God Speed : Peaked 1874 on PS

Asek

Banned deucer.
God Speed
Team at a Glance

Introduction
Hello Team Raters! My name here is Asek and this is my first RMT so bear with me if it's not quite up to scratch. With the introduction of BW2 and Move tutors, Formes and DW abilities getting thrown into the mix, rain came out as the popular play style. However I'm not a big fan of weather so I steered far away from it when I decided to create a BW2 team. I settled on Fast Offense (My teams not quite Hyper IMO) and have had great success with it on PS!. I have good synergy, 5 priority moves (Hence Title), and ultimately my teams goal is to dent the opposition to a stage where Lucario can get a Swords Dance in and do what he does. I am currently 49W/10L which is the best I have ever done with a team. Now onto the team...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caesar

Mienshao (M)@ Life Orb
Nature: Naive (+Spd -SpA)
Trait: Regenerator
EV's: 252Atk / 4SpA / 252Spd
Fake Out / U-Turn / Hi-Jump Kick / Hidden Power [ICE]
I don't see how this guy dropped down to UU. He is so good at what he does. His Fake Out is incredibly useful letting me have a good guess at what the opponents weather lead set is, and can be used to break pesky Focus Sash. I usually just switch him in when one of my mon's faints to rack up Fake Out damage. I use Hidden Power over Stone Edge to beat Gliscor, which makes Lucario's life a lot easier. The EV's are explanatory for what he does being a frail Hit and Run guy. Life Orb and Regenerator are a winning combo as usual.
Currently testing Celebi / CM Virizion in this slot
Psychic- Metagross, Starmie
Flying- Metagross
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannibal

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
Trait: Clear Body
EV's: 252HP / 220Atk / 36Spd
Stealth Rock / Bullet Punch / Earthquake / Zen Headbutt
Even fast paced offensive teams like mine need a defensive anchor, and Metagross is perhaps the MVP of my team. Not only does he set up SR, he can be a 1 time status absorber with Lum Berry (Breloom and Amoonguss despair), He brings some very nice Resistances and he also gives me something to take the powerul Dragon Attacks being thrown around everywhere . Not to mention he can dish out a hell of a lot of damage with his massive Attack and he has enough bulk to take even STAB Earthquake off some mons! His Spd EV's are to outspeed mainly other Metagross, but lets me speed creep other stuff as well. I used to use Hammer Arm but I find Earthquakes coverage better as otherwise Starmie comes in and just spins away my SR for free. I like Zen headbutt for a cool STAB that is good for all the Fighting types in the meta. Bullet Punch is a good priority, especially against Hail and some Sand teams.
Currently testing Trick + Iron Ball Metagross in this slot
Fire- Dragonite, Starmie
Ground- Dragonite

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brutus

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly (+Spd -SpA)
Trait: Thick Fat
EV's: 252Atk / 4Def / 252Spd
Ice Shard / Earthquake / Icicle Spear / Superpower
This is the only guy on my team that is BW2 and I would go as far to say that he has the best Priority STAB in the entire Meta with Ice Shard. Not much can take his powerful STAB's and he generally handles nearly all of the new threats. With theirans flying around everywhere, and the ever popular Dragons rampaging about Ice Shard threatens them all with a KO. I run Jolly to outspeed Adamant Lucario & Toxicroak and the EV's are fairly normal. Icicle Spear works better than Icicle Crash or me as sub abusers, especially the olde SubPunch Breloom have their plans cut short by this awesome guy. Earthquake for obvious reasons and i choose Superpower over Stone Edge as I would rather get rid of Balloon Tran and Ferro quicker than have Stone Edge for Gyarados.
Steel- Metagross, Starmie, Lucario
Fighting- Starmie, Dragonite
Grass- Metagross, Dragonite, Lucario
Water- Dragonite, Starmie
Genghis

