5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Minor question...
Somebody might be already be using 9.96 version of Reporter.

But is it finished or not yet?
Since the title of this thread still has 9.95 in it :p

Can't seem to figure out why Eontimer doesn't work well for me. I'm using Windows 7, and running as administrator, but all I see is this:

Can see to expand the window or fix the issue at all. Any ideas?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Can't seem to figure out why Eontimer doesn't work well for me.
*snip*
Can see to expand the window or fix the issue at all. Any ideas?
It appears your system default font size is larger than default. Try lowering it to 100% if that's the case. If not post your screen resolution.

9.96 is still in alpha, so it's not "officially" released yet.
It's basically ready I'm pretty sure I just need to talk to a few people and make a few tweaks. It also has almost full BW2 support since 8am this morning thanks to Bond's research.

I've been trying to learn Entralink Abuse from PoJ's awesome guide and so far I've managed to hit my CGear Seed few times with correct target second. I'm stuck at this part:

***Note to 9.96 Alpha 6 users: The Entralink Seed Search has a small issue with the delay calibration feature, because it doesn't account for the standard seed seconds offset. For example, if I enter in 80 for my calibrated delay in alpha 6, and Entralink Seed Search gives me a standard seed with a target second of 45, then when I enter all my info into Eon Timer, the first timer will be 45 seconds. This is a problem, however, because on a DS Lite, if you enter the game at 45 seconds, the standard seed you will hit will be 46 seconds. In order to fix this, just toy around with the value you put into the delay calibration box. My calibrated delay is -80, and I fixed the issue by putting 50 in the delay calibration box (subtracted 30 from 80. I don't know why it worked but it did).
I'm using DS lite as well and I'm not able to hit my Standard Seed with EonTimer because of that offset described above. My problem is that I don't understand how toying with the calibration can fix this issue. o.O Some help would be really appreciated. <3

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
So do we know if B/W 2 use the same RNG as B/W 1 yet? Or is it too soon to know?
Nearly identical so far. To the regular RNGer you should just have to select that your game is Black 2 instead of Black 1 and everything else should be the same.

I'm stuck at this part:

I'm using DS lite as well and I'm not able to hit my Standard Seed with EonTimer because of that offset described above. My problem is that I don't understand how toying with the calibration can fix this issue. o.O Some help would be really appreciated. <3
If you wait for 9.96's release sometime soon (I hope) or get the alpha it has the ability for you to input your Calibration.

If you're impatient post all the information you have and we can try to help you.

If you wait for 9.96's release sometime soon (I hope) or get the alpha it has the ability for you to input your Calibration.

If you're impatient post all the information you have and we can try to help you.
I'm using 9.96's alpha 6, is DS lite's standard seed offset taken into account in that version? :o If that's the case, I was probably hitting some other Timer0 pretty often (and updated EonTimer with wrong information).

I can wait for next release, it's probably easier for everyone. x) Thanks from fast response!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
I'm using 9.96's alpha 6, is DS lite's standard seed offset taken into account in that version? :o If that's the case, I was probably hitting some other Timer0 pretty often (and updated EonTimer with wrong information).
Either that or you need to adjust the calibration within RNG Reporter and not touch Eon Timer. Their calibrations aren't always the same. I think mine is 30 less in RNG Reporter than it is in Eon Timer.

I tried using the tone of Chatot's Chatter to find my PIDRNG frame, and for whatever reason, the tones were the opposite of what RNG Reporter said they should be (low was high, and high was low, etc.) I was able to verify my frame by just mashing the x button when I started, and was able to hit my target frame. I may not have the best ear in the world, but I'm pretty sure it's not that bad. Did anyone else experience something similar?

Anyone found the parameters for Japanese White2 on emu?

I tried Vcounts from 10 to C0, Timer0 from 200 to 1500 and Vframe from 5 to 9 and nothing.

