Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Mew going up to OU was unexpected, but Hippowdon and Celebi are getting a lot of love from 1337 players.

This is... interesting.
Metang's finally RU (congratulations to Molk and all the other people who spammed into infamy).
Scrafty and Mienshao have dropped to UU, which is going to bump Crobat usage up.
And Magmortar's finally moved up to RU, so now I can enjoy myself without fear of getting destroyed by it.

A momentous update indeed.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People starting to realise its better to just run Terrakion for enemy Ferrothorns, rather than selecting Ferrothorn yourself and getting set-up on by some big sweeper (like Terrakion!). It deserves to have crawled further up the usage statistics and thankfully it is showing towards the latter stages of BW.

Showdown I have had major success with CBTerrakion and that is with BW2 exclusives implemented. So its position is more than justified.

Thanks for da stats, Antar!

Golurk in NU? Well... I figured out what just broke the NU metagame and was BL3 seriously necessary? I do like some of the tier changes like, Nidoqueen in RU and Escavelier. Well hopefully with this new BL3, Golurk will go in there. Are the new forms for Kyurem seriously going to stay OU I mean come on, perfect coverage for the reshiram one and the second highest base attack in the game? Ok, If so, someone tell me what can take a hit from them? All it takes is a semi-decent predictor to sweep your team with those and don't get my started on the new thundurus form. Keldeo I'll have to see. From what I see so far it isn't too over centralizing.

Scizor in more than 1/4 teams. lol wow.
And metang moving up, I here it's a big, big deal.

People starting to realise its better to just run Terrakion for enemy Ferrothorns, rather than selecting Ferrothorn yourself and getting set-up on by some big sweeper (like Terrakion!). It deserves to have crawled further up the usage statistics and thankfully it is showing towards the latter stages of BW.

Showdown I have had major success with CBTerrakion and that is with BW2 exclusives implemented. So its position is more than justified.
Get it?

ss234

bop.
Kyurem forms are Uber. Liking the sound of Scrafty in UU though-gonna build a team around it. Thanks for the stats Antar.

Happy to see Deoxys-D make it to full OU status- it's one of the best hazard setters in the game, couldn't tell why people neglected it so much.

Mienshao in UU will be interesting. Will rocket the usage of physically defensive Zapdos, tho.

Escavlier in RU,hell yeah. To be honest I was thinking that virizion was going to to drop to UU, not meinshao. Yet again Cloyster usage is far to low, that thing is an absolute beast.

I don't thing scrafty will be that good, I remember it doing 55% at +1 to my darmanitan... Mienshao is a Hufe threat, now cobalion will be used a lot because of it's speed.

I love how 2 months ago Metang was QC rejected in entirety from RU, and yet here it is.

Escavalier? Did NOT see that coming. My most recent RU team has no fire attacks whatsoever, and it was starting to actually do well anyway. *sads*

I love how 2 months ago Metang was QC rejected in entirety from RU, and yet here it is.

Escavalier? Did NOT see that coming. My most recent RU team has no fire attacks whatsoever, and it was starting to actually do well anyway. *sads*
Thank Molk.
Also, RU has Magmortar now, so give that a place and it probably won't disappoint you.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Excellent, it seems like every tier got shaken up. Mew leaving UU was an eventuality I was prepared for months ago so i'm not really that distraught of his departure. In fact, i'd say it's about time people start using one of the best BW OU pokemon out there.

15 | Salamence | 11.118% |
28 | Haxorus | 6.620% |
29 | Hydreigon | 6.590% |

I haven't realized this but Haxorus a took a novedive in usage in the recent months and i'm completely okay with that. He was never "that" good enough to garner that much usage, and i'm glad that his 15 minutes of fame are over. On the other hand, Salamence is now in 15, which is a position he should have been ages ago.

On the UU spectrum, we got Scrafty and Mienshao. The 2 pokemon were fairly good in OU and I can see them dominating in UU since they have the unique ability of bypassing the tier's premier physical (gligar) with their respective ice attacks. Hippowdon rising to OU certainly throws a wrench into our plans since we planned to test him out UU lol.

Metang 7th in RU1337 - Molk really did a fuckload of battles with that piece of shit.
Hahaha you really are a one of a kind Molk.

PS: Thanks for the stats Antar!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
rofl this could not have turned out better.

The two cool-mons dropped into UU, the fat pink shit did not, and Mew finally went up to OU.

Excellent indeed.

Mienshao in UU will be interesting. Will rocket the usage of physically defensive Zapdos, tho.
Crobat and Slowbro are what you want. Zapdos is just going to get 2HKOd by Hi Jump Kick -> Stone Edge after Stealth Rock or U-turned out of safely due to its lower Speed.

Let's see how fast people catch on to the best Mienshao set in UU, shall we?

Interesting stats...I wonder how the increased presence of mamoswine, the therian formes, keldeo, and all the new tutor moves will affect everything going into July? I'm happy to see Abomasnow in OU, along with Hippowdon...both of them deserve more credit.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Golurk in NU? Well... I figured out what just broke the NU metagame and was BL3 seriously necessary? I do like some of the tier changes like, Nidoqueen in RU and Escavelier. Well hopefully with this new BL3, Golurk will go in there.
I don't see why it's necessary to already clamor to ban something that has existed in NU for less than seven hours...

Let's see how fast people catch on to the best Mienshao set in UU, shall we?
CM + Baton Pass Mienshao gogogo

Escavalier will go NU because the popularity oF steelix, moltres, entei, fire blast on slowking, and qwilfish just to name a few.

Faladran would be sad...

Escavalier will go NU because the popularity oF steelix, moltres, entei, fire blast on slowking, and qwilfish just to name a few.

Faladran would be sad...
Not to mention Magmortar getting bumped up, where it can destroy it with impunity.
Bye Escavalier.

Happy to see Deoxys-D make it to full OU status- it's one of the best hazard setters in the game, couldn't tell why people neglected it so much.
No offense, Taunt Bait, Prankster Taunt, Magic Mirror etc

Those pretty much list what everybody seems to talk about Deo-D back when its unused and i spammed the hell out of Trolling Taunt, Knock Off, Recover, filler(usually T Wave or Psychic) Set

Wait a minute.
BL3 is a thing?
Jynx is not represented as BL3 in its analysis page: its tier is RU (this being its analysis page).
I believe BL3 has something to do with the way Antar collects usage statistics.
(if that makes sense)

edit: slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)