The Well #38 - Jesus: A holy well, tainted by a dark man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Friday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Friday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Friday, it's your day in the well."

I dont think the thread title is my most creative work, you'll have to forgive me for that, but i just didn't want to leave it as the usual bland title.

Hello smogon, I go by Ninahaza. i have never had trouble with picking a username seeing as it's always the same for all forums i visit, which are very few actually. Ninahaza is my real (last) name, i use it as a username because it is unique enough that it is usually never taken. However, those that know me call me Jesus (pronounced Jesus, not heyzus). Yes, Jesus is my actual name, although i personally prefer to go by Joseph thanks to years of people getting my first name wrong.

I am a Lion who roams his kingdom, constantly trying to become master of not only his domain, but himself as well, but as I've found out, mastering one's self is perhaps one of the most difficult tasks in life. In real life i am a 21 year old black male living in Seattle, Washington. For me, Smogon has become something that it was never intended to be. I thought smogon would just be a phase when i first decided to fully join and take part in the festivities, but i never anticipated i would come to form strong bonds of friendship, strong enough that i now honestly do not know what smogon is anymore. maybe its still a phase? maybe it has turned into something more? maybe i just need to enjoy what i have in the moment, and not worry about what was, and what is to be. Until then, i suppose i shall continue to take part in the festivities, and hey, look, today i seem to be a center attraction of said festivities. I still blame user lee for this, but i suppose i have no choice, please feel free to begin asking questions

Hi Ninahaza, are there some things about smogon that you would like to see changed (things the site/community does not yet have, things that they do have but you don't like, etc)?

You were a pretty regular participant in the karaoke contests. When and why did you become interesting in performing music?

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What kind(s) of music do you listen to?

What are your thoughts on the whole nugget bridge incident?

I think I remember you saying somewhere that you had been offered a badge but turned it down, which badge was this and why did you reject it?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
*Top 6 favorite Pokemon?

*Could you imagine yourself belonging to a different part of smogon (C&C? BW OU, UU, tournament players, etc) outside of your current crew?

*Create a PKMN move.

*Do you read / watch OP?

*Favorite comedies?

*Any goals?

-If yes, good job

-If no go start now.

OP >>>Naruto

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
do you mind being called niggahaza / tell me some of your drug-addled misadventures

what, in your opinion, is the best motivant to exercise? (or the one that was the most effective for you personally, either internally brought about or coming from outside circumstances)

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Have you met either of the esteemed Washington users Snunch or Yeti, either online or in real life?

Who holds more "power" (and feel free to interpret this in any way you wish) in current American society: males, females, or neither? Online? Explain.

Based on your OP, why don't you capitalize "i" except if at the beginning of a sentence or if part of a contraction?

Opinions on/notable interactions with Mr. Mike Sankey.

Do you hate Europeans?

Would you lick a prostitutes snatch who had just finished up a train? ...Gun to a family members head?

Do you understand that just by existing you are affecting peoples lives negatively vs positively at a 10:1 ratio?

I believe that a person who abstains from eating is more privileged than a person who gorges them-self with food. Do you agree or disagree.

OI I met you at nats! Do you remember our crazy Steak N Shake waitress that got offended when we didn't laugh at her jokes? (that isn't a real question dw)

What do you think the next VGC format will be? If it's 2010 style, will you run toxic stall again?

Can you turn this well's water into wine?

What out of the new arrivals from B2W2 has you the most excited?

Did you ever order anything at the restaurant with the outdoor couches beyond water?

I've heard you're quite the stylish fellow. Have any favorite getups?

Are you making a nats warstory/photodump?

pick four persons who have responded to this well thus far and describe your fondest memory with them, irl or otherwise

Ninahaza

I had hoped to answer these much quicker than this so as to avoid too many questions stacking up, sorry. i am going to break the questions into sections because of time, and also because i dont want to give rushed answers, so i wont answer everything in this one post. i am sure i'll catch up quickly though. ok now lets see

is it a good idea to fuck with the jesus?
No. I am a very nice guy with a lot of patience. i can tolerate a lot, and my line is pretty far out to be crossed easily, but the few people unfortunate enough to mistake my kindness for weakness, well, lets just say things did not end up well for them.

Hi Ninahaza, are there some things about smogon that you would like to see changed (things the site/community does not yet have, things that they do have but you don't like, etc)?
I actually do not think much of, or follow up on the politics/what goes on behind the curtains of smogon. I am only involved in VGC and and A Forum. i rarely play in tournaments, and i cant even remember the last time i visited wifi for example. although i visit smogon A LOT, I dont visit/use enough of the site that i have a list of changes i would like to see, at least not any i can think of at the moment.

