Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I was battling, and noticed that if one uses protect against outrage (specifically, Haxoruses outrage) it'll essentially reset the counter on how long it will take for the powerhouse to calm down. It's specifically Haxorus, I know that much, seeing as other users outrage hitting protect continued to count down, and eventually, become confused. Now I'm not sure if it's only Gliscor's protect that will allow for the continuation of this or not, but this slight hiccup almost cost me the game. I switched out to Skarmory, and he did infact calm down after another two hits. By that time, there had been 5 continuous Outrage attacks without a confusion proc.

Also, there's no chance it was a Lum Berry, due to the fact that I hit Haxorus with a burn earlier w/ my dusclops, and it consumed it.
That's not a bug as far as I know. This is how Outrage works:

"Deals damage to one adjacent foe at random. The user spends two or three turns locked into this move and becomes confused after the last turn of the effect if it is not already. If the user is prevented from moving or the attack is not successful against the target on the first turn of the effect or the second turn of a three-turn effect, the effect ends without causing confusion. If this move is called by Sleep Talk, the move is used for one turn and does not confuse the user. Makes contact."

Since you can't see what move your opponent is selecting on each turn, the most likely thing that is happening in this situation is that Protect is ending Outrage's effect, and depending on how many turns have passed since Outrage started, the user doesn't get confused unless it ends on the second turn of an Outrage that would end on the second turn, or the third turn. Your opponent was simply selecting Outrage on every turn and it just looks like Outrage was never-ending, when in fact they could have chosen any other move for use after Outrage was blocked by Protect.

I was watching my friend do a battle yesterday and he asked me to report it since he doesn't have a smogon. If it matters it was a rated random battle and I believe he was on the google chrome app/add on/whatever. First all in game sound stopped, despite both the computer volume and game volume being up. After that the game screen turned black for a second and his view of the battle flipped. Like he was seeing from the other players perspective. The pokes that his opponent didn't yet use were still hidden and e saw the enemies moves, not his own. On top of that, he could only select from his opponents revealed pokes when one of his own fainted and it gave him one of his own pokes at random. After a few minutes he decided to disconnect and reconnect and it was fixed. Easily the oddest glitch I've seen in any game
Any word on this?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Any word on this?
Yes, thats a known glitch and is to-be fixed

Found a bug with Encore and Hidden Power.

Turn 11

The foe's Seadra used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Marill lost 52% of its health!
Marill used Encore!
The foe's Seadra received an encore!
The foe's Seadra restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 12

superlaggy called Marill back!
superlaggy sent out Mothim!
Pointed stones dug into Mothim!
The foe's Seadra used Hidden Power!
Mothim lost 30% of its health!
Mothim restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Seadra restored HP using its Leftovers!

Hidden Power is Super Effective against Marill and Neutral against Mothim after the Encore.

It was Hidden Power Grass and it was Random Battle
This is a problem with the "Hidden Power [X]" moves, which are treated as "seperate moves" by the simulator.
When you Encore'd Hidden Power [X] (Which takes its type from the move name) it counted as Encoring Hidden Power (whose type is based on the IVs, which I would guess made it Hidden Power Dark).

idk where else to post this and a cba checking thread to see if this is a thing, if it is ignore this post.

When laddering I have repeatedly battled the same opponent right after I just finished a battle with them. I have also more than once got the same opponent thrice. If it hasn't already this needs to be fixed. Having 3 wins against the same opponent isnt exactly accurate laddering.

again, if this is already a thing/has been fixed ignore this post.

Zarel et. al are aware of the ladder issues, but it's taken a back burner in the last few days to our hosting / bandwidth issues which should now be resolved (knock on wood).

Hi, can someone tell me why i cant log in? I am getting this every time i try "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."...
When i click reconnect i get this same error
I could log in just few hours ago...

Hi, can someone tell me why i cant log in? I am getting this every time i try "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."...
When i click reconnect i get this same error
I could log in just few hours ago...
The server is down at the moment.

idk where else to post this and a cba checking thread to see if this is a thing, if it is ignore this post.

When laddering I have repeatedly battled the same opponent right after I just finished a battle with them. I have also more than once got the same opponent thrice. If it hasn't already this needs to be fixed. Having 3 wins against the same opponent isnt exactly accurate laddering.

again, if this is already a thing/has been fixed ignore this post.
same thing happned to me just that it was the other way around the guy kept beating me.

