5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446600

Used this guide and have been breeding like a champ like the last few days, also it has a better method for finding shifted starting frame than aimlessly hatching eggs (which will always occur with breeding due to NPCs).
I don't believe I said aimlessly hatching eggs, ontop of the fact that the linked guide requires egg hatching as well, but oh well...
Also it is key to remember that your SSF isn't set in stone, because chatotting up to the appropriate frame can cause the teacher to do a stupid movement at the split second between you exiting the menu and collecting the egg, so you should always be prepared to do some fiddling around with the amount of chatot flips you're doing.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I don't want consitency, because I'm consitently wrong here's the results of my last tries.

Edit: Timer0 I'm doing parameter searches to find the timer0's
first Calibrated timer0 1123
Target May 20th 2012 15:26:20 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timer0 1123

(estimation of the second)
Mid-end 19th (Gentle) : 2 / 3 - 4 / 10 - 12 / 5 / 30 - 31 / 22 Timer0 1105 Actual Seconds 21
Start 19th (Jolly) : 19 / 8 / 26 - 27 / 20 - 21 / 13 - 14 / 16 – 17 Timer0 1106 Actual Seconds 20
Start 20th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 – 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21
Mid-end 19th (Gentle) : 2 / 3 - 4 / 10 - 12 / 5 / 30 - 31 / 22 Timer0 1105 Actual Seconds 21
Mid-end 20th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 – 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21
End 20th (Bold) : 16 - 17 / 26 - 27 / 3 - 4 / 3 - 4 / 15 / 9 Timer0 1106 Actual Seconds 22
(Still don't even have anything that matches the speed iv in adjacent seed tool.)
Start 19th (Jolly) : 19 / 13 - 14 / 10 - 11 / 16 - 17 / 28 / 18 Actual seconds 20 Timer0 1103
End 19th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 – 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21 (Must of waited too long, maybe those mid-ends are really ends.)
Mid-Start 21st (Hasty) : 8 / 6 - 7 / 3 - 4 / 6 - 7 / 29 / 16 – 17 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 22
Nothing is even close to what the adjacent seed tool says.
Mid 19th (Jolly) : 18 / 6 - 7 / 28 / 19 / 15 / 3 - 4 Timer0 1104 Actual seconds 21
... This doesn't look good. These Timer0's are completely different from my calibrated timer0. Does that mean they change witht he date, ugh that means it will be very difficult when searching over long time periods. I hope I at least helped with the research process by recording this.
I never replied to you here. Those are actually pretty consistent Timer0s for B2/W2. 1103/1104/1105/1106 is all right in the same area. Your seconds really shouldn't wander like that. I can't recall hitting anything but the same second in hundreds and hundreds of resets. Pay very, very close attention to when you boot your game. And, Timer0s do not change with the date. In my Black and White I used all kinds of different dates and always got the same one, or two Timer0s. Its been the same in White 2. And if it gives you hope at all, as I focus and practice booting my game more my Timer0s are getting much more consistent. In the last sitting I reset 19 times and got my target Timer0 7 of those times. Nearly 50% is not bad at all for me.

[edit]
Also, just a note for slashmolder or whoever, I'm not entirely sure the "calculate initial frame" function is working right for B2/W2. I don't know if you've gotten to that yet. Saved in front of Bianca, getting my starter, mashing the A button I got an initial frame of 83 when the predicted initial frame was 54. I realize there are 2 or so RMNPCs in the town below, but I can't imagine them advancing the frame nearly 30 within the couple of seconds it takes to boot. I'm finding a new seed now, because that starting frame was way over my target, and I'll double check if this is the case.

Hi just wanted to say I have found similar issues as mattj I am also finding initial frame to be high 80's + unfortunately I didn't bother getting shiny starter but my shiny frame is 66 and I have never found initial frame to be lower than 80ish I can confirm that you do hit a lot more timer0 I use dslite black2 game cart timer0 1103 is the one I use. I hit it roughly 4 out of 10 which isn't too bad I'm only up to 2nd gym and so far I'm hoping npc's are causing high 80's I'm hoping a empty cave with no npc's may give me a better chance of hitting 66 shiny frame. I think we just have to wait for more testing etc by more expert rng'ers than myself but I will let you know if I ever hit my shiny frame rng reporter states initial starting frame should be 60 but as mattj has found it appears to be a lot higher on gamecart . The good thing is we can hit seeds but just frustrating as can't always find initial starting frame which makes it difficult to do the correct advancements as well as hitting a lot more timer0's I will transfer a synchronizer and see if that improves chances of getting shiny frame or decent nature for my ingame team

