostly the job since leech seed + toxic makes quag pretty much useless, but again, beware of burns. I wouldnt really say its a problem.
Qwilfish: Similar to omastar, this guy is mean. I've seen some scald variants and those are even worse. The "standard" ones are checked with taunt from drapion and then go to ferroseed to set up. I absolutly need to take him out so Gallade can sweep tho. So I guess I'll put it in orange too.
Regirock: I've literally never seen this guy before ever. And probably wouldnt be very problematic. Ferroseed can toxic it, and sandslash slowly (very slowly) kill it with fire, I mean earthquake. Spiritomb could burn him making things easier.
Rhydon: Ok this guy hits hard, is pretty damn bulky with eviolite AND sets up rocks. I could burn him and make it easier to beat, also sandlash can makeit drop its eviolite and spin its hazards, but it defenitly needs to go orange too.
Roselia: Not much a big deal, sure it can take lots of hits, but its defense is very poor, drapion can wall her, and if Im lucky, sandslash might make her drop her eviolite.
Sandslash: Bulky and sets rocks, almost like rhydon, but it hits much weak. Usually I send Spiritomb to block rapid spin, and burn it, I wouldnt really mind getting toxic'ed thanks to rest.
Sigilyph: My only check to this guy is drapion, serisouly I could see him being a big threat. Gallade cant really do much since most of them are faster, unless I have had set up, Icould shadow sneak. Also since its inmune to status and entry hazards it just makesit harder. Orange
Slowking: Another very used poke I had to prepare against. It pretty much depends onthe set its using, since I've been seeing alot with choice specs. But defensivly its usually taken out by gallade after either hazards, status or both.
Spiritomb: Its rare to see another rest spiritomb, so usually I just try to poison it. Also Drapion can set up on it. And flareon isnt really scared if what it can do. I wouldnt say it is a threat. Its more dangerous offensivly to be honest.
Steelix: Ferroseed can tank its attacks, leech seed and proceed to set up spikes. Sandslashis similar and gallade doesnt havemuch tofear since I would heal my health back up with Drain Punch.
Stunfisk: Lol
Tangrowth: Flareon, sometimes ferroseed and drapion. Usually I would goto drapion first and try to taunt it, so I'm not very afraid of sleep powder. It is also one of the top priorities why I need to set toxic spikes. And as many hazards as posible, so Gallade can break through it.
Uxie: Usually Drapion, taunt and then crunch him. Altho is quite bulky so I'd prefer it with status. Also I need to be carefull for the memento variants, which leave me weak to a set up sweeper.
Whimsicott: It can be annoying I'll give you that, but once hazards are set up,it cant do much, also drapion can wall it, taunt it and see it how it dies from poison.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
I think I remember playing this team a few times. It is a very solid semi stall team but you do have some weaknesses. Taunt+SD Drapion really seems to give this team trouble. Your only real good check is sandslash. Taunt+SD Drapion really just annoys your team in general whether it be preventing hazards or preventing wish passing. Sandslash also has no reliable recovery so it can only take crunch's for so long.

Another poke i find that could trouble your team is support omastar. Because not only does it set up hazards up but it also beats your rapid spinner 1v1. Nothing on your team can really handle it as gallade and ferroseed are greatly crippled by scald burns.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix these problems but your best bet is to run a Taunt+SD Drapion of your own in place of your drapion. This will help you deal with those threats as well as help deal with stall teams. SD drapion also compliments gallade making a extremely dangerous dual-SD core. Taunt also stops annoying set up pokes like lilligant and sub split rotom. Although u will lose t-spikes and a phazer almost all good teams have a t-spike absorber via drapion or roselia.

Taunt+SD Drapion Set
Drapion (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

I think I remember playing this team a few times. It is a very solid semi stall team but you do have some weaknesses. Taunt+SD Drapion really seems to give this team trouble. Your only real good check is sandslash. Taunt+SD Drapion really just annoys your team in general whether it be preventing hazards or preventing wish passing. Sandslash also has no reliable recovery so it can only take crunch's for so long.

