Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mewtwo likes Unnerve because it doesn't let Chople Darkrai fuck up its fun.

But that's just only one example.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jeepers, if you wanna discuss this game competitively, please take it over to the topic in Overused. Orange Islands is a forum for non-competitive Pokemon discussion. Thankee!

So, Serebii's saying you can find the Mulch items in the "Hidden Hollows"? I wonder what use they could have, considering you can't grow berries.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There were numerous items in BW1 that had no use in the game. I assume the Mulch items are the same; however, it is possible there exists a "mulch connoisseur" that buys the mulch for an elevated price (similar to the rock/food enthusiasts in BW1).

It's true there might be a "mulch maniac", but BW1's vendor trash was still labeled. Even stuff like Shoal Salt said "a maniac may buy it for a high price". The descriptions he's given are not.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So just random opinions on the soundtrack: most of it is so solid, but I'll put some of the thoughts in spoilers:
E4 theme - so glad they didn't change this one.
Champion theme - What is it as of late and the Champion theme being so not really... bad ass? At least it matches with the theme... so I can't complain too much.
Johto Gym Theme - honestly, a disappointment. I loved HG/SS's theme so much more than this. I guess it's not "bad", though, by any means. Just not as epic, per se.

I'm loving most of the sound tracks though. They did an awesome job with this game. Mad props, Gamefreak.

Speaking of which, are those people who will buy certain items at much higher prices still present in B2/W2?
The description of the Mulch confirms this, yeah.

edit basing it off this guy
Is there anything else you need to do to get the challenge key other then beating the champion? I beat her twice and only got assist key..

Found tangela and zangooze in hidden hollows, both with their DW abilities, also found "stable mulch".
It says "a maniac will buy it for a high price", any idea where that maniac is?

edit:
Also found a combee with its DW ability in the lostlorn forest hollow

Oh, so there's someone who'll buy the mulch? I was actually referring to the ones that already existed, though- especially the guy who you sell the Relic items to. I have a full set of them in Black version I intend to trade over in order to be financially set in Black 2.

Oh, so there's someone who'll buy the mulch? I was actually referring to the ones that already existed, though- especially the guy who you sell the Relic items to. I have a full set of them in Black version I intend to trade over in order to be financially set in Black 2.
If they added one for mulch I'm sure they did not take away the others

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We're still unlocking the secrets of B2W2 and, as some of you may know, N's Pokemon have special sparkle animations.

[youtube]YMyo_Il8PlY[/youtube]

Here's an example of another sparkle animation. We still don't know what they are for or how to get them asides from hacking.

-- N's animation on a shiny Pokemon (they do stack!)

Is it possible the animation may be tied to a ribbon? Like one of those special ribbons that keep things off the GTS

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No, it's a hidden hex in the PKM data that has no relation to ribbons. It's a flag that says "play this too!"

Consider it like a ball capsule, except totally different and we don't know how to change it.

Odd. I saw a video where someone sent out their Zoroark, and it had some sort of unique sparkle, but it looked nothing like that Thundurus's.

Nevertheless, N's Pokémon intrigue me greatly now.

That explains why when I was using Zoroark without it having Illusion activated have that extra animation.

The music got much better in B/W 2. Favorite ones atm are Team Plasma, Ghetis, and champion Iris themes.

So, I'm guessing N's Pokémon will appear in the wild wherever their kind are normally found? IE: his Pidove will only appear in areas populated by other Pidove, his Darumaka in the Route 4 area, etc. How early can this happen? How rare are they? Can anyone provide a video of the player encountering one of N's Pokémon in the wild?

edit basing it off this guy
Huh. serebii has stuff like "A fertilizer to be spread on soft soil. It ups the number of times new plants grow where mature plants withered." for descriptions. Guess he just put up the older text.

We're still unlocking the secrets of B2W2 and, as some of you may know, N's Pokemon have special sparkle animations.

[youtube]YMyo_Il8PlY[/youtube]

Here's an example of another sparkle animation. We still don't know what they are for or how to get them asides from hacking.

-- N's animation on a shiny Pokemon (they do stack!)

Wait this confused me more then it should. If you battle N's pokemon in the wild your pokemon does the shine/sparkle thingy? Not N's pokemon itself?

You can send the key for Challenge Mode via wireless to other copies no matter how far along they are.
So you can only send it through via local wireless? Boo. Does the key carry over if you start a new game?

Growlithe appears before the 2nd gym. Pupitar and Tyranitar appear in the post-game.

Riolu appears in both versions of the game.
Thanks.

Wait this confused me more then it should. If you battle N's pokemon in the wild your pokemon does the shine/sparkle thingy? Not N's pokemon itself?
The picture's showing what N's Pokemon sparkling thingy looks on a shiny Pokemon given it, not that the sparkle thing happens on your Pokemon when you encounter N's Pokemon.

Basically it's an example of what could happen, not what may necessarily happen.

I just met a Breloom in a hidden hollow :O But all these Hidden hollow pokémon seam to be gender-locked male so far :/

Well, there was a picture of a female foongus from a hollow. Also I haven't heard anything other than the minccino being male only. But I might have missed something.

Okay, so far all my hidden hollow pokés have been male, but that is determinated when you enter the hollow or something :/ Regarding N's pokémon, they seam to be somewhat easy to run into :) Uhm, N's Boldore is Naive :/ Looks like is also have all 30 IVs thought :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)