Shall We Dance? An OU RMT.

This team pretty much focuses on having Haxorus come out at an opportune moment and Dragon Dance. The way an opportune moment will be judged as such is if I have paralyzed enough of the opponents Pokemon (4 tends to be enough), if my opponent doesn't have any attack that can kill the Pokemon I switch in or if it is highly predictable that the opponent will switch their Pokemon when I switch in Haxorus. Jellicent's purpose is basically to stall out an opponent that is burned with scald, Rapid Spin any entry hazards and set up Toxic Spikes. Celebi is just a revenge killer because it is Scarfed and also provides more coverage while helping break walls or force switch ins. Jirachi is my back up Paralyzer and, if the opponent can take out Haxorus or Conkeldurr, then it will Flinch them to death while setting up Stealth Rock. The explanations will be continued for each individual Pokemon. Conkeldurr comes out on paralyzed opponents mainly, using its Flame-Orb-activated-Gut's boosted attack to finish off Pokemon with its wide coverage. This team may be used instead of my hax team I posted earlier, so an item can only be used once due to DS Random Matchup Item Clause .

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Dragonite is my lead in most conditions as it will help setup for Haxorus/Conkeldurr. The set for Dragonite is the standard Parashuffle set. Dragonite will set up Thunder Wave on the first turn unless the opponent has Volt Absorb or is a Ground Type. It is almost ensured that Dragonite can paralyze its first opponent if possible because Multiscale makes it so that even a Super Effective hit has a low chance of landing an OHKO on Dragonite. After Dragonite paralyzes its opponent, it will either Roost or Substitute, depending on the HP of Dragonite, until the opponent is affected by paralysis, then Dragon Tail them away next turn.

Jirachi @ Shed Shell
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is the backup paralyzer if there are too many Ground-type Pokemon on the opponent's team. If there are too many Ghosts, then Dragonite wil probably go first. Jirachi's set is also very standard for its purpose. It will use Body Slam to attempt to paralyze the opponent. Usually one or two Body Slams are enough to paralyze the opponent and after that Jirachi will use Iron Head to flinch the opponent to death. Wish will be used to regain Jirachi's HP and Stealth Rock will help weaken incoming threats. Shed Shell will help escape the grasp of Magnezone's Magnet Pull which can be problematic for Jirachi if it cannot paralyze Magnezone on the first turn. Jirachi has no Atk EVs because it needs to be able to take hits when it is paralyzing the opponent while it isn't quite necessary to deal out a lot of damage because it will not need to take many hits once it starts flinching the opponent.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Haxorus is one of the three key offensive players in this team. It will switch in on an opponent that I know cannot combat it effectively and will either have to switch or hit for neutral damage. Haxorus can also switch in on an opponent who thinks Haxorus is banded so will, for example send out Heatran as bait for Haxorus to use Earthquake or Brick Break and then switch to something like Gengar, only to find out that they just gave Haxorus a free Dragon Dance. Usually one Dragon Dance is enough to give it ample power to sweep things and ample speed to outrun threats that aren't Scarfed. Lum Berry allows it to use one chain of Outrage without being crippled for a few turns by confusion.

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Celebi is my second offensive player. It helps patch up my weakness against bulky Water-types that tend to have the potential to wall me. Leaf Storm hits them hard, especially Swampert and Gastrodon. Earth Power helps cover against Heatran and other threats like that. HP Ice helps provide coverage against opposing Dragons who threaten Haxorus and against Flying types. Trick helps break walls and force switches which help put my entry hazards to use.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Conkeldurr is the third offensive Pokemon on my team. It will basically switch in based on the same conditions that Haxorus is looking for, that is, on a Pokemon that cannot threaten it but rather is threatened by it so it will switch out. Drain Punch will be used to keep Conkeldurr from dying of its Burn while Mach Punch will be used to finish off already weakened opponents.Ice Punch helps deal with Gliscors and Disable Gengars among other things, such as Flying types. Payback further helps with coverage by hitting Ghosts and Psychics hard.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Tentacruel is an essential part of this team since entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes, will be destructive for this team as it will allow walls to easily stall and pick off my offensive Pokemon. It also helps cripple opposing teams with Toxic Spikes which, when two layers are out, will allow Tentacruel to effectively stall or it will force the opponent to switch to prevent the toxic poison from becoming too great, causing them to poison more of their Pokemon while taking damage from Stealth Rocks if Jirachi has set them up. Scald will help with Steel types by providing a chance to burn them. The EV spread allows it to outrun most Gliscor's, who run 72 EVs, thus allowing me to counter them effectively.

Here is an exportable if anyone would want to test it:
Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Jirachi @ Shed Shell
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Hi there!

