BW2 General Metagame Discussion Thread

canno

formerly The Reptile
Ttar already had fire punch, fire blast was for skarm while still wrecking ferrothorn
It did? I thought all it got was Fire Fang for physical fire moves.

And yeah, I can see what you mean about Skarm. Guess it's not as useful as I thought it would be.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I think double sand would be a liability now, with keldeo and the genies everywhere as well as an increased usage of mamoswine. I can't see hippowdon doing much (and I would like to be corrected on this).

Sand shouldn't have that much trouble dealing with politoed though. Grass types were a must for them anyway. And unlike ninetales, politoed has no business switching into Tyranitar (I use banded Tyranitar myself).

I think double sand would be a liability now, with keldeo and the genies everywhere as well as an increased usage of mamoswine. I can't see hippowdon doing much (and I would like to be corrected on this).

Sand shouldn't have that much trouble dealing with politoed though. Grass types were a must for them anyway. And unlike ninetales, politoed has no business switching into Tyranitar (I use banded Tyranitar myself).
Good point. Politoed can't switch into ttar, and depending on the set, ttar can easily switch into politoed (it can't switch into something like specs hydro pump or focus blast but most people run defensive politoed these days because the specs set is just bad) and scare it out, nailing it with pursuit...or crunch if it's dumb enough to stay in.

I think that now with keldeo and tornadus T and thundurus T facilitating offensive rain drizzle should be banned.The combo ban doesnt go far enough in my opinion
The Meta was sinking into bulky offensive but now its going to be like pre thundurus ban b/w
If Drizzle does get banned Sand Stall Could be viable with roost poison heal Gliscor but we will have to wait and see

Calling it now:
Tornadus-T=OU maybe BL?
Thundurus-T=OU
Landorus-T=OU
Black Kyurem=Uber (obviously)
White Kyurem=Uber (also obviously)
Keldeo/Keldeo-R=OU maybe BL?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
And 95 base speed alongside an awful defensIve typing. He still warrants a test at least. Si on gamefaqs did a bunch of calcs for steel types that can tank W-Kyurem's Draco meteors and the list of survivors is bigger than I thought.

I'm not convinced Black Kyurem is broken in OU, even though I think the meta will be better off without it. The damage upgrade from Haxorus isn't that significant in terms of KO's, especially now Haxorus got Superpower and Aqua Tail. Also, it isn't hard to revenge when it locks itself into Outrage.

EDIT: I really can't see W Kyurem staying, or even being tested. That Draco Meteor backed up by Fire and either Fighting or Ground coverage to hit Jirachi / Heatran / Tyranitar etc...literally nothing can switch in safely, and most special walls risk being easily 2HKO'd if they mispredict (out of the very few which aren't destroyed by DM). Unlike Victini and Darmanitan, it also gets a lot of opportunities to just spam attacks, because its typing flat out beats Water / Grass / Electrics together with it's nice bulk.

Calling it now:
Tornadus-T=OU maybe BL?
Thundurus-T=OU
Landorus-T=OU
Black Kyurem=Uber (obviously)
White Kyurem=Uber (also obviously)
Keldeo/Keldeo-R=OU maybe BL?
How can tornadus-t be Borderline? It has power, speed, regenerator to abuse life orb, good coverage (Hurricane/Focus Blast/Heat Wave/HP). It will be top OU. I see Landorus-T will have low usage, instead.
The same goes for Keldeo: specs Hydropump is really something to watch out for, especially in rain. And the few counters are poke that rain eats for breakfast.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
How can tornadus-t be Borderline? It has power, speed, regenerator to abuse life orb, good coverage (Hurricane/Focus Blast/Heat Wave/HP). It will be top OU. I see Landorus-T will have low usage, instead.
The same goes for Keldeo: specs Hydropump is really something to watch out for, especially in rain. And the few counters are poke that rain eats for breakfast.
Agree 100% this. Espically on the Keldeo/Keldeo-R part. That Specs Hydro Pump in rain can basically 2HKO the whole tier except for the obvious bulky waters.