Dragonite (F)@ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EV's: 8HP / 248Atk / 252Spd
ExtremeSpeed/ Fire Punch / Earthquake / Outrage
Dragonite is my only Choice Pokemon but he wears his Band like an absolute boss. Even Steel types will have trouble containing him when he unleashes his Outrage upon them and his two coverage moves can nail them on the switch with good prediction. ExtremSpeed hits brutally hard with a Band on and is my answer to many set up sweepers at +1/+1. Adamant is here for maximum hitting power and 8 HP EV's are good for maximizing switch ins. 252Spd is needed to at least speed tie with opposing Dragonite's who haven't boosted up and Multiscale as always is Dragonites pride.
Rock- Metagross, Lucario, Mienshao
Dragon- Metagross
Ice- Mamoswine, Metagross, Starmie, Lucario
Montezuma

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid (+Spd -Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure
EV's: 4Def/ 252SpA / 252Spd
Rapid Spin/ Surf/ Thunderbolt/ Recover (Thanks Motagua!)
Starmie is my only special attacker and also provides invaluable rapid spin mainly for Dragonite, but also for Spike Stacking teams. Starmie also doubles as my status sponge taking Will-O-Wisp and other troublesome status for my team like a boss. Her often under appreciated bulk lets me switch in on loads of Choice Locked stuff with her great resistances and use the free turn to Rapid Spin/ Attack. I use Recover over Ice Beam for added longevity and more switch ins. The other moves are standard and Starmie often helps me defeat rain teams with Powerful rain boosted Surf wrecking all. Life Orb for maximum hitting power and EV's are standard. Timid to beat a whole slew of important stuff like Gengar, Tornadus-T etc.
Ghost- Lucario
Electric- Mamoswine
Grass- Dragonite, Metagross, Lucario
Dark- Lucario, Mienshao
Bug- Dragonite, Lucario, Mienshao
Barbarossa

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EV's: 252Atk/ 4Def/ 252Spd
Swords Dance/ Close Combat/ ExtremeSpeed/ Crunch
Well you've all seen this before. Your team is weakened, your counters are low on HP, Lucario switches in, does a dance and the shows over. I mean he KO's Skarm after SR damage with a +2 Close Combat. I chose Crunch to hit Jellicent who is more annoying than Terrakion/ Gengar/ Gliscor for my team. Adamant nature is needed for maximum damage output and ExtremeSpeed is a gift to all Physical Attackers. Pretty standard here, but this is easily the late gamer I have had the most success with. And his typing means its easy to set up on loads of stuff, the best example being Banded Scizors Bullet Punch. Yeah not much to say you have all probably been on the receiving end of this at one stage.
Fire- Dragonite, Starmie
Ground- Dragonite
Fighting- Starmie, Dragonite
Conclusion
This team has been incredibly fun to use but I know there is many ways it can be improved. So I turn to you team raters to help me maximize its potential. I made this team mainly to show how weather-less offense is still very viable with the mass usage of weather teams and I'm hoping I convinced many others of this too. Leave a Luv'disc if you like my team and thanks for reading its much appreciated
Importable for those interested.
Caesar (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hannibal (Metagross) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Brutus (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Superpower

Genghis (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Spd / 248 Atk
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Montezuma (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Barbarossa (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

One final look

Asek

Banned deucer.
Threat List
Black = OK
Orange = Can be difficult
Red= Major threat, is one of my worst enemies

