Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Here's what I found today

New:

Female Perish Song Cubone / Egg move
Moonlight Lunatune / Dream World Exclusive
Male Bind Onix / Lv up move

So this seems somewhat obvious but
Does no one here have BW2? No 5th gen dudes at all from any of you so I'm guessing not
Welp, I'll be starting it quite soon. As soon as I get the C-Gear in that, I'll register it to my JP DW acc and see how it goes.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My brother had exciting news this morning. He was playing Dream Radar on his Japanese 3DS and found a Sigilyph and got it.

Yeah I know the image sucks and we have no idea what moves it knows or the gender. I'm guessing this stuff will be set when we transfer it over to one of our games. But we don't get them til Monday so we'll have to wait to see I guess.

Important DW thing, if this sprite sheet is complete, then, just as 5th gen pokemon could not appear on BW1's entra-link, the Contrary Serperior family, the Reckless Emboar family, the Shell Armor Samurott family and the Swarm Volcarona family cannot be released via the Dream world on Black 2 and White 2.

Everything else either has one family member potentially available, has no DW ability or is already available by other means. Also I think this implies that Minccino is the only ingame encounter that's male only, so foongus is safe.

Right, I think that's this years post done, see you 2013.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Volcarona? Then what about the in-game stationary encounter for Volcarona? It has to pull a sprite from somewhere. Which means that Volcarona would also be available from the Entralink as well.

Volcarona? Then what about the in-game stationary encounter for Volcarona? It has to pull a sprite from somewhere. Which means that Volcarona would also be available from the Entralink as well.
Volcarona has a three frame animation that can only face in one direction, the entralink requires all four directions and a two frame animation.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I suppose. However it is possible that the in-game stationary encounter gives the DW ability like Amoonguss and Minccino. We'll have to see.

Apparently there's a stationary encounter on Route 4 for Mandibuzz. I've only heard about it, no concrete proof.

I suppose. However it is possible that the in-game stationary encounter gives the DW ability like Amoonguss and Minccino. We'll have to see.

Apparently there's a stationary encounter on Route 4 for Mandibuzz. I've only heard about it, no concrete porrof.
Serebii says no and yes respectively.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Moving this here, should be up to date:

Female Cleffa
Whismur's level up move
Female Aron
Gible's other special move (Endure?)

Yeah I know the image sucks and we have no idea what moves it knows or the gender. I'm guessing this stuff will be set when we transfer it over to one of our games. But we don't get them til Monday so we'll have to wait to see I guess.
Wait so does this mean that you can't find out the gender of the pokemon you catch until you transfer it? Because if that's true then that's gonna be a bit annoying.

atsync

Using Glalie, I got Icy Cave 5/7 times:

Shieldon with Protect (Level-Up Move)

Took home a nice Female Fire Punch Cranidos. I still want Swinub and Sandshrew females though.

Also, I've just been looking on serebii and he is listing 5th gen pokemon in DW areas. Listed ones are:
  • Drilbur and Druddigon in Icy Cave
  • Stunfisk, Alomomola and Basculin in Sparkling Sea
Are these proven at all? Besides Drilbur that is.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
the dw minccino in the forest can't be shiny and is forced male. i just ran through the code.

e: i can check other stuff, just give me save files.

Hello,

I saw this missing from the OP, so I thought I'd share it.

I utilize this post extensively, so I hope this small contribution helps even if it's just a small part. Thank you for the excellent reference for my Pokemon hunting in the Dream World!

There hasn't been any BW2 Dream World statements here yet. But those look plausible I guess we'll just have to see!

Anyhow, nothing to report today. Everything I found is already on the master list.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It depends. If SR can be passed on by only the male knowing it then it's an egg move. If both parents must know it it's not. Many Pokémon have level-up moves that are also egg moves.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yeah don't get too picky about method that the Pokemon learns it unless what I have up there is incorrect, there's a bunch of different ways some of these pokemon learn those moves I'm not going to list them all.

atsync

For Stealth Rock Onix, it is one of its special moves that just happens to be in its level up movepool. The same thing happens with Giga Drain Oddish and a couple of others I think. The funny thing is that we have Burmy's Bug Bite listed as a level-up move for its Cafe entry and as a tutor move for its Mountain entry!

We should probably just list them all as level up moves but it is already listed as a special move (which is technically correct) so there isn't much point changing it really.

EDIT: Basically what Nexus said.

ahem, hello there handsome.

It turns out that a new game = fresh slate of points of homes and all that. Welp, gotta start somewhere. Tucked in Vanilluxe, went to ALL Ice Caves.

There are different mini-games too, for one, there is this Charizard game where you control the Charizard flying, collect 12 Fire symbols (like the Pelipper game) in order to blow up the treasure chest.
The Cafe mini-game is back, it is soooo much better (compare to ice cream) when you are super low on berries.

My Run:

- Druddigon with Bite (Level Up)
- Druddigon with Sucker Punch (Egg)
- Drilbur with Rapid Spin (Level Up)

Took the Druddigon with Sucker Punch (duh), I'm only at Homika right now.

Probably better to compare it to the Victini minigame. Since from the looks of things the Charizard game is a clone of it.

It's cool that it's still around, i liked the game.

Clear, do you mean a new game on the same account? Separate games have separate point counts? Or what?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Probably better to compare it to the Victini minigame. Since from the looks of things the Charizard game is a clone of it.

It's cool that it's still around, i liked the game.

Clear, do you mean a new game on the same account? Separate games have separate point counts? Or what?
This was true even with B/W, I have separate point counts for both games on the same account.

Went today with a Druddigon

here are the results.
6 x Pleasant Forest
6 x Icy Cave
5 x Sparkling Sea
8 x Spooky Manor
5 x Rugged Mountains
4 x Windswept Sky

Other than getting like 2 separate chains of Spooky Manor 3 times in a row, he didn't favor a particular area.

and saw nothing in any of the areas that wasn't already on the list.

Gible used Endure!

Caught a random Cryogonal and tucked it in so I wouldn't get trolled by dual typing again, went to Icy Cave X6 and Sky X1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)