You were a pretty regular participant in the karaoke contests. When and why did you become interesting in performing music?
I have had an interest in Music and Acting ever since i was a little child growing up in Africa. Africa is rich in culture, and music is a huge part of that culture. i started singing at a very young age, and fell in love with music and singing in general. I also started acting at a very young age, and just mixed the 2 together. naturally my love just grew even more for those 2 professions. I say profession because it is a dream of mine to get into the entertainment business, AKA the movie or music industry, but i have come to accept that i honestly could be happy if i just got a job with what i'm currently studying in college (even though it was always just meant to be a degree for a back up plan should i fail to get into the entertainment business).

also fun fact: singing helped a lot in my developing an american accent. i wasn't always able to sing without my African accent coming through.

What kind(s) of music do you listen to?
I know this is going to sound very cliche, but i listen to all kinds of music lol. I will say this though, my favorite type of music doesnt really fit my profile very well (as user Vineon will attest to).

I really like soft music, so like ballads and stuff. I am a HUGE fan of artists like Celine Dion for example. i simple am in love with her music, haha. You will find me listen to the most girliest of songs, and i dont even give a fuck. hell just today i was listening to and loving every single second of this. Dont get the wrong picture though, i am also into some hardcore shit ;), but it would be pretty funny to find a muscular black man walking around singing "my heart will go on". Good thing a lot of my favorites are more like my guilty pleasures, i don't tell EVERYONE

What are your thoughts on the whole nugget bridge incident?
Like i said when answering kojax's first question, I don't follow smogon politics, so my answer will be more on the personal side i think.

my thoughts on this whole thing are very simple: Pokemon is one of the defining game genres of my childhood, it was one of my first loves, and is part of the foundation my love for video games in general is built upon. i loved 1 game so much that it helped turn me into a gamer. However, the biggest reason why i am still heavily involved with smogon (and pokemon in general) is because of VGC. I started playing "VGC" in 2004, and have grown in the VGC community. i said in the OP that i have created many bonds on here right? well most of those bonds, and "poke"-friends I've made over the years are from the VGC community. I've been to many events, I've made some pretty awesome friends, and even more awesome memories. Without the VGC community, i would leave not just smogon, but all other pokemon related forums. i would disappear into the shadows, become nothing more than a memory that would fade in time.

so i guess what i am trying to say here is, it doesn't even matter what went down with smogon and the VGC leaders to produce a split and the nugget bridge website. it doesn't matter who was at fault, i will always follow the VGC community, it will always have my heart, for they ripped it out of my chest and took it a long time ago. that doesn't mean that i will leave smogon however, i havent even gotten the slightest impression of being forced to choose one and abandon the other by either side.

who knows, maybe even a friendship will come to be established in time. no matter what brought you here, and what keeps you here, we are all gathered under a love for the same thing, pokemon. so let us enjoy this children s game, and try to remember that it is just that, a childrens game, a GAME.

I think I remember you saying somewhere that you had been offered a badge but turned it down, which badge was this and why did you reject it?
i have had badge talks, but i was against having a badge until recently actually, so those chats went nowhere. the closest thing to an actual badge offer i have received came right after the whole nugget bridge incident. After almost all the mods/leaders of VGC left, that forum section was in dire need of moderates, i however unfortunately (AGAIN, GOD) turned down the offer and made it clear (after giving my reasons) i wasn't interested. The only badge i am currently, and have been interested in for awhile is the moderates badge for "A forum" itself, but i don't think they are looking to replace or add new mods in here at the moment. Oh well

Ninahaza! I heard you live in Seattle? I go to school in Seattle. Let's hang out!
yes, lets ^_^

if you could live in any cartoon universe and help out the main characters somehow, which cartoon universe would you live in?

also what are your opinions on the pokemon panpour

What was the "nuggetbridge" incident I read about a couple posts up?

What is your favorite comedy show/comedian?

How do you feel about South Park's interpretation of Celine Dion?

Ninahaza

*Top 6 favorite Pokemon?
man, all these years of playing pokemon games............ ok, i wont take the competitive Pokemon aspect into account, and these are in no particular order.