Standard OU Offensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Metagross Bullet Punch/Earthquake, Others can revenge kill depending on locked in move
  • Choice Scarf - ^
  • Dragon Dance -Harder, but Metagross still beats it
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Prediction matters here, but mamo can switch in and break the volt-turn chain. Hydro Pump goes to DNite or Starmie
  • Support - One of the most annoying things for my team to face. Will-O-Wisp screws over everyone and Starmie hates Volt-Turn
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - If it locks into Bullet Punch, its set up time. While U-Turning Metegross and Dragonite can take it
  • Swords Dance - Dragonite can kill, Starmie can put a major dent in it.
  • Bulky Swords Dance - Dragonite, Lucario can dent even with unboosted Close Combat
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - Metagross can take Outrage all day, even if the opponent is smart and predicts metagross survives and switches into starmie or Mamoswine to scare it out
  • Dragon Dance - Mamoswine takes on all, Bulky Dragon Dance is beaten by Starmie
  • Mixed - Mamoswine, Starmie can beat it unless he carries a strange coverage move.
  • Parashuffler - Mamoswine Icicle Spear breaks its sub/ Multiscale and will probably kill it in the process.
  • Rain Abuse - Mamoswine, My Dragonite and Starmie all can take this on.
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - Annoying to face. I usually have to sacrifice my Dragonites multiscale to beat the scarf variant but specs is a lot easier
  • 3 Attacks - Mienshao beats him as a lead
Heatran:
  • Standard - Mienshao, Starmie, Mamoswine and if it doesn't have Balloon even Dragonite can beat him up
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Mamoswine is a god answer, Dragonite/ Metagross can back him up.
  • Expert Belt - I never saw one. I'm guessing its a bluff set so Dragonite and Metagross can take it out.
  • Choice Scarf - Once its locked itself in, One of my other pokemon can switch in and force it out.
Latios:
  • Life Orb / Expert Belt - Metagross can take a hit, but Starmie/Mamoswine are the best way's to kill it.
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - ^ Except take out Starmie if its carrying a scarf
  • Calm Mind - Mamoswine and Metagross are my best bets for this.
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - Mienshao can weaken it, followed up by Lucario Crunch/ Dragonite Outrage
  • Offensive Trick Room - It will outspeed my entire team after TR. My priority moves and Metagross save me here otherwise it will demolish me.
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Metagross can take outrage, Starmie and Mamoswine can revenge kill.
  • Dragon Dance - Mamoswine and Starmie can switch in as he dances and beat him.
  • Double Dance - ^
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - I never saw one, but Mienshao beats it as a lead.
  • Choice Specs - ^
  • Special Attacker - ^
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Have to beat it before it gets more than 2 BU's up. Mienshao and Starmie perform admirably at this
  • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Starmie can just surf him and then something else can finish if he survived
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Mienshao just does Fake Out + U-Turn all day on this. Mamoswine is a last resort.
  • Tinkerbell - Mamo is immune to T-Wave so is a good switch in and then he can just Ice Shard it to cripple it
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Metagross and Dragonite can take Leaf Storm all day and then use the free turn effectively. Other moves are rarely used in my experience.
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance - Once Metagross is down hes downright annoying. Starmie is an option on the switch unless he carries Rock Gem hes probably not OHKO'ing with Stone Edge
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Metagross can take a hit and Bullet Punch. Starmie beats Band
  • Substitute + Swords Dance - Metagross once again saves me.
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Starmie is faster than most bulky ones even after Ddance and if I catch it subbing its that much easier for my team rates to revenge as well. Offensive doesn't have the bulk to survive my priority.
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Each of my team can switch into his respective moves. Waterfall to Starmie, Earthquake to DNite, and any Stone Edge to Metagross/Lucario. His last coverage move is usually Bounce so Metagross again.
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Annoying, but Metagross can beat it even if its got sub and Starmie can beat it once its lost its sub.
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - Opposing Starmie are troublesome. Dragonite ExtremSpeed or otherwise I'm left with beating the Speed Tie with my own Starmie
  • Rapid Spin - ^
  • Choice Specs - Dragonite fears trick, but Starmie Cripples itself in the process. Otherwise Dragonite can take Hydro Pump and Outrage/ExtremeSpeed it.
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance - Mamoswine, can handle Rock Polish, Swords Dance is beaten by Mamo as well as Starmie and Mienshao
  • Choice Scarf - Mamo and Starmie are both good options, the trouble is getting them in