This is a neat team, stacking hazards with Tentacruel and Jirachi with Dragonite to phase your opponent out. The hazards and status on your team help you to set up a lot easier with Haxorus, in attempts to pull off a sweep. One thing I see that may stand in your way is defensive variants of Gliscor. It can take on Jirachi, Dragonite, Conkeldurr and Haxorus, while outspeeding your Tentacruel and dealing massive amounts of damage with Earthquake. Your only way to hit it hard is with Porygon-Z, who may find it hard to keep switching in as your spinner itself is weak to Gliscor. To help with your Gliscor weakness, I think you could run Ice Punch over Bulk Up on your Conkeldurr. Ice Punch allows you to hit Gliscor a lot harder, limiting the amount of Substitutes it can set up or the amount of Toxics it can spread around your team. It also increases Conkeldurr's coverage, allowing it to hit Dragons such as Salamence and Dragonite harder. It also helps out with your moveset a little, Conkeldurr being very slow in the current metagame may find it hard to set up Bulk Ups safely, without fear of being outsped and KOd by Special threats. Flame Orb and Guts already gives you enough power, without having to waste a turn setting up and losing even more health from Flame Orb.

Given that your team does look like it is trying to attempt a Haxorus sweep, you may find that annoying steels such as Skarmory and Forretress stop your sweep pretty easily. Either of them can set up hazards and take any hit from Haxorus, forcing you to switch out and rack up more potential hazards damage if you have lost your spinner. I think you should try out a Choice Scarf Magneton over your current Choice Scarf Porygon-Z. Magneton has a certain niche in OU that allows it to trap steel types that may be threatening to your sweepers. Magneton can dispatch these steels which easily get in the way of your Haxorus, Magneton is also faster than Magnezone, allowing you to outspeed Pokemon up to base 129 speed, as well as Dugtrio who can trap both Magnezone and Magneton. Losing Porygon-Z is not really a big blow for your team, Magneton has a number of key resistances and synergizes well with the rest of your team. Although you lose the coverage and better special attack with Porygon-Z, you gain the ability to trap defensive threats that get in your way, as well as momentum via Volt Switch which can grant you free and safe switches into your other team members.

If you are still having troubles with Gliscor, you could try running 36 Speed EVs on your Tentacruel, this will allow you to outspeed the majority of defensive Gliscor sets running 72 Speed EVs, and get a Scald off before they Sub. This is especially helpful because Tentacruel is immune to Gliscor's Toxic, and is also physically defensive so you can take Earthquakes a lot better.

Cool team, hope I helped!

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Where's the hyper beam on Porygon-Z? haha just kidding. I'm not an expert RMT guy, but your team is weak to Mamoswine. I'd consider a pokemon to replace to counter that or play very cautiously with Conkeldurr and when facing Mamo. Same thing with P-Z you should play carefully with mamo because if P-Z goes down along with conk, it will be very hard to stop it.

You could replace D-nite with a Phazer set Gyarados(can be found on http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/gyarados), but D-nite is generally better at phazing with multiscale. Just a sugggestion. besides that i think the team seems relatively solid and would probably annoy the crap out of me if i faced it :). Nice job

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hey man,

the major threat to this team is Tornadus -t in a rain team, it can spam stab Hurricane on your pokes face (except Jirachi) wich is easily trapped by magnezone and walled by gliscor.
Try the SubCM set on Jirachi:

Problem? @ Shed Shell
- Substitue
- Calm Mind
- Water Pulse
- Thunder / thunderbolt

This is the most annoying set for this baby, it can counters all rain teams (thunder) or you can use thunderbolt for another teams.

Hope i helped you!

Hi there!

This is a neat team, stacking hazards with Tentacruel and Jirachi with Dragonite to phase your opponent out. The hazards and status on your team help you to set up a lot easier with Haxorus, in attempts to pull off a sweep. One thing I see that may stand in your way is defensive variants of Gliscor. It can take on Jirachi, Dragonite, Conkeldurr and Haxorus, while outspeeding your Tentacruel and dealing massive amounts of damage with Earthquake. Your only way to hit it hard is with Porygon-Z, who may find it hard to keep switching in as your spinner itself is weak to Gliscor. To help with your Gliscor weakness, I think you could run Ice Punch over Bulk Up on your Conkeldurr. Ice Punch allows you to hit Gliscor a lot harder, limiting the amount of Substitutes it can set up or the amount of Toxics it can spread around your team. It also increases Conkeldurr's coverage, allowing it to hit Dragons such as Salamence and Dragonite harder. It also helps out with your moveset a little, Conkeldurr being very slow in the current metagame may find it hard to set up Bulk Ups safely, without fear of being outsped and KOd by Special threats. Flame Orb and Guts already gives you enough power, without having to waste a turn setting up and losing even more health from Flame Orb.