Another poke i find that could trouble your team is support drapion. Because not only does it set up hazards up but it also beats your rapid spinner 1v1. Nothing on your team can really handle it as gallade and ferroseed are greatly crippled by scald burns.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix these problems but your best bet is to run a Taunt+SD Drapion of your own in place of your drapion. This will help you deal with those threats as well as help deal with stall teams. SD drapion also compliments gallade making a extremely dangerous dual-SD core. Taunt also stops annoying set up pokes like lilligant and sub split rotom. Although u will lose t-spikes and a phazer almost all good teams have a t-spike absorber via drapion or roselia.

Taunt+SD Drapion Set
Drapion (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
Hey thanks for your rate. Even thought Taunt SD drapion is problematic, I dont really think it deserves to change something to check it. I mean, here is a calc:
252 +2 Atk Drapion Crunch vs 252 HP/248 Def Sandslash (+Def) : 38.98% - 46.05%
252 +2 Atk Drapion Earthquake vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Ferroseed (+Def) : 29.79% - 35.27%

While:
0 Atk Sandslash Earthquake vs 4 HP/0 Def Drapion: 71.28% - 84.04%
0 Atk Ferroseed Gyro Ball vs 4 HP/0 Def Drapion: 30.14% - 36.17%

I think I mentioned something like that on the threat list. Besides Toxic Spikes on my drapion is sometimes crucial to win a game. Thanks for the rate though, I appreciate it.

Double01

Umm... Ferroseed is not a counter to taunt+SD...

Lets say your sandslash dies because it doesnt have a reliable recovery. If you switch ferroseed in to Drapion as the drapion SD's then he is at +2. You go for a gyro ball as the drapion SD's again. Then Drapion at +4 does w/ Earthquake: 130-152 (44.52 - 52.05%) which is has a high chance to 2hko after SR (even a low chance to 2hko with no hazards). Now Drapion proceeds to OHKO the rest of your team...

I mean your calcs on ferroseed don't really prove anything. Once sandslash is dead you get swept by drapion. I guess you have to play very carefully with your sandslash or you have to predict the taunt with ferroseed to prevent being swept.

Also to the above post of mine I meant to say support Omastar not drapion sry.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I agree with Double01. I don't know of I was battling you, but I caught the Sandslash on the switch with a Toxic from my clefable and after wearing it out, the minute I saw the ferroseed and switched into Drapion, it was GG. Lillugant with HP Rock is also kind of annoying. SD Drapion of your own could deal with these problems or a Choice Scarf one

Umm... Ferroseed is not a counter to taunt+SD...

Lets say your sandslash dies because it doesnt have a reliable recovery. If you switch ferroseed in to Drapion as the drapion SD's then he is at +2. You go for a gyro ball as the drapion SD's again. Then Drapion at +4 does w/ Earthquake: 130-152 (44.52 - 52.05%) which is has a high chance to 2hko after SR (even a low chance to 2hko with no hazards). Now Drapion proceeds to OHKO the rest of your team...

I mean your calcs on ferroseed don't really prove anything. Once sandslash is dead you get swept by drapion. I guess you have to play very carefully with your sandslash or you have to predict the taunt with ferroseed to prevent being swept.

Also to the above post of mine I meant to say support Omastar not drapion sry.
I never said Ferroseed is a counter to taunt SD =/. I was just explaining how it can tank some hits. Drapion is indeed a problem, but with those wishes from Flareon, I can keep my health good enough to beat drapion, and beside, the same drapion to beat the other one isnt a good idea, I would prefer not to rely on speed ties.

Double01

Ok fair enough lol. Also I would also like to know how u deal with support omastar. Because it seems like a real pain to you team not letting your sandslash set up because of scald, setting up it's own hazards which you won't be able to spin away, and basically nothing can really switch into it fearing a burn from scald. The best you can do to it is try and to leech seed it with ferroseed. But ferroseed won't even like switching in because it fears getting burned.