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Mamo breaks his sub and kills with Icicle Spear but will take some damage in the process.
  • Landorus-T Bulky Attacker- Mamoswine doesn't like intimidate so Starmie is the best option here.
  • Landorus-T Choice Band- Starmie and Mamo can handle it and depending what move it locks in all my other mons can switch into one move or the other
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker - Starmie shits over this
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - ^
  • Choice Band - With Good prediction can damage my team a fair bit. Starmie can't switch in without risking U-Turn and Dragonite doesn't like the odd Stone Edge. Once hes locked in though hes easily dealt with
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance - Keeping SR up is good, But Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed does so much damage that losing SR doesn't mean Volcarona party
  • Bulky Quiver Dance -same as above
  • Chesto Rest - The two moves don't come close to denting Dragonite while he destroys this with outrage/ ExtremeSpeed
  • Substitute - Who said Dragonite?
Magnezone:
  • Substitute - My only Steel in Metagross beats this 1V1 anyway so hes a non-issue
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Can dent Metagross a fair bit, but he still comes out on top
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind - All my priority moves take a fair chunk off of this
  • Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer - If its on the recieving end of some long ass baton pass chain the only thing thats saving me is a crit. Luckily this is rare with ExtremSpeed I can finish off the common Lead Ninjask/Smeargle before he starts racking up boosts'. Bulky sun attackers dont do much with all my powerful priority going around
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance - Salamence hates Mamoswine
  • Mixed - Same as above except add Starmie and Mienshao into the mix
  • Defensive - Starmie is the best answer as Mamoswine doesn't like intimidate
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Metgross laughs at Outrage while setting up SR or downright demolishing Salamence. Mamoswine isn't wise to switch into due to moxie but can revenge just fine
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive -It takes good oppositon prediction, but this thing if it gets in has a SFE move for my whole team bar Mienshao who can't take a hit anyway. Just got to not let it switch in for free
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Same as above requires good prediction but can eliminate my team with the right move. Once locked in its easier to deal with
  • Substitute - Mamoswine Icicle Spear beats this
Breloom:
  • Bulk Up - Mamoswine beats this and so do Starmie and Mienshao.
  • Sub Seed - Mamoswine and Starmie to the rescue
  • Sub Punch - Mamoswine Icicle Spear shits all over this
  • Swords Dance Technician - Dragonite doesn't mind either STAB's and can hit back and destroy it. Mamoswine and Starmie also beat it but have trouble switching in. Any of them caught trying to Set up on Metagross through Spore will be decimated.
  • Choice Band Technician- Once locked in my team can abuse it to have a free turn.
Latias:
  • Calm Mind - Mamoswine and Dragonite can both do hefty damage with their Priority attacks. If it neglects to carry HP Fire then Metagross can Bullet Punch it as well
  • Offensive Tank - Mamoswine and Dragonite but add Starmie to the mix as well this team. If it doesn't have max speed or is not carrying a +Speed nature even Mienshao can beat it.
  • Choice Specs - Metagross takes Draco Meteor all day while hitting back with Bullet Punch
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance - A bitch in the rain, but i run Jolly on Mamoswine purposely for outspeeding Adamant Croak. If worse comes to worse Dragonite can hope he doesn't have Ice Punch and attempt to Earthquake
  • Bulk Up - Beaten up by Metagross Zen Headbutt
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance - If running Jolly is not as hard, but Adamant is a pain. Starmie's Surf is the best answer and wearing it down to the point where it has defenses lowered and low health from LO is the last resort
  • Nasty Plot - Beaten up by Starmie, and Dragonite.
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind - Mamoswine shits on this with Ice Shard. Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed is also useful
  • Swords Dance - Beaten again by Mamo and Dragonite, But Starmie can also do some damage
  • Dual Screens - Never seen one, but Metagross can Zen Headbutt + BP to do some large damage to this.
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance - Starmie outspeeds even at +1 and hits back with surf, but will likely lose itself in the process. Dragonite ExtremeSpeed dents this as well.
  • Bulk Up -
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth - Mamoswine beats Venusaur and so does Dragonite for that matter
  • Mixed Growth - Doesn't pack the same punch, but Mamo and Dragonite kill him.
  • SubSeed -Mamoswine will either Icicle Spear or Ice Shard here
