Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After 7 elm calls would that be frame 7 or 8
If you did 7 Elm calls you would hit frame 8, assuming there are no wandering NPCs and you have no active roamers. But you can also just compare the calls you get to the frames to see which one you're on.

Quick question, is it possible to determine your SID for a Method 1 pokemon via a shiny Method 2 pokemon?

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm using Emerald btw.

But when I put the IV's for the SID, it gives me an SID for Method 1 and a seperate SID for Method 2. Method 2 works fine, but when I try Method 1 out with it's SID, I hit the frame(I'm positive of it) which is supposed to be shiny, yet I get the same natures, same IVs as I should, but the pokemon is not shiny. Am I doing something wrong?

The pokemon in question is Regirock, for the record.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
There's only one SID. You must be doing something wrong; can you explain exactly what you're doing, preferably with screenshots?

There's only one SID. You must be doing something wrong; can you explain exactly what you're doing, preferably with screenshots?
Unfortunately, I cannot supply screenshots. I will however, do my best to explain what I am doing.

I open up RNG reporter. Using the Zigzagoon(And all the other Method two pokemon I have Shiny RNG'd, all have the same IVs as well as nature) for reference to check my SID. I click the 4th gen tools thing(I have too, seeing as there is no other option for it, but this has worked to calculate my SID via method two).

I then click on "Calculate PID from IVs" and insert the IV's of my Zigzagoon, which is the same as all the shiny method 2 pokemon I've gotten. The IV's are 1/26/12/3/25/5. The nature is Lonely. My Trainer ID is 24161. When I click "Find", I get two results. They are...

Method 2 SID:52464
Method 1 SID:30544

I try out my Method 2 SID abuse and am able to get a Shiny Spinda a few tries later.

I walk up to Regirock(Method 1), save infront of it. After a few tries, I get the right nature and IVs that I should have gotten on the frame it's (supposed) to be shiny. It's got all the right IVs, natures and stuff. But it's not shiny.

If I have missed anything or failed to explain something, please let me know.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Try searching for a spread for Regirock with SID 52464, I'm pretty sure that should work. The method 1 SID was calculated as if the spread you input was from method 1, it doesn't mean to use it for method 1. Ignore it.

Try searching for a spread for Regirock with SID 52464, I'm pretty sure that should work. The method 1 SID was calculated as if the spread you input was from method 1, it doesn't mean to use it for method 1. Ignore it.
Alright, I'll try. I'll come back with the results after, if sucessful.

Thanks!

EDIT:Yes! I got it! Thank you so much for your help!

New here, and probably a completely noob question, but I have been trying to figure out how to RNG on sapphire with a flat battery, but I am getting fairly confused... :/
My trainer ID is 07405 which converts to 1CED in hex...
Now I am trying to get a shiny beldum, but I can't figure out exactly how long I have to wait before clicking 'A' at the 'would you like to take the pokemon?' question... (I think it is around the ~46s mark from SR, but the natures I am getting don't seem to be consitent with that time, and I have no idea how to check IV's...)
Firstly, do I have enough information to calculate the time using RNG reporter?
And secondly, is it easier to restart the game and try get a shiny time which is reasonable, then just play through the game to get shinys that way?
I have been trying to follow the guide here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng
Thanks in advance for any help!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
New here, and probably a completely noob question, but I have been trying to figure out how to RNG on sapphire with a flat battery, but I am getting fairly confused... :/
My trainer ID is 07405 which converts to 1CED in hex...
Now I am trying to get a shiny beldum, but I can't figure out exactly how long I have to wait before clicking 'A' at the 'would you like to take the pokemon?' question... (I think it is around the ~46s mark from SR, but the natures I am getting don't seem to be consitent with that time, and I have no idea how to check IV's...)
Firstly, do I have enough information to calculate the time using RNG reporter?
And secondly, is it easier to restart the game and try get a shiny time which is reasonable, then just play through the game to get shinys that way?
I have been trying to follow the guide here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng
Thanks in advance for any help!
If you want to do a shiny RNG, you need to know your SID. Do you know yours?