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Also, just a note for slashmolder or whoever, I'm not entirely sure the "calculate initial frame" function is working right for B2/W2. I don't know if you've gotten to that yet. Saved in front of Bianca, getting my starter, mashing the A button I got an initial frame of 83 when the predicted initial frame was 54. I realize there are 2 or so RMNPCs in the town below, but I can't imagine them advancing the frame nearly 30 within the couple of seconds it takes to boot. I'm finding a new seed now, because that starting frame was way over my target, and I'll double check if this is the case.
What month was your seed in? Could you try a seed in June?

I successfully RNG'd my starter on a retail cart with a June seed without much issue other than having to time it exactly right so that the NPCs advanced the PID frame just enough.

I never replied to you here. Those are actually pretty consistent Timer0s for B2/W2. 1103/1104/1105/1106 is all right in the same area. Your seconds really shouldn't wander like that. I can't recall hitting anything but the same second in hundreds and hundreds of resets. Pay very, very close attention to when you boot your game. And, Timer0s do not change with the date. In my Black and White I used all kinds of different dates and always got the same one, or two Timer0s. Its been the same in White 2. And if it gives you hope at all, as I focus and practice booting my game more my Timer0s are getting much more consistent. In the last sitting I reset 19 times and got my target Timer0 7 of those times. Nearly 50% is not bad at all for me.
I wasn't trying to be consitent, I was trying to see all of the spreads near my target to see if I cold get what I want, I would have no problem being consitent (Once eon timer's calibrated, I've managed to hit my seed first try in Platinum a few times.) "I don't want to be consitent, because I'm consitently wrong." My problem is with timer0, why are the timer0's I'm getting now so different from my calibrated timer0? How am I supposed to possibly hit my target timer0? If I recalibrate rng reporter with the new timer0's I could do a new search say land in a different month, or whatever it is that makes my timer0 change, and have the exact same problem. We need to figure out how timer0 varies with the time and date on the ds clock, and then have rng reporter only output results that correspond to one of your possible timer0's at the generated time and date.

(Thank you to whoever sent the link to the bw breeding guide, I'll check it in a second.) Edit: Now I'm confused. It keeps demanding I search for something on frame 8, when I can't search for a specific frame, and someone told me that it's just about impossible to hit something under frame 15 when breeding. Also the guide was made for rng reporter 9. er 8? Well anyway, I'm lost. Edit 2: I'll provide more information in case I would have goten asked for it. I have a Male Eevee from Platinum with perfect IVs, and a Timid Nature holdiing an everstone, I have a female Eevee with terrible IVs,and a dream world abillity, my goal is to get a female Eevee with a dream world abillity, and IVs of 31/30/30/31/31/31. I've found many results like that, now I just want to know how many advances I'll need to do once I hit my seed. Edit 3: Yatta!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Firstly, how many resets did you do when calibrating for B2/W2. Secondly, are you sure you aren't accidentally pressing any buttons? If you just randomly reset you'll still get Timer0s within a reasonable range of each other.

Hi just a quick update from yesterday i managed to get to castelia city garden in sewer area and although the small garden has a npc to the left of the tree. It didn't prevent me hitting the correct initial PIDRNG frame of 60 (as listed by rng reporter 9.96 alpha 13) as my shiny frame is on 66 i did six chatot summaries and hit a shiny rattata. So i'm unsure why initial PIDRNG was so high in and around first two gym/cities/route areas.
Anyway if this helps anyone i will list my configurations.
Using DSlite Black Japanese Gamecart
Mac 001DBCC99C5D
VCount 82
VFrame 6
GxStat 6
Timer0 varies but i hit 1103 more frequently
ID 28106
SID 03004
Seed 0529DCD8-29F0708E
December 11th 2017 17.55.36 (hp ice 70) 30/31/30/31/31/31 Frame 1 synchable
Shiny Frame 66 slot 0 ability 1 female with synchronizer without synchronizer lonely nature.
So i guess as robert the bruce says ' if at first you don't succeed try try and try again'
Good luck everyone

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Change the month a couple times and it goes away IIRC. Make sure to save in-game after each time you change the month.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
More specifically, you need to
1. Save in the Giant Chasm with everything you need to do the RNG.
2. Change the month on your DS clock.
3. Walk around in the grass until you battle something.
4. Save again (the fog should be gone now).
5. Do your RNG.