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock - Mienshao hits this hard if its leading and it is usually forced to choose between SR or switching out and trying again later.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Once locked in, can be used to get free switch ins. Mamo outspeeds and kills band and Scarf is beaten by my own Metagross unless the opponent predicts and uses Earthquake, at which point Dragonite comes in
  • Agility - Starmie resist's Meteor Mash and is a good choice for taking this down. Alternatively my own Metagross has significant bulk and can take Earthquake and hit back with his own.
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker - Starmie outspeeds and kills this, Metagross and Dragonite's priority defeats it as well
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - With good predicting my opponent can take Starmie out of the picture with this and then proceed to terrorize my team with his powerful attacks. It doesn't happen often though
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash -
  • Utility -
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker - Beaten by Starmie and Mienshao
  • Focus Sash + Endeavor - Mienshao breaks Focus Sash with Fake out and then finishes with HJK. If its not a lead for some reason then Starmie is the way to go once Mienshao is down.
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Dragonite beats the scarf set and Band is beaten by Starmie and Mienshao as well.
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser - v
  • Choice Specs - Metagross can switch in on Hurricane, Grass Knot and Focus Blast so this thing goes nowhere on my team
  • Tornadus-T Life Orb - Since 99% of the time it will be in rain Metagross beats up on him with his Flying Resist.
Abomasnow:
  • Choice Scarf - I lead with Metagross i if i suspect Scarf Aboma and Metagross can take both of his STAB's and earthquake NP
  • SubSeed - Metagross Bullet Punch beats this up. Mienshao beats it if its leading
  • Mixed Attacker - Mienshao and Metagross both beat it.
Alakazam:
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Metagross can take this on and break the sub turn 1 and then proceed to kill it.
  • Offensive Calm Mind - My powerful Priority smacks this around
  • Focus Sash - Focus Sash Kazam is a bitch to all offensive teams. If I can break the sash with Mienshao then hes a lot easier to deal with
Azelf:
  • Dual Screens - I will lead with Dragonite if I suspect Dual Screens so I can beat him up with ExtremeSpeed
  • Lead - Mienshao forces it to choose between Rocks or Taking out Mienshao
  • Nasty Plot - Can do a fair amount of damage to my team, but Priority usually takes it out before it gets out of hand
  • Choice Band - Metagross beats this all day.
Azumarill:
  • Choice Band - Dragonite and Starmie both don't mind Aqua Jet in rain, and can hit back hard with Outrage and Thunderbolt respectively.
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker - My Mienshao lead usually means it only gets 1 Layer up so it isn't a real hassle
  • Dual Screens - Mienshao once again to the rescue
Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash - If it catches Metagross putting rocks up, I will get punished by having Metagross come out with most of its Health gone
  • Choice Band - Easy to deal with, its too frail too take my priority attacks.
Empoleon:
  • Agility - Starmie beats this up and so does Metagross
  • Choice Specs - Same as above
Gorebyss:
  • SmashPass - Depending on what it passes too, this can be a hard thing to go up against. It does however need to get in on one of my mons that doesn't like it for it to have an impact
  • Shell Smash Sweeper -
Kingdra:
  • Dragon Dance - Kingdra is usually used to counter rain, and can't have much of an impact on my team. Bulky variants are easy and Offensive ones just get hit by priority and collapse
  • Rain Dance - Not so much Kingdra, its the setting up of ran Dance that is hard. If he sacrifices himself and Kabutops or some other Swift Swimmer comes in somethings going to get hurt.
  • Choice Specs - Metagross can take any Draco Meteor coming off it and Starmie and Dragonite don't mind Hydro Pump
Kyurem:
  • Choice - Metagross is my best option with his Bullet Punch scoring a SFE hit on it
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Metagross once again but Mienshao can do an alright job as well
Victini:
  • Choice Band / Scarf - Christ Scarf Victini is a bitch to go up agaisnt. A STAB sun boosted 180 BP move will hit hard on almost anything, and Victini's 100 base Attacks make it even worse. It outspeeds my whole team and its good bulk make it harder to revenge
  • Physical Attacker - Beaten by Starmie or Mienshao
Stoutland:
  • Choice Band - Metagross takes next to nothing from return and can hit back hard.
Smeargle:
  • Baton Pass - Mienshao breaks his sash and proceeds to kill him with HJK.
Sharpedo:
  • Speed Boost - I have versed one before and its rain boosted waterfall ripped through my team as Dragonite as down. I had to beat him by using his Life Orb Recoil as nothing on my team resist's Water + Dark. One of my biggest threats, luckily hes rare.
Rotom-C:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -Dragonite demolishes this
  • Support - Starmie can beat this in a pinch
Thundurus-T
Nasty Plot- Starmie and Mamoswine beat this easy
NP + sub - Use either Starmie or Mamo to force it into either attacking or boosting.
Choice Scarf/specs- Mamo can switch into electric moves and get a free turn effectively.