*Jolteon: (held the #1 spot the longest, and i honestly don't think anyone will challenge his title)

*Tyranitar: (made the list purely thanks to the movie Pokemon 4ever. he owes celebi a big thanks)

*Blaziken

*Milotic

*Absol: (also made the list because of a pokemon movie and a few other things. The movie with salamence, groudon and Jirachi lol . Flygon was the other pokemon to catch my eye from that movie)

*Dragonite:(current #1)

*Could you imagine yourself belonging to a different part of smogon (C&C? BW OU, UU, tournament players, etc) outside of your current crew?
I honestly cannot see myself outside of my "current crew", AKA the vgc community and a forum. I can see myself hanging in tournaments and playing in a few, but that is it really.
*Create a PKMN move.
I'm not really into the creation side of pokemon, i have no move I've ever wanted to create. if i had to think of one on the spot, i would go with a move that switched a pokemons Ability to its secondary ability (or its other ability, maybe even dw. it would be randomly picked). i think a move like that would be pretty cool in the doubles metagame. i would definitely play around with it in VGC.
*Do you read / watch OP?
at one point, yes, but then i stopped for awhile. i dont even remember why i stopped, but it was the same thing with a few others like Full metal Alchemist. I tried to pick up One Piece again, but there were too many episodes and the huge list of them turned me off to the idea of catching up. this has only gotten worse as the number of episodes has only increased. i REALLY liked OP, and i hope to someday pick it again, sit myself down and catch up.

I did however go back, pick up and finish FMA and a few others though, hehe :).
*Favorite comedies?
Rush hour 1&2 probably double up as my favorite comedies/action movies. I just have a huge man crush on Jackie Chan. he is, and has been my favorite actor for a very long time.

i also really used to enjoy Melcom in the middle, probably my favorite sit com.

Chris Rock has to be my favorite Comedian, sorry, but the guy is just so funny.
*Any goals?
MANY
-If yes, good job
thanks
-If no go start now.
i need to work harder to make more of them come true :(. the hard work never ends it seems. its one battle after another.
OP >>>Naruto
pssssshhh, why dont you come say that to my charizards face whiles its in face up attack position, it'll digivolve all over your ass and send you packing to the shadow realm.

do you mind being called niggahaza
only if its from you, then i dont mind because i <3 you V. :*

tell me some of your drug-addled misadventures
you mean drug stories? sorry but i am a drug virgin (is that....is that even a term?)
i've like done some hookay, took a smoke from a cigarette (i was so young and wanted to be cool, dont judge me). i took half a bite of some "special" brownie and started to flip the fuck out because i thought i had done drugs, but it wasn't enough to affect me so it wasn't hard for me to calm down.

Look i haven't done anything big ok, not even weed. I was really, REALLY, really against all drugs until recently ok. When i come to visit, it will be your job to take my virginity away

What's the strangest place (or oddest circumstance) where you have fallen asleep?
once Michael and i went out to a friends 21st birthday party, we both drunk too hard and could barely walk to the car in the wee wee hours of the morning, we ended up just crashing in the car, doors unlocked, in some neighborhood we had no idea where we were.

I've had more wild stories awake than asleep. Sorry Mingot, i know that was a bit weak and disappointing

what, in your opinion, is the best motivant to exercise? (or the one that was the most effective for you personally, either internally brought about or coming from outside circumstances)
i will give you 2 answers.

answer 1:
From my experience, i would have to say that a reason attached to another Human being is the best motivation.
For example: When i started, the biggest motivation had to be a combination of 2 things, that together, they both accounted for over 80% of my wanting to finally lose the weight, and i wanted to succeed bad because of those 2 things. The first was the VGC Community. That year i would get to meet with friends at vgc events, and i wanted to slim down, to look good at these events where they see me like twice a year. i wanted to walk around confidently, i wanted to surprise them, to impress them, the list goes on. i did not want to feel so self conscious around the crowd. I had tried that with my friends that lived close to me, with my family even, but since they all saw me a lot, i couldn't do most of those things to them. The VGC community only saw me a few times a year like i said, so all the elements needed for what could not work with friends in my area would work with the VGC community. i mean, gosh, they would get to see a new me, etc. Just the thought of your friends seeing your newly transformed self, so awesome~

The second reason was a girl that had managed to catch my eye, and my heart (AWWWWWW, i know right). i mean, God, i had the biggest crush on this person, but my self confidence was low, and although i knew that it was a relationship that was never going to happen, it made me realize that when i fell for a girl that the circumstances would allow for it, and a relationship was very possible, i wouldn't be prepared. I wouldn't have what it takes, what i need in my mind. Also this brought back memories of a girl in that past that went for another guy because i was just not physically attractive. I know that i never heard those words from her mouth, but the mind is a funny thing, and you come up with your own conclusions. I needed to be able to compete with other guys in the future. anyways, this girl was a huge motivator. just the idea of what she stood for, plus the emotions running through me because of her at the time, i mean, it was pretty overwhelming.

so yeah, People, they are a great motivator. From simply needing to look good because you'll be somewhere in 2 weeks to 1 month (this is why people rush and go on quick diets for whatever that event is, and the people at the event or whomever that 1 special person at the event is), to even something like a anime convention. Knowing you'll be in cosplay, being looked at by thousands of people, or wanting to do the cosplay justice and look good in it for that weekend. if its something attached to a human(s), i think it can become a powerful motivator.