I have no idea how I got my first timer0, but it must be completely wrong, I recalibrated it, but I'm still having trouble hitting my new seed even with a possible timer0. At least in gen IV I knew exactly when I had to enter the game, here I know ABOUT when to press A... Is there an rng timer that recognizes timer0?

More specifically, you need to
1. Save in the Giant Chasm with everything you need to do the RNG.
2. Change the month on your DS clock.
3. Walk around in the grass until you battle something.
4. Save again (the fog should be gone now).
5. Do your RNG.
Yay, thank you! I got my shiny Metagross... Lastly, how does one do fishing rngs? I've tried several times, but on my target seed, I never even get a nibble!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I have no idea how I got my first timer0, but it must be completely wrong, I recalibrated it, but I'm still having trouble hitting my new seed even with a possible timer0. At least in gen IV I knew exactly when I had to enter the game, here I know ABOUT when to press A... Is there an rng timer that recognizes timer0?
There's a lot of hardware details in what Timer0 you get, a timer can't account for that. Unfortunately, using EonTimer for consistency is the best you can do.
Yay, thank you! I got my shiny Metagross... Lastly, how does one do fishing rngs? I've tried several times, but on my target seed, I never even get a nibble!
It's a known bug that some fishing frames that show as successful are actually not even a nibble, you might need to try a couple different ones to find one that works.

There's a lot of hardware details in what Timer0 you get, a timer can't account for that. Unfortunately, using EonTimer for consistency is the best you can do.
That word keeps coming up. I still don't get it. I can be consitent, I can get the same wrong result over, and over again. How is that helpful? I don't want consitency, because I'll be consitently wrong.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
That word keeps coming up. I still don't get it. I can be consitent, I can get the same wrong result over, and over again. How is that helpful? I don't want consitency, because I'll be consitently wrong.
If you're consistently getting something else, then either adjust the timer slightly or search using that other result instead.

Hey guys i know very much about rnging in BW.but about BW2, is there a difference when rnging BW2 than BW,if so can you point me some differences.like pid initial frame frame and parameter finding etc.please

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Hey guys i know very much about rnging in BW.but about BW2, is there a difference when rnging BW2 than BW,if so can you point me some differences.like pid initial frame frame and parameter finding etc.please
Most of the differences are handled behind the scenes by RNG Reporter and you don't need to worry about them. There's only a few things that are really different:

1. Timer0 is a lot more erratic, most people will hit 4+ different ones.
2. Entralink no longer uses delay, instead just advancing the IV RNG some extra frames (still advances the PID frame constantly, though).
3. Breeding is all screwed up, and there's not much we can do about it unless Game Freak fixes it in the international release (unlikely). Stick to BW1 for breeding.

Can someone please help me, I am Entralink RNGing and I am hitting my target delay and I have verified it using the seed to time IV checker but I still have a big problem:

I will use this picture to explain my problem: Lets say for example I am constantly hitting my delay of 5029 but instead of getting the IVs of 31/31/31/24/31/31 I am instead getting 31/31/15/6/22/11. How do I get the IV spreads of 31/31/31/24/31/31? Do I have to change settings on the EON TIMER or something like that. Thanks for any help you all can give me.

Shii

zap
Can someone please help me, I am Entralink RNGing and I am hitting my target delay and I have verified it using the seed to time IV checker but I still have a big problem:

I will use this picture to explain my problem: Lets say for example I am constantly hitting my delay of 5029 but instead of getting the IVs of 31/31/31/24/31/31 I am instead getting 31/31/15/6/22/11. How do I get the IV spreads of 31/31/31/24/31/31? Do I have to change settings on the EON TIMER or something like that. Thanks for any help you all can give me.
Your target IVs are on a different frame. Sometimes the IV frame of Entralink pokemon varies. I'm not sure why but it does. If you know you are hitting your seed, pull up your seed in the main RNG Reporter window. In Method box, select Gen 5 IVs (C-Gear Seed) and check to see which frame gives you 31/31/15/6/22/11 IVs. And do advancements from there. :>

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
More likely it's because of the steps you have to take to get through the Entralink. I'm guessing you have four Pokémon in your party?

I'm trying to calibrate my White 2, and I'm at Route 20, and there is only my rival moving in the doubles grass. I still can't calibrate. Is there any special method to calibrating B/W2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)