Keldeo
Sub + CM - Dragonite resist both STAB's and beats it with Outrage / Extremspeed
Offensice CM - Starmie can dent it heavily even after 1CM. Dragonite's ExtremSpeed cuts it down too
Choice Specs- Dragonite will take a fair amount of damage, but ExtremeSpeed will cut Keldeo down to size
Standard OU Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - Since most lead, Mienshao smacks it to hell and back. Metagross can beat it also if it also if it decides to stick around for later in the match
Rotom-W:
  • Standard - Read what I said about support Rotom and then X2
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard - Mienshao, Dragonite, Mamoswine and Lucario all kill this fruit
Politoed:
  • Defensive - Mienshao beats it as a lead, Its not going to do much against Starmie if it decides to stick around
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - Mienshao lures these in and disposes of them with Hidden Power. Starmie and Mamoswine deal with it anyway but they switch out of them unless the user thinks i'm predicting a switch (which I don't)
  • Substitute + Protect -Mamoswine Icicle Spear breaks the sub and kills it.
  • AcroBat - Mamoswine, Starmie and the Mienshao show is back
  • Defensive - ^
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive - Beaten by Mamoswine, Mienshao and Lucario if it carries balloon. Dragonite can be used as well if it doesn't hold balloon or if the balloon is broken
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive - Mamoswine and Metagross defeat with ease.
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - If I let Starmie die this thing screws me over. Dragonite Fire Punch is my only other answer.
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Dragonite Fire Punch and Starmie deal with this
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive - Mienshao beats it as a lead, Dragonite smacks it if it decides not to lead
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive - Mienshao Fake Out + U-Turn makes this thing cry
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Dragonite Fire Punch and Mienshao can do heavy damage with HJK. Starmie can also hit hard and spin away spikes but must be careful of Volt Switch
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above except take out Starmie
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk - Starmie shits all over this
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter - A pest, if Scald ends up burning a lot more than it should like it usually does its a pain in the ass. Luckily Lucario has Crunch to get by it
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes - Mamoswine, Metagross and Dragonite all take a dump on this guy
Gastrodon:
  • Tank - Cant take the powerful attacks of my Physical attackers, and Gastro users will nearly always switch into Starmie expecting to pick up a boost so I never fall for that anyway
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens - Mienshao forces it to choose between screens or attacking
  • Baton Pass - Read what i said in the offensive Espeon part
Blissey:
  • Support - All besides Starmie couldn't care less about this thing
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support - Starmie TBolt hurts, and everything else can do a lot of damage with just STAB attacks
Latias:
  • Support - Mamoswine and Starmie both beat this and if it chooses Bulk over Speed then Mienshao can be thrown the there as well
Bronzong:
  • Tank - In rain it is generally annoying and Dragonite's Fire Punch is weakend. Starmie has its Surf Boosted in rain though so its a double edged sword
  • Dual Screens - Same as above
Swampert:
  • Defensive - Even though I don't have a grass attack, My powerful attackers will wear him down quickly with his lack of recovery
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker - Will-O-Wisp is annoying, but doesn't like being hit with Dragonites Outrage or Mienshao's U-Turn
Slowbro:
  • Tank - Starmie's Thunderbolt wipes this guy off the map
Quagsire:
  • Curse - Never saw one, I saw Stockpile though and I used Mienshao and Dragonite combo to beat it
  • Specially Defensive - Easy to deal with, just smack him with a powerful attack
  • Physically Defensive - Harder to deal with then specially defensive, but will still more than likely be 2HKO's by my powerful attackers.
Cresselia:
  • Support - Mienshao takes a chunk off it, Doesn't like Outrage off Dragonite
  • Dual Screens - I can usually keep it to just getting off reflect by using Mienshao and Starmie together
Deoxys-D:
  • Bulky Spiker - Mienshao and Dragonite usually give him only one chance to get a layer up
  • Toxic Staller - Metagross does a number on this, and Starmie can absorb Toxic if Metagross is down
Empoleon:
  • Specially Defensive - All members of my team have a way around this
Hippowdon:
  • Physical Tank - Starmie does admirably against this
Xatu:
  • Standard - Starmie beats it, and i won't bother attempting SR until this is gone
  • Dual Screens - Is usually forced to only get one screen up with Starmie hitting it hard on the special side and everything else smacks it with a physical attack
Wobbuffet:
  • Bulky - Is actually annoying. I usually lose something to this but it is basically a "you lose I lose" scenario
Whimsicott:
  • Prankster - Starmie absorbs Stun Spore and can hit back with Ice Beam. Can't take my priority attacks well anyway
Tangrowth:
  • Physically Defensive - Folds up to Starmie's Ice Beam.
Sableye:
  • Prankster - A major pain in the ass is Sableye. If Starmie's down W-O-W misses and Metagross's Lum berry are what save me. I usually end up having something crippled against this
Porygon2:
  • Defensive - Mienshao and Lucario are my best bets, but its incredibly bulky and trace is a bitch
Chansey:
  • Support - Bar Starmie, nobody cares about this thing
Amoonguss:
Specially Defensive- Metagross can take spore and KO with Zen Headbutt