I was hoping I could get a little help. I’ve been trying to get a Calm Thundurus (31/18/30/31/31/31) for a couple of days with no luck. If anyone could assist on figuring out the correct starting frame using PID%6, I would greatly appreciate it.
Seed: C3503C751B2C24C0
PID: 200BA334
Here are my Chatot results:
0 Bold Often dozes off
5 Naughty Alert to sounds
10 Brave Mischievious
15 Serious Often dozes off
20 Lonely Alert to sounds
23 Quirky Alert to sounds
30 Naughty Mischievious
37 Sassy Alert to sounds
40 Hardy Often dozes off

Edit: Never mind. Going another way with this.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone found the parameters for Japanese White2 on emu?

I tried Vcounts from 10 to C0, Timer0 from 200 to 1500 and Vframe from 5 to 9 and nothing.
There's some other stuff that's different besides the parameters IIRC, probably better to just wait until the next Reporter release.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's some other stuff that's different besides the parameters IIRC, probably better to just wait until the next Reporter release.
Confirming this.

I've been trying to learn Entralink Abuse from PoJ's awesome guide and so far I've managed to hit my CGear Seed few times with correct target second. I'm stuck at this part:

Are you using the release version of 1.6? I added the ability to update everything at the same time and it will fix this for you.

Hello, I am new to RNGing, and I am trying to breed a shiny Bagon in BW. I'm using a DS lite.

I downloaded the mirror RNG posted a few pages ago from mediafire, I believe it's v9.95beta.

I found a seed for my shiny Bagon, and completed everything that was instructed in the BW RNG Manipulation Guide, first setting the correct dates and then beginning the game one second before my seed time for the Bagon.

I didn't press any buttons until I passed the white Nintendo logo, I didn't start the cgear, and I furiously mashed the menu button while the screen displaying the season disappeared and brought up the menu before the NPCs wandering around the yard advanced the frames. I advanced the frames in the menu with my Chatots 229 times, the number of frames my seed says.

Then I closed the menu and once again furiously mashed the A button and succeeded in talking to the dude before the NPCs walked any. I picked up my egg and immediately flew to Victory Road and caught a Mienfoo.

I checked its IVs and they match frame 20 of the Adjacent Seed Checker, and the tool states that you hit your seed if it matches frames 14-20 in the white.

My Bagon hatched unshiny.

What did I do wrong?

Hello, I am new to RNGing, and I am trying to breed a shiny Bagon in BW. I'm using a DS lite.

I downloaded the mirror RNG posted a few pages ago from mediafire, I believe it's v9.95beta.

I found a seed for my shiny Bagon, and completed everything that was instructed in the BW RNG Manipulation Guide, first setting the correct dates and then beginning the game one second before my seed time for the Bagon.

I didn't press any buttons until I passed the white Nintendo logo, I didn't start the cgear, and I furiously mashed the menu button while the screen displaying the season disappeared and brought up the menu before the NPCs wandering around the yard advanced the frames. I advanced the frames in the menu with my Chatots 229 times, the number of frames my seed says.

Then I closed the menu and once again furiously mashed the A button and succeeded in talking to the dude before the NPCs walked any. I picked up my egg and immediately flew to Victory Road and caught a Mienfoo.

I checked its IVs and they match frame 20 of the Adjacent Seed Checker, and the tool states that you hit your seed if it matches frames 14-20 in the white.

My Bagon hatched unshiny.

What did I do wrong?
Did you determine your shifted starting frame, the frame you hit after chattering once, collecting the egg, getting a match in frames 14-20 for the caught pokemon and hatching the egg and matching it with rng reporter's Breeding BW? You need to determine your shifted starting frame first in order to be sure how many times you advance with chatot's chatter.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The NPCs advance the frame before you can bring up the menu, you just have to deal with them. Use the nature, gender, and other clues to figure out what frame you hit (I suggest doing a test run with no Chatters just to make it easier), then adjust for that.

Also, I'd recommend looking for a spread on a lower frame, breeding seeds are easy to find so there's really no reason to make it that hard on yourself.

The problem is is that I'm searching for a shiny Bagon that has flawless EVs in HP, Atk and Spe. The only seed I came up with while searching through 8 months of frames was that one.

I will recheck my Shifted Starting Frame, and check how many advances my Chatter makes.

One more question, how does this explain me hitting the seed with the captured Mienfoo in the Adjacent Seed Tool? It told me to check if I hit the egg seed by capturing someting immediately and seeing if it was in the white between frames 14-20. It was. So what does that mean?