I registerd as Richter but every time I open showdown it says that I am a guest.
I checked my teams and I still had the same ones as when I was richter the only problem is that every time I try to battle it tells me to choose a name. When i do nothing hapens I am still a guest and cant battle

well... i dont know if this is a bug but when i log in it starts as a guest and when i press change name button and enter a name i still says im a guest so i cannot do any battles...

Can't choose a name...
It says:
Username:
------
Choose name Cancel
I put in my username and click Choose name, but it doesn't load. It stays Guest5324 without changing to my name (Can't play anything except Random Battle)....

Can you guys fix this please?

EDIT: Lol... Just noticed the 2 guys above me have the same issue.

I've had some trouble with the 'choose name' button. I've already played under my name, registered, set a password etc. but when I open the choose your name box, type it in and press it... Nothing.

edit: In the time it's taken me to post this I've noticed the 'do not..' sign... Sorry guys.

Whenever servine uses leaf storm, instead of their special attack halving, it doubles. Just a bit of a glitch

I am pretty sure that that is the contrary ability activating. Contrary reverses stat changes, so if a move such as leaf storm lowers your sp atk it will raise it instead. On the contrary (heh heh) if a move such as charge beam raises your sp atk it will lower it instead.

Pokemon who use Bounce aren't able to get hit on the turn they come back down from the air. Incredibly annoying since a person can just spam Bounce to be invincible.

Just lost the log from a power outage, but I can confirm that he was using Leftovers (no bright powder). If it helps I have the battle room #. Missed Rock Slide, Psyshock, and a Whirlwind. Rock Slide does have a miss chance, but Psyshock and Whirlwind don't. I will say when this occurred Gyarados' sprite stayed "down" while in the air in Bounce. Normally it disappears.

It went like this:

DD Gyarados@+1 used Bounce (high in the air)
Doughboy uses Rock Slide and misses
Gyarados used Bounce (high in the air)
DoughBoy switches in Skarmory!
doughyboy: wtf
Latias used Calm Mind
doughboy: ...

breh

強いだね
Two pokemon dying simultaneously, one by LO damage and another by the attack of the LO attacker, causes a tie. Ingame, the attacker wins. afaik, there literally are no ties in BW.

Ok I just got onto PS after its been down for a while, and all of my teams are missing... I have no clue what happened to them, but my account says I have no teams... what am I supposed to do.

Ok I just got onto PS after its been down for a while, and all of my teams are missing... I have no clue what happened to them, but my account says I have no teams... what am I supposed to do.
Have you recently cleared your cookies? Are you using a different browser? Different computer?

I don't know if this is just a bug or a server issue but I was just laddering and it said something like, "you've been disconnected, this may be because of a server restart." I reconnected and it worked fine, but when I hit reconnect and join battle my opponent wasn't there and after about a minute it disconnected me again. This time when I reconnected I pressed join battle it didn't work and my opponent had requested a kick. I was spamming the button and finally about 30 seconds after it timed out and I lost it said I joined the battle...

When I try to ladder now nothing happens when I press the button.

Have you recently cleared your cookies? Are you using a different browser? Different computer?
I am pretty sure I have not cleared my cookies, and I am on the same browser with the same computer... the team's played a now they are their now they are not act on me, and now I cant find them

chubbzandcrew called Ninetales back!
chubbzandcrew sent out Venusaur!
The foe's Venusaur is hurt by the spikes!
iUseTriWeather called DerpyFrog back!
iUseTriWeather sent out OMGNOOOOOO (Tyranitar)!
OMGNOOOOOO's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Venusaur is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Turn 9
iUseTriWeather called OMGNOOOOOO back!
iUseTriWeather sent out OGDragon (Dragonite)!
The foe's Venusaur used SolarBeam!
The sandstorm rages.
OGDragon is buffeted by the sandstorm!
OGDragon restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 10
iUseTriWeather: power herb?....
The foe's Venusaur used SolarBeam!
It's not very effective... OGDragon lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Venusaur lost some of its HP!
OGDragon used Dragon Dance!
OGDragon's Attack rose!
OGDragon's Speed rose!
The sandstorm rages.
OGDragon is buffeted by the sandstorm!
OGDragon restored HP using its Leftovers!

Solarbeam skipped charge up twice in sand so it couldn't have been power herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)