Of all of them i thought that landorus-t would be a possible borderline and btw you clearly havent used a keldeo i think that it is definitely in OU. thundurus might be uber. lando may be bl IMO

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone been using landorus-T at all? I've seen no talk and no usage yet (though I've only had a few matches).

So mamoswine continues to be amazing. Giga drain chlorophyll venusaur continues to kick ass. Giga drain volcorona is way better than I expected, and thundurus-T is not as threatening as I thought he would be. The lack of switch ins is still scary as hell though. There's sp. def Camerupt and... =\
Latios is his best counter, use it if he troubles you...

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Scarf Thundurus-T is really good at beating regular Thundurus-T, it can switch in on Tbolt or Vswitch and revenge with HP Ice. Give that a try.

Still wishing it got Lightningrod, though...imagine +1 LO Agility Thundurus-T in rain.

Im totally offended by the fact that he put Landorus as Obvious OU yet not do the same with Tornadus T

Seriously, Landorus T probably get the biggest shaft amongst the T forms

Excadrill would be healthy for this meta IMO. It can switch-in to non-Focus Blast Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T. Gliscor, Amoonguss, Conkeldurr, and Landorus-T counter it, and Keldeo checks it. Also, it spins and gets Stealth Rock, which is cool. Also, sand needs all the help it can get ATM.

Garchomp would also be fine. With rain dominating, Sand Veil is not as big of an issue, and multiple new threats can beat it, including the Therian genies and Keldeo. Also, Haxorus gives it competition for a teamslot. Oh and Ice Shard Thick Fat Mamoswine.

Thundurus-I (like the others) seems okay. It looks like Thundurus-T outclasses it, and Tornadus-T can check it. In addition, Regenerator Amoonguss and the more useful now Gastrodon beat it as well. Ice Shard Thick Fat Mamoswine is a thing.

I'm on an iPod and don't want write a whole ton now, but other than Shaymin-S I could totally see AfroThunderRule's list of retestings being viable.

EDIT: If this sounds stupid then sorry, or if whatever examples don't make any sense. Also sorry if this isn't the appropriate place.
Excadrill and Garchomp are Ubers.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Sand Rush Sandslash is surprisingly good. You can run an offensive Swords Dance set with Rapid Spin, or you could go bulky Rapid Spin.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
hail gets nothing.... like always ._.
Doesn't a White Kyurem spamming Blizzard coming off a 170 base SpA counts?

I am only sad that sand got really nothing notable with BW2 with exception of Sand Rush Sandslash. While it's true that the general options from OP works on the sand, as the name says they are GENERAL, sand could get something that only works with them like Rain and Sun did. I would agree if Garchomp and Excadrill were to be retested.

BW2 and sand wasn't all bad imo. The Amoonguss Slowbro core works well together in sand and stoutland got superpower. I'm using a sand team right now.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And 95 base speed alongside an awful defensIve typing. He still warrants a test at least. Si on gamefaqs did a bunch of calcs for steel types that can tank W-Kyurem's Draco meteors and the list of survivors is bigger than I thought.
White Kyurem can also obliterate every single steelsave Heatran type in the game with Fusion Flare.

I don't think anyone who plays competitively would ever want Kyurem forms to touch OU. You have to grasp just how strong 170 Base is and that's not even counting the bulk this thing has. An awful defensive typing is arguable as well. Resists to Water, Grass, Electric, neutrality to Fire and Ice, and weaknesses to Steel, Fight, Rock, Dragon. If you focus only on the weaknesses you might assume it sucks but realize that resistances to Water, Grass, and Electric allows it to switch-in to many Pokemon in OU without taking much damage when combined with it's bulk.

Watching the metagame turn into "who can spam Draco Meteors faster" + "3 Steels on every team" is not my idea of "deserving of a test".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)