Ik support omastar is quite rare but I bring it up mainly cause I use it and I'm noticing a slight increase in support omastars.

I agree with Double01. I don't know of I was battling you, but I caught the Sandslash on the switch with a Toxic from my clefable and after wearing it out, the minute I saw the ferroseed and switched into Drapion, it was GG. Lilligant with HP Rock is also kind of annoying. SD Drapion of your own could deal with these problems or a Choice Scarf one
I dont think it was me, I haven't battled a cleafable for a long time, besides I have heal bell on flareon to cure status. Hp rock lilligant is indeed annoying, however, that means ferroseed can toxic it without fearing hp fire. Choice scarf drapion sounds like an idea, but I still would prefer to have toxic spikes.

Ok fair enough lol. Also I would also like to know how u deal with support omastar. Because it seems like a real pain to you team not letting your sandslash set up because of scald, setting up it's own hazards which you won't be able to spin away, and basically nothing can really switch into it fearing a burn from scald. The best you can do to it is try and to leech seed it with ferroseed. But ferroseed won't even like switching in because it fears getting burned.

Ik support omastar is quite rare but I bring it up mainly cause I use it and I'm noticing a slight increase in support omastars.
Omastar is indeed a big threat, its so easy how it sets up hazards, usually I first taunt with drapion and then try to scare it aways with gallade, but if it happens to get 2 burns from scald It would be quite annoying. I dont really know how to deal with him without letting people getting burns here and there.

I love this playstyle! This team is really helping me get into RU!

I'll be sure to get this team to #1 for you.

I'm testing it a lot right now, and if the whole team is healthy, I have no problems what so ever. How ever, if I play badly for a turn or so, I usually lose. The title really means what it says.

I'll post again if I have any specific problems.

I love this playstyle! This team is really helping me get into RU!

I'll be sure to get this team to #1 for you.

I'm testing it a lot right now, and if the whole team is healthy, I have no problems what so ever. How ever, if I play badly for a turn or so, I usually lose. The title really means what it says.

I'll post again if I have any specific problems.
Thanks for the comments :). Good luck.
Also finished the threatlist so rating is easier.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i will say, this is a really good team, and i love the use of flareon to take out threatening pokemon such as moltres and magmortar while also supporting your team with wish and heal bell. that battle was really fun as well, in hindsight i could have won by sleep powdering sandslash instead of using leaf storm, but i honestly dont know if leaf storm would KO that thing, so yeah. Im also going to test out my own version of the team using Calm Mind Spiritomb!

So basically, other than that match that you showed, we played each other a bunch of other times, and i was able to pull a win i think once, and that was because of 1) you overpredicting with flareon, and 2) sandslash dying before it could rapid spin. All your pokemon take full hazards damage upon switching in so just play more conservatively with sandslash, dont let it die when your opponent has a threatening sweeper and there are multiple layers of hazards on the field. Also, if you decide to keep using this team on PS! ferroseed can now have rocks+spikes+seed which could free up a moveslot on your sandslash.

Good luck with future teams and i hope you keep playing RU!

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice team The Mexican, nice to see someone using Bulky SD Gallade to great success.

You mentioned that Night Slash is used to hit Slowking and Cofagrigus and i have to say this... Zen Headbutt also 2hkoes any Cofa after SR (TR Cofa doesn't need SR) and since you have Lum Berry you are not afraid of the burn and can easily survive 1 hit from any Cofa. Night Slash only 2hkoes defensive Cofa, as does Zen Headbutt, and without Spikes, it only 2hkoes offensive Cofa too, as does Zen Headbutt. So yeah Zen Headbutt >>> Night Slash. Not to mention that with Zen Headbutt you can ohko Qwilfish at +1 (Intimidate), meaning that you no longer have to eliminate him in order to sweep! Finally with Zen Headbutt you are no longer stopped by defensive Poliwrath.