To figure out how long to wait, use EonTimer. It'll make things a lot easier than trying to do without. If you miss your target, you just need to figure out what frame you hit and then adjust the timer.

Unless you're going to RNG your ID to make a specific spread shiny, don't bother restarting for a different one. 46 seconds is plenty short for a 3rd gen RNG.

If you want to do a shiny RNG, you need to know your SID. Do you know yours?

To figure out how long to wait, use EonTimer. It'll make things a lot easier than trying to do without. If you miss your target, you just need to figure out what frame you hit and then adjust the timer.

Unless you're going to RNG your ID to make a specific spread shiny, don't bother restarting for a different one. 46 seconds is plenty short for a 3rd gen RNG.
I don't know my SID, I thought that due to the battery being flat on sapphire it wasn't needed...
I am using EonTimer, but I am neither sure what my target should be exactly, or what frame I am actually hitting.
I generated a great big array of data using RNG reporter, and have found a frame (9973) which has an PID of the form XXXX1CED. will this be a shiny frame, or am I misunderstanding something?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I don't know my SID, I thought that due to the battery being flat on sapphire it wasn't needed...
I am using EonTimer, but I am neither sure what my target should be exactly, or what frame I am actually hitting.
I generated a great big array of data using RNG reporter, and have found a frame (9973) which has an PID of the form XXXX1CED. will this be a shiny frame, or am I misunderstanding something?
All the flat battery does is make it so your seed is always 5A0. Shininess is still determined by both your ID and SID. There are three ways to find it:
1. Use AR, or Pal Park something to Gen 4 and upload it to Pokécheck
2. Find a random non-bred shiny in the game and use the IVs to PID tool in RNG Reporter
3. Start a new game and RNG abuse your ID/SID.

First method is easiest unless you already have a random shiny in the game, but the third is most useful if you want to make a specific spread shiny.

Once you've done that, put your ID and SID into the main window of RNG Reporter, set the seed to 5A0 (and the method to Method 1 if it isn't already), check the Shiny box (and any restrictions on IVs/nature/etc. if you care about those) and Generate. Then pick your frame and put it into EonTimer in the Gen III tab.

All the flat battery does is make it so your seed is always 5A0. Shininess is still determined by both your ID and SID. There are three ways to find it:
1. Use AR, or Pal Park something to Gen 4 and upload it to Pokécheck
2. Find a random non-bred shiny in the game and use the IVs to PID tool in RNG Reporter
3. Start a new game and RNG abuse your ID/SID.

First method is easiest unless you already have a random shiny in the game, but the third is most useful if you want to make a specific spread shiny.

Once you've done that, put your ID and SID into the main window of RNG Reporter, set the seed to 5A0 (and the method to Method 1 if it isn't already), check the Shiny box (and any restrictions on IVs/nature/etc. if you care about those) and Generate. Then pick your frame and put it into EonTimer in the Gen III tab.
Well I was planning on restarting the game when I had figured out how to RNG to get some of the legends shiny, so it would probably be best to do #3
Will #3 actually get me my SID though, as the process described in my above link doesn't seem to require the SID to be known...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Well I was planning on restarting the game when I had figured out how to RNG to get some of the legends shiny, so it would probably be best to do #3
Will #3 actually get me my SID though, as the process described in my above link doesn't seem to require the SID to be known...
When you RNG your ID, it's almost guaranteed that you will get your desired SID as well (the only exception would be if there happened to be the same ID on another frame near your target and you managed to accidentally hit it instead, an extremely unlikely occurrence). Also, ignore the stuff that guide says about ID/SID abuse. Pandora's Box (a function of RNG Reporter) now supports Ruby/Sapphire, so you can do it much more easily. Here's what you want to do:

1. Find a spread you want to make shiny in the main window. Make sure it's seed 5A0 and Method 1.
2. Take the PID for that frame, open up Pandora's Box (under 3rd Gen Tools), check the PID box, put in that PID, and search. If you don't get any results, set the max frame higher. When you get a result, write down the numbers and target frame.
3. Put the target frame into EonTimer and try to hit it. If you don't get your target ID, go back to Pandora's Box, check TID instead, put in the ID you got, and search. That'll tell you what frame you actually hit, and you can put it into EonTimer to update it.
4. Repeat step 3 until you get your target ID. Now whenever you do a RNG, make sure to put the ID and SID into the main window of RNG Reporter to see your shiny frames.

