Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
You know what one of my favorite sets is? Choice Band Scrappy Slaking (I haven't played much .

Slaking @ Choice Band
Trait: Scrappy
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- ExtremeSpeed
- Trick
- Filler

This set is like most Slaking, hits really hard with +2 ESpeed and stuff. The only difference is that you can now hit Giratina (and other ghost I guess) pretty hard, especially since you'll be getting 2 hits on it (since it's going to switch into you, thinking "Yo, I'm like the best Slaking counter, right?"). Hi Jump Kick is to hit Steel- and Rock-types. Trick is to deposite your item to someone when you no longer need it. Finally, the last move is filler, but I like Drain Punch because Slaking has good bulk and the recovery is good. Recover can also be used for recovery, but it is only useful after you trick your band. Crunch can also be used, but it's really not needed, seeing as Scrappy Espeed hits Giratina hard enough iirc. Sacred Fire could be neat as another way to hit Steel-types.

Also Krabmeat, why are you using Latias over Latios. Both will have considerable bulk after one V-Create anyways (especially factoring in Soul Dew). I'd argue that without specific calcs showing Latias surviving common hits that Latios doesn't, that Latios is a superior choice.
The reverse is also true -Latios probably isn't going to get any kills Latias won't. I could see it getting maybe Imposter Blissey more often. Other than that, I just feel the extra bulk is better.

I'll run a few calcs when I have some time.

Apologies for the double post. There hasn't been much activity though and a bump is pretty justified right now.

Who's excited for all these new formes? :D

I've been experimenting with weather teams lately. I'm interested to see how well swift swim Kyurem2 fits into the role.

For sun, I'm very interested in how chlorophyll growth Tornadus works, but I guess we still need to see some base stats before anything else.

(I haven't gotten far with those calcs, btw, because I got bored of contrary)

Love the update:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Trick

Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Destiny Bond

Trait: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Trick

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Trick

Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Destiny Bond

Blissey @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Freeze Shock
- Freeze Shock
- Freeze Shock

An adaptation of my(illegal) sky attack team. Kyuremu-B really wrecks, ohko on nearly everything that doesn't resist, tinted lens ohkoes most stuff that does. Also 30% paralyse chance on top. The closest thing to a win button lol.

EDIT: Freeze shock/ice burn has now been banned from balanced hackmons lol... I got a grand total of 50 minutes laddering with it lol.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Just popping in to confirm what nyph said. At a glance Kyruem-B priority ohko's THE ENTIRE METAGAME (sans um.......Escavelier and a Blissified version of himself). This is like dropping Arceus into LC, except Arceus doesn't have to follow the level 5 rule.

Freeze Shock and Ice Burn will be unbanned when this is fixed.

Found a great Kyurem-B set.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- Spore/Thunder Wave/Leech Seed/Rolling Kick

This thing 2hkos stuff like dialga and arceus with its amazing 170 base attack. Also the flinch chance is 60% making it crit and/or flinch (0.6*0.9)+(0.0625*0.9) = ~60% of the time you attack but with a 10% miss chance. This allows you to break through nearly anything while behind a sub.
Also Kyu-B has quite good bulk (125/100/90), allowing it to take priority or the occasional attack the slips through the 60% flinch guard.
Can swap out leftovers for +20% ice damage item, lum berry, or dragon/fighting resist berry. A dragon resist berry could really destroy dialga, reshiram and other kyurem, leftovers is good though because each flinch gets you 6% health back. Also makes subs effectively 25% cheaper.
A big problem with this set is definitely blissey, so pack some serious counter like heatran or inner focus(lol).
Also a scarf variant of this could work.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright I see dragon spamming being a really hard to beat strategy. I'm thinking contrary Kyurem W spamming draco meteor is gonna be hard to stop for sure. Oh, and nyph you missed a Kyurem B. Pure Power Choice Band. Running calcs now, but it deals 51% minimum to max/max + def Steel Arceus. Needless to say, it 2HKOs all steels and OHKOs pretty much anything else. Oh, and another fun fact: CB Pure Power Slaking Extreme Speed deals 87.4%-103.1%. Yes, thats almost always a OHKO with spikes, but thats CB and Pure Power 80 power STAB coming off a max + 160 attack stat. So much to try out!

Wasn't Pure Power banned already?

That set is pretty good, with the influx of all this new Dragons I'll have to find an actual Ice ressist to my team, maybe a TR team with Excavalier became viable?

