Beware of the Dragon v2.0 - BW2 OU Offensive RMT

The new version of this team. This version comes with the same extreme offensive strategy, with the same Moxie Scarfed Salamence as the core, but with a pair of great and so important variants that give to this team versatility, coverage and power. Now I can say that this is the team that I was looking for, and the team that I've worked for a huge time. It has few weakness and it's pretty solid and strong.

v1.0 descrption...

Hi there. This is my 2nd RMT, so I hope you like it. Briefly, the idea is to sweep as much you can, kill those Metal-type pokes, make sure that your opponent has 3 pokes alive as much, send up the dragon, then you say GG and close the battle window.

Team at a glance...

In depth look...

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

The lead killer. This set allows the wash to kill almost all the regular leads in BW2 OU, and if you just cannot kill it, just run with Volt Switch, and that is because of his Choice Scarf. With CS, Rotom-W can outspeed ALL the leads. The great variant is HP Grass. How many times I was called noob for use tat move. The answer is simple: Gastrodon. Trick is for just save my ass, oh god, how many times that shit saved my ass, briefly, it is my last resort.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Intimidate is just an abuse in pokes like Landorus-T. Check the foe, force it to run, then put SR, it works fantastic! The mvoepool is like the CS one, but without Stone Edge. I don't miss Stone Edge, I don't really need it (I don't give a fuck about Volcarona, this team can handle it all day). I choose Leftovers instead Life Orb because this buddy needs to stay alive, and the HP that I loose from LO was so much, so Leftovers was the best option to put there.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Well, august just found a real star for me. This mon works awesome, just fantastic! She can check/counter a lot of threads for my team. Also, I get a great Rapid Spinner that my teams appreciates. I use Life Orb instead another item just for don't loose the team offensive style, and because of Recover, the LO recoil gets easily regenerated.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Oh my god, I love CB Scizor. He doesn't need to set up, he doesn't give time to react, he doesn't give you a warning notice, he just punch you in the face. Gengar, Tyranitar, Celebi and all that (BAN ME PLEASE) that are waiting a SD get OHKO killed by this dude. Scizor and Landorus-T are my primmary offensive weapon.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam

The magnet puller. This is my answer to all those annoying Metal-type pokemons. Charge Beam is the core of this set. Yes. After a Sub, you just bombard your foe with Charge Beam, setting up the SAtk, and when you have enough bonus to guarantee another kill (+4 or +5 SAtk bonus), you just kill that Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc. This buddy, after a SAtk bonus, kill at least 2 pokes, always.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The star of the show. I don't show him up, unless there is nothing than can resist an Outrage. So, no Metal-type PKMNs, 2~3 alive pokes, the foe is at half of his HP (yeah, when the HP bar turns yellow), there's when Salamence show up. So, you have to ensure the Moxie bonus after an Outrage, and then just watch the show. Salamence +1 will hit like a truck, so, when you have the bonus actually you have the match in your pocket, unless you miss an alive Mamoswine or something like that.

That is the new version of the team. I've recognized a few weakness, but it always works great against any time and give troubles to all the players out there. Suggestions/advices are welcome (I'm waiting for that!). See ya.

Importable...

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
You say you forego Stone Edge on Landorus-t because your team "handles Volc all day", but i beg to differ. In the Sun, Quiver Dance Volcarona can boost up on Scizor or even Latias and ohko every single member of your team after Stealth Rock, which is especially troublesome because mence is your only true "check" and it has no spinner to remove rocks at any point in the match. considering all latias seems to do for your team is check mixape and act as a bulky fighting resist, i see no reason not to replace it with scald/psyshock/rapid spin/recover starmie, which will spin away the sikes that you essentially allow the opposition to get when killing the common defensive steels with magnezone, as well as spinning away stealth rock earlier so salamence has less trouble with volcarona. bulky volcarona will have to be beaten by a combination of mence + trick rotom-w though, as flame body + morning sun can most likely stall mence out e__e

i would also run an adamant or naive nature on landorus-t, as with a hasty nature you trouble very much to come into terrakion and other physical attackers due to your drop in defense. hp ice will 2hko gliscor regardless of running a -satk nature, and in general will increase landorus' survivability.

