Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I want to RNG Cresselia for VGC but I have never done a DPP RNG, nor have I ever done a Roamer RNG. Anything important I need to know for them? (I have always done captures on HG/SS)

I know that Cress is generated when you approach it and that it is a method 1 pokemon, but what does "monster frame 5" mean in regards to it?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
If your spread were at frame 100 you would have to advance to frame 95. For most Pokémon you would advance to frame 99.

I've only RNG'd once before this and it was a shiny Suicune. This time im aiming for 31/31/31/31/4/28 Relaxed Shiny Mewtwo. Its on frame 305 and seed is 7E0A02C4. My delay is 696. I've set my DS time a minute before as EonTimer said and I set the calib delay 480. Trying for the first time I missed it by a second. But now I keep getting like 725 on my delay. Entering that to EonTimer makes everything impossible. On a 3DS going out of settings is too long. Help ? Please ? :)

EDIT:Game is HGSS
EDIT2:I actually seem to get no match for Elm responses alot more now I just cant get it I have a big timeframe set in seed to time. I really need some help with this :(
EDIT3:after making the time frame even huger i started to see what i was hitting i keep hitting either a sec below or above probably because 3ds waits a sec before setting time. And i miss my delay alot I hope EonTimer isnt making me wrong here. I keep hitting 720~. And my target sec is 30 if that changes anything.

Is RNG-ing shiny wild pokemon using sweet scent the same (in sapphire) as for emerald? is method 2 used (in RNG report)?
If so, I have been trying to get this method to work, but I cannot seem to find the pokemon that are appearing in the data RNG reporter gives me... I can only think that I am using the wrong method (admittantly I was stupidly using method 1, but I realised it was probably meant to be method 2, so I changed to that, but I still can't seem to find the prokemon based on their IV's and nature...)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually it tends to use H-1 in R/S, and H-2 in Emerald. H-1 takes encounter slots into account. Remember that until Emerald all abilities do not have any out-of-battle effects so do NOT select a sync nature.

Would it be possible to RNG the Tyrogue that is given in Mt. Mortar to you by Kiyo (Heart Gold)? You have to battle him first, but if you have a full party he'll just hand it to you next time you see him. I'm not interested in making it shiny, I just want good IV's + nature for it. Also, it DOES take on your ID and SID when received if that's an issue.

I've never RNG'd in HG before, or in any Gen IV game for that matter. What method should I use?

Thanks.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well if he hands it to you later that's an easy RNG abuse. Method 1 (NOT K), monster frame of 1 most likely.

Method K is for Pokémon that you encounter in battle. Method 1 is for gifts and roamers.

Ok, Thanks. Um... second question. How would I go about calibrating my DSi/3DS for this? I know there's a DSi Parameter Search, but that's only for B/W. All I know about my HG is my secret ID.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Calibrating is mostly to find the values you enter into EonTimer. It's around the same for everyone so I'll give you the ones I use for Soft-Resetting:

Calibrated Seconds: 13
Calibrated Delay: ~500

You may or may not be off but as you update the timer by entering the delay you actually hit it will fix itself.

Wow. If that's the case this looks easy... I'll be back in a few minutes after I find out it's not.

Thanks a lot though.

Uh did this forum die while I was away ? It normally took minutes before someone replied. Anyways can someone atleast tell me why eon timer is landing me this much off. I set the time , start the timer , start the game SR on first timer and continue on second. Game is HG my target delay is 696 but i keep hitting 725 1sec below or above. My seconds is 30. Entering 725 in delay hit makes it impossible even without SR.

I'm back, and like I predicted, I failed.

I was a bit confused with the ordeal, so I used the tutorial here: http://youtu.be/oazP3bFPH8M

What I did was I saved atop Mt. Silver, then soft reset as SOON as the clock rolled over the minute. I got the following:

Seconds Delay
14 501
20 487
14 493
14 488

Then, I went to the 4th Gen time finder, chose Method K, Wild Pokemon, Any.
I entered:

Year: 2012
Min Delay: 487
Max Delay: 501
Min/Max Frame: 1

And chose defensive IV's. I chose a result which did NOT require me to use a specific lead, with 1 frame, 1 hour, encounter slot 5.

