BW2 In-Game Tier List Discussion [Updated 7/24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
Are N's mons going to be ranked separately from their normal versions? All of them have nicer IVs and OK natures (some, unfortunately, have the wrong ability...); they also all have experience boosts because they have a different OT (oh, and any one of the physical ones have a strong move once you get them due to max happiness). Barring N's Boldore (which is silly considering you get something 7 levels higher and evolved right outside chargestone lol), those that you can get before the postgame are actually pretty neat.

In a way, they're kind of like the trade to evolve mons of past gens; they require another game to work but don't really depend on said other game but merely its existence.

You can go to Giant Chasm with only seven badges.
Wait, seriously?

Wow. Okay, that's making this guy look even better! Comes at a high level for that point in the game with HUGE stats and a great typing. Not much good against Marlon, but you can use him for the entire Plasma Frigate. Ice Fang bats and Dig/Earthquake everything else. Make your PWT detour to get him Ice Fang/AncientPower, throw a Rare Candy at him, and laugh.

Traded Gigalith for Mid. I don't know if the nature is set or not, but I got an Adamant one. And level 35 is good for this part of the game. He's a powerhouse, but incredibly slow, and there are better options all around to use vs gyms and E4 (he does ok vs Skylla but Swanna rapes him for example). Mid rating only because he can be an incredible asset vs random trainers.

Magmar for Low. He's quite fast, has good offensive stats, and honestly I don't think if evolving him to Magmortar is such a good idea. Morty is actually slower, and other stats are barely higher. Without breeding, his coverage is only "okay" and he's outclassed left and right by Darumaka.

Wait, seriously?

Wow. Okay, that's making this guy look even better! Comes at a high level for that point in the game with HUGE stats and a great typing. Not much good against Marlon, but you can use him for the entire Plasma Frigate. Ice Fang bats and Dig/Earthquake everything else. Make your PWT detour to get him Ice Fang/AncientPower, throw a Rare Candy at him, and laugh.
You can visit Seaside Cave and Giast Chiasm (but Team Plasma grunt block you almost from the start) before Marlon's gym

How do Gothitelle and Reuniclus stack up in this game? I doubt they're as good, since there aren't fighting types everywhere anymore, but I'm curious.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've seen a couple of references to IVs of in-game traded Pokemon.

Does anybody have a link showing IVs of all such trades?

Thanks.

Are N's mons going to be ranked separately from their normal versions? All of them have nicer IVs and OK natures (some, unfortunately, have the wrong ability...); they also all have experience boosts because they have a different OT (oh, and any one of the physical ones have a strong move once you get them due to max happiness). Barring N's Boldore (which is silly considering you get something 7 levels higher and evolved right outside chargestone lol), those that you can get before the postgame are actually pretty neat.

In a way, they're kind of like the trade to evolve mons of past gens; they require another game to work but don't really depend on said other game but merely its existence.
If anything, not everyone will have access to BW1 (yes this sounds stupid but you can't discount that possibility!), so I'm not sure if they should count.

Even so, I don't think N's mons really deserve a separate ranking and they are all pretty similar functionally anyway, Zorua is the only exception because its the only Zorua you'll get in the game. I mean, unless there is actual proof or whatever of stuff like N's Darumaka/Scraggy/Sigilyph/etc being significantly better than normal Darumaka/Scraggy/Sigilyph/etc I don't really see if there is even a difference.

They get boosted experience, but none of the natures are very good...

And Sigilyph has Wonder Skin, which means it just plain sucks.

Reading this thread I think this will be the second time in my 12 years of playing Pokemon that I will ditch my starter (first being Blastoise in Leaf Green, replaced by Dewgong).

I don't want Oshawatt because I plan on using Starmie, I don't want Snivy because I already used him in B&W1. I guess I'll have to settle for Tepig, who I am not a big fan of because I am saturated with the Fire/Fighting starters.

Yeah unfortunately Unova starters are quite poop, especially compared to monsters like Blaziken, Swampert, Inernape or Empoleon :(

Btw the final Pokemon I have tested and will rate is Axew. And I rate him Top, so in my book he joins "magnemite tier" next to Heracross and Magnemite himself :)

Axew can be caught after 5th gym, and should evolve for the first time around Celestial Tower/Skylla. He starts at 29-30, already with Dragon Claw, and learns Dragon Dance at 32. Honestly he doesn't even need anything else for in game, but you can actually tutor him Superpower in Yamaji Town. Whatever you use for 4th move does not matter really.

Has anyone got a chance to test Walrein?