Given that your team does look like it is trying to attempt a Haxorus sweep, you may find that annoying steels such as Skarmory and Forretress stop your sweep pretty easily. Either of them can set up hazards and take any hit from Haxorus, forcing you to switch out and rack up more potential hazards damage if you have lost your spinner. I think you should try out a Choice Scarf Magneton over your current Choice Scarf Porygon-Z. Magneton has a certain niche in OU that allows it to trap steel types that may be threatening to your sweepers. Magneton can dispatch these steels which easily get in the way of your Haxorus, Magneton is also faster than Magnezone, allowing you to outspeed Pokemon up to base 129 speed, as well as Dugtrio who can trap both Magnezone and Magneton. Losing Porygon-Z is not really a big blow for your team, Magneton has a number of key resistances and synergizes well with the rest of your team. Although you lose the coverage and better special attack with Porygon-Z, you gain the ability to trap defensive threats that get in your way, as well as momentum via Volt Switch which can grant you free and safe switches into your other team members.

If you are still having troubles with Gliscor, you could try running 36 Speed EVs on your Tentacruel, this will allow you to outspeed the majority of defensive Gliscor sets running 72 Speed EVs, and get a Scald off before they Sub. This is especially helpful because Tentacruel is immune to Gliscor's Toxic, and is also physically defensive so you can take Earthquakes a lot better.

Cool team, hope I helped!

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
ice punch i will definitely do, it will take the place of bulk up and will also help deal with disable gengars
choice scarfed magneton i will look into as it was recommended on another forum as well
tentacruel evs will also be redistributed
thx 4 the feedback

Where's the hyper beam on Porygon-Z? haha just kidding. I'm not an expert RMT guy, but your team is weak to Mamoswine. I'd consider a pokemon to replace to counter that or play very cautiously with Conkeldurr and when facing Mamo. Same thing with P-Z you should play carefully with mamo because if P-Z goes down along with conk, it will be very hard to stop it.

You could replace D-nite with a Phazer set Gyarados(can be found on http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/gyarados), but D-nite is generally better at phazing with multiscale. Just a sugggestion. besides that i think the team seems relatively solid and would probably annoy the crap out of me if i faced it :). Nice job
i will look into a phazing gyarados set, thx 4 the feedback

Hey man,

the major threat to this team is Tornadus -t in a rain team, it can spam stab Hurricane on your pokes face (except Jirachi) wich is easily trapped by magnezone and walled by gliscor.
Try the SubCM set on Jirachi:

Problem? @ Shed Shell
- Substitue
- Calm Mind
- Water Pulse
- Thunder / thunderbolt

This is the most annoying set for this baby, it can counters all rain teams (thunder) or you can use thunderbolt for another teams.

Hope i helped you!
jirachi isnt trapped by magneton since i already hav a shed shell on it but i will look into the new set, the only problem i hav with it is that it doesnt help with paralysis as much

Hi there. Solid team, all I can recommend is changing Haxorus for another Dragon type. There's a few options here, Dragon Dance Moxie Salamence would work best, as you can't use Dragonite because you're already using him. The Salamence set will work very similarly to your current Haxorus, the only real difference being Salamence has slightly better bulk and speed, but slightly less Attack, although the real reason to use Salamence is Moxie, allowing him to become more and more dangerous with every kill.

Here's the set:

Salamence @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naughty (+Atk, -SDef) / Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Roost

If you're using Outrage over Dragon Claw use Lum Berry, otherwise go for Life Orb. If you're using Fire Blast use a Naughty nature, otherwise use an Adamant nature, and shift the 4 SAtk EVs onto a different stat.

Hope this helps.

Hi there. Solid team, all I can recommend is changing Haxorus for another Dragon type. There's a few options here, Dragon Dance Moxie Salamence would work best, as you can't use Dragonite because you're already using him. The Salamence set will work very similarly to your current Haxorus, the only real difference being Salamence has slightly better bulk and speed, but slightly less Attack, although the real reason to use Salamence is Moxie, allowing him to become more and more dangerous with every kill.

Here's the set:

Salamence @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naughty (+Atk, -SDef) / Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Roost

If you're using Outrage over Dragon Claw use Lum Berry, otherwise go for Life Orb. If you're using Fire Blast use a Naughty nature, otherwise use an Adamant nature, and shift the 4 SAtk EVs onto a different stat.

Hope this helps.
i will most definitely try that out
the only reason i chose haxorus initially was for mold breaker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)