Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Power Swap
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

I decided to make a sun team, so Ninetales was needed. Power swap swaps all stat changes with user and opponent, screwing up special sweepers who get the -2 special attack from overheat. The problem is that it can't do anything at all to Flash Fire pokes, but switching into Heatran at the right moment can give him the boost.
I run Ninetales in almost every sun team of mine with Overheat and Power Swap, combined with Sunny Day. Is basically a way to destroy Baton Passing chains, destroy Special sweepers. Reset the Dragon Dancing party. Ruins the day of that incoming scald with sunny day. Oh well it is so GOOD but so underrated. The fourth move slot can either be Substitute or Will-O-Wisp. Both are effective, but Will-O-Wisp works great in combination with OH and power swap.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Defensive Rotom does a number of things for your team, it gives you a solid answer to Mamoswine, as Rotom resists it's dual STAB and can OHKO back with Hydro Pump or cripple it with Will-O-Wisp -- either of these stop it dead. This puts a lot less pressure on the rest of your team to deal with it. A more defensive Rotom-W will give you a better check to Rain Teams that are very common in the new metagame, as you can burn threats that make it easier to switch in Ninetales or Venusaur which can make a big difference considering you aren't running a spinner. A more defensive set also gives you a lot more longevity, being able to Pain Split up against defensive threats to gain more health.

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

My main sweeper. Unfortunately it doesn't have the best coverage, but after a growth it can deal a lot damage even when giga drain is resisted. Sleep powder really helps in setting up and eliminating pokes that can just wall my entire set. I rarely get to sweep with it because of the poor coverage, but it does a real good job, as long as the sun is up, cause without it it can't do anything...
I think using Hidden Power Ice over Hidden Power Fire for Venusaur would help your team a lot in terms of being able to check Dragons. While Hidden Power Fire was useful when dealing with Ferrothorn, these aren't usually a big menace to Sun teams.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

I wasn't sure which Landorus should I use, but I finally went with the Therian form because it work better without sand. Intimidate really helps with physical attackers and forces a lot of switches, so I can set up my rocks or just use U-turn and switch into appropriate counter. The problem with this poke is that it can outspeed too many things, while being 2HKO'd anyway.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+ Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Heatran really destroys everything in the sun. Substitute on the switch lets it safely take down the opponent team. Air Baloon is an item made just for Heatran - without the ground weakness he can safely switch in and kill other Heatrans and other pokes that may threaten him with an EQ. If somebody is unlucky enough (or makes a wrong prediction) to hit him with a fire move he just destroys everything with the Fire Blast (especially in the sun).

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Recover
- Night Shade

As a result of running a more defensive Rotom-W set to deal with Mamoswine and Rain more reliably, you might have a little more trouble against defensive cores, which are even more common in 5th Gen with the release of things such as Regenerator Amoonguss . To deal with these defensive cores that might cause you some trouble, I think you could run a Deoxys-D over your current Espeon. Deoxys-D does a number of things for your team, most importantly, it provides you with 100% reliable hazards which is something that Espeon cannot provide. While Espeon can avoid status and stops opponents setting up hazards, you will most likely not lead with Espeon. On the other hand, Deoxys-D is a reliable lead, and can also prevent hazards by using Taunt, making it a great stallbreaker. Deoxys-D also has a lot more bulk than Espeon while still retaining a great speed stat, not to mention it also has reliable recovery and still gives you the same synergy as previously.
I'll write any of my team's problems when I'll try the "new version" out​

Your descriptions are quite short, please improve them to the standards of RMT. Check out the RMT Archive and other open threads to see the kind of detail is sufficient.

Heatran with Solarbeam, I find that awkward... You could use an Air Balloon on Heatran. Then you can take other Heatrans down with more ease. I suggest this set for a Specially Offensive Tran

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+ Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

With this set you can so easily Late Game Sweep, or at least cause havoc in any team. That does not have Gyarados. The deal is... call in Heatran. Force a switch, use substitute. Use whatever you want to KILL. Other really nice use for this is obviously Dragon Slaying. Foes locked into outrage and stuff of the kind. HP Ice OHKO's every dragon 4x weak to it (that is not a Dragonite with Intact Multiscale). It OHKO's all Dragons in OU after SR damage, except Kingdra. Earth power is only to deal with opposing Heatran and other things that are 4x weak to it.

