Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Hey guys, I've got some useless trivia about Challenge Mode! Sorry if no-one cares about this, I'm just finding Challenge Mode really interesting.

I just tested the Elite Four in postgame Challenge Mode, they have teams of Pokemon at Lv. 77 with their signature at 79 (meaning the levels on Serebii are off, as he said they might be). This is 5 levels higher than normal mode and Drayden's CM team posted a little while back was 4 levels higher than the norm, so we can assume that the Elite Four and Iris at the end of the main game have levels ranging between 60 and 64 (depending on whether they're 4 or 5 levels higher than normal). The only Leagues that can even compete with this levelling are Kanto's (where Gary's starter is at 65) and DP Sinnoh's (Cynthia's Level 66 Garchomp), but those Leagues have a much lower average level than BW2's due to the E4 starting low and getting higher. So yeah, BW2 Challenge Mode should be the hardest League ever in terms of levels!

Oh yeah and the AI in Challenge Mode is no joke. They're like Emerald Frontier Brains. Who can also switch out.

vvv You unlock Challenge Mode in Black 2 after beating Iris and you can activate it for the post-game (Banjirou, League rematches, catching Legendaries etc). To get it in the main story then yeah, you have to link with another game that already has it unlocked.
The levels on the site are from the game, it seems the Challenge/Assist levels are recalculated on the fly. For them to include the seperate teams and still have the change, they had to have the base data as standard

Now That's what I've been waiting for! Sounds like he's begging for an epic fight. Where is he? and is he Re-battleable?
We're not sure even where he is, much less if you can refight these teams.
He's basically the only trainer we don't know about fighting so far as I know.

edit: Oh right there is one other fight with N. In the post game sidequest to get Zekrom/Reshiram & then Kyurem, you fight his level 70 Zekrom/Reshiram

Just a quick thought regarding challenge/assist modes. We know that a player from Black can give Challenge Mode to a player from White pre-E4, but can they also give it to another player from Black?

Just a quick thought regarding challenge/assist modes. We know that a player from Black can give Challenge Mode to a player from White pre-E4, but can they also give it to another player from Black?
I would venture to say yes; otherwise, nobody playing Black 2 would be able to do a playthrough from the beginning in Challenge mode, and likewise for players of White 2 in Assist mode.

Speaking of which, do we have any data of Assist mode, other than "it's just easy mode"?
The first battle with your rival puts his starter at Lv. 4, rather than 5 in normal mode and 6 in Challenge Mode. Levels at the end of the game are supposedly 5 levels lower (i.e. Iris' strongest is Haxorus at Lv. 54). So basically the levelling emulates BW1. Don't know anything about AI in Assist Mode though, I would assume it's like DP's where they choose the right move about half the time and just do random stuff otherwise.

So, the CM AI behaves like Emerald's Frontier Brains, with better and more competitive teams, while the AM AI behaves (almost if not quite) like a wild Pokémon, with CC-like teams.

I still can't find these hidden hollows other than the one Bianca shown me and within Losthorn Forest. Heard they're one within Route 7 but I haven't seen it. BTW how many of you plan on breeding a couple of Pokemon from BW1 and transferring them to BW2 as soon as able to trade? I'm thinking of in-game story with a Houndoom myself.

Type: Electric/Flying (U1) / Psychic/Electric (U2)
Ability: Levitate
Stat: 100/100/100/100/100/100

(M1) /
(M2)

Type: Steel (M1) / Steel/Electric (M2)
Ability: Analytic (M1) / Flash Fire (M2)
Stat: 100/100/100/100/100/100

Can't wait for Wurmple's Cascufo & Silcufo evolutions in gen 6

Not sure why one would ever evolve Pupitar into Mechatar M1

BTW how many of you plan on breeding a couple of Pokemon from BW1 and transferring them to BW2 as soon as able to trade? I'm thinking of in-game story with a Houndoom myself.
I already have Trubbish and Drifloon Eggs ready to go. The Trubbish has Stench and will know Gunk Shot, Rock Blast, and two other moves I don't remember, and the Drifloon has Flare Boost and will know Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball, and Psychic. I'll be getting Sewaddle, Growlithe, Riolu, and Oshawott in the game itself, though.

EDIT: The first UFO thing is a Flying-type with Levitate. I know it's just for Pokéstar Studios, but seriously? You'd think they'd have learned their lesson with Fan Rotom. But then again, these are the same guys who gave Tynamo access to Magnet Rise...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ya I still have to rip those; what I posted was the full on maxed out ones.

Finished up on the VGC/WCS 2011 World Tournament Teams

(again, nintendo didn't put the entire nickname so it looks like they won't be displayed ingame :| )

edit: as omegadonut pointed out, Brian's Mienshao has Rock Blast. I double checked and it's GameFreak's fault! ~~it should be rock slide?
...So we won't be able to face CRITICO the Jellicent? Boring.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh, I see. Also, another question. It seems there's no defined ability for the World Tour teams, so I might guess we have a chance to face Morty using a Shadow Tag Chandelure in one battle and a Flame Body one in another?
abilities aren't set, but they require a certain flag to have DW abilities iirc

no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)