Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been suggested already so my apologies upfront.

For easy/faster team building, how about using preset sets based on the smogon analysis already on site?

As there's always people working on C&C those sets never get outdated.

While keeping the change option enabled since some tweaks might be made in the moves or the EV's etc, but since these changes will be small the time spent building the team will be shorten heavily, hence gaining more time for battling.

On the teambuilder, if I select UU or RU I still have to scroll down past the OU and Uber pokemon to get to the relevant tiers.

As a predominantly OU battler I'm not well versed on UU RU or NU but having all pokes not eligible for a specific tier be hidden would be a nice to let me peruse the pokes from these tiers more easily.

On the teambuilder, if I select UU or RU I still have to scroll down past the OU and Uber pokemon to get to the relevant tiers.

As a predominantly OU battler I'm not well versed on UU RU or NU but having all pokes not eligible for a specific tier be hidden would be a nice to let me peruse the pokes from these tiers more easily.
I agree completely. When I first noticed the tier filter on the teambuilder I thought it would be a very helpful tool in making teams in UU and below because I wouldn't have to wade through the pokemon that were not eligible for play in the specific tier anyway. While one might say that you could just look at the tier lists it would still be more convenient to just have the unusable pokemon removed via the filter.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
50. Make usernames require email verification to prevent people from so easily making new accounts to spam with.

Porting this over from the thread in the PO forum:

Rather than having yet another account system with yet another password, allow for logging in via OpenID (which covers Google, Twitter, Yahoo and god knows what else) or Facebook.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
As a long time user of PS!...

14. Remove the >>

<< access denied stuff. Too easy for spammers to abuse (surprised one hasn't yet). Just make it flat out fail if a non-sys admin uses it.

Not really that abuseable.

19. A tournament function. Using challonge is a pain in the butt and keeping track of dropouts is absurd.

Currently to-do

21. Animation toggle

Currently to-do

23. Temp mutes/bans (X has been banned/muted/what have you for 3 seconds etc etc)

Currently to-do

24. Option to save/load teams to/from a .txt file

Alternate solutions to team saving are going to be looked at sometime in the future

26. Make mutes harder to avoid (as it stands you can mutedodge by clearing your cookies)

I'm not 100% sure where you got this notion, as it is not true.

29. remove non-ranked or ranked randoms, seems kind of pointless to have two seprate tiers for random battles when we already have a bajillion tiers as it is

Guests can only play in non-ranked matchmaking

30. Revamp the rules and make them clearer (as it stands not only is it kind of vauge in some respects, such as what qualifies as a borderline name, it also fails to mention several rules such as the fact that you have to speak in english in the main chat)

Pokemon Showdown currently follows Smogon's simulator rules. The page you are referring to is outdated.

31. International server

Wasn't very helpful back when we did have it

49. damage calculator

A cool concept, but extremely difficult to implement

forestflamerunner

Ain't no rest for the wicked
I'd like to see an option where you can only be in 1 battle at a time. I sometimes get impatient when the server is lagging some and i end up clicking find battle like eight times. Then a couple minutes later i'm in 8 battles which is quite overwhelming. I know some people like play multiple matches at on e, but i think it sould be really nice if you could only ever be in one battle at a time if you wanted to roll that way. Maybe some sort of checkbox function for this?

I'd like to see an option where you can only be in 1 battle at a time. I sometimes get impatient when the server is lagging some and i end up clicking find battle like eight times. Then a couple minutes later i'm in 8 battles which is quite overwhelming. I know some people like play multiple matches at on e, but i think it sould be really nice if you could only ever be in one battle at a time if you wanted to roll that way. Maybe some sort of checkbox function for this?
Avoid clicking multiple times on any site. It will make it more laggy than it was before. Just leave the matches you don't want to participate in, if you do click multiple times. Just avoid being finger happy on your mouse.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Until teams are stored serverside (if this happens), allow people to access the teambuilder even when the server is down.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
26. Make mutes harder to avoid (as it stands you can mutedodge by clearing your cookies)

I'm not 100% sure where you got this notion, as it is not true.

One day, I asked a mod to mute me out of curiosity, closed out showdown, then cleared my cookies, and poof - unmuted.

30. Revamp the rules and make them clearer (as it stands not only is it kind of vauge in some respects, such as what qualifies as a borderline name, it also fails to mention several rules such as the fact that you have to speak in english in the main chat)

Pokemon Showdown currently follows Smogon's simulator rules. The page you are referring to is outdated.

Then we should update the /rules to reflect that.

Would a 'friends' option be possible? You know you can add people and then have a separate tab for the games your friends are in and have them always on the top off the player list?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
NyttyN, I think the mute problems been fixed, Marty tested it

and /rules hasn't been updated yet because of the more pressing matters

Stratos

Banned deucer.
okay we currently have an avatar problem

this avatar problem is idiots using the wrong syntax to change their avatars

i have determined three possible solutions for this avatar problem:

1) A code that causes any message beginning with a slash (/) to not appear in chat. This would fix the problem because we will no longer clutter up the chat with /avatar156 or / avatar 156 or any other way people can screw this up. This will also solve the problem of idiots not PMing correctly, which, though rarer, still occurs.

2) If option #1 is not implementable, we could disable avatars. It's so much pain for so little reward >.>

3) If neither option #1 or #2 are implemented i could hack the pentagon and code a system that finds the location of anyone who incorrectly uses the /avatar command and sends a predator drone to air strike their house.

3) If neither option #1 or #2 are implemented i could hack the pentagon and code a system that finds the location of anyone who incorrectly uses the /avatar command and sends a predator drone to air strike their house.
Make this work too for people who post idiotic sets in chat ('I use a Giratina with Rest/Icy Wind/Dragon Claw/Ominous Wind') and then ask people to rate them over and over again, despite even mods telling them to shut up.

Until teams are stored serverside (if this happens), allow people to access the teambuilder even when the server is down.
There is much to be asked for from the teambuilder, which is even acknowledged through the message within the teambuilder. But the first thing I would like to see added before graphical enhancements and such is Arcticblast's point, it would be much more convenient to have the teambuilder accessible when the server is down so the user does not have to wait for the server to be available to begin building their team.

I'd like to see an option where you can only be in 1 battle at a time. I sometimes get impatient when the server is lagging some and i end up clicking find battle like eight times. Then a couple minutes later i'm in 8 battles which is quite overwhelming.
I'd like to second this. Running a stall team and trying to figure out my next move is quite difficult with 3 battles running at once....or maybe I'm just bad.

Anyway, I find the music chosen to be a little jarring. Perhaps give multiple options for music (separate generations) and make the 'no music' button a little more obvious? I couldn't find it for awhile, and it was bugging me. Small nitpick, lol. Good job so far, I'm absolutely loving most aspects. So much better than PO.

You'll also find I'm horrible at looking for things, I'm sure I've demonstrated this several times...haha.

I don't know if this would be possible, but could there be a means of ignoring a user? If there's anything I hate dealing with, it's abusive/rude jerks. If I have a bad experience with them, I'd rather not have them come up again in a battle matchup. It'd be great if you put somebody on ignore and then when finding a battle that person is not selected. That way, I don't have to forfeit ranking points to avoid battling a complete tool.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
/ignore usernamegoeshere. While it does not block battling with them it should provide a nice reprieve from annoyance.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May not be the place for it as it's kind of a tier suggestion too but just an alternative to randbats. Two ways of doing it I think, randomly generate a team like randbats but make every ability moody and every move metronome. the other way is just Smeargle, Metronome and Moody. Just something fun to do while bored like randbats currently and CC of PO I've had a few matches with friends and it's quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)