Thank you for your quick reply :)

The problem is is that I'm searching for a shiny Bagon that has flawless EVs in HP, Atk and Spe. The only seed I came up with while searching through 8 months of frames was that one.

I will recheck my Shifted Starting Frame, and check how many advances my Chatter makes.

One more question, how does this explain me hitting the seed with the captured Mienfoo in the Adjacent Seed Tool? It told me to check if I hit the egg seed by capturing someting immediately and seeing if it was in the white between frames 14-20. It was. So what does that mean?

Thank you for your quick reply :)
well... im not sure about adjacent seed tool. just try going to the main window of rng reporter and changing the drop down tab to GEN V IVs (Standard Seed) then change starting frame to 14. Go to pokedex iv checker of rng reporter, and input stats of caught pokemon in victory road after getting the egg to determine the iv range. if the range matches any frame from 14-20, you got your timer0 correct, proceed to hatch egg and determine what frame it is that matches with (Breeding, BW) of rng reporter. if the iv range doesn't match frames 14-20, go back to hitting your target time, making 1 chatter, catching pokemon from victory road again.

edit: do note that you need to chatter once before you collect the egg to determine your advances, in order to find what you hit.
if however you get something like this after generating Breeding, BW with seed input:

46: Naive
47: Rash
48: Rash
49: Quirky

then you got rash, you need to do a second chatter, to determine if this example follows the pattern rng dictates. if on second attempt with 2 chatters, you get rash again then your shifted starting frame is 47, if you get quirky on second chatter your shifted starting frame is 48.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Are you using keypresses? If not, try it, that should give you a lot more results. If you are, then I don't know why you aren't getting more.

IVs for wild Pokémon (and the bred IVs, but they're partially overwritten by inheritance) are separate from the PID frame, so if you get the right IVs on the capture then that means you hit the seed but did the wrong number of Chatters.

I seem to be having problems trying to RNG egg's, to be specific a shiny litwick. This is honestly my first trying to RNG and I can't really find out where my problem is. I start the game and use sweet scent to immediately catch a pokemon and use pokecheck to get it's exact IV's. Then using all the information I found a good frame to hit and I tried a couple of times but I never got it and eventually I got a litwick with a nature that was nowhere in the list of possibilities. I just don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. Does saving after you catch the pokemon as you log in mess up the seed? I also know that with all the moving NPC's near the old man can change the frame but are there any tricks or advice that you guys can give me to counter that problem and also and tips to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I seem to be having problems trying to RNG egg's, to be specific a shiny litwick. This is honestly my first trying to RNG and I can't really find out where my problem is. I start the game and use sweet scent to immediately catch a pokemon and use pokecheck to get it's exact IV's. Then using all the information I found a good frame to hit and I tried a couple of times but I never got it and eventually I got a litwick with a nature that was nowhere in the list of possibilities. I just don't quite know what I'm doing wrong. Does saving after you catch the pokemon as you log in mess up the seed? I also know that with all the moving NPC's near the old man can change the frame but are there any tricks or advice that you guys can give me to counter that problem and also and tips to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Your post is a little unclear at points, did you find your parameters? If so, what are they?
When you hit the wrong seed, try using the Adjacent Seed Tool and compare the IVs to see if you're hitting the wrong Timer0 or second.
Saving after you catch the Pokémon doesn't change anything, everything about it is set by that point.
There's nothing you can do about NPCs except deal with it; however, the top floor of Celestial Tower is NPC-free so you can RNG Litwick there without dealing with them (just make sure to use the right floor's encounter slots).

Your post is a little unclear at points, did you find your parameters? If so, what are they?
When you hit the wrong seed, try using the Adjacent Seed Tool and compare the IVs to see if you're hitting the wrong Timer0 or second.
Saving after you catch the Pokémon doesn't change anything, everything about it is set by that point.
There's nothing you can do about NPCs except deal with it; however, the top floor of Celestial Tower is NPC-free so you can RNG Litwick there without dealing with them (just make sure to use the right floor's encounter slots).
I don't really understand the encounter slots, how difficult are they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)