Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Move Tutor Moves

Why Haxorus doesn't get the punches:
I've always wanted to use this gif in a serious post.

Anyway, do you think Ninetales will more commonly run ResTalk or Pain Split? And what about Cofagrigus? Ninetales doesn't stay in for more than one turn most of the time, so Pain Split seems better on it. I think Cofagrigus's low HP is perfect for Pain Split, but ResTalk seems superior on it to remove status.
Just wanted this gif to stay with me lol. And on tails, I think rest talk will be better. Because hazard and let's say, toxic take their toll. But with rest talk she's able to shrug it off, rest off hazard damage, and still be able to toxic, fire blast, or whatever the hell she's running.

Just wanted this gif to stay with me lol. And on tails, I think rest talk will be better. Because hazard and let's say, toxic take their toll. But with rest talk she's able to shrug it off, rest off hazard damage, and still be able to toxic, fire blast, or whatever the hell she's running.
TBH I think SubSplit is where she will succed. Ninetales already has a setsimilar to subsplit with just filler moves in the 4th spot. It is practically begging for SubSplit to be on there ;,; I would imagine Pain Split can be put to good use especially against Tyranitar. Tyranitar comes in on Ninetales frequently and with so many people running the garbage mixed set, she can get quite a bit of health from that 404 HP stat. Even Politoed is good to sap HP from since the defensive set is neck-and-neck with the choice sets and it has a relatively big base 90 HP (384 HP).

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, ReStalk should make an impact now that it has been widely distributed and Ninetales could prove this statement to be true. I documented roughly one year ago on how much more stable Politoed with Rest was, due to how you can replenish your health on a vast array of threats and continue to pose a threat whilst still asleep.

Sleep Talk couples this combination together and allows for more team diversity as one is not so desperate to find Wish support in order to keep their weather starter fresh, yet make its presense felt as often as it can initiate an attack.

I ran Scald + Perish Song but feel it had much more to give then. With Ninetales, you're looking at either Roar + Flamethrower w/STalk or which ever is best suited for your team; maybe even Calm Mind and a physically defensive EV spread.

SubSplit is viable but behind Substitute, there is much more that you could do rather than to balance out you and your opponents' HP. For example, not making an attacking move when the opportunity presents itself and you misjudge the damage Ninetales is about to take directly as you attempt to scale out the margin between HP, you're instead forced to sacrafice one of your Pokemon to take the incoming strike. It's risky business and better left for Gengar alone.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Fire Punch would make it overpowered, due to Dragon/Fire combination with Mold Breaker. Reshiram's in Ubers for that same combination. Perfect coverage.
Brick Breaker has the same BP as Fire Punch and already gives perfect coverage with Dragon.

So when does Honchkrow become top tier OU?

Honch @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Moxie
252 Atk/252 SpD

Super power
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Heat Wave

1 revenge kill and it wrecks pretty much every team

Yes, ReStalk should make an impact now that it has been widely distributed and Ninetales could prove this statement to be true. I documented roughly one year ago on how much more stable Politoed with Rest was, due to how you can replenish your health on a vast array of threats and continue to pose a threat whilst still asleep.

Sleep Talk couples this combination together and allows for more team diversity as one is not so desperate to find Wish support in order to keep their weather starter fresh, yet make its presense felt as often as it can initiate an attack.

I ran Scald + Perish Song but feel it had much more to give then. With Ninetales, you're looking at either Roar + Flamethrower w/STalk or which ever is best suited for your team; maybe even Calm Mind and a physically defensive EV spread.

SubSplit is viable but behind Substitute, there is much more that you could do rather than to balance out you and your opponents' HP. For example, not making an attacking move when the opportunity presents itself and you misjudge the damage Ninetales is about to take directly as you attempt to scale out the margin between HP, you're instead forced to sacrafice one of your Pokemon to take the incoming strike. It's risky business and better left for Gengar alone.
Restalk politoed was always legal, and that didn't see much use...

Fire Punch would make it overpowered, due to Dragon/Fire combination with Mold Breaker. Reshiram's in Ubers for that same combination. Perfect coverage.
But keep in mind that Reshiram gets STAB on its perfect coverage, and is the only pokemon that exists that can hit EVERYTHING for neutral damage with its STAB alone. That's kind of a big deal.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
But keep in mind that Reshiram gets STAB on its perfect coverage, and is the only pokemon that exists that can hit EVERYTHING for neutral damage with its STAB alone. That's kind of a big deal.
And also that Reshiram has a much more powerful Fire attack even before STAB, and a much higher base stat total.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Restalk politoed was always legal, and that didn't see much use...
That's not news to anyone. I said I tested it last year, you miss that? It's more viable on RainStall than Protect; especially considering rain is forced to call upon Tentacruel early enough to lay down Toxic Spikes, making Toxic on Toed less useful all around. It makes more sense to replenish your health completely and simply use a cleric if you're uncomfortable with Sleep Talk selecting Rest.

Giving Haxorus Fire Punch sends Skarmory packing. There'd be no reason to run Magnezone if the Swords Dance set, in theory, can whitewash OU given you play intelligently. It would be like handing Hydreigon Quiver Dance.

haunter

Banned deucer.
It was already mentioned a few pages ago, but +2 aqua tail in rain or superpower can do up to 80-85% to Skarmory making it no longer a surefire Haxorus counter despite the fact that Hax didn't get fire punch.

p.s. Taylor get on PS! so I can stalk your battles :P

So does anyone think Gravity will be more than a gimmick with its new users? Tried to put together a team to use it myself and failed miserably.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I have seena few landorus use gravity so I wouldn't write it out just yet. Unlike smack down, your opponent can't simply switch out the Pokemon to solve their problems.

