Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You should use eontimer when dealing with high delays / any delay really, that guide is a little outdated.

Hey could someone help me on hitting my target frames? The frame I'm trying to hit is 606 but every time I try, I hit around 590-600. I've managed to RNG for 3 shiny eggs using the finder and then today I suddenly can't hit my target anymore.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey could someone help me on hitting my target frames? The frame I'm trying to hit is 606 but every time I try, I hit around 590-600. I've managed to RNG for 3 shiny eggs using the finder and then today I suddenly can't hit my target anymore.
Frame or delay? If it's frame you just need to keep better track of your advances or find a seed with a lower target frame, can't really help you with that. If you mean delay, then get EonTimer, put all your info into it, then if you miss your delay put what you hit into the bottom field and click Update.

You should use eontimer when dealing with high delays / any delay really, that guide is a little outdated.
I'm sure EonTimer is far more sophisticated than Emloop but my issue seems to be with RNGReporter more than anything. I think I understand how to use Emloop well enough (I have no issues with it when RNGing on Emerald) but for whatever reason I can't figure out how far off my delay is.

I can find my calibrated delay (i.e. mashing through the intro to load the savefile ASAP) using high level wild Pokemon without any issue. But when I attempt to use a high delay, the seed finder keeps giving me error messages about "no reasonable initial seed found". Can't quite figure out what the problem is, which is frustrating because I remember being able to do this 2 years ago. :[

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You're still doing it the old way, you don't need to find your calibrated delay manually or do anything with high level Pokémon. Switch to EonTimer, trust me, it's a lot easier.

What version of RNG Reporter are you using?

If I understand correctly, the "Find SID via the Department Store Lottery" trick only works on HG/SS, meaning that there is no way to find my SID in D/P/Pt without an existing shiny caught in my game, an external device / PokéCheck, or chaining shinies, correct?

What are the effects of dry internal battery in Ruby and Sapphire? Someone told me it has an effect on Trainer's Eyes and the battles won't pop up as often. This would be a disaster since I'm doing a Nuzlocke run in dried-out Ruby right now, so I hope it's not true.

Sorry if this is a wrong place to ask.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
What are the effects of dry internal battery in Ruby and Sapphire? Someone told me it has an effect on Trainer's Eyes and the battles won't pop up as often. This would be a disaster since I'm doing a Nuzlocke run in dried-out Ruby right now, so I hope it's not true.

Sorry if this is a wrong place to ask.
The seeding process for the PRNG always uses Jan 1, 2000 at midnight as the date, yielding a seed of 5A0 every time. And of course, all timed events do not happen.

Can you RNG for Soulsilver with a 3DS because I keep getting elm responses that aren't found. It might be a completely different problem though..

Okay, I am trying to ID Abuse but I am confused as when I search for the wrong ID that I hit, I get two results both at different delays and seconds.
I am using the RNG Reporter from Everstone's RNG Guide.

Can you RNG for Soulsilver with a 3DS because I keep getting elm responses that aren't found. It might be a completely different problem though..
My friend, I have RNG Abused all my pokmeon on a HG Cart on my 3ds.
You should check the adjacent seconds.

I followed Everstones guide to the letter but I'm still getting elm responses that cant be found I've even tried setting the adjusted delay to 50 but it still doesn't find it, is there any explanation for this?

I followed Everstones guide to the letter but I'm still getting elm responses that cant be found I've even tried setting the adjusted delay to 50 but it still doesn't find it, is there any explanation for this?
Well for starters, don't look into the timer, just look at your DS and press A as soon as you hear the last beep.
I tried hitting a delay of 5375 for my Ho-oh and i succeeded because I did this and had my calibration done correctly.
Also, definitely try Roamers for Seed Verification as they speed up the work significantly.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, I am trying to ID Abuse but I am confused as when I search for the wrong ID that I hit, I get two results both at different delays and seconds.
I am using the RNG Reporter from Everstone's RNG Guide.
Likely you're looking for the one that is closer in seconds to what you were aiming for. You may have to subtract a few seconds from your target second to hit the right thing for ID abuse.

Just what is the difference between RNGing in 3rd gen on a GBA and on a DS? I know the latest update of EonTimer has a setting for each.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is an extremely small difference in the amount of video frames displayed per second. DS actually runs GBA games very slightly slower than a GBA does. Since the PRNG is tied to video frames... yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)