Now for the last slot... If you want to ohko Slowking at +2 you can use Leaf Blade, which also ohkoes defensive Rhydon at +2 after SR + Spikes, which is a bit problematic as you said. Also you can ohko Sandslash at +2 after SR + Spikes with Leaf Blade, so this is nice too! You can still stick with Shadow Sneak though, as most of the times it 2hkoes at +2 after SR, and you have Lum Berry for the status move or the Scald burn... Oh and Leaf Blade also ohkoes defensive Quagsire after SR + Spikes, which is a bit troubling for your team especially the Curse set, which walls everything in your team, and can eventually sweep you.

Also seconding Double's suggestion! Bulky SD Drapion is amazing in combination with Bulky SD Gallade since each of them can handle some of the other's checks/counters. And T-Spikes are not so good in general in RU, as Drapion and Roselia are everywhere... I am using this combo myself and it has been amazing so far, putting really great pressure to the opponent!

I hope i helped and good luck!

i will say, this is a really good team, and i love the use of flareon to take out threatening pokemon such as moltres and magmortar while also supporting your team with wish and heal bell. that battle was really fun as well, in hindsight i could have won by sleep powdering sandslash instead of using leaf storm, but i honestly dont know if leaf storm would KO that thing, so yeah. Im also going to test out my own version of the team using Calm Mind Spiritomb!

So basically, other than that match that you showed, we played each other a bunch of other times, and i was able to pull a win i think once, and that was because of 1) you overpredicting with flareon, and 2) sandslash dying before it could rapid spin. All your pokemon take full hazards damage upon switching in so just play more conservatively with sandslash, dont let it die when your opponent has a threatening sweeper and there are multiple layers of hazards on the field. Also, if you decide to keep using this team on PS! ferroseed can now have rocks+spikes+seed which could free up a moveslot on your sandslash.

Good luck with future teams and i hope you keep playing RU!
Thanks alot ^^. I will play sandslash more carefully now, thanks for your rate.

Nice team The Mexican, nice to see someone using Bulky SD Gallade to great success.

You mentioned that Night Slash is used to hit Slowking and Cofagrigus and i have to say this... Zen Headbutt also 2hkoes any Cofa after SR (TR Cofa doesn't need SR) and since you have Lum Berry you are not afraid of the burn and can easily survive 1 hit from any Cofa. Night Slash only 2hkoes defensive Cofa, as does Zen Headbutt, and without Spikes, it only 2hkoes offensive Cofa too, as does Zen Headbutt. So yeah Zen Headbutt >>> Night Slash. Not to mention that with Zen Headbutt you can ohko Qwilfish at +1 (Intimidate), meaning that you no longer have to eliminate him in order to sweep! Finally with Zen Headbutt you are no longer stopped by defensive Poliwrath.

Now for the last slot... If you want to ohko Slowking at +2 you can use Leaf Blade, which also ohkoes defensive Rhydon at +2 after SR + Spikes, which is a bit problematic as you said. Also you can ohko Sandslash at +2 after SR + Spikes with Leaf Blade, so this is nice too! You can still stick with Shadow Sneak though, as most of the times it 2hkoes at +2 after SR, and you have Lum Berry for the status move or the Scald burn... Oh and Leaf Blade also ohkoes defensive Quagsire after SR + Spikes, which is a bit troubling for your team especially the Curse set, which walls everything in your team, and can eventually sweep you.

Also seconding Double's suggestion! Bulky SD Drapion is amazing in combination with Bulky SD Gallade since each of them can handle some of the other's checks/counters. And T-Spikes are not so good in general in RU, as Drapion and Roselia are everywhere... I am using this combo myself and it has been amazing so far, putting really great pressure to the opponent!

I hope i helped and good luck!
I'll try Zen Headbutt then. It sounds like it'll be very usefull. As for leaf blade, even though it sounds cool, shadow sneak is abit more necesarry if I need to hit rotom and some other fast ghosts. I'll give it a try alongside with SD drapion!
Thanks alot guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)