Smogon Grand Slam - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
[01:57] <+blarajan> YO
[01:57] <+blarajan> QUESTION
[01:57] <+blarajan> is grand slam going to be bw or will it take bw2 tiers into account?
[01:57] <+blarajan> cause that'll be obnoxious as fuck
[01:58] <+blarajan> since everyone has been trying to learn current uu ru uber nu lc for the tour
[01:58] <+blarajan> switching over to bw2 will be a huge kick in the balls

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
[01:57] <+blarajan> is grand slam going to be bw or will it take bw2 tiers into account?
[01:58] <+blarajan> since everyone has been trying to learn current uu ru uber nu lc for the tour
That's ignoring the fact that we will have to wait for PO developers till they include new moves and etc with a new PO version, and I heard coyotte is disappeared.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know this has been brought up before, but can we consider changing the schedule so the Uber Open is the first to be played? Ubers (and LC to a lesser extent) is the tier least likely to be affected by tier changes or BW2 move tutors etc, so to me it makes sense that it should go first in order to allow players a little bit longer to accommodate to the changes that the tier shifts / BW2 will bring. I can't think of any reason not to, at least.

just a couple updates. zebraiken will be taking over hosting duties for the NU open following tennisace's retirement. secondly, we're still mulling over whether grand slam will be bw or bw2. even though the first open is in a month, which gives a lot of time for tiers to settle, tiering updates won't take effect until october (according to worms) so i'm afraid we might still be playing in tiers with a bunch of broken stuff. anyways stay tuned, we'll keep you updated

I think that we should play in bw because for the past few months, poeple have been preparing teams based on the bw metagame, not the bw2 ones because they didnt know any of the changes made, or released pokemon. If we playin bw2, everyone will have to make 5 new teams, and learn 5 new metagames, in the space of a month or 2. That would just make all of our past efforts a waste and i feel that more time is needed to learn a metagame. Just my opinion.

I'm up to see it be BW2 to benefit those of us who haven't been preparing as much and are just starting now like me :3

logically though it probably shouldn't be BW2.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think that we should play in bw because for the past few months, poeple have been preparing teams based on the bw metagame, not the bw2 ones because they didnt know any of the changes made, or released pokemon. If we playin bw2, everyone will have to make 5 new teams, and learn 5 new metagames, in the space of a month or 2. That would just make all of our past efforts a waste and i feel that more time is needed to learn a metagame. Just my opinion.
At least 15 teams, it's bo3 ;)

motion for it to be bw2 because damn my LC team is gonna be awesome if it's bw2.
Stuff may have settled or at least we'll know what shit is broken by then.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Should really be BW2... no one is going to want to go back to playing BW1 by the time this actually starts.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Should really be BW2... no one is going to want to go back to playing BW1 by the time this actually starts.
To add to this, with the new dropdowns that affect UU, RU, and NU, you'll end up playing completely different metagames that never existed before and won't exist again. If you choose to go with "BW1", you'll actually be alienating the playerbase even further because for the three tiers that I just mentioned, it'll be a completely new metagame anyway. However, BW2 gives everyone a chance to actually practice in that metagame first, and especially into the later Opens it'll be a better option.

Agreeing that it should be bw2 because honestly playing the old bw now seems incredibly boring, and while it's true that this doesn't leave much time (although I would argue that it's enough, especially considering how far away the later opens are), this puts everyone in the same situation, so it's not like playing bw is more fair.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, it looks like half of the players won't be happy with the tier, whatever it is. But we need to know what will we play.

The TD probably don't know yet, but could you answer as soon as possible please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)