you might want to test specs magnezone with volt switch too, as its a pretty awesome set that fucks with shed shell skarm and still hits like a truck. you can smash rain late game with thunderbolt before bringing out mence, and if it turns out it doesnt work you can go right back to sub charge

cool team hope i helped

You say you forego Stone Edge on Landorus-t because your team "handles Volc all day", but i beg to differ. In the Sun, Quiver Dance Volcarona can boost up on Scizor or even Latias and ohko every single member of your team after Stealth Rock, which is especially troublesome because mence is your only true "check" and it has no spinner to remove rocks at any point in the match. considering all latias seems to do for your team is check mixape and act as a bulky fighting resist, i see no reason not to replace it with scald/psyshock/rapid spin/recover starmie, which will spin away the sikes that you essentially allow the opposition to get when killing the common defensive steels with magnezone, as well as spinning away stealth rock earlier so salamence has less trouble with volcarona. bulky volcarona will have to be beaten by a combination of mence + trick rotom-w though, as flame body + morning sun can most likely stall mence out e__e

i would also run an adamant or naive nature on landorus-t, as with a hasty nature you trouble very much to come into terrakion and other physical attackers due to your drop in defense. hp ice will 2hko gliscor regardless of running a -satk nature, and in general will increase landorus' survivability.

you might want to test specs magnezone with volt switch too, as its a pretty awesome set that fucks with shed shell skarm and still hits like a truck. you can smash rain late game with thunderbolt before bringing out mence, and if it turns out it doesnt work you can go right back to sub charge

cool team hope i helped
Can you give that Starmie set? I was thinking about it, so I guess I'll test Starmie.

I change the nature of Landorus-T and that gives me good results, thanks buddy.

Well, Magnezone sucks, I have to say it, if there was another Magnet Puller I def will use it, but at the moment I can't change it or change his set, that set fix perfectly into the team.

Thanks anyway ^^

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
use a timid nature with 224 Spe / 252 HP / 32 Sdef, and a moveset of Scald / Psyshock / Recover / Rapid Spin

If you haven't decided on starmie over lastias yet, then I recommend you use SubCM- just switch HP fire for substitute- that set literally walls rain and sun.
Now if you DON'T use Latias then rain quickly becomes a problem. Specsnadus will rip holes in your team, even rotom wash, and without a special sponge in the form of Latias then it will downright sweep your team (Volt switch does around 70% to specsnadus iirc) That's why I recommend that you keep latias- volcorona isn't much of a problem if you can get rocks up, and if rotom w tricks it a scarf as it sets up it's useless.
I can handle Volcarona easily with Starmie, but yeah Specs Tornadus is a thread, but with Rotom-W and Magnezone it is not that hard to check it.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey bro, got your request. I think I already rated this team before, although it is different. I would like to point out that Volcarona with HP Rock runs through your team as it will OHKO Salamence and sweep you easily. I would like to suggest Standard Terrakion to fix your problems, replacing Landorus on this team. Terrakion is still able to set-up Stealth Rock and fire up his fearsome dual STAB combination that makes so many teams cower into fear. As the last moveslot, I would like to suggest Protect as it will allow you to scout the oponent´s move and make a decision. It works fantastically as if Scizor is revealed to be locked into Bullet Punch, you can switch into Magnezone and trap him, while if not, then proceed to fire a STAB. To add more, it grants overall a higher synergy as he can come into any Dark attack fired at Latias and gain a Justified boost. Below is the set and I hope it helped you out. For the item, you can use Life Orb to boost further your attacks, an Air Balloon to gain more chances to set-up SR or even a Chople Berry to take those Superpowers from Tyranitar or Mach Punches from Breloom.

Terrakion @ [Life Orb / Air Balloon / Chople Berry]
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat

Hey bro, got your request. I think I already rated this team before, although it is different. I would like to point out that Volcarona with HP Rock runs through your team as it will OHKO Salamence and sweep you easily. I would like to suggest Standard Terrakion to fix your problems, replacing Landorus on this team. Terrakion is still able to set-up Stealth Rock and fire up his fearsome dual STAB combination that makes so many teams cower into fear. As the last moveslot, I would like to suggest Protect as it will allow you to scout the oponent´s move and make a decision. It works fantastically as if Scizor is revealed to be locked into Bullet Punch, you can switch into Magnezone and trap him, while if not, then proceed to fire a STAB. To add more, it grants overall a higher synergy as he can come into any Dark attack fired at Latias and gain a Justified boost. Below is the set and I hope it helped you out. For the item, you can use Life Orb to boost further your attacks, an Air Balloon to gain more chances to set-up SR or even a Chople Berry to take those Superpowers from Tyranitar or Mach Punches from Breloom.

Terrakion @ [Life Orb / Air Balloon / Chople Berry]
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
You suggest me the same mon in the v1.0, and Terrakion didn't gave me good results, that's why I replaced him (Landorus-T). Instead CM Latias, I'm using Starmie, and well, she results better than expected, better than Latias. So, I'm sorry that I don't updated it, I will do it right now.

I'm getting some troubles with Hydration Wall Vaporeon, it poisons almost all my team, and metal types get burned with Scald, and I can even hit it because he recovers entire Hp with Rest. How can I counter it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)