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Champion
Big Chungus Winner
This is a pretty well made team and it has good synergy etc, but how do you deal with Double Dance Terrakion? It scares out a few things being Mienshao, Mamo, and Dragonite, and if it gets up an RP and Metagross is weakened, you might get swept. For this reason I recommend trying out Bullet Punch over Crunch. Double Priority Luke is great and makes sure your sweep is not ended early by a faster threat that resists E-speed.

Great Team and Good Luck!

Just tested you team a couple of battles... and its screwed by burns... burn by w-o-w and scald.
Also it does not like para... :/

That's a nice side, great offensive team, covers almost everything.

No teams like para, and you have Mamo to absorb all electric/para bound moves. Burn does hurt your team, but Starmie's natural cure means you can just keep absorbing, but I suppose you could do that if he was burned anyway. Besides, the - accuracy on Willo will give you time to hit hard or set-up, and most of your pokes outspeed and overkill a lot of burners & scalders.

Bulky Politoed can cause problems on you. It resists steel & ice, and scald will really hurt your side. Starmie's a good check to it, Drags can hit it hard, but it could cause mischief.

But overall it's one of the best offensive teams I've seen, it can hit real hard but the synergy allows you to take hits nicely.

Asek

Banned deucer.
ThunderBlunder- You make a good point and I'll try it out, but It leaves me a bit open to Jellicent. Thanks for the rate!
preliator- The only W-O-W user that gives me serious problems is Rotom-W and occasionally Sableye. Any way to fix this would be appreciated Also common T-Wave users such as ParaShuffler Dragonite and Ferrothorn are easily taken care of by certain team members.
Jamiroquai- Thanks for the rate! Bulky toed isnt as annoying as scarfteod but it is trouble
Thanks for the rates

Have you tried Trick + Iron Ball Metagross? This helps you with getting Rotom-W out of the way as you trick it the Iron Ball on the switch in and then proceed to Ko it with Earthquake. It also gives you an easier way to deal with Skarmory.

