Rainy Day Reminisce rainteam RMT

Deleted User 149239

Banned deucer.
first off, I want to apologize for posting an incomplete team yesterday.
played a few battles and I revised the team.

Lead Dancer:

Azelf@Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs:252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly(+spe,-spA)
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Taunt
U Turn

My lead rain dancer. Azelf's Impressive speed let's me setup rain dance before I get taunted.

Stealth Rock is placed so that sweepers can do an easier job because none of my primary sweepers have stat increasing moves. The reason why I picked Azelf rather than Politoed's drizzle is because I want Kingdra to be my Primary Sweeper.

when setup is Finished I can just use U turn.

Backup dancer:

Bronzong@Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed(+def,-spe)
Rain Dance
Gyroball
Light Screen
Earthquake

The Utility Man in my team, 8turns of Rain dance can be insufficient for sweepers so I placed Bronzong to regenerate my Raindance, damp rock is also held to prolong the dance. Because of it's type I can switch-in Bronzong when dragons Outrage and because of his bulkiness I can try to stop the momentum of enemy sweepers.

I use earthquake for coverage and to counter the likes of ferrothorn which can be pretty annoying in rainteams.Gyroball+lowest possible speed can counter the hail inducing abomasnow, in battle I actually deal alot of damage to the likes of Frostlass and Gengar.

The Star of the Show

Kingdra(F)@LifeOrb
Ability: SwiftSwim
EV's: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Modest(+spA,-atk)
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor

With Swift swim Kingdra sweeps under the rain. the increased damage from rain plus dual stabs makes him a potent sweeper. Draco Meteor to deal with walls and other dragons. Hydropump deals impressive damage to everything that doesn't resist it. also you can see that I also placed Rain dance in the move pool so that I won't switch out often.

The three pokemon above make sure that it keeps raining throughout the battle.

Azumarill(F)@Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EV's: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant(+atk,-spA)
Aqua Jet
Super Power
Water Fall
Ice Punch

Azumarill packs a punch with Hugepower+choice band, this makes Aqua Jet a fatal priority attack it's also useful in picking off weakened pokemon from the enemy team. Ice punch is placed so i can deal with Virizion and other dragons. Waterfall's flinch is handy. Superpower is used to counter ferrothorn which again is a pain for rain team's.

Dugtrio(F)@Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EV's: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly(+spe,-spA)
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Shadow Claw

Dugtrio, mainly a revenge killer with his choice band. I use him to trap Tyranitar and Jirachi so I can wipe them out with Earthquake. the Standard QuakeEdge combo for coverage. Sucker punch to deal with psychic types like gengar and lati@s

Dragonite(F)@Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Rash(+spA,-spD)
Hurricane
Aqua tail
Extreme Speed
Roost

I'm actually thinking twice if I should include dragonite or not because I don't have a rapid spinner to protect dragonite from entry hazards and make full use of his ability. I wanted a physical sweeper that's bulky and still benefit from the rain. Hurricane's stab and Aquatail in rain makes a powerful sweeper. I use roost to replenish health and Extreme speed for priority moves.

P.S I played a few games and had a 50/50 winning rate. considering I'm still a beginner in competitive battling, I would like to learn as much from you guys.
Thanks for reading.
*I have troubles dealing with Celebi,Milotic and Scizor :(

Please do not post incomplete teams and actually read the RMT Rules before posting. Lurk more and check out the RMT Archive and other active threads to see the kind of detail we look for. PM me with lengthened descriptions and the last two remaining Pokemons for this thread to get unlocked.

Deleted User 149239

Banned deucer.
Please do not post incomplete teams and actually read the RMT Rules before posting. Lurk more and check out the RMT Archive and other active threads to see the kind of detail we look for. PM me with lengthened descriptions and the last two remaining Pokemons for this thread to get unlocked.
Thank you for unlocking and letting me improve my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)