heck, even that weight loss/muscle gain thread of mine ties into the whole "human" explanation i made above. it was a thread to the public, where smogon responded based on what i posted, and just knowing that so many people knew about my weight loss goals, and were waiting to see what comes next, well that was enough to be a huge motivator by itself. ACCOUNTABILITY at its finest

Answer 2:
this next point will be a bit harder to explain because, well, its just hard to pin point and translate into words (at least for me).
ok here goes; It really comes down to how bad you want it in the end. We can look at the best motivators, equipment, knowledge, convenience, etc, but in the end it will come down to how badly you want it. I had tried to lose weight for the past 3 years, and failed. all i asked myself was that i never give up, that i always picked myself back up and tried again each year, and last year i guess i must have finally wanted it badly enough.

here is a great example i think. A few years ago, i wanted an Xbox360 really bad, but my funds were very limited. i went on craigslist and finally found a very good deal for what i could afford, but it was first come first serve. I went all the way from Bellevue to a part of Seattle i did not know, with very poor transportation knowledge of the area, and it was very late at night ( i wouldnt get home until past midnight, did i mention i wasnt driving too?) looking back at the whole situation, it was very stupid, but i wanted it bad enough at the time that despite all the risks and obstacles (its craigslist too ffs), i went and got my xbox360 :). now in the past few years, i've had incidents where i wanted to buy a game on craigslist, were i had multiple opportunities to meet with the seller(s), but plans fell through because i was either "too busy", or wanted to do something else that appealed to me more that day. I just simply did not want it bad enough with those games.

really in most things we do, the biggest factor to whether we succeed or not is how badly we want it. from sports, to that one work/school project, grades, weight loss/general fitness.

If you want to achieve your personal fitness goals bad enough, you'll achieve them. it is a feeling inside you that cannot be explained. You'll find, like i did, that you're putting working out above things like video games, computer time, TV time, relaxation time, and sometimes even sleep and hanging out with your friends. it will be on your mind like the fucking plague. sometimes all i did was work, gym because thats all i had time for. other times it was work, school, gym (again, all i had time for). you'll find that it takes priority when you want it bad enough, and let me tell you, it takes its toll on you, both mentally and physically, but you rest for just a bit, then you keep soldering on. That is what happens when you want it bad enough. Its a passion so strong, a determinism/will power that you would never had thought in a million years that you had in you. a flame so strong that you feel like only God himself would be able to stop you (its silly but true, at least when it comes to stopping you from at least trying). again, this goes for everything in life

wow, thank you for that detailed and honest response. i definitely asked because i did see that thread/was really impressed with your progress...i've been wanting to change my physical appearance (not losing weight, but gaining muscle tone) and definitely feel motivated by humans, girls in particular. that fiery passion of wanting it that you describe ... i definitely feel that with schoolwork and have soldiered on/put many other things beside for it but i'm not sure i could feel that way about physical exercise, even though getting a girlfriend (or just more girl friends) through it would probably be very good for me emotionally. good luck with your other goals!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you could die in any way you wanted, in what way would you die?

Would you rather have a dog or a cat?

Do you like cookies?

Ok this are all truthful questions and I will try to make it short.

1. Do you have any brothers, or sisters?
2. What got you involved in VGC?
3. What's your opinion on gay marriage?
4. If you were to change something in the world, what would it be?
5. Is the girl that you have a crush on noticed your weight loss?
6. What user you have not met before, would you like to meet?
7. Top 5 cutest users.
8. Top 5 anime.
9. Top 5 musicians.

I want to thank you personally. Mainly because you don't seem close to 1K, and neither am I. I want to thank you because you taught me when everyone else hated me. You got me under your wing when everyone else wanted me out. You spoke to me when no one else would. You taught me so much over this short period of time we met each other. Your words have changed my life, my way of thinking, and the way I live my life. You helped me regain my confidence, and my will to help. You may be one of the few persons I will never forget throughout my lifetime. You have taught me the good ways of life. I may be annoying, and irritating at time, but I really see you as someone I revere and respect, you're a role model to me. I thrive to become a user of your quality. I still got a lot of things to learn, but I know you will be there to help me. Thank you.
TL;DR version: Thank you Ninahaza for everything, no one has been able to change as you have.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tell me a story about africa that could not possibly have happened in america.

And if possible tell me a story about africa that probably has happened to every american at one time or another but is entertaining nonetheless.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
favourite and least favourite african american stereotype

favourite dish

most expensive food youve eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)