You're exaggerating. Oshawott and Tepig work just fine. Both evolve fast. Oshawott learns Razor Shell quick which is quite powerful that early in the game. You get STAB Surf later on and you can relearn Megahorn in exchange for a Heart Scale. Pignite gets Arm Thrust and already has Flame Charge to help fix its speed. When you get Emboar you can relearn it Hammer Arm which is bad for its speed but it has a lot more power than the unreliable Arm Thrust.

I'm not saying they're useless, I'm saying they're simply not strong enough. Samurott has nothing on Starmie, Slightly higher SpA, but much worse speed. And I'd rather use Heracross for Megahorn. Tepig line becomes useless the moment you catch Darumaka, so yeah...

I'm not saying they're useless, I'm saying they're simply not strong enough. Samurott has nothing on Starmie, Slightly higher SpA, but much worse speed. And I'd rather use Heracross for Megahorn. Tepig line becomes useless the moment you catch Darumaka, so yeah...
I thought Starmie came late and has a low appearance rate?

Staryu has 30% rate (well according to serebii its 30%) and can be instantly evolved with a stone. It comes between 6th and 7th gym. I never felt like I needed a water type before that anyway, but then again I keep a very tight poke roster (battling with 4 tops) ;p

Axew can be caught after 5th gym, and should evolve for the first time around Celestial Tower/Skylla. He starts at 29-30, already with Dragon Claw, and learns Dragon Dance at 32. Honestly he doesn't even need anything else for in game, but you can actually tutor him Superpower in Yamaji Town. Whatever you use for 4th move does not matter really.
Were you not frustrated by his frailness as an Axew? I'm also a bit underwhelmed by his offense, even after a Dragon Dance he's still 3HKOing and failing to outspeed stronger stuff. Not to mention he's in the slow exp. group and therefore takes longer to level.

Maybe he suddenly becomes incredible as a Fraxure (my Axew's at Lvl 35, just beat Skyla and am exploring Route 7) but for now I'm starting to regret not just waiting to catch Terrakion a gym from now.

I underestimated Magnemite before he evolved, but this is different since there's such a notable gap between him and Lucario/Magnezone/Vaporeon on my team right now.

EDIT: He has a Quiet nature so maybe that's partly why he can't outspeed anything after a Dragon Dance.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't know what tier Serperior was in BW, but I'd say it should drop in BW2. It's still the same old Serperior we all know (ok as Snivy, piece of shit as Servine, gets better with Coil/Leaf Blade at lv3x+, then finally evolves), but the competition seems too stiff for him.

There's the odd chance of finding Pansage in Lostlorn Forest, you find Sewaddle in the very first route, Lilligant still exists (although a bit later), there's Roselia in Lostlorn, glorious Tangela/Tangrowth (you can even trade for one!) in Route 13 and finally, Virizion in Route 11. All of them, simply ALL of them, have a bigger movepool and better offensive stats in at least one side of the spectrum. The best thing Serperior has really is Coil+Leaf Blade and that isn't enough anymore, in my opinion.

using rosalia atm, pretty good. Got a lv 23 one soon as i could get to nimbasa, then used it to clear desert resort, and getting rdy to use it for elsa

Were you not frustrated by his frailness as an Axew? I'm also a bit underwhelmed by his offense, even after a Dragon Dance he's still 3HKOing and failing to outspeed stronger stuff. Not to mention he's in the slow exp. group and therefore takes longer to level.

Maybe he suddenly becomes incredible as a Fraxure (my Axew's at Lvl 35, just beat Skyla and am exploring Route 7) but for now I'm starting to regret not just waiting to catch Terrakion a gym from now.

I underestimated Magnemite before he evolved, but this is different since there's such a notable gap between him and Lucario/Magnezone/Vaporeon on my team right now.

EDIT: He has a Quiet nature so maybe that's partly why he can't outspeed anything after a Dragon Dance.
There is no reason to use him right off the bat, especially considering he will most likely be underleveled compared to the rest of your team. You can just slap Exp Share on him, and by the time you hit Yamaji Town, you'll probably be rockin Fraxure. The difference is big, because as a Fraxure he already has almost as much Atk as, say, Emboar.

And there is actually quite a lot of content between Skylla and Terrakion. Keep him, trust me, he's worth it.

There is no reason to use him right off the bat, especially considering he will most likely be underleveled compared to the rest of your team. You can just slap Exp Share on him, and by the time you hit Yamaji Town, you'll probably be rockin Fraxure. The difference is big, because as a Fraxure he already has almost as much Atk as, say, Emboar.

And there is actually quite a lot of content between Skylla and Terrakion. Keep him, trust me, he's worth it.
Okay, but keep in mind that a Pokemon that requires EXP Share to eventually become good is not top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)