Metagross @ Iron Ball Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock

preliator- The only W-O-W user that gives me serious problems is Rotom-W and occasionally Sableye. Any way to fix this would be appreciated Also common T-Wave users such as ParaShuffler Dragonite and Ferrothorn are easily taken care of by certain team members.
I tried, many times... but many players are too smart...
What this team really needs is a heal bell user or another special attacker / status absorber, in my opinion.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there, I would like to say that this team is a really good OU team that can deal with most threats. Abusing priority moves is an excellent way to pressure the oponent and stop cold any opposing sweep. Unfortunately, this team does not likes burns as the common users of Will-o-Wisp like Rotom-W, Sableye or Jellicent can cause trouble when they switch safely and start spreading burns. To make it worse, your team can´t really switch into a Scald from a bulky Water-type as it will be draining most of its HP. Yes it is true Starmie can absorb it since it has Natural Care, however without Recovery, that equals in suicide.

I see that Mienshao is a pokemon you really like, but if you are willing to change him, I would like to suggest CM Virizion in his place. Virizion has a higher Speed, won´t mind a Scald burn since he will be using his Sp.Atk, and has Giga Drain recovery making it less of an issue. Virizion by itself can dismantle a lot of Rain-stall teams you might had issues with. Also as a minor suggestion, you might want to run Recover > Ice Beam, since Starmie is running a Life Orb she will appreciate a recovery move that regains the lost HP from switching into hazards, LO recoil and Sand damage. Hope this rate helps and good luck :). Below is the set.

Virizion @ Life Orb Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sayonara

don't forget
Hi!

Really solid team, Asek! As you mentioned in your threatlist, your team is weak to Rotom-W, as none of your teammates can adequately switch into a Volt Switch / Thunderbolt or Hydro Pump. I find that Mienshao plays a similar role to Lucario, but Luke is better, in my opinion, as it can use SD on a switch and start a sweep. To help deal with Rotom-W, I would replace Mienshao by a Tinkerbell Celebi. Celebi can easily come in on any Volt Switch or Hydro Pump blasted by Rotom-W, and doesn't mind Will-O-Wisp, as it possesses Natural Cure to cure status by switching out. Thanks to Recover, Celebi can switch-in many times, and get health back, granting a great survivability. With Thunder Wave, it can cripple fast opponents like Terrakion and Tornadus-T, allowing Lucario to sweep with more ease. Leaf Storm is an excellent STAB, hitting even harder thanks to Life Orb. It easily takes care of Rotom-W, and leaves a dent in anything that doesn't resist the move (aside from Blissey and Chansey). Finally, Hidden Power Fire quickly eliminates Scizor, which helps out Mamoswine a lot. The set can be found below. A last change I would recommend is to utilize Superpower over Earthquake on Dragonite. That lets it deal with Air Balloon Heatran and Ferrothorn with more ease. I don't have much to add - cool team, and good luck!

Celebi @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Modest | 232 HP / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
~ Thunder Wave
~ Leaf Storm
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Recover

Asek

Banned deucer.
HoiPolloi- I will definitely try this out as it looks very promising. But SD Terrakion could be annoying if i don't have Bullet Punch to take care of him. Thanks!

Motagua- I will definitly change Ice Beam to Recover on Starmie, thanks for pointing that out. Virizion sounds cool and I will test it out over Mienshao as much as I like him. Thanks for the rate!

Expert Physics- Celebi sounds like a great option for my team, and I will probably end up replacing Mienshao with either your Celebi or Motagua's Virizion. Grats on the badge too.
Thanks for the rates people

HoiPolloi- I will definitely try this out as it looks very promising. But SD Terrakion could be annoying if i don't have Bullet Punch to take care of him. Thanks!
No problem. Although I don't see Terrakion as big as of an issue, because it can't really switch in any of your team members and is revenge killed by Starmie, but there are several ways to fix this. You could give Mamoswine Stealt Rocks over Superpower and keep Bullet Punch on your Metagross. You won't miss Superpower much, because in Metagross you have a 100% Rotom-W lure, which Superpower was mainly for. You will miss out on Ballon Heatran, but it can't switch in reliablely anyways. The other option is to give Lucario Bullet Punch over Crunch.
I would recommend the first option, because Jellicent could become very annoying to you and also Mamoswine very good offensive Stealth Rocks user with all the switches it causes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)