Hope that all made sense, let me know if you have more questions about anything.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.95 beta but it doesn't have pandora's box for Gen 3... only 4 and 5...
I will be transferring a few pokemon up to gen 4 and giving this a go in a sec...

Thankyou so much for all your help! I have found a frame I want and am currently trying to reset to get the trainer number, so hopefully it will work out now :)
I assume that the frame to press A is after I press A when it says "Well, I'll be expecting you later. Come see me in my Pokemon Lab." or is it when I press A for that?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Thankyou so much for all your help! I have found a frame I want and am currently trying to reset to get the trainer number, so hopefully it will work out now :)
I assume that the frame to press A is after I press A when it says "Well, I'll be expecting you later. Come see me in my Pokemon Lab." or is it when I press A for that?
You want to wait on the last line of dialogue before the shrinking animation (which I think is that one), then press A when the timer hits 0.

You want to wait on the last line of dialogue before the shrinking animation (which I think is that one), then press A when the timer hits 0.
Ok, I was doing that, only a few frames off now... just comes down to reaction times (and a bit of luck) now :P
Thanks again so much for your help! Don't think I would have got it otherwise! :D

Hi, I'm trying to rng a wild shiny Staryu on my White version, and it's exceedingly difficult with all the npcs on Route 13. I have no way of knowing how much the npcs are delaying the PID frame and because it's a surf encounter on a route with wandering NPCs, I have no way to advance the iv frame beyond 1, so the only seed that works has roughly 240+ chatots, which is annoying. I have no idea what I'm doing!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Ok, I was doing that, only a few frames off now... just comes down to reaction times (and a bit of luck) now :P
Thanks again so much for your help! Don't think I would have got it otherwise! :D
You're welcome! And now you'll have a good idea of how to hit seeds once you get on to the actual RNGing.
Hi, I'm trying to rng a wild shiny Staryu on my White version, and it's exceedingly difficult with all the npcs on Route 13. I have no way of knowing how much the npcs are delaying the PID frame and because it's a surf encounter on a route with wandering NPCs, I have no way to advance the iv frame beyond 1, so the only seed that works has roughly 240+ chatots, which is annoying. I have no idea what I'm doing!
You'll want to ask in the 5th gen thread :P
Anyway, your best bet is to just hit the seed, Sweet Scent with no chatters, figure out what frame you hit, and then use that as your starting frame and adjust from there.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assuming that you started that save file on a dead battery and didn't spend an extraordinary amount of time starting a new game your SID is most likely 23067.

g'day.

i'm trying out my first gen4 rng on giratina in turnback cave on platinum.

i searched for a 31/31/31/X/31/31 spread with time finder and got:

i searched coin flips to confirm i hit my delay, then did 800 journal advances (1601-1-0) as i have no roamers released.

i ended up with a 15/15/3/21/11/14 spread, so i did a search and found this:

both results appear to be showing be different spreads for seed=17020266 frame=1601.

what have i done wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
g'day.

i'm trying out my first gen4 rng on giratina in turnback cave on platinum.

i searched for a 31/31/31/X/31/31 spread with time finder and got:

i searched coin flips to confirm i hit my delay, then did 800 journal advances (1601-1-0) as i have no roamers released.

i ended up with a 15/15/3/21/11/14 spread, so i did a search and found this:

both results appear to be showing be different spreads for seed=17020266 frame=1601.

what have i done wrong?
The pictures seem to be missing so I can't say for sure, but if you're getting different results for the same seed and frame then most likely you have one of them set to the wrong method (should be Method J).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)