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just popping in to confirm what nyph said. At a glance Kyruem-B priority ohko's THE ENTIRE METAGAME (sans um.......Escavelier and a Blissified version of himself). This is like dropping Arceus into LC, except Arceus doesn't have to follow the level 5 rule.

Freeze Shock and Ice Burn will be unbanned when this is fixed.
Um, just wanted to mention that I ran into the exact same team above with Outrage instead of Freeze Shock, and...well, dealing with priority outrage is not actually easier than dealing with priority Freeze Shock.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Outrage is still bad (the glitch IS going to get fixed) but it is nowhere near as bad as Freeze Shock, 20 more BP w/ chance to Paralyze.

Tbh I really don't think assist is good for the game, the only reason to use it is to give priority to high powered attacks, since every pokemon already has acces to every move, and unlike normal teams, you have to deal with what's basically 5 members of a team with the exact same movepool, even if you have 1 or 2 pokes that can take them they will eventually roll over them and over the rest of your team, wasn't Slaking insanely powerful ES a reason to ban Pure Power?, well this are at least as powerful if not more with the added bonus that some of this attacks have great secondary effects

Ban Pure Power at Slaking is not a good idea, Slaking with Toxic Orb and Guts is much more broken beacuse is immune at status change like Will-o-Wisp.

Ban Pure Power at Slaking is not a good idea, Slaking with Toxic Orb and Guts is much more broken beacuse is immune at status change like Will-o-Wisp.
Pure Power's 2x boost is a LOT higher than a 1.5x boost that slowly kills you and prevents you from using other items. Also, Slaking doesn't care about some Will-O-Wisps due to an obnoxious STAB Extreemespeed coming off of its insane attack, which outspeeds even pranksters due to +2 priority. I don't play hackmons, but I'm pretty sure this is the reason.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Also the fact that Toxic Orb doesn't work right away, but Swamp-Rocket pretty much explained what I was going to say.

And now we have Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White in BH as well. Imagine Pure/Huge power on either of them. Now go get your mother to help wipe up and do the laundry.

Another question: can Marowak with Thick Club and Pure Power (ok is banned) being awesome? Maybe in combo with a speed booster, baton passer.

No, it is worthless. Stop asking about banned abilities being good in BH. They are banned because they are too good.

How about

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
Bold Nature
- Torment
- Encore
- Substitute
- Protect/Light Screen/Reflect/Taunt

This would be purely for stalling the opponent out to a slow death. Are Pokemon with no attack moves at all used in Balanced Hackmons? I'm new at this, so I don't kow if it would work, but just switch Lugia in onto something that can't break Lugia's sub, then sub and set up a Torment and an Encore. If they get Encored into a move that deals damage then protect. When they use struggle set up the Light Screen or Reflect. I'm unsure about not having any moves that deal damage, though. Any suggestions?

A variation could be

Lugia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Torment
- Encore
- Substitute/Protect
- Mean Look

or

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Gaurd
Bold Nature
- Torment
- Encore
- Clear Smog
- Protect

I've had some luck with Skill Link Kyurem-Black
Kuyrem-B @ Choice Band
Adamant Skill Link
252 Everything
Icicle Spear
Outrage
Rock Blast
Bolt Strike

Icicle Spear with Skill link from 170 base Attack is brutal and gives an easy way to kill sheddy, Outrage is STAB, rock blast is a strong coverage move, and Bolt Strike gives it Psuedo Bolt/Beam coverage.

Thoughts?

Skill Link Icicle Spear doesn't kill Shedinja. It still has 1 out of 1 HP after each hit, so Sturdy activates on each hit. Rock Blast and Bolt Strike are not at all good coverage moves in BH; try things like Sacred Fire. Hell, Arm Thrust could work.

I also have a Skill Link Black Kyurem, but I use Shift Gear just to have that extra help for the sweep. I use Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Shift Gear, and Dragon Claw.

Comment for this moveset?

Pacifista PX-0 (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Overheat
- Seed Flare

Practically, it is the classic example of Mindless killer, his goal is to always use Draco meteor to power-up and become almost unbeatable, the only thing that can stop him are the priority moves and Shedinja with sturdy.

Comment for this moveset?

Pacifista PX-0 (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psycho Boost
- Overheat
- Seed Flare

Practically, it is the classic example of Mindless killer, his goal is to always use Draco meteor to power-upand become almost unbeatable, the only thing that can stop him are the priority moves and Shedinja with sturdy.
It suffers from the same weaknesses as most other contrary mons. Latias and Latios are better options for Contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)