I don't get how you are stalling with Ninetales, except for maybe PP stalling. I run Ninetales in almost every sun team of mine with Overheat and Power Swap, combined with Sunny Day. Is basically a way to destroy Baton Passing chains, destroy Special sweepers. Reset the Dragon Dancing party. Ruins the day of that incoming scald with sunny day. Oh well it is so GOOD but so underrated. The fourth move slot can either be Substitute or Will-O-Wisp. Both are effective, but Will-O-Wisp works great in combination with OH and power swap.
While overheat and power swap take care of the Special threats, willo cripples the Physical ones.

Ninetales @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Overheat
- Power Swap
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp / Substitute

Sayonara

don't forget
Hi!

I find that your team has problems dealing with Dragons like Haxorus and Dragonite. No one, at the exception of Heatran, can tank a powerful STAB Outrage. In addition, they can utilize Earthquake to kill Heatran. While your team wasn't designed to tank hits, I think using Hidden Power Ice over Hidden Power Fire for Venusaur would help your team a lot in terms of being able to check Dragons. While Hidden Power Fire was useful when dealing with Ferrothorn, these aren't usually a big menace to Sun teams. You've got Ninetales and Heatran to deal with it, so Hidden Power Fire on Venusaur isn't mandatory. Finally, I think Solarbeam would help out Heatran, instead of Substitute, allowing it to get past Rotom-W, Gastrodon and Jellicent with more ease, instead of constantly being walled by them! Substitute isn't too good, as it just makes Heatran lose a lot of health. In addition, the Air Balloon still breaks while being behind a Substitute. I don't have much else to add - cool team, and good luck!

Hi there!

This is a neat sun team you have here, Ninetales supporting Heatran and Venusaur while you have Rotom and Landorus-T to help check Rain and Sand Teams respectively. One gaping weakness I do see to this team is Mamoswine, Mamoswine is very anti-metagame right now, having a certain niche to revenge Dragons and faster Pokemon weak to priority, as well as being a great offensive user of Stealth Rock, both of these reasons make Mamoswine a big threat to your team. Mamoswine can OHKO 2/3 of your team, while your supposed Mamoswine counter in Rotom might not be able to deal with it when locked into Volt Switch or Hidden Power [Ice]. For these reasons, I think you should change your Rotom into a Defensive Variant rather than your Choice Specs set. Defensive Rotom does a number of things for your team, it gives you a solid answer to Mamoswine, as Rotom resists it's dual STAB and can OHKO back with Hydro Pump or cripple it with Will-O-Wisp -- either of these stop it dead. This puts a lot less pressure on the rest of your team to deal with it. A more defensive Rotom-W will give you a better check to Rain Teams that are very common in the new metagame, as you can burn threats that make it easier to switch in Ninetales or Venusaur which can make a big difference considering you aren't running a spinner. A more defensive set also gives you a lot more longevity, being able to Pain Split up against defensive threats to gain more health. The only thing you lose while running a defensive set over Choice Specs is the ability to shut down walls, which I will get onto in a minute.

As a result of running a more defensive Rotom-W set to deal with Mamoswine and Rain more reliably, you might have a little more trouble against defensive cores, which are even more common in 5th Gen with the release of things such as Regenerator Amoonguss . To deal with these defensive cores that might cause you some trouble, I think you could run a Deoxys-D over your current Espeon. Deoxys-D does a number of things for your team, most importantly, it provides you with 100% reliable hazards which is something that Espeon cannot provide. While Espeon can avoid status and stops opponents setting up hazards, you will most likely not lead with Espeon. On the other hand, Deoxys-D is a reliable lead, and can also prevent hazards by using Taunt, making it a great stallbreaker. Deoxys-D also has a lot more bulk than Espeon while still retaining a great speed stat, not to mention it also has reliable recovery and still gives you the same synergy as previously.

Also, I second Expert Physics's suggestion of Hidden Power [Ice] > Hidden Power [Fire] on Venusaur, for all the reasons he listed.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Sunny Day

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Recover
- Night Shade

Heatran with Solarbeam, I find that awkward...
Finally, I think Solarbeam would help out Heatran
:D But I think I like Substitute better. Heatran forces a lot of switches, so setting up a sub allows him to destroy (or at least damage) anything the opponent switched in.

To deal with these defensive cores that might cause you some trouble, I think you could run a Deoxys-D over your current Espeon.
I already thought about replacing Espeon and Deoxys-D seems like a pretty good thing to have on your team.

The only thing you lose while running a defensive set over Choice Specs is the ability to shut down walls
Yeah, I'll really miss Tricking Scizors with Choice Specs :D But my team was really

Thank you very much for your propositions. I'll try them out when Pokemon Showdown gets up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)