Hmm, I don't know about automatic, but maybe a held item to extend duration.

And Landorus isn't one I'd thought of, sounds like a solid option.

(Also still dreaming of Trick Room extension item)

That's not news to anyone. I said I tested it last year, you miss that? It's more viable on RainStall than Protect; especially considering rain is forced to call upon Tentacruel early enough to lay down Toxic Spikes, making Toxic on Toed less useful all around. It makes more sense to replenish your health completely and simply use a cleric if you're uncomfortable with Sleep Talk selecting Rest.
To be honest, at least on my own Rainstall, I've found that Protect (which is fantastic for scouting and giving you a pseudo-recovery move), Scald (obvious STAB, burn on flyers is nice), Perish (kills set up mons), and Encore (for slower CM Users, or just slower anything really, Encoring a Ferro on Stealth Rock, Encoring Spin on Forry, etc. ) was my set of choice, and it still worked very well. Resttalk never really did anything for me, and I had a cleric and no wishpasser.

Is there any remaining talk of retesting the old bans? I still want garchomp back. Sand is so hampered in the new metagame, it needs at least one of its abusers back, and Excadrill is still to broken. Rain has Dragonite with aqua tail, STAB Hurricane, and thunder, Sun is an advantage to any dragon with a fire type move to help it ruin steels, Hail has Kyurem with STAB Blizzard wrecking everything that doesn't resist it, meanwhile sand has no real dragon abuser.

Is there any remaining talk of retesting the old bans? I still want garchomp back. Sand is so hampered in the new metagame, it needs at least one of its abusers back, and Excadrill is still to broken. Rain has Dragonite with aqua tail, STAB Hurricane, and thunder, Sun is an advantage to any dragon with a fire type move to help it ruin steels, Hail has Kyurem with STAB Blizzard wrecking everything that doesn't resist it, meanwhile sand has no real dragon abuser.
You know weathers aren't the only playstyle in the metagame though... Giving teams more weather abusers means that other teams will have to use a weather of there own to combat it. That is what happened in the Excadrill era and what would probably occur if we introduced more abusers.

You know weathers aren't the only playstyle in the metagame though... Giving teams more weather abusers means that other teams will have to use a weather of there own to combat it. That is what happened in the Excadrill era and what would probably occur if we introduced more abusers.
Before BW2's spike in rain usage, iirc, there were more non weather teams being used than weather teams, and once the metagame settles down, which I've noticed it's beginning to, I believe that will be the case again, and I don't think the retesting of garchomp and thundurus, will throw the metagame noticably out of balance, especially since both of them are still completely viable outside of there preferred weather (thundurus was even very succesful in sun, as seen in beezle whatever's french orgy: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3888463) . Garchomp and Thundurus would already be less dangerous in the current metagame with the rise of Mamoswine and the Therians who use their commonly seen ice shard and scarf (or LO in tornadus-t's case) HP Ice respectively to deal with them.

Thundurus, Garchomp, Manaphy, Excadrill, and non-BP Blaziken all did fine in DW, which this metagame is starting to resemble, so they'll all need serious review here at some point. Unfortunately, inept procedures are keeping this from happening anytime soon; hopefully things will all work out time without the delay causing any lasting issues. But then, this is Smogon, so that's not likely.

Brick Breaker has the same BP as Fire Punch and already gives perfect coverage with Dragon.
It's more about hitting whatever resists your STAB with super-effective hits. Neutral coverage gets you nowhere.

And Haxorus already gets Earthquake, which has somewhat redundant coverage with Brick Break.

Resists Dragon and isn't weak to Fire: Heatran, Empoleon, Aggron, Bastiodon, Probopass. The only two that cause problems are Heatran and Empoleon (kinda), and they're both weak to Earthquake.

Resists Dragon and isn't weak to Fighting: Skarmory, Scizor, Jirachi, Metagross, Forretress, Durant, Escavalier, Bronzong, Wormadam-S. You have a longer list of threats, and only Jirachi and Metagross are weak to Earthquake.

Thundurus, Garchomp, Manaphy, Excadrill, and non-BP Blaziken all did fine in DW, which this metagame is starting to resemble, so they'll all need serious review here at some point. Unfortunately, inept procedures are keeping this from happening anytime soon; hopefully things will all work out time without the delay causing any lasting issues. But then, this is Smogon, so that's not likely.
Exactly. As a player of DW OU (at least in the days of PO), I agree completely with you, and I consider it very odd that these "broken pokemon" weren't even centralized in DW OU, for example, thundurus had less usage then tornadus, and sat at a low #60 ,iirc, in usage. The only thing I saw with any consistency, was garchomp, sitting at #8, right behind dragonite. I know I'll have people screaming at me for even suggesting this, but if we have to, I'd even be ok with ability bans for sand veil garchomp and speed boost blaziken, if we're ok with banning soul dew on the lati's, why are we so against this?

Edit: found the actual May stats: Thundurus #60, Garchomp #8, Manaphy #37, Excadrill #15.

Just for reference, the top ten, in order, are: Tyranitar, Chandelure, Genesect, Brelooom, Politoed, Ferrothorn, Dragonite, Garchomp, Ninetails, Infernape. With usage ranging from 15.3%,to 10.6%.

Meanwhile regular OU's were: Scizor, Dragonite, Rotom-W, Heatran, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Terrakion, Politoed, Gliscor, Jirachi. With usage ranging from 27.2% to 14.2%

If anything, DW OU was less centralized, likely due to it's increased variety.

Use Sand Rush Sandslash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)