Pokemon.com's Pokemon Power Bracket: Mew wins!

Orange Islands is the place for non-competitive stuff, right?

http://www.pokemon.com/powerbracket/us/

Apparently, they're going to have a huge tournament on Pokemon.com between all the Legendary Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, with the winning Pokémon "tak[ing] over Pokemon.com for an entire week, and a special downloadable prize pack will be given away to everyone to celebrate the victory!"

It's entirely possible that the "winner" will be our equivalent to Japan's V-Create Rayquaza, having a special move that could be awesome.

Currently, they're doing prelims over the next three days in which the Kanto Birds and the Johto Beasts fight over the last three slots in the bracket.

I voted for Articuno today, though it's probably not gonna win. EDIT: Apparently I ignored the side buttons and voted for Zapdos and Suicune. How the hell is Zapdos losing to Entei in this poll?

It's probably a dummied down version of that cover mascot event that led to V-Create Rayquaza. Curious if they're going to add event Pokemon into the mix or if they are going to rig the votes like during the befriend a Pokemon thing for dreamworld where Arceus won (I believe it was done so America and Japan could relatively keep similar pokemon released kinda) and then they just say Rayquaza won. Oh well here's hoping for DW abilities for something not Lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, or Giratin if they have dw abilities anyway.

Edit: If Arceus wins I give up on Pokemon. Arceus is far to common for people's vote because it's "The Alpha Pokemon". Hopefully getting one from the Befriend a Pokemon thing helps prevent it.

Also might as well give up on Zapdos lightning rod. It's massively using to Entei. And in general the dogs are going to win against the birds.

It's probably a dummied down version of that cover mascot event that led to V-Create Rayquaza. Curious if they're going to add event Pokemon into the mix or if they are going to rig the votes like during the befriend a Pokemon thing for dreamworld where Arceus won so Rayquaza wins (I believe it was done so America and Japan could relatively keep similar pokemon released kinda). Oh well here's hoping for DW abilities for something not Lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, or Giratin if they have dw abilities anyway.
My initial thoughts, exactly, though I don't believe this is "dummied down" because instead of having 15, we have 32 choices. It's like they made it more complicated.

As for if they're going to fix the votes... I guess we'll have to see. *shrugs*

In case anyone is wondering why this no longer is on the Pokémon website (at least as of this posting), one of TPCi's servers was acting up.

This all assumes that we're getting an actual Pokemon (much less one with a dream ability) out of this and it's not just some junk for your trainer avatar, of course.
And man I feel sorry for whatever goes against Mewtwo & Arceus. Rigged or not that's just mean.

Also hey it's Phione! I guess it's a legendary again.

My votes went for Raikou, Zapdos, and Suicune. I think Entei's winning because to kids/casual players, he looks 'tougher' and more imposing than Zapdos does (tbh, he does). If Arceus wins, I won't be surprised, but I won't be terribly happy, either.

Also, the contents of this "prize pack" peak my curiosity. Does that term infer that more than one Pokemon will be given away?

My votes went for Raikou, Zapdos, and Suicune. I think Entei's winning because to kids/casual players, he looks 'tougher' and more imposing than Zapdos does (tbh, he does). If Arceus wins, I won't be surprised, but I won't be terribly happy, either.

Also, the contents of this "prize pack" peak my curiosity. Does that term infer that more than one Pokemon will be given away?
It doesn't even infer that a Pokemon is being given away period.
It could very well just be random on-site junk like wallpapers, trainer avatar stuff, etc

It doesn't even infer that a Pokemon is being given away period.
It could very well just be random on-site junk like wallpapers, trainer avatar stuff, etc
This is true. But it just "smells" too much like the similar Japanese Promotion that ended up in V-Create Victini.

This is true. But it just "smells" too much like the similar Japanese Promotion that ended up in V-Create Rayquaza.
The Japanese contest was between all box Pokemon, not just legends. And usually they're pretty up front about giving away Pokemon if only because it's a nice thing to advertise.

I dunno, I guess we'll know for sure in like 6 weeks

breh

強いだね
I'd hate to see Articuno get iced this early.
dohoho

pity that Zapdos is out so early; I guess it really is nice to have your own movie about you, unfortunately.

Agreeing with Knights of Wario Land that Lightningrod Zapdos would change the meta for VGC quite a bit.

All the people talking about DW Abilities: If there is even a Pokémon distributed because of this rather lengthy poll, it's probably not going to be a DW Pokémon. Because they almost never are.

All the kids are just going to vote for the cool fire ubers, and awesome pokes like Zapdos will get left in the dust...

Poor Moltres. The other two are hovering in the mid 30s and have maybe even gone higher from yesterday

Moltres has just gone down down down

Voted Suicune, Raikou, and Zapdos because if dw abilities are given away if the pokemon are actually given away (Which is a fair shot because this being somewhat similar to the box mascot giveaway) then these would all be fantastic. Suicune and Raikou are great and Zapdos satisfies the people who play vgc (even though it doesn't look like it will win).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So wait a minute. You have a preliminary for the Legendary Birds vs. the Legendary Dogs, but all of the Regis and Elves got in?

So wait a minute. You have a preliminary for the Legendary Birds vs. the Legendary Dogs, but all of the Regis and Elves got in?
It makes sense from a "gripping" persepective. The birds & dogs are likely way more noticeable and "interesting" so it gets people to look at and vote for the bracket and then from there keep checking in and such.

Does anyone realize that the winners will have to face Arceus, Mewtwo, and Deoxys? Which are some of the most powerful pokes in competitive and noncompetitive battling. Not to mention they're infamous.

Oh god, I hope Arceus doesn't win again. At least Zapdos has a possibility of beating Entei now. (Sort of)
I don't understand what anyone sees as appealing in the legendary gerbils...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Zapdos looks epic. I understand people not liking the other 2 though as they are bad in battles and don't look that cool
Zapdos doesn't look "epic", and that's pretty much why it's losing: a lot of people either dislike it, or think Entei is better. I know that, as a kid, I found Entei to look better/cooler, but liked Zapdos more because it was powerful. It has always been ugly to me, but its battling prowess made me like it a lot. But you can't expect the majority of the kids/casual/dontgiveafuck players to vote using competitive logic lol.

It also kinda saddens me to see Articuno losing but FUCK THIS I want a shot at Volt Absorb Raikou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)