Then, I input it into the Seed to Times finder, chose HGSS and chose the first result:

2012 04 27
01:57:59
Delay: 492

Now, the guide said to subtract my 'seconds' from the time, which I did, and got 01:57:45.

I saved in a patch of grass, and soft reset exactly when the timer went to 45 seconds, then mashed 'A' like crazy till I got in.

Now, I've done this several times, each time checking my 3 roamers, and NONE of their combinations EVER show up when I press "Search Roamers".

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but then again I'm new to this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

...You know I think I'll do this the old fashion way. Thanks anyway (I stared at your post for 10 minutes before realizing I have no idea how to do that or what it even is).

I should probably stick to Gen 5 RNG.

Can somebody give me an indepth copius explanation on how to use eon timer? I've tried using it about 20 times so far and I have not hit my seed with it.

130F022D = seed.
545 = delay
2012 06 30 = date
15:55:40 = time
5 = frame

The elm responses needed are apparently E E K K.

Also i am confused about whether or not i have to call 4 or 5 times to hit frame 5. I figure that i start at frame 1 because i have no roamers, so i need to call 4 times to add 4 to that to get 5. Also im using jugler irvine because i dont have pokerus in my game.

Actually it tends to use H-1 in R/S, and H-2 in Emerald. H-1 takes encounter slots into account. Remember that until Emerald all abilities do not have any out-of-battle effects so do NOT select a sync nature.
Ok, so I get RNG Reporter to generate data for the H-1 method, looking at it, it seems that only one pokemon will actually be generated shiny on a specific frame? Is that correct?

edit: OK, ignore... in answer to my own question: yes it does.

A few questions about Breeding Emerald?

I'm playing Emerald US on VBA link 1.73 and working on doing RNG to own all shiny + max IVs breedable pokemons using Hozu Egg PID method and RNG Reporter.
My aim for IVs spread is at frame 15563 Alternative so I caught a Ditto from LeafGreen with IVs 31/31/18/26/7/31, put in slot 1 as parent A and other pokemon in slot 2 as parent B to breed with 50% egg chance. All my pokemons are legally caught or traded from my other save files. After 2 days, I managed to get all hoenn-exclusive shiny + max IVs pokemon but just only Kecleon. The strange thing was that I couldnt find out which spread I had hit. By using Memory Viewer, I captured some frames with IVs I had hit:

Ditto (parent A): 31/31/18/26/7/31
Kecleon (Parent B): 31/27/31/20/31/31

Frame 15557 (Autofire A button): 0/0/20/20/7/6
Frame 15558 (Autofire A button): 31/27/31/20/31/31
Frame 15559 (Autofire A button): 31/31/31/20/10/30 (this one matched Alternative 15564 but not match parent IVs)
Frame 15560 (Autofire A button): 30/22/31/26/7/8

As usual, when i use autofire A at frame 15558 (or rarely 15557/15559), the spread will match the wanted frame 15563 or if missed, it will match, at least, time in RNG reporter (maybe 4:19:36 or 4:19:40) or another split/nosplit frame. Very strange to find out that all spread hit was not fit???
All info I got was very strange and seem to be unknown with RNG.

Spread went normal when breed with other pokemons but was once repeated when I tried to breed for the second clampearl egg by same ditto and huntail (the first egg I still worked) and only back to normal when change parent B or switch 2 parents.

Until now, I am still unable to manage to breed desired Kecleon. Dont know why. Tried other wild kecleon/other save file but did not work either. Please help me :(

I've RNG'd some legends now (without roamers) but now I've tried resetting the roamers for quicker seed verification. Unfortunately I'm hitting a delay thats 3-5 seconds off. why is this and how can I fix it?(btw this is soulsilver)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've RNG'd some legends now (without roamers) but now I've tried resetting the roamers for quicker seed verification. Unfortunately I'm hitting a delay thats 3-5 seconds off. why is this and how can I fix it?(btw this is soulsilver)
Roamer verification tends to cause false positives on nearby seconds. If you were able to hit seeds before then you're probably not missing your target second, so try setting it to +/- 0 and see what that gives you.

Wait so I was trying to hatch a shiny egg, I hit my seed but when I hatched the egg it wasn't shiny. It did however have the right nature and ability so what did I do wrong?The "egg frame" was one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)